Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 201856 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1980 on: September 08, 2011, 01:29:07 PM »
"Julian, you scoundrel! Sit down and have something to drink."

Julian grinned. "Can't say no to an offer like that."

Gaz was impressed on the effect Julian's appearance was having on Morgan. Having his old friend around seemed to be doing the Captain some good. Though in all the stories about Julian, his personal appearance had never come up. Had he been a CG victim as well? Though Morgan hadn't said anything about it. Maybe it was a sensitive subject.

"I had heard about what happened," Julian said. "I'm glad to see you got away from that."

"I found my daughter, Julian," Morgan said.

Julian's eyes widened. "My goddaughter? Get out of town! She's alive?"

Morgan nodded. "Found her here as a matter of fact. Actually it would be more appropriate to say she found me. I haven't seen her since I arrived back here."

"She'll turn up," Julian reassured. "She better turn up. I want to catch up with my godchild!"

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1981 on: September 08, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »
Silver placed her hands onto her stomach with an apologetic look. "Sorry. Yeah I'm hungry." She said then turned to Claxter and listened to his proposal. She took one look around and but her lower lip. "No offense, my friend, but I think I've spent enough time on ships and medical bays....if you wish you cold assist me to the bar....but if I stay here I may panic..." She said with a nervous look trying to surpress memories.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1982 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
<Right. Of course. I'll help you to the bar.> Claxter said, and stood by the bed so she could lean on him.

Jocun glanced around the room while waiting for the controller to compose herself, and noticed there was another half animal creature that was familiar with the first one he saw. How very strange.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1983 on: September 08, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »
<<It's okay,>> Terenia says awkwardly, her own uneasiness over the situation not doing anything to help Mike. She can feel the tips of his ears turning red at their combined embarrassment. <<It's no big deal,>> she mutters, trying to turn her focus back to the issue at hand. Reven seems to have turned his sights on Illim and Derrel, though, and she finds herself paying only half attention.

<<Mike,>> she says at last, giving up on focusing. <<Corliss. Earlier. He said...>> she winces mentally, struggling to keep the expression from manifesting itself physically. <<He told me he loved me.>> How long ago had that been? A day? A few hours? Impossible to tell - but it had been on the heels of her grief over Tammy and, at the time, all she could do was push him away as violently as possible. Then she had been stuck in the pool; stuck alone for hours with nothing to do but think and allow that uneasy conversation to settle in her mind. <<He's not...he wasn't really serious, right? I mean, he's a freaking Yeerk. I'm...well, yeah, I'm a Yeerk but...but it's different. And besides that isn't how it works.>> Curiously, tentatively, she peeks into his memories, wondering if they will provide the answers she is looking for.

<<Very well,>> Efaen says, still clearly loathe to help Terenia in any way. She shifts impatiently as Reven finishes his conversation with her. <<I suspect we will be able to make the final arrangements and depart soon, my Prince.>>

Zorish drums his fingers on the table, Tamora's nails clacking against the grimy surface. When Eshen does not immediately respond he assumes that she is still fighting for control. He turns his sideways glance to Jocun. "I'm not sure I've seen a host that resilient before," he comments mildly. "Usually they give in after a moment or two."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1984 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »
"Well, some Yeerks aren't exactly the bastions of iron will." He said quietly, leaning a little towards Zorish so Eshen might not blatantly overhear a possible insult. "Also some Humans just don't give up easily. They can be one of the more stubborn species. Not every case is exactly the same. So, have you made any new friends while you stay? Enjoying the place any while you search for answers to your future?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #1985 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
The shuttle flies over the bar and settles by a strange, small ship. The ship resembles that of others in its vacinity, like Myitt's vehicle, but more compact. The captain parks his shuttle behind the compact fighter and cloaks the shuttle. The cloak isn't perfect, as it's a prototype, but hopefully this shiny, new fighter will distract others from seeing the shimmer of the hidden shuttle. The captain steps out of the shuttle, seemingly appearing from nothing. He stands tall at 7' 5", his body covered in a green metallic armor. The armor from the chest up resembles that of ancient samurai in fashion, but only subtlely, as the core design is still based on the MJOLNIR MARK VI. He holds his helmet in his hands, ready to put it on at any moment of hostility. The green helmet has an amber visor molded in a way that the wearer appears to be constantly glaring threatening. From the crown, silver metallic flames seem to emanate upward, completing the most intimidating look of the armor.

Though with his helmet off, his now longer, light brown hair barely touches his neck plate. He has green eyes that glow with a golden tint, that stand out from his pale white skin; though it is somewhat darkened with a 5 o' clock shadow.

