Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197771 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1545 on: July 30, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »
CATIE|

A small flash of light appeared in the sky as the Urtahn entered pulsce speed. It was accompanied by a barely audible clapping noise. Ogreon partially hoped Van had seen and heard his departure.

Two red glows appeared in the bar. But instead of Clangst and Human, there were two humans. A male and a female. The glows faded to reveal Larry and Catie.

"Now...where's this Van Ogreon told us about?", Catie said as soon as they materialized.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1546 on: July 30, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
Larry looked around and slightly recognized the establishment. It resembled Atma's place in Lut Gholein, a bar. There were many different creatures her, but he noticed in his observation that a few were missing. In fact the Human female and the male Elf who had helped him when he came crashing through the door were gone, perhaps left all together.

At the thought of him crashing through the door, he looked over at it and began walking towards it. He knelt down and looked at the dried blood that was still there. My blood he thought to himself. Larry looked at himself and noticed he was an absolute mess. His vest was slashed so bad that it was barely hanging on him and it was covered in dried blood. His pants and boots and even his hair was caked in dried blood and Larry realised how close to death he had been.

He looked back towards Catie and motioned for her to follow him outside. Ogreon had asked him to protect Catie and in order to do that he needed to return to Hell.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1547 on: July 30, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »
Ewa found Rathien's demeanor and consistency oddly comforting.  If he really is broken, he doesn't even realize it.  There's no fear in him.  She leaned her arm up against the door frame and rested her head against it, letting out a slow breath.  I'm losing my distance from this situation.

She managed half a smile for Rathien's flirtation and her eyes were drawn again to the green vial in his hand.  "What is that?  It seems you're here to take things that don't belong to you."  Ewa realized that this was maybe not the most appropriate time for flirting, but it felt easy and natural.  And so much unlike something that would happen in a psychotic's private scape.

"Van?" she called out again.  What is keeping him?
Work is for the weak

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1548 on: July 31, 2011, 01:05:53 AM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin glances at the Imperial and tries to bide his thoughts...but the road could go both ways.  If he was careful...

<This place can be...exciting...I suppose that's a good word.>  Ossanlin pauses a moment before continuing.  <Well, if you're so interested in your history, perhaps you'd like to enlighten me upon the details of your Empire's conquest.  For example, I see the invasion of my homeworld and consequent subjugation, enslavement, and utter destruction of my entire species as inconceivable.  Nearly any Andalite would sooner die.>

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________

~Rathien~

Rathien looks up and smiles a bit before looking down at the vial in his hand, rotating it slowly.  "This is known as Vivalite amongst Beryllians.  This particular shipment appears to be illegally concentrated."  He looks up at Ewa again.  "I wasn't looking to take anything when I boarded this ship...I was...curious about what might be happening."  He smirks just a bit.  "If neither of you had noticed me I might've taken a few mostly-undamaged crates...when it comes to money I'm an opportunist, but now that you've found me...well I'll have to come up with something else to do."
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1549 on: July 31, 2011, 01:06:21 AM »
<<I had assumed "something intelligent" might include your name, by the way...>>
<<Shaddup.>>

"I'm so sorry, how rude of me..." Jasper began, standing up from his chair and holding out his hand as well. "I'm Jasper, and..." He somewhat stalls for a moment, similarly to a video-streaming buffering.

<<That's a Yeerk title. There's a Yeerk. Sitting right in front of us.>> Sapttus said, slightly nervous.
<<Chill, it's gonna be okay. Let me handle it okay? I'll just ->>
<<You don't get it... what if he's here to find us?>>
<<Look, we aren't that special, man. Just don't go chugging any oatmeal while this guy is here, and we'll be fine.>>

"... it's nice to meet you, ma'am." He says, with a delayed smile. They normally didn't have this much trouble blending in, but... they normally didn't have such interesting scenario's to confront, either.

Their eye twitched randomly; it was just one of the little tics that they'd gotten used to. They got worse the longer Sapttus went without his oaties, but it hadn't been nearly long enough to warrant any worry. Regardless... they had winked at the woman they'd just introduced himself to.

<<ACK! No! Bad timing!>> Jasper wailed. He responded by blinking again, repeatedly, as if something was irritating his eye. He then rubbed it with the ball of his bottom of his palm. Hopefully, Zorish didn't think anything of the incidental wink.... Sapttus simply chuckled at Jasper's minor panic.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:26:10 PM by Smokey the Bear »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1550 on: July 31, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
CATIE|

Catie's eyebrows shot up and a small smile came to life, "What? I just got here I'm not leaving! We have to find Van and Ewa!"

She looked around...

THETA-PI|

Theta put his hands on his head. He was having another melt-down,. There were two things he could do - go back to the Alvie. Or go back to Jaegis IV. Considering he really hadn't tried this individuality all the way through, he decided to visit the place where his life had been taken from him. The place where Pizali had been killed. His home.

