Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212180 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1530 on: July 29, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »
~Ossanlin~

<I believe I have made my desires rather clear to you, Zorish.  Since you have no intention of following them, I have no choice but to watch you extensively.>  Ossanlin takes another drink of the mint water, ignoring the slight about his "stories" insinuating that what he was saying was anything other than fact.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _____________

~Rathien~

Rathien continues to listen as the conversation between Van an Ewa becomes more and more risque, then closes his eyes in a bit of pain at the horrible pun the Beryllian had made.  As he continues to peer through the vial of Vivalite in his hand, another thought works its way through his head.  The Beryllian really did not like him...it could be fun to take something another didn't want to give, and it was always fun when they fought.  But Rathien is on Van's terms at the moment, so to speak.  Aboard the Beryllian's vessel where he had the advantage.  It was possible if Rathien showed himself too soon, that it might end up with him outside the vessel empty-handed while Van had all the fun.

If they did indeed go to the Captain's Quarters as Van had put it, and still didn't notice his presence...instead of interrupting them Rathien considers making off with what undamaged Vivalite he can.  As the vial in his hand showed, there was still some viable product.  If Rathien could take whatever was left, it would probably net him enough to not worry about money for quite some time.  Of course money was never his object, but it was necessary to continue the Hunt.  Opportunities needed to be capitalized upon when presented.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1531 on: July 29, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »
"Very well, then," Zorish says with a shrug. "I hope I do not bore you too much with my activities here." He offers Ossanlin a wide, slightly mocking grin. "War-Prince Ossanlin, it has been a pleasure, but I believe I am going to take this opportunity to speak with some other occupants of this fine establishment." Pushing his chair back he shoots a slightly warmer smile in Jocun's direction. He is, at least, my own kind. Even if he is a bit odd.

Standing, Zorish scans the bar for a more amiable companion. Many of the bar patrons seem to have filtered out while he was engaged with the Andalite. One of the tables that he had noted for its sheer number of occupants seems to have whittled itself down to just two, neither of which appear to be nearly as rigid or suspicious as the War-Prince and his quiet, stiff companion.

Face settling into an expression of cheerfulness, he approaches these two, brushing his long, blonde hair over a shoulder and planting a hand on the curve of Tamora's waistline, which is only faintly notable through her Imperial issued uniform.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he says, making Tamora's voice as non-threatening as possible. "I seem to have vexed my previous table mates and was wondering if I could join you."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1532 on: July 29, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
Al barked out a laugh, but stopped when he realized Sapptus was serious. "Secret Yeerk Pool entrances? What, you mean they hide the pool itself? That's insanity."

He nodded at Jasper's explanation of their plans- or lack thereof. "The Yeerks have Earth pretty well covered, from the sound of things," he said. "Could you even go back there? Cause if not, it's rough being alone and one-of-a-kind in the universe. Well, two," he said with a smirk and a pointed look at Jasper's forehead. "Where to go from here's kinda the trick for you guys, right? You probably shouldn't think about leaving until you've got a plan. Not leaving long-term, anyway." He looked around the bar with melodramatic suspicion. "I'd definitely condone the occasional breather."

With a shrug, he took the nearly-empty ice cream container from Jasper, dug in his spoon, pulled out the last bite, tossed the spoon into the air, twirling, caught it behind his back, flicked the spoon so that the ice cream flew upwards, tilted his head back, and caught it in his mouth. He grinned at Jasper, "You know you're sharing with a robot, right? Sense of taste doesn't tend to be our strong point."

When Zorish approached, Al turned and smiled, "No interruption, we're just kind of talking. You're welcome to join us, of course. Sadly, I just finished off our ice cream... If you want some I can make Mr. Cheerful over there," he nodded towards the bartender, "give us some more. My name's Al," he said, sticking out his hand.

The remaining Malleon made their way up the wire and into the 'jar.' Only a small portion of them were left behind, and those elected to go into a dormant state, so as to use less of the Skimmer's energy. They would awaken later if they felt the need for whatever reason- as long as they remained connected to the collective of Malleon aboard Salem's ship, their awakening would be determined by the collective at large, at which point they could begin creating an entirely new colony aboard the Skimmer.

Now that the majority of them had withdrawn, the collective aboard Salem's ship sent a communication to Salem's communicator. The container itself was nearly full of what looked like a green-gray slime.

Salem grinned at Efaen, "That's just some friends of mine. Nothing to worry about. That was really just for Corliss." He nodded at her, "I'm technically a Prince. It's an honorary position, of course, so nobody ever really takes it seriously, myself included. But what it does do is give me a little more sway with the Electorate, especially with as closely as I often have to work with them. Had to work with them," he amended with a slight frown. "I did manage to get another couple of female arisths recruited, so at least I feel like I'm accomplishing something. With the way this war's going, though, it's probably all too little, too late."

