Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 199244 times)

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1770 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:26 AM »
Jade Tear had placed the cloak over the back of her chair and turned back to her glass, where she found a note from the one who had bought her drinks. She read it and then slipped it into the pocket on her cloak, mentally chastising herself for being so rude to him like that. Afterwards she looked up to find someone bowing to her. She blinked surprised. Someone here knew what she was? "I....yes I am." She introduced herself with her native tongue, that windchime fluidness of her words once again flowing and then again in English. "My name is Jade Tear. You are not disturbing me, please, sit if you like.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1771 on: August 20, 2011, 02:11:37 AM »
Larry felt honored to sit with this being and had to say so. "You do me a great honor by allowing me to sit in your prescence, my lady. Excuse my behavior, but in my culture Elves are nothing more than legend stories told to the children. I guess from your world things are much different.. Larry said in an awed voice, but then remembering his manners he continued.

"Excuse my rudeness, my lady. I am Larry Foulke, a Druid from the forests of Sanctuary. I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you come upon this place?" Larry said in a respectful tone of voice.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1772 on: August 20, 2011, 02:21:34 AM »
She blinked surprised, he really did seem in awe. "I'm afraid I am unsure. I was walking in the Virgin Forest upon Elfhome when I turned around and was here. I'm going to guess it was a Natural Gate. An area of Magick that has opened to another dimension." she said. it was the only explanation she could come up with. "I have seen many creatures in my time, but never a Druid, Larry Foulke." she said, trying his name on her tongue and found it slightly odd but intriguing. "The honor is mine."
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1773 on: August 20, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »
"I have heard that Elves possess amazing powers over nature itself. Far greater than what the Druids can do, Is this also true, my lady Jade Tear?" Larry said in wonderment. "I am but a lowly manipulator of flora when compared to our legends of the Elves. Although I understand if they are not true. They are children's stories after all." Larry said in a kind of embarrassed tone while smiling sheepishly.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1774 on: August 20, 2011, 02:44:38 AM »
"Not all Elves posses the same powers. And not all elves are born with magick either. There are different Castes. Depending on your clan, depends on what magick you posses. I am from the Earth clan." she said softly. She was surprsied and yet slightly embarrassed herself.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1775 on: August 20, 2011, 05:51:16 AM »
<Vogefac is in the building, though I haven't seen Thor.> Claxter said as he got to her. <Perhaps I should take you to my ship and give you some medication. Though honestly all of mine is for Andalites. Perhaps someone else has some for Humans.> He moved beside her to help her move.

Ani-Master 2014!

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1776 on: August 20, 2011, 08:15:29 AM »
Silver leaned against Claxtre slightly as she let him lead her back to his ship. "Vogefac is here as......well?" she asked surprised. How in the seven hells did that happen? Something was very odd about that planet and she didn't want to go back.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1777 on: August 20, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »
Sami heard a very interesting voice across the bar and let her sensitiv hearing kick in. She heard a very beautiful and fluent language, that then turned to almost her own. Then Larry's voice. She turned her head to look at him, half smiling. He had found a beautiful female. Her stomach flipped uneasily, but she was unsure why. She didn't want to disturb him, though, and turned her attention back to Al.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1778 on: August 20, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
"The sins of the few?" Serid echoes Jocun with raised eyebrows. "Were not nearly all Yeerks members of the Empire? Did not most of them take unwilling hosts? Entire races were taken without their permission. I hardly feel your sugarcoating is fair."

Then Serid sighs. "Albeit, what you suppose may be true. Andalites are not forgiving creatures... particularly when shame and pride are involved," he admits. "It is a difficult situation, to be sure. Complex and likely without a solution that is satisfactory to all."

Illim shrugs. <<Shoulda coulda woulda,>> he responds, watching Terenia and Efaen.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1779 on: August 20, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
"Yes, whether by choice or not. Of course the choice was whether to be part of the Empire and have access to what they needed to live, or not be in the Empire where they'd be hunted down by both Imperials and Andalites while having to steal sources of Kandrona. As for willing or unwilling hosts, I believe the Council and Vissers took a very dim view of host sympathizing." Jocun said. "Of course all of this was a very gray area.  Still is, actually. Were not andalites also ostracized if they didn't express absolute hatred towards Yeerks? Were they looked down upon if they ever listened to rebels talking of wanting a different way?"

<Yes, he is. He'll probably find us soon enough.> Claxter said as he walked with her. "I might try giving you a bit of sedative once we're there to help you rest, then try to find someone with Human medicine.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1780 on: August 20, 2011, 10:49:03 AM »
"My sister?" Zorish raises his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, I think you must have me confused with someone else. I have many brothers, most of whom I am not in contact with. If you're referring to my host body, she only has a brother."

He tilts his head slightly, giving Keshin an appraising look. "Who are you, exactly?"

Terenia leans Mike's body against the frame of the open hatch, eyes narrowing when she makes out the figure of an Andalite moving towards them. She pushes back the visceral reaction she has towards Ossanlin, reminding herself that he is likely her only hope of regaining humanity.

Folding Mike's arms across his chest she waits as patiently as she is able for him to arrive.

Efaen feels a mix of relief and exasperation when her stalk eyes pick up on her Prince coming near. She still does not trust him, but she hardly was eager to negotiate with the rebel leader herself. Beyond that, she still has her suspicions as to the true loyalty of Ossanlin. She is interested to watch them interact again.

