Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212277 times)

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2715 on: December 12, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »
"That," says Bivsitz, "is an excellent question. Mostly politics. Some of my co-workers have decided, in my opinion rather unwisely, that this isolationism is overrated. I disagreed, but money is tight and if I made too much of a fuss, it might be my job rather than their wasteful positions that got cut. Eventually our superiors sent me to do some of their work for them in the hopes that I come around to their point of view. Or, alternatively, that I'm at least on the other side of the galaxy for a sizable fraction of a year, and we don't have to deal with each other."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2716 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:55 AM »
Zorish's lip curls instinctively as Serid approaches. He still hasn't received confirmation that the human is, in fact, an Andalite in disguise, but all evidence points in that direction. If nothing else, he is in league with Ossanlin - by far the most meddlesome Andalite on the planetoid.

Putting his glass to his lips and taking a long drink to hide his expression, Zorish waits for the strange creature's response, curious himself.

Trey sluggishly pulls himself into a sitting position, one hand going to his bandaged head. The edges of the bandage are singed from the ship fire he narrowly survived.

"Headache," he grunts, squinting blearily. "How long was I...?" He yawns hugely, covering his mouth with the crook of his elbow and peering around the room. Very few of the patrons look familiar.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2717 on: December 13, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »
Keshin smirks at Salem coming along with him and Simon. "Can't leave us alone, can you? I guess you're the closest thing we have to a friend at this rotten old place. Let's see what we can get out of this venture. Maybe you'll even form yet another agreement."

<Kess, I don' think...>

<Look, Joanne. I have to be sure. I have to at least try to save you.>

<I was ready ta die a long time ago, Kess.>

<Just because you're ready doesn't mean I am.>

Keshin then stands up, a slightly weary look in his eyes appearing as he follows Simon through the Bar. Why couldn't Joanne see that they needed to take any chance they could get? For her future, their future. They couldn't just give up hope because the circumstances were a little odd.
*****************************************************************************************
Mar frowns as he follows Claxter toward the Skimmer, an odd look in his bright eyes. "So Ossanlin suffered damage as a result of something he did for Terenia. Little idiot becomes more incompetent with each passing day. If she's damaged the War Prince, I will not take well to it."

More specifically, if Ossanlin was permanently damaged he'd be utterly useless to Mar. The Allstone had wiped most of his human self's silly ideas out of his mind for the time being. Granted the situation afforded him an opportunity: if he helped the War Prince, the War Prince would owe him yet another debt. If Mar asked a favor of the Andalite later, any favor, the creature could not afford culturally not to do it and still keep his honor. Mar had learned much of Andalite arrogance and ideals from his time at the Bar. The dimwit leading him was a perfect example.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:53:23 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2718 on: December 13, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
<Me neither.> Claxter said darkly. <If you find enough cause, try not to make it too quick.> Even though it was for different reasons, Claxter felt better about there being someone on this rock that disliked terenia as much as he and Efaen did.

Once the made it onto the ship, Simon showed them the medbay. "Just make yourself comfortable on the table, there, and I'll get something to take a blood sample with." He got the tools he needed out, and took a handheld device to take it. "This will numb the area, take some blood that you won't feel, and patch you up all in one go. Then I'll have the computer do some scans while I get Jocun, and we'll see what it comes up with."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2719 on: December 13, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »
"It sounds as if an internal isolationist policy might also be falling into place," Serid remarks with as close to the semblance of a sense of humor as he can manage.

"In any case, welcome to the Space Bar; nowhere of which I know in the galaxy will you find a more assorted crowd," he adds, glancing around the room as if to make a point.

"Not exactly sure," Elayne confesses to Trey. "I've been sleeping, too. But I think it was a while. Not sure where Mar is... or really anyone else." She sighs and sits back down in her seat as she watches him. "I've probably got some Advil on my ship, if you want it for your head."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2720 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »
Salem whistled as he walked towards Jocun's ship. "Pretty impressive. I don't think I've ever heard of a Yeerk luxury vessel before. Came about after the war, I take it?"

He noted that the beeping in his head remained relatively steady. He frowned. Was there something wrong with his tracker already? He briefly closed his eyes, in an attempt to "feel" for Rathien, but managed to stumble on the uneven ground in that time. This would never do. He'd have to deal with the hunter... and the sooner the better.

