Author Topic: Animorphs 300 Trailer Video  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
Animorphs 300 Trailer Video
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »
I think pretty much everyone who is on my Facebook list has seen this already, but if you missed it, here is the new video that I worked on in my last week off:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Xo7weys6M[/youtube]

Direct Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Xo7weys6M

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Animorphs 300 Trailer Video
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
I posted in the Youtube comments, but I'll say it again: nice work Issam!  :)

I really should get around to seeing 300, although I have heard bad things about it.

I suppose the main difference between 300 and Animorphs is that the side that's vastly outnumbered actually wins!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:49:32 PM by Phoenix004 »
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
Yeah, I saw your comment, thanks. :)

300 was decent. There wasn't a whole lot in the story that really grabbed me, and I was one of the people that was like "meh" after seeing it. As an action movie though, it's pretty awesome. The fighting is cool, but that's really it. It's not something that I've bothered to see again, but that's not to say that I didn't like the style or the art direction of the movie either, so it's really a mixed bag for me at the end.

Regardless of all that, the teaser trailer (not the theatrical trailer) for 300 is something that I love everytime, lol, just cause I love how pumped it is, and I couldn't resist making that for Animorphs after seeing everyone else doing it for their fandoms too. :P

One thing that I forgot to post here, but I did post on my Youtube summary was how all the dialogue worked for Animorphs in this trailer:

Sparta = Earth
Spartans = Animorphs/Andalites/Auxiliaries
Persians = Yeerks

Hopefully that's helpful for those that haven't see it. I was originally thinking of the Auxiliaries when I was making the mock trailer for this, and I would've loved to add them in, in place of the Animorphs walking together in the park, had the TV actually had them. Oh well. :P

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 04:27:07 PM »
Yeah I liked the 300 trailer, which is why I was disappointed to hear that it wasn't very good. I can see where you got the idea though. The idea of 300 men against an unstoppable army but choosing to fight anyway is very inspiring, and certainly has parallels to the Animorphs series.

One of my favourite scenes in the series is in book 6 when Jake talks about how humans are different from Yeerks because humans will fight to the bitter end, even if there's no chance of winning. It's a great speech and always makes me smile. Even the TV episode managed to do a similarly cool speech, although that was an Ax narration at the end of the episode (it's probably the only scene in the TV series that I liked).

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
One of my favourite scenes in the series is in book 6 when Jake talks about how humans are different from Yeerks because humans will fight to the bitter end, even if there's no chance of winning. It's a great speech and always makes me smile. Even the TV episode managed to do a similarly cool speech, although that was an Ax narration at the end of the episode (it's probably the only scene in the TV series that I liked).

Is that the part when Jake makes his phone call to Tom at the end? If so, then yeah, I liked that too.

I also enjoyed the barn scene discussion they had in "The Escape". It's a classic Animorph scene where they discuss the morals of infecting all of the controllers, giving the hosts some freedom rather than none, even with a weapon as ridiculous as Maple Flavoured Oatmeal. I love that Jake just gets up after that with his history book and talks about the civil war, and how they shouldn't kill the slaves, but go after the slave owners instead. It's a great parallel to what they're going through, and I think it's one of the few scenes that the TV show pulled off well.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 04:45:10 PM »
I don't remember that scene, but it sounds like he summed it up well. And I don't know about the TV show, but in the books that was #17: The Underground. The underwater base with the Hammerhead Sharks was The Escape.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
I don't remember that scene, but it sounds like he summed it up well. And I don't know about the TV show, but in the books that was #17: The Underground. The underwater base with the Hammerhead Sharks was The Escape.

Yeah, the TV show named their episodes differently. "The Underground" on the tv show was actually the last part of the first book with them going to the Yeerk Pool, so "The Escape" became the Oatmeal story.

*is a walking nerd* :P

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 01:40:51 AM »
I liked your version, but then I also love 300. One of the best action movies of the 2000's.