Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54650 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #1050 on: October 19, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »
Oh, yeah, Hu thought snidely, that'll work.

Hu watched axiously and somewhat awkwardly as Kelran slowly approached the creature.  Hu really hoped this would work.  But that was before there was a loud crash behind him.  It seemed like the ship was falling apart from the inside out.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1051 on: October 19, 2008, 01:41:36 PM »
Cody heard a crash, and stopped playing with his toy. Yet again, he saw the bird beast standing next to him. He was annoying. Cody growled and snapped at it, and it sprayed him with stuff. He tried to run away, but he couldn't get very far. He layed down with the ball in his mouth and drifted out of consciousness.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1052 on: October 19, 2008, 02:19:44 PM »
"And that is the art of hunting reptillianoid pre-avian species" Kelran said as he turned to see what had caused the tremendous crunching noise.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1053 on: October 19, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
The ship seemed to have stabilized briefly.  But Hu had enough.  He turned to Kelran and said, as there was a slight throb in floor beneath his feet, "Nice one Kelran, but I have a funny idea.  LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"

Hu quickly devolved himself, retaining control and his mind, unlike the others.  Then laying down a bit, saying "Through Yarin, Peter, and that other thing one my back.  That way we can abandon ship and figure this thing out.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1054 on: October 19, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »
((Let's have Emily not devolve. That way I'll have a character that can talk and stuff.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jake_berenson

• my charecter in a story i'm wrting
« Reply #1055 on: October 19, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
(Have I already devolved completely? I was thinking that since I have an alien parent I could like still think and controll my body.)
peter woke up. he hadn't really been asleep but his subconciousness had taken over. now peter could seen it had been into something nasty. he was all hairy. he was an ape.
"oh perfect" he said suprised the words had come out.
he found his way to the medical bay and put his history knoledge to work. the crumpled heap must be yarin, the velocarapter cody.
(and the creature was a devolved alien i had met. it remembers me in some distent memories. i was thinking it could be my brother that took after my alien dad. of course i don't know it's my bro)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:44:03 PM by jake_berenson »
Rachel "let's do it."

Linkin park rocks!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1056 on: October 19, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »
((I was assuming we were back on Yarin's ship by now -- Emily possibly would be in for a surprise then.  Unless you were talking about the medical bay there, Jake.  Of course, I could be mistaken.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1057 on: October 19, 2008, 07:30:14 PM »
"Great! You're back!" Emily said as she saw Kelran and Hu in devolved form. "Why is there a velociraptor, a chimpanzee, and some little thing on your back, Hu?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jake_berenson

• my charecter in a story i'm wrting
« Reply #1058 on: October 19, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »
(I guess it followed us or something. he's with you now too. oh and by the way peter will randomly switch between devolved human brain and alien brain.)
Peter woke up again.
"why do I keep switching??!!" he cried aloud. the others were startled.
Rachel "let's do it."

Linkin park rocks!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1059 on: October 20, 2008, 07:21:37 AM »
(the transporter bio-filter likely removed the virus itself, so we are no longer contagious, but its up to us to figure out how to reverse the effects)

Kelran groaned and collapsed into a chair. "I think your de-volution virus doesnt agree with my densly compacted DNA."
There was a low rumble from his chest, "Or my gastrointestinal systems for that matter. Oh. emily.... the reptillianoid is Cody, and the simian is Peter. And Yarin is..... something. Small and odd looking."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1060 on: October 20, 2008, 07:31:09 AM »
"Can they control their bodies, or should we lock them in a room? Seeing as Cody's starting to move." Emily said.

Cody had been placed on the floor, and was waking up. He was in a smaller space, and there were new smells. He crawled into a corner so no one would take his toy. He wasn't hungry anymore.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1061 on: October 20, 2008, 07:37:31 AM »
"Yeah," Hu said, placing everyone down, the re-evolving back to his normal form.  "Yarin took the Devolution Draught -- against my better judgement, I might add -- and it exacerbated the virus's effects.  It didn't affect me because I have the ability to consciously devolve and re-evolve at will, due the Devolution Draught.  I don't know if I can reverse its effects though."

Hu heaved a sigh, as he sat down and heard Emily's concerns, whipping his tail feverishly.  "Don't worry, you're not in danger as long as Kelran and I are here."  They were the large and stronger then they currently-devolved others.  Hu was aware of the reptiles movements.

"This a subject that the Smilodite Mages may have looked into in the past, but if they did, the archives were wiped long before my time." Hu looked through the bridge's window and saw the ship heavily deteriorating.  "I still don't understand how a virus could do all this. . . ."

((By the way, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Smilodite feet are orientated like humans.  Their heel and balls of their feet touch the ground.  Occured to me that I might not have elaborated.  Thought you guys might want to know.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1062 on: October 20, 2008, 08:06:49 AM »
"Well Kelran, you'll have to fly us home. We'll figure out what to to with Cody and the others. Including our other two Nyac guests." Emily said.

((You know, one of the two rules at the start of this thread is that everyone should post within a couple of days at least. We may have to have Nichole disappear like Jason did if Traycon3 doesn't post more often. I feel guilty saying that, though. It just doesn't do anyone any good if Tray only posts once a week.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #1063 on: October 20, 2008, 08:57:26 AM »
And Yarin is..... something. Small and odd looking."
<I heard that.> Yarin thought to them. <Yes it is I, apparently the addition of the Devolution Draught caused me to retain my higher brain functions>
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1064 on: October 20, 2008, 10:02:46 AM »
Hu nodded.  "It appears to affect Nyac in such a way . . . I didn't know the reaction it would have in a non-Aruten species.  Yarin, can you re-evolve back, or it is the virus counteracting that or . . ."

Hu stopped his questioning, because he realized his vision came true.  Why did he dismiss it?  If he acted by it, Yarin, Peter and Cody wouldn't be devolved into their forms.  If he hadn't second-guessed himself . . .

((Oh, I had forgotten that rule, Nohensen -- though it was never a problem for me (though it might when I move -- eventually).  Perhaps she will post soon or perhaps something has happened that requires her full attention at the moment.  She might post soon -- and I'm not usually optimistic about such things.))

(January 7, 2020)