Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197517 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1785 on: August 20, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »
Al shrugged at Sami, "Yeah, I hear you. There are some pretty distinct advantages to advanced technology, but really, it causes people to lose touch with nature, and with the true ways of living." He pumped his fist slightly and put on a melodramatically serious face, pushing his lip forward and furrowing his brow. "Gotta keep the spirit of magic and living alive, man. Technology can only do so much." His smirked at her and shrugged again, " 's why I sometimes like to just go camping, or surviving, or whatever, in some wilderness somewhere. Get away from all the high-tech gadgetry and just be one with the land. You start to lose that in a technological society."

He watched as the man- Sami'd called him "Larry" - whispered something to her, and turned and walked away. "I hope I haven't said anything too offensive," he said, looking after him with mild concern. "I didn't mean to scare him off with my little crown bit. Just trying to lighten the mood."

Al turned to Tamora and chuckled, "You guys are tough to keep track of. A lot of you look so much alike at this bar. You're really giving my human-observation skills a run for your money." He looked from Keshin to Zorish, "Do Yeerks usually use doppelgangers? What about stunt doubles? I used to be a stunt double. It was more dangerous than you'd think."

He laughed and raised a glass to Keshin, "To friends, then. Though I think I prefer making friends in the Furka world. It's just everybody. And I never joke. No, wait, I never tell the truth. No, wait, I do that sometimes too..." He put on a faux-confused look and shrugged, "Something like that, anyway." He laughed, "I mean, yes, we really do use toilet paper for the occasional... let's say 'shenanigans,' but it's always as a joke." His face grew stoic, "A deadly serious joke."

Salem waited, expectant, for a few seconds, and was about to ask Mar a question, when suddenly pain shot through his upper back like a shock. "Aaugh!" he yelped, and tried to bend away from it- to no avail.

And now Mar was speaking again... and really, the pain was becoming more like a tightness than anything else at this point. Far from pleasant, but bearable at least.

"Coulda warned me," he said through gritted teeth. He tried to concentrate on what Mar was asking. Yes, there... with his eyes still closed, he could almost 'see' something... feel it, maybe? Twisting, dark shapes, gathered all around him, flailing, moving, in and out of his 'vision.' Mar'd called them 'uncomfortable,' and that seemed to be a very apt description. They made him extremely uneasy, and Mar wasn't helping with his talk about the "maw of Oblivion" and "mortal death" and such. Mar'd said he had to learn to control this... he laughed internally. That seemed impossible. He was still struggling to comprehend it. This was unlike anything he'd ever seen. It was as though he'd stepped into an entirely different world. Though he was sitting on the floor of his own ship, he felt as though he'd been taken somewhere unfamiliar, a billion lightyears away. A shiver ran down his spine at the thought.

For a few moments, he struggled, looking for himself as a 'glow in the dark.' Things in this perspective didn't seem to work the way they did in the normal world- just turning his head didn't seem to be the right way to look around, not by itself. It was as if he was seeing more what he intended to see, but he couldn't really bring himself to want it enough to look around properly.

Finally, he managed to find a 'glow,' so to speak, but he felt it as much as he 'saw' it, as with the shifting, unsettling shapes. He was still struggling to make the 'image' clearer. He furrowed his brow, trying to concentrate. These things didn't make sense in the way he was used to, but there was definitely some kind of sense to be made of them, he could tell. The trick would be figuring out how to do that.

"I... see it..." he said to Mar, letting out a breath he'd been holding. "I mean... I see me... I think..."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:23:28 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1786 on: August 20, 2011, 06:50:15 PM »
Vogefac looked at Claxter, and tried to shut him out. He needed to focus...

Then he walked out of the room...so much the better. Quieter.

But...he had felt it...he just didn't know what it had been...

He walked outside slowly, eyes closed, to follow Claxter. When he turned to Claxter and opened his eyes...

"Artemis??? But...you were taken by the Gege! How did you..."

After a second of thought, he hung his head in shame, "My apologies, I failed you."
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1787 on: August 20, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Sami giggled at Al, glad her attention had been redirected so expertly. She nodded. "I don't like magic all that much. I respect it. But don't like it. But I do love nature. And technology. Its an odd combination, if you think about it too much." She blushed some and pushed some of her loose hairs behind her ear. She let Al go on with his other friends, her mind once more wandering as she tried to let her senses go. But they always kept pinpointing themselves on Larry again. It was annoying.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1788 on: August 20, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
Mar smirks a bit, thinking Oh, I can see you too Salem inwardly. The part of his mind that was human did not get any pleasure out of what was happening and was confused by the perspective that was being taken. But Mar had no time for such trifles---he had to...finish the arrangement before he was cut off. He had gotten nearly nothing done on this rock since he had come into existence. There were too many distractions. Thinking of Elayne, even in this state, brought him a strange pleasure.