He scans the parking lot, looking for any sign of his beloved.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1986 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:08 PM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin nods to Efaen, hoping Reven's impatience would eventually get the best of him to terminate the transmission.  It would be rude to vacate beforehand.  <<I do hope so, there are some things we must discuss.>>

Ossanlin feels another twinge of energy from a different direction, this feels nearly identical to Mar's unique signature.  He worries a bit for his friend, but he's still stuck until the transmission ends.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _____________

~Rathien~

Rathien draws his eyebrows down and removes the knife from Van's wasteband.  "Beryllian...Berylli an, are you conscious?"  He looks at Van's eyes and notices a somewhat glazed look.  Had he been drugged?  It certainly seems that way, but Rathien had not done anything and he'd not seen Van do anything to himself...he hopes the being will snap out of the trance soon...conquering sedated prey was not worth the effort.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1987 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
Noah followed behind not too close, so her nose wasn't suffocated by Sami's scent. She trotted (like a jog), through the forest ears perked up attentively listening to any rustling of leaves or sounds of life. She listened to the small birds chirpping their little songs to each other, and the fluttering of feathers, but no sounds of any creature larger. She continued to get deeper within the forest and finally heard a small shuffling sound, then silence. She  froze dead in her step, paw hovering over the ground. Noah got low to the ground letting her body go utterly still hoping Sami would get the memo to be very still and silent, though, she truly hoped she had heard.

After at least two minutes, the shuffling was heard again and this time she turned her head to the left quick enough to see dark brown fur dash through some brush. And like that she was off. She used her natural speed to chase down the animal and still avoided stray branches and large rocks. It hadn't gotten 20 ft before she swiped the small creature with her great paw knocking it away from a hole in the ground that, from the smell of it, was her home. The creature tumbled along the dirt until Noah caught back up and was pinning it with one paw, claws out and almost piercing its flesh. Her head was only two inches away before she finally got a good look at it. It seemed to be a cross between a hare and a gopher. It was dark brown with legs like a rabbit on a slightly smaller body, with short ears that resembled a rabbits. She sniffed the air above the animal and could smell its fear as it struggled under her paw. Noah screamed her frustration coming out as a cross between a hiss and a roar from those few inches away. The animal panicked and its heart sped with it as it tried desperately to get away. She released it and went off in search for larger prey for that was too small to satisfy any part of her. She needed something at least the size of an antelope, maybe a monkey, but a bunny wouldn't satisfy a hunger such as hers.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:15:10 PM by Twilight_Pixie »

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1988 on: September 08, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Sami heard the rustling that Noah heard, dismissing it with a flick of her ears as she slowed and softened her steps, keeping absolutely quiet, not brushing anything. She heard Noah take off a few moments later, then heard the roar of frustration. Sami sighed inwardly as she kept on moving, scenting along as she went. She heard rustling all about her, but it was small rustling, so she dismissed each with the flick of her ears, or a flick of her tail. She stalked through the undergrowth silently, green-yellow eyes shining in the semi-darkness from the close treetops.

A sound above her, something large enough to shake branches. Sami was up the tree in a flash, deftly climbing it with feline grace. She reached the animal just as it was soaring through the air to another tree, jumping across with it and landing on the branch with it, one paw swiping out to catch it. She hit its flank, making it stumble and fall from the tree with a cry. Sami jumped down beside it, finding a monkey like animal, but with about six arms. It was the size of a small person, about 4 or maybe 4 and a half feet tall. Sami pinned it down, watching blood pour from its flank, and waited for Noah to come. Surely she would, after hearing a stunt like that.

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1989 on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
The second she heard Sami start up the tree, Noah turned around and headed back her way in enough time to watch her land with the injured animal. She smiled, though it came out as an aggressive baring of teeth. The scent of fresh blood and fear was heavy on the air. Her eyes fell on the creature to see it wounded but still able to fight, just the way she liked it. Noah could no longer control or fight back. The leopard raced toward the fallen prey and without asking permission from the greater predator she attacked it more, provoking it to fight more. She slashed it across the chest for a fresh wave of blood and it squirmed more all hands beating her. Noah jumped away and pounced again this time striking at the neck. She took a few more hits, but sank her teeth into its jugular and bit down with incredible force. As it squirmed, the wound continued to open around her teeth letting the blood flow down her throat in an intoxicating wash of adrenaline. Noah pulled at the neck and it finally gave tearing the meat from the carcass in a wet ripping sound. The body sprayed a few more squirts of blood then went deathly still. She took her fairly large chunk and began to pull pieces of it away at a time to eat. She had completely ignored Sami, not even considering how she would take her act of dominance of stealing a kill would effect the other. She was in her own world of blood and fear.