<<Thank you for coming, my Prince,>> she sends him a private thought. <<I apologize if I pulled you away from more pressing matters.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1781 on: August 20, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
Keshin rolls his eyes, taking a sip of his grape juice order. He was never very clear on how the orders at the Bar actually worked---you could seemingly order anything you could think of, and it would just..."show up" when you weren't paying attention. He was pretty sure the Bartender was himself a manifestation of the Bar, but that's about all he knew. "Al, we don't know each other that personally. But when two people save your life in the bounty hunter world, you generally consider them friends for the next cycle. And..."

Keshin raises an eyebrow. "...I can never tell when you're joking or telling the truth with some comments. Did you really need toilet paper?"

Keshin also mutters with a slight turn of his head, "Look, when I met someone with that shape in those clothes...her Yeerk was already dead. She was a voluntary and hired me to kill her sister for creating the circumstances that killed her Yeerk. If that....if you're some kind of other Tamora, then..."

Keshin groans, smacking his forehead. "....then I don't know what's going on anymore. I'm just a turelek."

****************************************************************************************
Mar's four eyes close as he focuses on the twisting, writhing entity sitting hungrily behind him. He wasn't as good at it as he should have been, considering that creature in a very strange sense was him. Mar carefully raises a segment and extends into the field behind Salem, attaching it into his back. This should theoretically allow both Salem to see the entity when his eyes are closed and cause him...mm, a bit of pain.

Mar opens his eyes again. There are now only two of them, and their color is green again. But a pretty startling, impossible lime green. Clearly the forces they are dealing with are...complicated. "Now when your eyes are closed, can you see strange uncomfortable shapes in the void behind your vision? That is...the undead maw of Oblivion. Entropy. The hungry death to which all mortal things fall.  Try to make the image as clear as you can----you'll need to be able to control it. You should also be able to "see" yourself--as a glow in the dark."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:49:41 PM by Shenmue654 »

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1782 on: August 20, 2011, 11:11:32 AM »
"If you are of the Earth Clan, does that mean that you have the ability to manipulate the flora as well? Our legend stories tell of Elves so powerful that they can create entire forests or jungles." Larry said. Although he tried to say it in a normal tone of voice there was still a hint of awe in his voice as well. It was as if he truly couldn't believe that the stories he had heard since childhood were becoming real.

Larry realized that she may want to know more about him, after all she had said that she had never seen a Druid before. It would only make sense that she would be as curious about him as he was of her. "My apologies again, my lady. I question you relentlessly and not allow you the chance to question me." Larry said in his respectful manner.

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #1783 on: August 20, 2011, 01:23:14 PM »
"Do not fret my friend. I wouldn't know where to begin. Many of the stories we had of the Druids were lost to us many tears ago back in the wars. And I do not mind the questions. It helps me from becoming too paranoid of this off place. As for creating vast woodlands as you've asked. I do not know. I have never had cause to try." she said with a gentle smile.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #1784 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:27 PM »
<<You know I don't like it when those kick in when you're flying,>> Sydney said nervously.  Eshen 2249 blinked a bead of sweat out of her eye, trembling hands wrapped in a death grip around the controls of the Bug fighter.  "Would you rather me try to fly when they wear off?"  Eshen said aloud.  It was easier--voices were starting to whisper in her ears again, making it hard to communicate with her host the usual, mental way.  Stupid, lousy pig, one of said voices said to Sydney.  "You try not to crash while listening to that," Eshen continued.  "I've gotta take 'em."

<<Fine,>> Sydney said.  <<You do realize...>>  "Yeah," Eshen said.  With trembling fingers, trying to retain her focus as reality slipped slightly around her, she set the ship to autopilot, locking on to the coordinates.  The buttons seemed to swap, but she closed her eyes and used muscle memory.  It was easier that way.  Once she finished, she crossed to the back of the fighter, plucking the small bottle from its usual spot.  "Second to last dose," Eshen whispered, shaking two of the pills into her hand.  Don't let her take that! a voice screamed.  It's poison!  All of it!  Poison!  She's trying to kill you, and you're falling for it!  Stupid!  Eshen nearly threw the bottle away.  What if they were right?  What if it was poison?  Maybe she could just...

No.  No.  She knew this wasn't real.  Just because her host's mind was...disturbed...d idn't mean she couldn't see that some things were hallucinations.  But staring down at the innocent white pills, she felt a wave of revulsion.  The Empire was probably out to get her for abandoning her post.  They substituted the pills with something else.  No.  Eshen replaced the pill bottle--nearly empty--and grabbed a water bottle.  Hesitating for just a moment longer, she downed the pills before sinking to the ground and closing her eyes, waiting for them to kick in. 

See what you've done? A voice demanded.  They never spoke to Eshen.  Just to Sydney.  You let her kill you!  All because you're too weak to fight back.

This is all your fault, added another.  You could have stopped all of this, but you're too lazy.  You're too much of a failure.

Eshen waited as the voices lapsed back into an almost inaudible murmur at the back of Sydney's mind.  Sydney sighed in relief, a gesture Eshen echoed. 

The Yeerk hauled her host's body to her feet.  The body Eshen was currently inhabiting, Sydney Teralin, was nineteen.  Sydney had been a runner before Eshen came along, and along with Eshen's training to keep her fit to help fight for the Empire, was in pretty good physical condition.  She had short black hair and dark green eyes, along with a spray of freckles dusting across her nose.  She looked like a perfectly innocent human--but Eshen was a pretty darn good shot with a Dracon.  So she was definitely dangerous.  Eshen now surveyed the planet they were coming up on.  <<What is this place, again?>>  Sydney asked.  <<It's a bar, tucked in the corner of the galaxy,>> Eshen said, reverting to mental conversation now that she could be heard.  <<I figure a lot of different people visit this place.  We should be able to get you some help.>>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:27:58 PM by Horsefan1023 (Seal) »
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!