Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 200506 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1965 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:23 AM »
Present day:

A medium-sized ship appears above the small planetoid. It's silhouette resembles that of a shark without its dorsal fin. It's smooth siding is tinted dark as the space around it. The only way to truly see it is to see the lack of stars behind it. The ship settles into a low orbit above the planetoid.

"Sir, we've established orbit over a small planetoid."

The captain sits reclining askew in the rigid commander's seat."Yeah, yeah. Scan for life, blah blah blah and all that."

"Yes sir." Do you have to sound so depressed about it? "Sir, scans show only one establishment, full of life signs, surrounded by active and destroyed ships. Sir... I think we've found it, sir."

The captain sits up and on the edge of his seat. He yells, "Display scan results onscreen!"

"Yes sir." The pilot manipulates his console and the image of the planetoid shows on the screen. It shows a lone building, surrounded by forestry. A lake is adjacent to the bar, inside a clearing amongst the trees. Behind the building is a ship graveyard where a great battle had played out. In front, the parking lot pock-marked with ships, both in use and defunct.

The captain stands and walks to the display. He puts his green-gauntleted hand on the image of the bar and a tear falls from his eye.

"Silver."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1966 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:44 AM »
<Silver. Are you ok?> Claxter said. <You are among friends.> He felt he needed to say that last part in case she was surprised to see unfamiliar faces. <Thank you both for your assistance.>

"I didn't have much of a life on Earth anyway." Derrel said. "I'll do my best to pull my own weight. Which should improve over time." He said jokingly. He was pretty skinny now, so he didn't currently weigh much. "I'm not leaving behind anything worth missing, sir."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1967 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:44 AM »
The cloaked figure ordered a drink and sat a table. Nearby, Gaz and Morgan were having their conversation. Something in the talk caught the stranger's attention and he stood up and approached the two.

"Did I hear this fair lady call you Morgan?"

Gaz made a face. "Fair lady?!"

Morgan turned slowly, lately anyone who had come looking for him was also looking for trouble.

"yeah, that's my name. What's it to ye?"

"You wouldn't happen to be Odysseus 'the poet' Morgan, would you?"

That made Morgan stand up in surprise. "There's only one person who called me that! Julian, is that really you?"

"The one and only!" Julian announced as he removed the cloak.

Julian was a little over six feet in height wearing trousers and a sleeveless shirt. That was not the unusual bit. His legs curved at the bottom and ended in solid hooves instead of feet. His torso was human looking enough and in good shape. His head, however, was the head of a horse. He was a chestnut color all over and his mane was cut close like a crew cut.

At the sight of Julian, Gaz nearly choked on her drink. And her she thought knowing Morgan would have her prepared for everything.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1968 on: September 07, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »
Vogefac nodded to Claxter, assuming the gratitude was directed toward him. He leaned over to see if Artemis would answer Claxter.

Catie made an awkward, disgusted face at the thought of barging in on Van's...barging in on Van.

"Um...let's not. I'm not in the mood to barge in on such...activities.", she laughed nervously.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #1969 on: September 07, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
Silver looked around and seeing everyone aroundher she freaked  a little a slight wind picking up around get as a protective measure until she heard Vogefacand Claxter and she calmed and the wrong died away.

Jade watched curiously interested in how she worked her magick and not having to use runes or spells.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #1970 on: September 07, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
The captain snapped out of his trance and quickly turned to exit the bridge.

"Sir, what are your orders?"

"Stay here. If I need you, I'll call."

"Yes sir."

As the captain passes his chair, he grabs his helmet and replaces it upon his head. The Metallic flames emanating from its crown shine and the amber visor flashes with new vigor at the prospect of being reunited with his love. He approaches the ladder to descend to the shuttle,  grabs the sides of the ladder and slides down. He enters the shuttle and powers up its engines. The shuttle exits from under the head of the shark-shaped ship, and makes its way towards the planetoid.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1971 on: September 07, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »
Sami smiled softly, nodding her thanksto Noah as the woman let her take the lead. She led her far back enough into the forest to where the trees began to thicken so that Noah would have privacy, and even turned her gaze from the woman. She did voice a fear, though. "Noah, I do not mean to be rude or doubt your abilities to control yourself, but may I watch you shift before I do? I would like to know your size and power, that way I may be able to change into something that will stand up to you. I mean it in no offensive way to you, I just... I can control myself in forms, but you... I can tell that you take on the beast when you shift, and that it has control. So I ould like to be able to arm myself." She blushed deeply, thankful that she was facing away from Noah. She let her voice show concern, butnot any weakness, along with curiosity.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1972 on: September 07, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
Salem briefly opened his eyes at Mar's cursing, then closed them again. He didn't really understand why Mar's time with this ability was short- something to do with the being's connection to his greater mass, but the details were fuzzy. He was, however, starting to sense his urgency.

"If you need me to stop, I'll stop, Highest, but I'm so close... I can feel it..." he continued searching in the dark for the light- his 'soul' that he was supposed to be lifting into there air. "There!" he exclaimed quietly. He could get a look at it. It wasn't like looking down at one's own body. It was more a sense of feeling its presence than of sight, but either one would be apt. The trick seemed to be that its location was actually within himself. It had to be something he was open and willing to sense, as with the tendrils- but this one felt different. Warmer, perhaps?