"You'll need to get a good idea of where you are because without such a bearing flight will be impossible," states Mar carefully. He needs to speak as himself; Salem will be too unsettled by anything else. His...puppet. Extension. No. No. He was Mar, was he not? "...the idea is to use the energy around you as a projection of your will. If you can spot an individual tendril and move it, you can use it to lift your body up into the air. That emptiness is as much a part of you as the solid elements are."

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1789 on: August 20, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »
Larry was thinking about what to say to this lovely creature and then a thought came to him. "Well is there anything specific you wish to know about me?" He asked while leaning slightly forward. As he leaned forward a small shaft of light highlighted his face and glinted off of his twin face scars and emphasizing his multicolor eyes as well.

"I am willing to answer any and all questions you have for me." Larry said in a soft tone of voice.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1790 on: August 20, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
Eshen returned to the controls a few minutes later.  They had entered the atmo--re-entry rattling the ship slightly--and were now descending towards the surface of the planet.  "I think I was right," the Yeerk muttered, surveying the scene before her and the...multitude of different creatures there.  "If we're gonna find a cure anywhere, it's probably gonna be here.  Or someone who knows something about it.  I hope."  <<You inspire so much confidence,>> Sydney said dryly.  Eshen couldn't help but chuckle at that. 

She slowed her descent, traveling to an open patch of ground near the ramshackle building.  <<Smaller than I expected,>> Sydney said uncertainly.  <<But we know something's here,>> Eshen pointed out, nodding towards the spaceship.  <<And that's just outside.  There's bound to be more people inside.>>  Fingers tapping across the keys, steady now that the meds were in her system, she went through the launch sequence, allowing the ship to settle down gently on the grass a little ways away from the bar.  "Now," murmured Eshen, grabbing her stuff.  She was dressed in a simple v-neck dark green t-shirt and black pants, with a black utility belt.  A Dracon hung from said belt, along with other small pouches and various tools.  "Let's hope they're not hostile towards insane Controllers here."

<<Just what we need,>> Sydney muttered as Eshen stepped into the open, blinking against the sunlight.  <<People who hate us.>>  "You never know," Eshen muttered, before clamping her mouth shut.  Being on a ship for a while had made her comfortable talking to Sydney verbally.  She would have to quit that now.  They couldn't think that she was...well, she was crazy, but..."Never mind," Eshen muttered as Sydney laughed, then cursed herself again.  Eshen distracted herself with surveying the scene in front of her.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #1791 on: August 21, 2011, 10:06:15 AM »
~~~Artemis~~~

Silver looked up and seen Vogefac. She could have hugged him but was doing good to stand. When she thought thopain had stopped she tried to stand up straight but only swayed back towards Claxter. When Vogefac claimed he had failed her she shook her head. "You did not fail me. I don't know how I ended up here. But this is where I woke up."

~~~Jade Tear~~~

When he leaned forward she was captivated by the deep jewel tones that colored his eyes and was curious as to why they were two different colors. Then she noticed the scars. "Your eyes. They are interesting. What caused the scars and why do you have two colors?" she asked her voice coated with curiosity.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1792 on: August 21, 2011, 10:38:28 AM »
"Last I checked 'stunt doubles' were not part of Empire regulations," Zorish says cooly. He is beginning to grow tired of being mistaken for someone who clearly does not exist, and the accusations are making Tamora anxious.

<<What if she's really here? Or was here?>> Tamora asks, stumbling over the thoughts of a sister supposedly long dead.

<<She is dead, Tamora,>> Zorish sneers, impatience making him become harsh with his host. To prove his point he pulls up an old, dusty memory of Tamora's youth and plays it back to her.

Tamora is sitting on her bed, staring out the window. She can't see well; there is rain streaking the pane and the street lights warp the darkness, making shadows mutate into monsters. Tamora isn't afraid of monsters, though. Not tonight. She has much more important things to look out for.

Zorish speeds the memory up, to an hour or so later.

An older woman who looks very much like Tamora - all blonde hair and blue eyes and freckles - is sitting on the edge of her bed. Tamora hasn't moved, but tears are blurring her vision now instead of rain.

"I'm sorry, sweetie," the older woman says, and she is clearly holding back tears of her own, trying to be strong for the sake of her daughter. "Teresa isn't going to be coming home."

<<Stop it!>> Tamora cries, interrupting the memory. Zorish sighs and tucks it away. He enjoys it no more than Tamora, but he knows that he must stop his host's delusions before she gets carried away. Instead of apologizing to Tamora, Zorish looks up at Keshin.