But he had to go now. As claxter came closer, the pod lifted up effortlessly...then shot off into space. But a small display device appeared in front of claxter,. It gave him his destination; solar system, planet, and scoop. If claxter ever decided to see Theta, he would know where to go. And he could give those coordinates to Vetaq.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:43:55 AM by RAFrukh »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1551 on: July 31, 2011, 07:55:34 AM »
"Many did die. Oh so many died. It was the biggest, bloodiest series of battles in the entire war. Soldiers were massacred on both sides. It wasn't just fighting, though. You'll understand if I don't go into too muh detail, since apparently you live in some sort of past to mine. The Yeerks had some new things to use, some of which the andalites didn't even know until it was too late. Not all died valiantly, or committed suicide. Those that lived were infested and bred to make new hosts and keep the species alive."

"It was a new beginning. The Council celebrated at first, but afterwards found out they couldn't control the people through fear and propaganda anymore. Most Yeerks were afraid that if they didn't do everything the Council said, the Andalites would destroy like they tried to do to the Hork-Bajir and and others. After they fell, there was no enemy powerful enough to oppose the Empire. There was enough concern that they decided to hunker down and fortify for a while, and with some Vissers relutant to start another war, and the pro-voluntary host movement getting in ful swing, the Empire started changing from expansionistic behaviour to a more peaceful way of life."

"Some civil war has happened. The rebels who opposed the Empire and continue to push the pro-voluntary movement reamain controversial. It's not perfect, but things are going faster now that people are being born and raised in an environment where they aren't already at war."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1552 on: July 31, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »
"Jasper," Zorish repeats, noting the fact that his presence clearly makes this man nervous. Perhaps that means he will speak more freely, Zorish muses.

Catching the slight wink Zorish's eyebrows shoot up, and he laughs lightly, tossing Tamora's hair over his shoulder. "I assure you that while my host body may be fairly attractive by human standards," he says, gripping his drink with two hands, "she is not currently, ah, available, as it were." His smirk holds a clear double meaning as he sips his drink.

<<Be nice, Zorish,>> Tamora cautions.

<<You think he is attractive,>> Zorish accuses. Tamora says nothing in response, her embarrassment easy to read. <<Dear Tamora,>> Zorish goes on with a mental laugh that is not entirely kind. <<your human instincts never cease to fascinate me.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1553 on: July 31, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
Al laughed- he was starting to get a feel, he thought, for Jasper and Sapptus's internal struggle, and when was speaking instead of the other. It wasn't the kind of thing most people would notice, but then, Al'd gotten very good at observing people over the years. Their slight awkwardness that seemed to come, at least in part, from their shared control, was very endearing in a way.

When Jasper asked about the ice cream, Al held up the now-empty pint-sized container and stared at the words printed on it. After a few moments, he was able to piece together what they said- he wasn't used to reading English. "Phish Food, apparently. Not bad stuff. This was the first time I've had it." He grinned and looked between the two Yeerks, "Apparently this is a great place for sampling cuisine."

"So," he turned to Zorish and chirped brightly, "what brings you to our little neck of the woods, Zorish Three-Five-Eight?"

Salem laughed slightly at Efaen's obvious disgust for his title. It was a reaction he was used to. He actually felt a slight pang of loss- she reminded him so much of home.

Not home, he reminded himself. They're Andalites. It was never 'home.'

He nodded in response to Efaen's confidence in the Andalites' ability to win the war. "I hope you're right, Warrior, I really do. I've been out on the battlefields, though. I've seen what's happening. I think the situation might be more desperate than our... your leaders let on." He smiled at her sadly, "The Yeerks are conniving, resourceful and adaptive. It's going to take more than simply patriotic confidence and bravery to defeat an enemy like that."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1554 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »
Catie was reluctant about leaving until they found Van and Ewa. While he understood the need to relay Ogreon's message, he felt vulnerable without his armor and weaponry. Larry walked over to Catie and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Catie, Ogreon asked me to keep you safe, but I cannot do that without my armor and weaponry. It will not take us long I promise and then we will return to search for Van and Ewa."

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1555 on: July 31, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
"Rebellion," Serid echoes Jocun with interest, speaking up for the first time in several moments. He shifts stiffly on his chair and scoots it closer to the table. "I understand your reluctance to reveal too much to us," he says to Jocun, "but I am interested in hearing about such a movement. If you would indulge me."

Illim winces at the thought-speak cries of the Malleon, and he withdraws inside the ship so Salem and Efaen cannot see him clap his hands over his ears in vain. In response to their pained departure and his own irritation, he lets out several disgusted curses.