Heh. Soul searching.

"Emotion-based... it's a little like being plugged into my ship," he said, not really expecting a response. "Only the ship is logical, and it tries to order things- this is more like art. I wonder how Al would do at this..." He cut himself off- maybe speaking aloud was helping him concentrate, but he suddenly felt silly doing so in front of Mar.

He took the tendril he'd been holding- he was beginning to get to the point where he didn't even need to think about it to keep it under control. It was still strange, unwieldy, but if he took his time with this...

He carefully took it and slid it alongside the light he'd seen. He tried twice to bend it before deciding he was thinking too hard. He let out a deep breath, relaxed, and tried to simply let it curl itself around the light. It did, to some degree. Nowhere near as precise as what Mar had done, but at least it was doing something. At the same time, he felt what seemed like a blast of arctic air straight through his heart. His breath caught in his throat for a moment, but as with the pain in his back and his skull, he tried to push the feeling down and simply be in the moment.

He attempted to move the shape. "Ah!" he yelped. He opened his eyes and found himself skidding a few inches sideways along the floor of the ship, and stumbling to keep his balance. He laughed and shook his head, "Not sure what I was expecting." Closing his eyes again, he tightened the grip of the tendril slightly- the feeling of an icy blast within him seemed to increase slightly- and took another breath. Gently, he thought. Don't need another head injury today. He raised the tendril slightly.

Even though he'd been ready for it, it was still a shock to feel his feet actually leave the floor of the ship. He opened his eyes and found himself floating about six inches off the ground, drifting lazily towards one of the shelves. He tried to feel where the tendril was without closing his eyes... it was there, but sight was still too big of a distraction. He closed his eyes again and tried to move the 'light' up and sideways. He could tell he was moving. He could tell how far he'd moved when his head hit the ceiling of the ship with a loud thud! He began attempting to correct, in spite of the new ringing in his ears...

And suddenly, his feet caught on the very shelf he'd been watching out for. He was now well above it in altitude, but it managed to grab his boot and flip him sideways. In his surprise, he opened his eyes and lost track of the tendril- he could feel it snap back to its own business, and away from the 'light.' And now he was falling... all six feet to the ship's floor, his feet dragging several of his alien collectibles with him. He fell face-first, but managed to mostly catch himself on his hands- though he could feel his wrist twist as he landed with an unintentionally comical "Oof!", pain shooting through his arm. Junk from his shelf continued to crash down around him for the next few seconds.

He sat back up, holding his wrist and gritting his teeth. Within a few seconds, though, his grimace had changed to a grin. That was flying! Or... almost. Sort of.

He turned his grin to Mar, "So flying's a dangerous sport."

Al watched Jade's 'ceremony' with interest. He'd always found magic fascinating, though he'd never been terribly good at the real stuff himself. Silver started a mini-windstorm for a few moments... that was awesome. Good thing she'd decided to stop, though, or things might have gotten messy in here.

He leaned back against a console. He smiled at Silver, "Hey. Long time no see. How you feelin'?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:15:41 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1973 on: September 08, 2011, 01:38:07 AM »
She followed Sami, eyes constantly wandering about looking at the beautiful forest. Where she lived, the forest wasn't as lush with green. Not as thick with trees. When they got far enough in, she found a patch of bushes and walked over toward them jumping over tree roots with grace. She stood behind them and looked in her direction when she began to speak. She smiled meekly and nodded, but realized she couldn't see so Noah spoke.

"I understand, really I do. I have some control but until I feed, it will be a little wild." She undressed herself quickly not worrying how much she was hidden from Sami and hid her clothes in the bush. Then covered them with leaves to hide her scent from roaming creatures. Noah walked out from behind the bushes without feeling embarrassed and closed the distance from other girl, but stayed about 8 feet away. As a wereleopard, she didn't fuss over nudity, she preferred it, but kept clothes on and respected their wishes for it. Though, when she slept over with others from her pard, they slept naked in a pile of kittens for the sense of safety and comfort.

"Alright, I'm ready" She sounded completely relaxed, even relieved. Her auburn hair was long enough that it covered her breasts but stopped short of her belly button. Though, everything else was free to see. Noah took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she tasted the forest air. She opened her eyes blindly, her leopard stalking behind them peering out to the world. The leopard saw its chance and came out of that creeping walk to run full speed down the path with her coming ever closer to the surface. Noah saw out of her eyes one last time and smiled happily before her beast lept through the water-like surface within her to show itself to the world.

Noah screamed to let go of the pain from the bone breaking, muscle taring experience as her body re knit itself into a leopard. Her spine-tingling scream turned into a roar of sorts as her body fell to the ground. Power burst from her body like fire to the skin, yet it felt like something that you could wrap yourself in and feel safe. Her hands grew claws, her jaw lengthened, fangs formed with the mouth, a tail sprouted, cat ears sprang from her scalp. Then her skin tore to reveal her red orange fur like fire. She had two black likes on her face, one on each cheek bone running from her ears  to her nose. The rest of her 6 foot long body was spotted black in random patterns. She went up to Sami's waist while on all fours. There was a puddle beneath her paws of a clear goop that came off her body when she shifted that surrounded her about 6 feet out. Though, mysteriously, her fur was always dry after she changed.