"I assure you that Tamora has not put any hits out on anyone," Zorish says to him quietly. "And I am very much alive. You are a turelek, then?" He forces himself to smile, despite still feeling bad about hurting Tamora. "How is business?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1793 on: August 21, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
<<I wonder what they're up to,>> Sydney said as Eshen eyed the various species in the entrance to one ship.  "What they do..." Eshen sighed at her constant mistakes, <<Is none of our business.  I'm heading inside.>>

Eshen crossed the grass towards the bar, keeping her eyes on the door.  All eyes must be on her.  They must be staring...wondering ...hating...no.  "Damn paranoia," Eshen muttered under her breath, not even caring that she said it aloud.  A habit that had persisted for months couldn't be turned off easily.  She ignored the fluttering in her stomach from the fear that ate at her.  If there was one thing that Eshen hated most of Sydney's messed up mind, it was the paranoia.  Hallucinations, voices, the occasional jumbled sentence, strange movements, she could deal with.  But that fear...the certainty that everyone was watching, judging, blaming, hating...it made her want to run back to her Bug fighter and hide forever.

However, she made it across the grass and to the door of the bar without incident.  Of course.  She pushed said door open quietly, stepping inside and shutting it behind her.  Eshen paused in the doorway.  It was a little ramshackle on the inside too, but obviously popular.  Several tables had people sitting at them.  Well...people of various species, that is.

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1794 on: August 21, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »
Al smiled at Sami, "So is me camping. Or mayonnaise and ice cream. I've never stopped to think too much about what makes an odd combination. That takes all the fun out of it." He laughed, "And I've always kinda liked magic. Can't do the stuff myself, but some of the Furka people who can always have the most amazing displays for us. For example, ever seen a moose kissing a goose down by the bay?" He frowned and stared into the space behind her, as if lost in some disturbing memory, "because I have..."

He turned back to Zorish with a smirk, "Don't start gettin' my friends into trouble, now."

He caught sight of a newcomer slipping in through the door. Judging by the look on her face, she was probably as confused and suspicious about this place as Salem'd been at first. He tried to catch her eye and send a warm smile her way.

Salem nodded. The emptiness... the thing Mar was saying was a part of him, just like his matter and mass... those failing tendrils whipping through the space around him... he could almost, almost see them. It was as if they were attached to something behind him, and he couldn't see them properly no matter how hard he looked. Or maybe as if they were attached to his back, he thought with a shudder. He was suddenly acutely aware of the pain again.

He spent a few seconds trying to get a good look at one of the tendrils. Each time he thought he could get close, he'd lose sight of the light... what Mar had said was himself. How is it I can lose myself? he wondered dimly. Finally, he sighed and grasped, twice, for one of the strange shapes as he 'felt' it whip and wrap around in space. He couldn't see or feel where he was in relation to them... and he was starting to feel like a bit of an idiot, waving his arms around like that.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1795 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:43 PM »
Vogefac shook his head, "No...I was within reaching distance of you when you disappeared. There is no justification for that. I could've saved you but I failed. Again, just like last time we were at the Bar."

He raised his head, "But I am very glad you are alright."
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1796 on: August 21, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
Claxter reached his ship, and took her to the medical room. <Alright. Just try to rest here. I have a light dose of sedative in case your headache worsens much more, and I will try to find soeone who knows more about Humans to look you over.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1797 on: August 21, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
"Well pertaining to the reason my eyes are different colors, I was born this way, it's something that every few decades a Druid will inherit. According to Druid lore 'He who possess eyes the color of water and plant, possess great insight and knowledge' Since I possessed 'Natures' eyes', as they are called, my tribe felt that I was worthy to face the Prime Evil Lords." Larry explained in a soft voice.

"As to the reason of my scars, they are the scars that prove I was victorious in battle against two of the Prime Evil Lords." He traced the thin scar the started above his right eye and ended below his left. "This one signifies that I killed Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred." Larry traced the thick scar that started above his left eye and ended below his right eye. "This scar signifies that I killed Diablo, the Lord of Terror." Larry said in a soft tone.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1798 on: August 22, 2011, 05:36:23 AM »
Terenia shifts nervously as she watches Ossanlin grow closer, conferring with Mike.

<<I might be able to convince Salem and Efaen that I'm Corliss, but there's no freaking way Corliss' brother is going to buy that,>> she says. <<Maybe we should switch out again before making the call.>> She shifts uncomfortably against the door hatch, not too pleased with the idea of returning to the pool.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1799 on: August 22, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Eshen hesitated a moment longer, before a smile caught her eye.  It was a human, a male, sitting at a table.  She surveyed the other inhabitants of the table...and there were two uniforms of the Empire. 

<<Uh oh,>> Sydney said uneasily.  <<Hang on...that one doesn't look completely regulation.  But...do you recognize the other one?>>  Eshen tried her best not to stare, but...Sydney was right.  The one wearing the more...conventional Imperial uniform (not that the modifications on the other one didn't look bad) was...familiar.  <<I feel like...I dunno.>>  Eshen shook it off, and forced herself to move towards the table.  Like these Yeerks were going to recognize this one runaway.  Sydney's paranoia said that they would, but Eshen did her best to ignore that.

The guy who had smiled at her obviously wanted her to feel more welcome.  And Eshen wasn't the most tactful Yeerk ever, so she walked right up to the table.  "Hi," she said.  She gestured to an empty chair.  "May I?"

Thanks to Bear!