<<You think something went wrong?>> Illim mutters to Derrel once the screaming stops. <<Maybe...>> he says, moving back to the hatch and returning to his post at the top of the ramp where he can watch the the unlikely pair converse. <<But he looks... undisturbed by the whole thing.>>

At Salem's sardonic smile, Illim spits. <<See? Either he's heartless or he's a manipulative little bastard. Either way, I don't like him.>> To Salem he says, expression deadpan, "Sure. Happy to be your messenger boy."

With that, he turns around and walks fully into the Skimmer and approaches Terenia and Mike. "You know... if he really cares about these Malleon so much..." He hitches a shoulder. "Seems we're in a good bartering position if we need anything. Or if we don't trust him. Which is something I really endorse, by the way."
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1556 on: July 31, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
" Wait! No! I wasn't.. .I didn't... I just had something in my eye! I swear, I wasn't flirting or anything, I wouldn't do that to you... I just met - not that I'm saying you're unattractive or anything, but I, I'm not... not interested..." Jasper said in a slight panic of embarrassment.

<<Oh sweet biscuits...>> He said, his ears turning red. <<Please help me....>> Sapttus took the reigns from there. In a much calmer, controlled manner, he spoke:

"I can't say I came here to pick up a date, miss. And in all honesty, it simply was -" He feigned a look of sudden realization, as if he'd just processed what she'd said. " - I'm sorry, your host? By chance, are you one of these Yeerks that I've heard about? I have yet to meet one here on my trip, or so I believe to be the case. I'd imagine with your kind, one might not always be aware of whether or not they were face to face with a Yeerk."

Jasper, still groaning over his little blunder there, was only partially paying attention now. Although, he did catch one part of conversation for sure:
<<Phish food? oh... gross...>>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1557 on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »
Jocun half expected the Andalites to disbelieve a Yeerk would care about a host being voluntary beyond being more convenient for the Yeerk. "Well, the two most notable ones were the Peace Movement started on Earth by a pacifistic Yeerk group, and a secretive group that worked against the Empire. The one on Earth wasn't very proactive, and most didn't even have hosts. The second was led by someone called Reven at one point. They were secretive to the point of paranoia, but thta is what kept them going. not to say they never suffered losses, but they had their wins too."

I believe both are still around, and their methods haven't changed much. There are those who refuse involuntary hosts, and their pacifism keeps much of the persecution away. Those that disagree with them usually don't do much more than mock or ridicule them. The pro-voluntary movement is a more proactive group that gets out there and into people's faces, so reactions against them can be equally dramatic. Especially in areas where Vissers still treat hosts as property."

"Personally I find it best for PR to not take a definite side. I don't throw in with either group, and that has its own benefits and drawbacks. Of course there are the extremists, but extremism in general is detremental to any society.

<<I don't think I trust the guy too much either. Even if he does offer free drinks.>> Derrel said.

Claxter saw what Theta sent, after the surprise of seeing the pod shoot across the sky on his scanner. Of course he couldn't just take off after the guy, though he should tall his Prince. He left the ship and made his way back to the bar.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:13:22 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1558 on: July 31, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
CATIE|

Catie stared at him funny, "Psh...I got you covered!"

Catie pulled out a standard, elegant phase'r and showed it to him in both hands. She pressed a button and a small holographic terminal appeared over the phaser. It had two vertical bars in it. She set the first one to 2 and the second one to 3.

"This could take out an elephant - it's on stun. If you fire it at a human they'll be out a good...half hour or so."

She pointed to the trigger as if to make the point stronger. The trigger was a button on the top in clear reach of the thumb.

"And my shirt has small portions of scutite in it, which will cause some physical weapons to bounce off. I'm good - go get your armor if you'd like."

She smiled mischievously, "I won't get into any trouble."

VOGEFAC|

The outside of the Bar, right in front of the door was still. Completely still.

Then...the air fluctuated. For a second...

Then...POP!

A tall, yellow, reptilian creature with horns, long, long claws, and back spines suddenly came into existence. He was unconscious, but groaned a little. Then he was still again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:10:52 PM by RAFrukh »

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1559 on: July 31, 2011, 08:00:11 PM »
Catie pulled out a strange object and from the way she talked about it the object was a weapon. She also said that her shirt had something called 'scutite' in it which from what she described was armor. When she said that she wouldn't get into trouble Larry actually smiled a little. "I will believe that when I see proof of your safety after I return."

Larry went to walk out the door, not even glancing down at his dried blood on the floor, however something abruptly appeared the moment he opened the door. Larry looked down at it and immediately recognized the creature. A poisonous river beast flashed through his mind. Larry jumped back inside and looked around for a weapon, but finding none he grabbed the nearest chair and threw it at the beast.

Unfortunately he forgot the fact that he was a terrible throw.