Author Topic: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates  (Read 71522 times)

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
Re: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates
« Reply #390 on: April 25, 2011, 02:15:24 PM »
JUST got mine from Amazon today. Oh my... Boy I feel the 12 year old self inside of leaping for joy. If I wasn't so freakin' sick and sore in my arm bones, I would READ them. But it HURTS.

:(

Offline TheFearlessLeader

« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2011, 01:38:09 AM »
Got books #1 and #2 today from a local Barnes and Noble. Read The Invasion so far, so good. I'm happy with the relaunch although there are things that could've been done differently.
I went to the window and looked up at the stars. Somewhere up there, around one of those
cold, twinkling stars, was the Andalite home world. Somewhere up there was . . . hope.

<They'll come,> Tobias said. <The Andalites will come. And until then . . . >

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Yeah," I said. "Until then, we fight."

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #392 on: April 28, 2011, 03:42:40 AM »
Got books #1 and #2 today from a local Barnes and Noble. Read The Invasion so far, so good. I'm happy with the relaunch although there are things that could've been done differently.

I just did the same thing,got mine at Barnes and Noble for $14.99.

Offline Kyle

« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
I saw the first 2 books today in the mall. Even though Ive known what they looked like for a while now, its still kinda surreal seeing Animorphs on shelves again after all this time.  I didn't buy them (flat broke, a side effect of being jobless I suppose) but I just wanted to mention that.
Also, while the lenticular cover looked exactly as I expected, it takes some odd viewing angles to see both forms. the most natural front on angle just gives you a half morph, while to morph it human or to animal requires you to slant it pretty far up or down. This is why I was never gung ho about the lenticular thing in the first place. I prefer covers that look good from front on.

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #394 on: May 01, 2011, 01:16:45 AM »
Also, while the lenticular cover looked exactly as I expected, it takes some odd viewing angles to see both forms. the most natural front on angle just gives you a half morph, while to morph it human or to animal requires you to slant it pretty far up or down. This is why I was never gung ho about the lenticular thing in the first place. I prefer covers that look good from front on.

I think that was intentional. From straight on, you see both images just like in all promotional materials where they can only show you a still image of the book cover. You move it up and down to see either end of the animation.

Offline jiminy

« Reply #395 on: May 03, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
This is really exciting to know these books are back in stores.  I would have my dad, each Saturday morning of the new month, take me to Barnes and Noble.  The walk-in, through the store and to the back where the children's section was was so thrilling.  I can remember turning the corner, and they would have the Animorphs books on the very bottom row, and I would always get a glimpse of the cover from far away.  I vividly remember how awesome the cover to #26 looked in person.

I've held off on getting these, because I want to do it like I did in the olden days.  Even though I'm now grown up (hah), and have my own job, own car, and live on my own, I'm going to have my dad pick me up and have him drive me to the same Barnes and Noble, and the children's section is still in the same spot so we're going to do the same walk through the store and grab the new releases.  Just like it was in 1998.  Can't wait!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #396 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:16 AM »
I'm going to have my dad pick me up and have him drive me to the same Barnes and Noble, and the children's section is still in the same spot so we're going to do the same walk through the store and grab the new releases.  Just like it was in 1998.  Can't wait!

i'm tempted to do the same thing now. ;)

Offline Alex Oiknine

• Gold Donor
  • I'm moving on, I'm moving on...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »
I got #1 and #2 today for myself; I'm planning on getting them for some other people too. I hope sales are doing all right in other areas; in the bookstore I was at they were really hard to find if you were actually looking for them.

Plus for some reason they put #2 out first and #1 came out days later.

Plus there was only like, four each.

But I got The Invasion today and it looked like a few of the other books had been bought (we're a small town so...) and that was exciting.

This is a Borders bookstore, so, you know. They're going through bankruptcy mayhem >_> This store wasn't supposed to be shutting down but I more or less expect them all to go within the next few years. Too bad because they were like /the/ bookstore here.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
http://alexoiknine.com
http://aximili.dreamwidth.org

The One (Completed)
The Rescue (Completed)
The Rendezvous (In Progress)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »
     I just like going to the Chapters to SEE the books on the shelf.

Unforunately, here in Canada, our filing system is loopy...Seriously. They have the Children's 9-12 section...AND a Children's 9-12 Popular Book Series section...Like, why not just put them together? It just gives me, as a customer, more work.

Same with record stores...
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »
And so it begins...the release has begun. And that just makes me feel ups and downs. I don't know why but I DO feel thrilled to run to the bookstore in Singapore and dig out those books and start reading it like my old 12-year-old self onwards. But at the same time, I'm a bit anxious. I guess I fear what changes there could be that I'm gonna redo my Animorphs fics...

Throw the irony away please... My heart just died inside of me cuz of the irony...I shouldn't think this way but it's conflicting me! The SHAME!!! -runs away from the shame, crying- I'M NOT WORTHY TO BE A RAF MEMBER WITH THAT KIND OF SHAME!! NOT WORTHYYYYYY!

Post Merged: May 09, 2011, 02:39:21 AM
Oddly enough, the series hasn't arrived in Singapore and it's already more than a week. :/
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:39:21 AM by Vickie1 »
My imagination can be both infinite and insane

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2011, 05:38:09 AM »
There really aren't any changes. They just fix a continuity error in book #1
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »

Ah, ok. Well still nice to look at them. Lost all me books and sadly the books at the libraries are either stolen or disappeared. >_>

So they never made it such that in the books, its 2011? Nuts, that means I can't give Ax a flat TV in his scoop and a XBox 360 to Jake or Marco. There were rumors about the series maybe being today's year but I shouldn't believe them. :-\

With that in mind, now I've got one chapter to redo completely....sheee eez.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »
I'm going to have my dad pick me up and have him drive me to the same Barnes and Noble, and the children's section is still in the same spot so we're going to do the same walk through the store and grab the new releases.  Just like it was in 1998.  Can't wait!

We still have the same book store in the mall that we used to have when I was a kid, so I did the same thing when I was picking up the relaunch books. :D

So they never made it such that in the books, its 2011? Nuts, that means I can't give Ax a flat TV in his scoop and a XBox 360 to Jake or Marco. There were rumors about the series maybe being today's year but I shouldn't believe them. :-\

No, none of that was ever confirmed. Doing so would have meant rewriting the series, and that's not what the relaunch was ever about. We knew it'd be updated in some way (pop-culture references most likely), but the rumors got out of control and people got over excited.

I ended up making a FAQ because I had to clear this up so many times. Feel free to pass it on: http://www.hiracdelest.com/faq-full.htm

Also, there are other tiny edits in the books, but they aren't noticeable unless you're planning on going line by line with the original 90s version.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Vickie1

• DA
« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »

We still have the same book store in the mall that we used to have when I was a kid, so I did the same thing when I was picking up the relaunch books. :D

No, none of that was ever confirmed. Doing so would have meant rewriting the series, and that's not what the relaunch was ever about. We knew it'd be updated in some way (pop-culture references most likely), but the rumors got out of control and people got over excited.

I ended up making a FAQ because I had to clear this up so many times. Feel free to pass it on: http://www.hiracdelest.com/faq-full.htm

Also, there are other tiny edits in the books, but they aren't noticeable unless you're planning on going line by line with the original 90s version.

You guys on the other side of the world are lucky to have them. I have a feeling it won't come for another week to Singapore.  :orly:

Thanks for clearing that, Essam. Now I shall go bury my head in the sand for believing those rumors and rewriting my chapter. -buries her head and screams in a muttered voice-

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »
i saw them at barnes and nobles. they're expensive! and smaller than i remembered them to be. is the print bigger?
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?