Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333784 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11535 on: November 09, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Myitt looks back at Mar, her breathing returning to normal after the scare from the dog-human.

Tamora is strangely quiet, although Myitt could sense...a strange sensation of comfort and turmoil inside Tamora's conflicted mind.

No matter.  Soon she would be back with Tara, and all of this foolishness forgotten.  All of the pain and regret for what she, Myitt, had done...pushed aside.

She sucks in a breath.  "Thank you, Mar," she replies.  "You know, I don't know why I feel this way about you, but...but you know, sometimes I think you're not so bad, after all."

All the while, in some deep recess of her mind, that paranoid sense of danger keeps nagging at her.  This creature attempted to save her life, twice, and yet she feels repulsed by him.  Perhaps she was being too judgmental...

---

Corliss jogs up to the Skimmer and pauses, out of breath.

<You're being awfully closed-off,> Mike probes.

<Well, yes, I have quite a lot on my mind,> replies Corliss.  He commands the hatchway to open and steps up the ramp.

<Not just hunger,> Mike senses.  <Not just Tora's safety.  You know she's probably not damaged the Skimmer, because you trust her.  You like her as much as I do.  Maybe I like her because of you, I don't know.  And you're scared.  It's perfectly normal, mate, everyone gets this way.>

<Yes, but I've never...I'm not...> Corliss sighs, at a loss. 

Corliss swallows and peers inside the hatchway, walking inside the Skimmer's cabin.

<It's all right, mate.  You don't have to explain,> Mike says, watching curiously.

"Terenia?" he calls.  "What's the verdict, then?"

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:47:13 AM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #11536 on: November 09, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »
((*bump* to let everyone know I'm still alive and reading.))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11537 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
((Yay, Ozzy!))

Myitt's thoughts also drifted briefly to Ossanlin...Ossanlin!  This insolent human girl had unleashed that lunatic on one of her dear friends, and now...

...no, of course Tamora's thoughts couldn't reveal Ossanlin's fate. 

She thinks he is probably dead, as well, she thinks, and her thoughts bubble up into Tamora's mind.

<Well, my poor, deluded human child,> she says, speaking directly to Tamora for the first time and standing her body.  <Let's see if we're both right.>

"What are you doing?" Tara demands, standing up as well and wincing at the pain from the fall she'd taken when her body had been stunned. 

"Checking on someone," Myitt replies curtly, tapping up the Bug's holoscreens and replying to Claxter on audio. 

"Hello, Claxter.  This is Myitt, I am currently in Tamora's body.  I suggest you stop hailing us and check on your Prince, and my friend, because I have reason to believe he has been attacked."  At the same time, she signals the fighter to begin the landing procedure. 

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11538 on: November 09, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
((Howdy, newcomer! I've actually got a couple characters in the bar right now... what do your characters look like? Your profile picture?)))

Sorry, didn't see your post. :S Yes, that is a Reptilinod. :)

For a little more info: Reptilinods are usually(85% of the time) half a foot taller than a human of their age. The tip of their upper-jaw has a small boney 'nub', and the lower-jaw several spikes. The horns bend at an acute angle, and are rarely used in combat. The long claws, however, made the Reptilinod turn war into an art. Grown males can have claws up to 1 to 2 feet in length. Although more fitted to a scientist archetype than warrior, all starship crewmembers are trained warriors. Their reflexes are faster than most Andalites. They can run at speeds of up to 76 mph, and jump 3 times their body height. They also have a mind-meld capacity around close range. :)

Vogefak: /Vah-jeh-fak/
Fenebok: /Feh-neh-bahk/
(Scinlao: /Sin-lay-o/)

Post Merged: November 09, 2010, 01:46:08 PM

((Thanks everyone!  ;D  I figured. I read a little of the two pages before my post. But, I couldn't read it all  :huh: :-X  So, unless the bar has exploded, Fenebok and Vogefak do not realize that there were ever any other people around.  :-)

Fenebok watches his younger, but more decorated brother sip his drink. He picks up his own, and tastes it. It tastes just like it was made fresh at home.

Neither Fenebok or Vogefak has been to this bar before. They are not surprised that this old run-down shack has little publicity. They are only here for temporary refreshment on their way to examine a potential threat in the Aurkawzen sector.

A human walked up to the two tall reptilians and started to ask a question.

Fenebok, being the oldest, looked up at the man. He just huffed, and turned back to his drink.

Vogefak, ignoring protocol, looked up a little more politely, with an almost human expression, and said: "Yes. We've just arrived. We did not think we'd be seeing anyone else for quite a while. I am Vogefak. This is my older brother Fenebok."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:04:46 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11539 on: November 09, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
<But why are you...nevermind. Prince Ossanlin hasn't returned my hails either. Otherwise I wouldn't be hailing you. I don't know how to get into the ship, but it seems he designed it to be hard to get into. Maybe if I called his Dome Ship. Maybe they could help.> He said. He also started landing when Myitt started landing, as he didn't have a whole lot of fuel in his ship.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11540 on: November 09, 2010, 06:44:06 PM »
As soon as Myitt takes control of Tamora's motor functions a mental sigh of relief escapes her, as though her subconscious simply could not handle making it's own decisions. Finally she is in the backseat once more - a mere observer.

<You do belong to me,> Tamora pipes up when Myitt speaks, <You offered your life to make up for murdering Zorish. I didn't kill you, so that life is still indebted to me. You owe me. You can go back to your stupid rebellion - do what you want with my body - but you can't leave me. And I'm not deluded.> The last bit comes out almost as a whimper - pleading Myitt to stay.

---

Terenia's Andalite head jerks around in a rather un-Andalite way when the hatch opens.

<Corliss!> She cries, practically bouncing with enthusiasm. Even without a mouth she appears to be grinning, <He said yes! He's going to let me join you guys!>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #11541 on: November 09, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
"I'm John." John called over the bartender and ordered another beer. He needed one after the excitement of the firefight.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11542 on: November 09, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
Fenebok stood up and walked to the doors and walked out. Or, more accurately, shoved the only remaining door clean off it's hinges, and walked past the doorway. He turned right towards the Reptilinod scout-ship that had brought them here.

Vogefak, slightly disgusted at his Brother's behaviour, said: "John. Salutations. If I'm not mistaken, you are a Human from…Earth. Are you not?"

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11543 on: November 09, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
"Yea I'm from Earth ,and you are from?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11544 on: November 09, 2010, 07:45:57 PM »
"I was born in the Honored Land of Ventii'kaa province on Reptilina. It's a planet exactly on the opposite side of the Galaxy. My people find your race very interesting. We……studied you at one point in our history."

Fenebok walks in again. His right hand is now covered with a strange metallic glove. They have claws exactly the size and shape of Fenebok's, only they seem to be metallic, and glowing with some rectified, conducted energy moving along it. It is unmistakably a weapon. He sits down, and slams his hand on the table, signaling the bartender(DON'T KNOW NAME! :S) for more drinks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:58:11 PM by Scinlao »

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11545 on: November 09, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »
When the other alien walked back in with a strange weapon my hands involuntarily went for my guns.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11546 on: November 09, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
John, the Terran, pulled a gun out from it's holster. His eyes went wide.

Vogefak instinctively grabbed his Epar-pistol in self-defense. Before he could think, he was swatted on the side of the head by a Sol-Claw. ~That war-mongering imbecile must have wanted a fight~ was the last thing he thought to himself, and then he fell unconscious.

Fenebok knocked his brother to the side, a little to hard, knocking him unconscious.

"Put…your weapon……away." Fenebok threatened. He set his Sol-Claws to ranged beam.

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11547 on: November 09, 2010, 08:39:59 PM »
"I don't think you should threaten me when I have two guns trainedon you."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11548 on: November 09, 2010, 09:24:59 PM »
Myitt remains silent, absorbing and analyzing Tamora's thought and intentions.

<I am indebted to you,> Myitt admits, <but that does not mean I will risk my organization with the presence of an Imperial who would no sooner run to Visser Three with our coordinates than pretend to live peacefully among us.>

---

Corliss grins and half-hugs Terenia's upper torso. 

"That's fantastic!" he cries.  He draws back and looks at her Andalite form.  "We have resources for at least one more Andalite.  And of course...if you should desire another host, that may also be possible."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11549 on: November 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM »
Mar smiles at Myitt's comment. It was not much to go on, but it suggested that perhaps relations could improve between them. "Thank you, precious. Hearing you say such a thing means a great deal to me. I suppose I shall leave the ship now, although getting in was somewhat awkward."

Mar closes his eyes and tries to work out where Elayne is. Mar smiles immediately. The poor thing is worried about him and hasn't moved since he left. The process is as tricky and confusing as before, but he eventually tumbles out onto the grass next to Elayne.

Mar rubs his head and moans uncomfortably, staggering. He shouldn't use this power very often. It's tiring and messes with his head. I mean, was he always standing here next to Elayne, at the same time he was in the ship with Myitt? It doesn't make sense. Mar hopes he'll be able to figure it out at another time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:47:32 PM by Shenmue654 »