Noah growled quietly and walked over to Sami with slow steps that took an obvious amount of effort to put one paw in front of the other, though it was strangely graceful. She collapsed at her feet panting, and lay her large head on her paws. Shifting was always painful, but it was worse if you resisted it. She watched Sami out of her calm leopard green eyes, having them finally fit the form she was in. Noah watched Sami as she caught her breath. She could still talk, but it always had a growl to it and sounded strange to the ear to hear, but at the moment she was just too out of breath to waste air on talking.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:19:08 AM by Twilight_Pixie »

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1974 on: September 08, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
Illim waits for Derrel to finish before sliding back into control.

"Illim here again," the Yeerk says, causing Derrel's voice to migrate into a more casual tone. "I understand, too. Quarantine and mistrust and memory dumps. Whatever it takes for you guys. If Myitt's caution is anything to go by, it'll probably be all three."

He smirks and shakes his head briefly. "Trust me, I'm just glad to be moving in the right direction. To actually have a chance to do something."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1975 on: September 08, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »
Sami nodded thankfully and turned to see Noah standing there naked like she herself was. Her face felt hot as a blush lit up her cheeks, but Noah wasn't paying any attention. Sami could feel the beast within her as it began its journey to freedom, jerking backwards at her sudden screaming. She almost fel over a tree root as she stood there, rooted with fear. She had never seen or heard a transformation like this. It was so jerky and sudden, ass opposed to the gracefulness with which she could shift. Her eyes and mouth were wide with horror as she tried to cover her ears from the sound of breaking bones.

Noah finally stood there in full cat form, a large puddle of silvery goo at her feet. She began walking towards Sami, whom was still rooted with fear. She tried not to pass out from it as Noah got right up next to her, trying also not to breathe a sigh of relief when Noah collapsed beside her. She looked down at the woman, now large cat, trying to smile and regain control of her own body. She pet Noah's head lightly before stumbling away to make her own transformation.

She got a vision in her head of something about the same size as Noah, but a bit more powerfully built, letting her fears wash over her to help with the creative process. She took bits and pieces of animals from her home world and knit them together before focusing on the big picture in her mind. Slowly, she began the transformation.

The bones in her legs began to reverse, while her arms lengthened a bit and did the same, falling to all fours gracefully. Popping and regrinding of the bones could be heard, but it was faint, nothing like Noah's experience. Her body was completely reformed to that of a large predator before anything else began. Slowly, she sprouted blazingly white fur all across her body, her face elongating into a powerful muzzle, teeth popping in her skull to elongate into feline teeth in a canine mouth. A tail ruptured from her rear end, long and cat like, but bushy like a canine. Her eyes turned a mixture of yellow and green, her large paws sprouting needle like claws.

In her new form, Sami looked like a cross between a large wolf, and a large cat of some sort. She turned to face Noah, sniffing at her warily to make sure everything was fine, before gently padding over to her with feline grace and silence, and the power of the wolf.

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1976 on: September 08, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
Noah opened her mouth to let the smell of her fear on the air flow down her throat like fine wine. She nuzzled against Sami's hand, a little aggressively, it was the best she could do to stop from taking a bite out of her. She let her walk away with some strain, desperately wanting to pounce and rip away the flesh to reveal the sweeter fluid. She lay her head back on her paws and  watched as she seamlessly transformed, in the back of her mind thinking. Why can't mine be so painless?

She cringed her nose to the new scent on the air. It smelled of wolf, but it wasn't as bad as the pure thing. She could endure it, as long as she didn't get in her way. The leopard had a one track mind and two goals. Stay alive, but feed. Noah stood up having finally caught her breath during the show. She stood as tall as she could go on all fours, like sizing up to her component though being passive about it. She walked in a slow stalking circle around the creature eyeing it from all angles then stood before it and simply nodded her large head.

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #1977 on: September 08, 2011, 12:07:04 PM »
Silver looked around assessing where she was then looked to Al. "I've been better obviously." She said and managed to smile. She sat up slowly and mentally checked herself. It was then she realized she had not eaten or drank anything in a long time and her stomach confirmed that with a loud growl.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1978 on: September 08, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
<Are you hungry, Silver? I can order some meat and drink and bring it back. You may want to remain in my ship until you are confident in your recovery.> Claxter said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1979 on: September 08, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »
Sami held her ground, but not in an aggressive way. She knew what cats were like, and how territorial they could be. So she showed that she could handle herself, standing up to her full height, maybe an inch taller than Noah, her long busy tail flicking back and forth warily. Her ears were perked up, though, large like a wolf's, but pointed and wider like a cat's. her yellow-green eyes watched Noah, but she did not dare stare directly into her eyes. She saw Noah give her the nod of her head before turning around and padding off into the forest, her white coat standing out like a large patch of moving snow. She wanted to be easily seen by Noah, that way she could not surprise her. She didn't want any accidents while hunting.