Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333743 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11490 on: November 06, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
Efaen bends her front legs low enough for her to scoop Terenia off of the ground, her main eyes never leaving Reven. For a moment she holds Terenia in her hand, contemplating exactly how weak she is at that moment. It would be incredibly easy for her to go back on her word and squeeze the life out of the small slug. For a brief moment she was tempted, but then she relented, knowing that, for now at least, she needed the Yeerk-girl. She opens her palm, bringing it to her ear.

Terenia senses her body traveling up, up through the air and away from the cold floor that she had landed on. A moment later her palps sense an opening in front of her and she begins to squirm her way back into Efaen's brain. Efaen's entire body shudders and freezes as Terenia abducts control, pausing to sift through her most recent memories before bothering to use the body's other functions. As soon as she finishes she exhales discontentedly through her nose, raising her eyes to Reven's.

<That went a bit better than I expected, actually,> she says mildly. <I...I'm sorry for wasting your time.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11491 on: November 06, 2010, 07:15:54 PM »
"Quite to the contrary, Terenia," says Reven.  "I have decided to allow you and Efaen to stay with us, if you, Terenia, still wish to do so.  Efaen clearly wishes to remain with you, and I find no reason to expect that she is involuntary, despite her attitude toward the Yeerk race."  He smiles wryly.  "Besides, how better to convince, or at least assuage, Efaen regarding the sincerity of the rebellion than allowing her to experience it?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11492 on: November 06, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »
Both Terenia and Efaen are so shocked by Reven's verdict that they are silent for almost a full minute. Terenia is the first to regain her composure.

<You...you mean...are you serious?> Terenia asks, astounded.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11493 on: November 06, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
Reven nods.  "Yes, I am.  If you choose not to decide now, please tell Corliss or Myitt as soon as you have made a decision."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11494 on: November 06, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
Terenia nods, still dumbstruck.

<Y-yes, of course. Thank you - thank you!> It is the first good news she has gotten since coming to the bar, and even Efaen cannot ruin her delight.

<<This will not last,>> Efaen promises, enraged, <<Mark my words, Terenia, it will not last.>>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11495 on: November 06, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
Reven nods again.  "You agree to join us?  Good."  His stern demeanor breaks up slightly, and he smiles his boyish smile.  "We'll be glad to have you both with us, and I hope that we can work together amiably.  I have other matters I've got to attend to, but please relay the information to my siblings."

With that, the transmission simply cuts out, displaying just an empty, glowing green holoscreen.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11496 on: November 06, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »
Claxter was becoming increasingly worried. No one was answering him! What to do? Then it occured to him that he didn't relally need the computer to talk to Tamora. He just needed it for her to talk to him. He flew as close as he could to the bugfighter that if he fired, the blast wouldn't damage his own ship.

<Tamora! It is Claxter! Answer my hail, now!>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #11497 on: November 06, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »
((is it public thought speak? I'm going to assume so. Correctme if I'm wrong.))

When I heard claxter's voice I stop growling and looked around when I couldn't find him I started growling again and watched Myitt and the one she called "Mar".
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11498 on: November 06, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »
(Yes, it's public. No particular reason why he wouldn't make it public.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #11499 on: November 07, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »
"Much better now," Tora responds as soon as she has a mouth with which to speak. "I am sorry about the mess. Thank you," she says, climbing to her feet, just wearing her morphing outfit. Her usual human clothes are lying discarded on the Bug fighter floor, thoroughly covered in flame retardant. She gives an apologetic smile and asks, "May I ride back with you to the Base when you depart? After I gather what is left of our supplies, of course."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:24:46 AM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11500 on: November 07, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
Corliss looks back at the hatchway, now dripping foam. 

"Sure, reckon that's probably the best way to go about it while this dries up," he replies to Tora.  "D'you think it's repairable, or should we set the self-destruct?  It'd be a shame to lose a fighter, but I'd rather lose one ship than risk leaving valuable information out here in the open."  He looks back out at the woods.  "Especially in this helluva place."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11501 on: November 07, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
Mar snarls irritably at the creature that has jumped between himself and Tamora. This puts any attempts to attack Tamora here out of the question, as he imagines that his aim is pretty terrible. He listens to what Tamora said carefully and rolls his eyes, but he grabs Myitt closer to him upon hearing her statement.

"No, no," he says worriedly. "Whatever that woman says, you cannot throw your life away. You do not want to die at the hands of an Imperial pawn that loathes you. Didn't you promise the rebellion that you would fight for a better future? If you must go, than go that way and not here. Ossanlin and I worked hard to keep you alive."

Mar then glances back toward Tamora irritably and states, "Must it always be revenge with you mortals? I will defend Myitt from your attacks if necessary."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11502 on: November 07, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »
Myitt whimpers at the being's touch and writhes away from Mar's grasp.

"No, no, no, get away from me," she hisses, her face twitching in the midst of her internal turmoil.  "I have made my commitments to the rebellion, and to my family, yes, but whatever my intent I murdered this human girl's comrade.  I will at least allow her the respect she deserves, the justice she deserves, and whether that means my death or not..."  She pauses, clearly terrified at the sudden reality of the idea.  "...whether it means my death or not, I insist that justice be carried out."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11503 on: November 07, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
"Justice?" Mar states with a sudden sneer forming on his face. "From whose standard are you judging such a thing? Is there some kind of plaque on the wall that tells you what is right and what is wrong? Have you really become so sickeningly human that you're using their ridiculous standards to determine whether you should live or die?"

Mar attempts to shake off his emotions, seeming for a moment to be in pain. "...I do not believe in such things. The standards are too flexible between people and in the end propagate nothing but endless warfare. I am at the moment the only possible way out. Are you really going to throw away the only life you have left?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #11504 on: November 07, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
"I have killed this human girl's closest friend," Myitt says flatly, struggling to keep her expression calm.  "If I were her, I would seek no less than she is seeking.  You may call it 'sickeningly human', but maybe that's what I am."  She laughs tiredly.  "Maybe I'm too human for my own good.  And maybe they, the humans, are right.  I am sorry, but I do not desire your interference this time." 

Myitt looks down at the tile floor, contemplating her own demise, and feeling....and feeling quite at peace about it.