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #1990 on: September 08, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Silver leaned slightly on Claxter but found her head didnt hurt anymore. She blinked surprised. She was only slightly swaying but that was from lack of food and such in her system. She made her way through the ship with him deciding she would ask about how she was healed. When they finally reached outside she felt less panicky and more relieved.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1991 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »
Claxter was happy she was feeling better. <Let's all head for the bar, then. We can find ourselves a nice table and talk while enjoying food and drink.> He said. He walked out a bit, keeping a stalk eye pointed at the door. He would command it to close once they exited.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1992 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »
Larry was walking toward the Bar, thinking about how his relationship with Sami had progressed. She was so much different than the females of his land and she seemed to be appreciative of the way he treated her. He had a slight smile on his face as he was daydreaming when something appeared to his right, towards the lake.

A bright red light, no more than a foot across had appeared and it was flashing with a bright white light at random. Larry's blood immediately froze with fear because he knew what this was. Ba'al had found him and was going to end this war that Larry had started.

Having very little time Larry crouched to the ground and pressed his hand against it and concentrated. A tree stump suddenly grew out of the ground to a height of about a foot and a half. Larry put his index finger and concentrated again and the top three inches of the stump split off creating a hollow space. Inside the hollow stump Larry quickly wrote a note in the dirt and then laid all of the Weapons and clothing inside. He replaced the top of the stump and it sealed itself.

Satisfied that Sami and Noah's clothing and weapons were safe he stood and turned toward the light. The red light had formed into a portal the was six feet in diameter and was flashing with white lights still. Taking his staff off of his shoulder he held it in his right hand and crouched into a fighting stance. "Ba'al, I have destroyed your Brothers and I will destroy you. Let us finish this war now." Larry said in a defiant tone of voice. All of a sudden tentacles came racing out of the portal and wrapped themselves around Larry. Before he had time to react the tentacles quickly pulled him into the portal and the portal itself disappeared.

The land was eerily silent for a moment, but was broken by a cawing. Grun had watched the whole scene take place, but had no time to react for it had taken less than a minute for it to unfold. He landed upon the stump that his master and friend had created. Inside lay the possessions of Sami and Noah. A note in the dirt read 'Sami, I am sorry, but fate has finally found me. Ba'al, the Lord of Destruction has taken me by force to my own world to battle him. I feel that I will not be enough to destroy so I ask for your help. Grun will show you the way, but I am afraid that you will need more help. Ask if anyone from the bar will help you. I love, Sami.'

Although Grun did not know what was inside the stump he did know that his friend needed help. He looked to his left and saw a rose on the ground, the same rose Larry had presented Sami when they first met. Grun flapped his wings a couple times and flew over to the rose. Carefully clutching the rose in his talons he spread his wings, caught a headwind and soared into the sky. He took off flying toward the forest and cawing in desperation the entire time. He was hoping Sami would hear him and reveal her location so he could try to communicate to her that their friend was in trouble.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:43:26 PM by General Squall Leonhart »

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1993 on: September 08, 2011, 10:31:18 PM »
~The Polkaris~

That's probably a smart attitude to have at the moment, Ewa thought with relief.  And a small bit of disappointment.  "It is rather awkward, isn't it," she sympathized, her mouth twisting into something rueful.

"I was thinking of heading back to the bar, waiting there, if you wanted to come with," Ewa offered.  She realized that it maybe wasn't the smartest move for her to make--here at least she knew two of the three people in her vicinity were not involved in the kidnapping plot.  Who knew about anyone else that might be in the scape?  Still, sitting there, waiting, made her feel hunted and unprepared.  And it's not like this place is going to provide all that much protection with the hatch stuck open and those two off in their own world.

It did feel wrong to leave Van completely at Rathien's mercy.  For now he'll be keeping Rathien busy, but what about when he comes down?  The hunter could sabotage the ship, steal more of the cargo.... Character concerns, of course, but very material to what we might be able to achieve in this scape.

"I'm sure Van will head back to the bar, once he's finished.  And it might feel a bit less awkward waiting there."
Work is for the weak

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1994 on: September 08, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
Vogefac smiled slightly as Artemis summoned strength - as always - to stand up, and walk out. He followed closely behind Claxter, making sure not to get in the way...

Catie smiled a little, "Yea...I think I'd prefer being there, all thugs considered."

She stood up ready to follow Ewa.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother