Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333712 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11520 on: November 08, 2010, 04:35:49 PM »
Vogefac, and his brother Fenebok walk in. These teenage Reptilinod soldiers bear the arms and medals many only achieve as older, time-tested warriors. Vogefak walks up to the bar and orders himself and his older brother a Reptilina Frey'joS tea.

Fenebok, being the older brother looks around for some company to……chat with.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:42:26 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11521 on: November 08, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
((Welcome to the rp Scinlao! Most of the characters aren't actually in the bar right now, they're running around outside in one dilemma or another. My character Trey (human adolescent male) is wandering around the back rooms. I'm not sure about anyone else.))

Terenia stares at the blank screen for a long moment, stunned into a giddy silence. Efaen, on the other hand, is furious.

<<You will never get away with this,>> she promises, <<I will tell Prince Ossanlin. I will show him that you are not cooperating. He will force you out of my head and squash you, you miserable excuse for a warrior.>>

<<It's no use Efaen,>> Terenia says happily, <<I'm free!>>

<<You think that they will become your home? Do not fool yourself, human. You are not like them and they will turn their backs on you, like everyone else.>>

<<Lighten up,>> Terenia says, <<After all, there's another Andalite there.>> This reminder does not seem to help Efaen's mood at all. She mentally stiffens, retreating into a corner of her mind to brood.

---

Tamora winces slightly at the familiar sensation of a Yeerk entering her skull. It feels so wrong, not being Zorish. At the same time, though, it is a welcome reminder of what she used to have. Maybe Myitt was no Zorish, but she could provide the companionship that had been so ruthlessly stolen from Tamora.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11522 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
((Welcome to the bar, Scinlao!  Nice name ;)  Make sure to go over the basic rules in the first post on page 1, and we hope you enjoy it!  Unfortunately yeah, all of my characters are currently outside the bar, but maybe you'll get to meet them eventually ;D))

Myitt burrows through Tamora's skull and makes contact with her mind, automatically hit with a barrage of memories.

Painful memories, many of them, as Terenia's had been.

She says nothing for a few long moments, making her way deeper into Tamora's head.

It takes a few moments for her to fully connect, and she peruses the last few minutes, seeing herself through Tamora's memories and mentally wincing at what had occurred.  Tamora's possessiveness, yes, that was clear.  What was also clear was how close Myitt had come to having her life extinguished. 

She still says nothing to Tamora, staring for a long time, unseeing, at the metal floor.

Then she looks up and walks over to Tara, ignoring Mar almost entirely.

Myitt kneels her new body down and undoes the binds around Tara's hands and feet.

"Myitt?" Tara wonders, rubbing her wrists and hastily wiping her eyes.  "Oh, Myitt, man, I thought...I thought you...does she really think that she can--"

Myitt grins with Tamora's mouth and draws her human friend into a hug.

"No," says Myitt with Tamora's voice, patting Tara's back.  "I don't belong to anyone.  You should know that."  She draws back and looks at Tara.  So strange, looking at the person she had inhabited every day for the last eight years from another body.  Not a mirror.

Tara keeps wiping her eyes.  "Then come back, already," she insists.  "She can't do anything to stop you.  God, I need a tissue."  She irritably wipes her nose on the inside of her shirt collar.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11523 on: November 08, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »
((Howdy, newcomer! I've actually got a couple characters in the bar right now... what do your characters look like? Your profile picture?)))

The door squeaked as it opened, and Rayker's head snapped around to face it. He was a little startled by the beings entering the bar. They weren't like anything he'd seen so far, but that wasn't uncommon for him and his group. Speaking of his group, he so badly wanted to contact them, and he'd tried; they must have silenced their commlinks.

The tension was growing thicker and thicker aboard the boarding craft. Carson was getting anxious. Antonio, who was still in the room with him, whispered "Now what, boss? Are we just gonna sit here and wait?"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:33:54 PM by Warren BearClaw »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #11524 on: November 08, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
((Welcome, Scinlao! My characters -- Tora, an Andalite, and Elayne, a human -- are outside the Bar right now, but maybe you'll meet them eventually!))

Tora goes immediately to the drawer where the old comm link Reven had given her was stored and retrieves it. It is the only item of any sentimental value to her on the ship, and it is nearly the only extractable item that, in the wrong hands, could endanger her home.

Bending down, she lifts her Dracon holster from the foamy floor, buckling it around her waist and placing the comm link in one of its small compartments. Then she turns to the provisions, sorting through what was left of them to determine if anything was worth salvaging. From the start, it isn't looking good.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:01:42 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #11525 on: November 08, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »
((welcome Scinlao, one or more of my characters may be heading back to the building.))
When Myitt infested Tamora I realized that I wouldn't be want any more. I got up and trotted over to Tamora/Myitt. <I assume you don't want me around anymore, Myitt. If you would land and let me embark I'll leave. I don't know why you would want to be infested by your but I hope your happy now, Tamora.>

Since he seemed to be out of trouble with the andalite ship. John powered down and headed towards the bar. There were some newcomers so he walked over and stood next to them. "You new here too?" he asked.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:42:39 PM by Cobra »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11526 on: November 08, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »
(Welcome! All of my characters are out right now taking care of other business. Hopefully you'll get to meet them soon!)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11527 on: November 08, 2010, 10:19:46 PM »
Mar's lip curls with revulsion at Tamora's unbelievable stupidity. What a pitiful, mentally disturbed fool. She could have had revenge on his Precious and instead believed she could somehow possess the very one who would control her body. He cannot believe he even considered for a second that her hatred might---

...wait, what was he talking about? Myitt was alive. Safe. Why would he be thinking that her continued life was regrettable? Mar rubs his forehead, trying to clear his thoughts. He's getting confused. About what he is, about who he is.

Mar states to Myitt in Tamora's body with slight worry, "You're sure you are alright? I am sure you will make the necessary precautions before proceeding. I still believe you made a foolish choice."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11528 on: November 08, 2010, 11:02:07 PM »
"Yes, Mar, I am fine," says Myitt simply, sitting back on the floor and glancing up at him.  Something about him...something she can't quite place...she has a brief sense of foreboding.  Mar's words were sincere, but at the same time she felt the need to...the need to...

Male thought-speech echoes in her head.

"Aahh!" she cries, pushing Tamora's body away from the dog and staring at it, clutching at her hammering chest.  "What?  You...an...Andalite?" she stammers incredulously, searching Tamora's mind for an explanation.

Tara, too, is staring at the dog and wiping her nose. 

"Well, that explains why he's been so obediently anti-Yeerk," she says dryly.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11529 on: November 08, 2010, 11:06:19 PM »
<Can someone please tell me what has been going on? I need to know! Ought to blast you all...ignoring me...don't even know what Prince Ossanlin is doing...> Claxter said, starting to mutter incoherently to himself in anxiety.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11530 on: November 08, 2010, 11:26:58 PM »
<I already had this discussion with Tamora. look at it in her memories. I won't repeat.> I answered myitt's outburst.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11531 on: November 08, 2010, 11:52:06 PM »
"A human?" Myitt replies, eyes tracking.

"Listen, doggie," Tara sighs, still sniffling, "we'll let you out of here as soon as we can get out of here.  All right?"

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11532 on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
<I just assumed you would want to get rid of me. Am I right?> and with that I went over and laid down against the wall.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #11533 on: November 09, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »
~{ Welcome! My character is currently zonked out of her mind due to power over use. She was born human then experimented on now she can throw illusions....quite strong ones and they feel and look real}~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11534 on: November 09, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »
((*Hums Amalthea's song from The Last Unicorn* XDD Oh yeah, and welcome to the Bar new guy! :D My current character is inside a Bug fighter with three others. He is essentially a very confused mortal incarnation of the Devil with most of his cooler powers gone. Poor bastard. :P The other three are a high-ranking Yeerk rebellion member named Myitt, her relieved host named Tara, and a half-crazy voluntary Controller named Tamora.  ) )

"Are you sure?" states Mar with a concerned look. He also looks somewhat hurt by her fear. This is his Precious. The woman he was searching for for countless years. How long was it again? And why didn't he care before that she hated him? "I know that...that you do not like me, Myitt. Part of me still understands why. But the longer I stay in this rotten place, the more I am becoming something else. And..."

Mar stares off awkwardly. "...if you should ever need my assistance, I am present for you always. Regardless of what I may be doing with this life now. I wonder how long it will be before all I remember about us is the wisp of an event that exists in your mind."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:48:14 AM by Shenmue654 »