His communicator trilled. He pulled it from his pocket and, switching to the Atazin galactic language, said "Thanks, guys." He then turned and called up the ramp with a smirk, "Hey, Illim, tell Corliss that he can bring my friends back to me now. Gently."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:13:17 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1533 on: July 29, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
Jocun watched Zorish leave, and scooted closer to Ossanlin. "So you said you came here by ship. Are you stationed here officially, or just taking a break from your other duties?" He noticed the Andalite hadn't taken his invite to talk about himself or his people, but Jocun was genuinely curious about him.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1534 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »
Ossanlin glances at the odd Imperial with a bit of trepidation.  He was obviously either from a future timeline, or a vastly different 'verse altogether.  His tail shivers a bit at the thought of the Homeworld under the control of the Empire.  <Stationed here?  Not by the Electorate if that's what you mean.  I try to come here to relax, it's a poor choice for that purpose.  Though my purpose here may be a little further beyond my control than it would seem.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1535 on: July 29, 2011, 07:33:51 PM »
"So this is an exciting place from time to time, eh? I suppose it would be, given what may come through here. Obviously you don't care much for my kind. I had heard that the old Council was very aggressive and expansionistic. The new Council I'm used to isn't so war hungry. They're more worried about making sure everything they have is secure in case the Kelbrid or Atheons decide to expand. However, I have always been interested in histories of the notable species."

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1536 on: July 29, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
<<I don't... get it... I don't think he knows much about Yeerks, at least not in the way that we know them....>> Jasper said.
<<One would think that the secrecy of the Yeerk Pool locations on Earth would be of an understood value, even to a non-native such as himself.>>
<<Wow... that was maybe one of the weirdest sentences you've ever said, Professor Quaker.>>
<<Quaker? I'm not sure I - oh.>> Sapttus said, looking to see what Jasper meant. His host laughed hysterically, and he chuckled visibly just a little. <<If I could, I would smack you right now.>> This only served to make Jasper laugh a bit more. "Pardon me," Sapttus said to Al. "I'm not laughing at you; Jasper is simply being a moron at the moment."
<<Hey!>>

It was somewhat depressing to be told that taste didn't mean as much to him, since it *was* such good ice cream, but it was more of a matter of principle, really. He just.. didn't like having the last of something.

"Oh no, no," Jasper said to the newcomer. "We were just... uh..."
<<What do I say? What do I say?!>>
<<Shut up and chill, dude. Say something intelligent.>>
<<Gee, thanks for the help...>>

"...just talking about ice cream. They've got some pretty good stuff here. What uh, what was that kind called, Al? The stuff we just had?"

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1537 on: July 29, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
"You still don't feel it."  One of us is broken.  At least one of us.  What if I'm like that poor man bleeding on the floor, reduced to physical screaming?  Would I even be able to tell?  What did they do to us?

With Van's arm on her own they were practically embracing--close enough that the small space between them became a living thing, taking the gentle rise and fall of their chests and locking them together in mutual awareness.  "The same worries and fears, but you can't feel me.  But you could feel the wounded man.  I couldn't."  And you felt.... the piano?  Ewa frowned in confusion.  That's not right, an inanimate object.  She twined her fingers through his hair as she thought.

Could someone introduce that sort of anomaly?  Why?  And she still hadn't responded to his invitation to "explore his quarters".  Even if she didn't understand what was going on, they were both clearly in a very bad situation.  Maybe the best thing to do would be to take what advantages and pleasures she could.  If someone had kidnapped her, damaged her, and put her in this scape against her will, it would only be a matter of time before she was also bleeding to death on the ground. Physically screaming.

"Give me a moment."  With a momentary leaning, Ewa closed the space between them and brushed her lips against Van's, then moved back and stood, her fingers trailing out of his hair.  It's so much harder to know what to do with no character for referenceWhat would I do in this situation?

She began pacing around the room, hoping for something decisive to occur to her.  What would I do if I were trapped in an imaginary world governed by a psychotic murderer and happened to also have the opportunity to spend the afternoon in the bedroom of a very pretty man?  Jeeze, why am I being such an idiot about this?  Does this really need thinking about?  As she passed the doors to the extra rooms, Ewa opened her mouth to say something of the sort to Van, but paused in confusion.  Was that...?  She took a step back and looked into the room.  Rathien?  Van wouldn't have invited him on board.

She just stared at him for the moment, at a complete loss for words.

Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1538 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »
Van paused. Though her discomfort had grown obvious, it had nothing to do with him! Yet, he didn't feel like celebrating at all, mentally or physically. She was clearly uncomfortable, and deeply so. The Pirate couldn't imagine that there was anything at all wrong with the girl, but she seemed to think otherwise.

"But you can't feel me?" So, she must have something similar to eyomi? How strange that she can't feel it, perhaps it is limited in some way? Limited to her race alone? But that would mean nobody else of her kind was here. Like me. Alone. Except, at least I don't feel so...

"Wait," Van began, but she instead requested a moment's pause, and lightly kissed him before leaving his side to stretch. Van shook his head, the passion fading quickly. Perhaps, the problem has nothing to do with whether I "deserve" her or not. Ewa... You're all alone. And you don't have any look-a-likes or Rathiens to deal with. I have some grounding, but you're... you're cut off. Creepy. If I didn't have the eyomi...

Van shuddered harshly at the thought. It frightened him. It would be just like being Human, purely Human. And while that was no problem, the thought was still highly disturbing. If she normally feels these things, and was expecting to feel something in return... This isn't good. Van straightened up, and tried to reach her, but she already left for the hall.

To nobody in particular, he called out, "... Ewa-ku?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:31:18 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1539 on: July 29, 2011, 10:37:03 PM »
~Rathien~

Rathien continues turning the vial over in his hands even as he sees a scantily-clad Ewa walk by.  A smile begins to creep across his face as she walks back in front of the door, only a few feet away from him.  She has an over-powering scent...a scent he remembers all too well.  A strange feeling of nostalgia and...was it regret...?...washes over Rathien.  Poor poor Viran.  Though he had been deserving of his fate, it had been one of the toughest kills in Rathien's life.  Certainly it couldn't be regret though...

He looks up from the vial in his hand and stares into Ewa's large, inviting eyes.  Despite being clothed in nothing more than a robe, it is her eyes that draw his attention.  The 'windows to the soul' they said.  Ewa was giving off other scents of course...fear was one of them, and confusion.  He was used to smelling fear from those he ran across, but hers smelled as if it had been there before she'd seen him.  How odd.  He smiles and runs a tongue over his fang again, using his free hand to sweep back a few strands of hair that had fallen in front of his face when he'd bent over to pick up the vial.  He remains silent, simply grinning at the woman.

RAF Silverblade

Offline AmberKatira

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1540 on: July 29, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
Ewa heard Van calling her from the other room, while Rathien grinned at her silently.  He held a vial of green liquid, some of which had spilled on the floor, it seemed.  Maybe I'm just mad.  That wouldn't be such a terrible thing.

"Van?" she called out questioningly, unsure what exactly to say.  A very dangerous and entrancing man is trying to steal your cargo?  Sabotage your ship?  I think I might be seeing things?  So many things wrong with all of us...

"Are you broken too, then?" she asked Rathien, half expecting him to either disappear or kill her.
Work is for the weak

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1541 on: July 29, 2011, 11:59:22 PM »
~Rathien~

Rathien examines the vial once again as an excuse to break that enchanting eye-contact and to give him a moment to think.  Had he mentioned what his people thought of him?  He didn't think he had...how much did she know?  He'd never seen her before today, he was certain.

He looks back up.  "Broken...what an interesting choice of words...I suppose my people would say I am, yes.  I don't feel that there is anything wrong with me, in fact I think they are the ones that are broken."  He pauses, his smile toning down.  "Forgive me for intruding, I'm afraid my curiosity got the better of me."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:10:11 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline AmberKatira

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1542 on: July 30, 2011, 12:21:30 AM »
"Different like I used to be?"  Something about Ewa's question had resonated with Rathien.  "Was it you?  Did you change us and bring us here?"  Even as she asked she felt the answer was no.  Whoever did this would have killed me or taunted me... maybe if I last long enough I'll end up like Rathien one day--merciless and sensually decadent.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:43:05 AM by Fluttershy (AmberKatira) »
Work is for the weak

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1543 on: July 30, 2011, 06:06:23 AM »
~Rathien~

"Different like you?"  Rathien raises a questioning eyebrow.  "Unless your species consider you a genetic throwback then we are different from our peoples in differing ways."  He looks down, smiling ruefully.  "Trust me, if I could magically bring a beautiful creature like you somewhere on a whim, it wouldn't be here."  Rathien gestures expansively around the room of the ship, but intends to indicate the entire bar planetoid, the vial catching the light in different ways as it moves with his gesticulation.  "And I certainly wouldn't deliver you into the arms of a lascivious pirate, though I might bring him along for a ride."  He smirks a bit at his not-so-veiled pun.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:12:27 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1544 on: July 30, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »
"Zorish Three-Five-Eight," Zorish says, accepting the handshake with a gracious nod. "And that's perfectly fine, ice cream and scotch tend not to mix well, and I do believe I would like to have myself another beverage." He waves the bartender over, shaking his empty glass so that the ice rattles. A few seconds later a fresh scotch and water is placed in front of him and the bartender gives him a baleful look.

"Just start a tab," he says with a small smile. "I'll pay upon my departure, no worries." The bartender does not look worried in the least; his expression doesn't flicker in the slightest as he moves back to the bar. Zorish shakes his head. "Cheerful fellow, that one," he comments, turning back to Al and his as of yet unnamed companion.

"I'm sorry, I didn't seem to catch your name," Zorish says, eying Jasper/Sapptus with interest and taking a small sip of his drink.

<<A human Prince?>> Efaen seems disgusted by the idea, an expression she does not try to hide. Deciding not to dwell on the topic, though, she turns to his later words. <<This war will be won by the mighty Andalite force,>> she regurgitates proudly. <<We will strike the deciding blow against the Yeerks and purge their evil from this galaxy.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013