He caught sight of a dragon-like alien- his communicator had trilled a moment before to signify the landing of another ship. It must have been that creature's. Salem studied it for only a moment. It didn't look like a species he recognized, but not too far off from a few he'd known, either. Probably worth checking out.

Salem smirked at Keshin, "Hey, I've gotten to taking every opportunity I can. Letting one slip away is rarely a good thing. Maybe this 'Jocun' has something for both of us."

Al stood up and stretched. "I didn't have anything specific in mind. Want to just step outside and check out the people around here? A lot of them are very much worth watching." He headed towards the door, nodding towards the new octopodal occupant of the bar and smirking at Ewa as if to say 'I told you so.'

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2721 on: December 13, 2011, 11:02:50 PM »
"Yeah, this is fairly recent. From what I learned in the history books, this kind of craft wouldn't be war friendly enough to pass. Not that it doesn't have guns, but it's more for comfort than anything else.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2722 on: December 14, 2011, 12:03:30 AM »
Bivsitz takes advantage of Serid's glance to focus through its rear eyes, glancing around the room. Most of the inhabitants seem to be those bipeds, which suits Bivsitz fine. Perhaps the workers back home would want to know more about the new alien species...but that's certainly outside Bivsitz' job assignment.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:21:52 AM by Ember Nickel »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2723 on: December 14, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
Keshin glances around Simon's ship with interest. He recognizes the overall architecture as being Yeerkish, but it seems the Empire's priorities have changed in the last hundred years. The place looks far more hospitable than the cramped Bug fighters and military cruisers the Yeerks of his time have known.

<Nice place.>

<No kidding. Where can we get one of these?>

Keshin then sits awkwardly on the table, looking at Simon and Salem. "Joanne says this feels like the old vaccination days, back when everyone started having to get one. Does your Jocun have anything to trade with a guy as crazy as Salem?"
Mar's grin widens in an unsettling way. "Oh, trust me. If I am ever given the excuse, the little brat will beg for my mercy. And I'm not inclined to give it."

Mar notes the Mirage coming into view and says casually, "So that's Ossanlin's ship. All the other chances I had to see it were made in a bit of a rush. He's been here almost the entire time, but I also get the impression this vessel comes to the Bar often. How else did he and Precious meet?"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:50:35 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2724 on: December 14, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
"And no shortage of meddling Andalites, that is certain," Zorish says, a little testily. He sips his water and gives Serid a flat glare.

<<Zorish, don't start a fight,>> Tamora pleads. <<Especially not if he really is an Andalite.>>

<<He has been in this establishment for longer than two hours. If he is an Andalite, he is limited by his current form.>>

<<I still don't want to fight him! He's bigger than me!>>

Zorish sighs and rubs his temples with his free hand. Tamora's complaints are not helping the throbbing that was brought on by the alcohol leaving his host's system. <<Calm yourself, child, I have no intentions of brawling with an Andalite today.>>

"Yeah...um...yeah," Trey rubs his eyes and lets out a deep exhale. One hand trails into his pocket, where the computer chip that could help him start his rebellion is still safely tucked away. "I need to go home," he admits. He had been sort of avoiding the notion, especially since he didn't have a ship. "I'm just...not sure what to do once I get there. Or how to get there."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:12:38 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2725 on: December 14, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
"Andalites?" echoes Bivsitz, nervously rolling the tube from one foot to another. "Here?"

(OOC: Sorry, I still don't know who's all in the bar so reactions will be a little delayed for a while until I get it sorted out. :p)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2726 on: December 14, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »
"I don't know what he'd be willing to trade. Obviously we have to be careful with our technology." Simon said as he took the blood and had the machine work on it. "If you're a good patient, we'll give you a candy." He said with a slight smile at the talk of vaccinations. He went into another room to retrieve Jocun. When he came back, his disposition was noticably happier.

"Well well. Welcome to my humble ship. I am Jocun. After reviewing Simon's memories, I believe I'm up to date on everything. I'm not sure what kind of things Salem is usually most interested in for a sale."

The computer started showing some information as it went, doing its best to determine possible solutions to the problem.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2727 on: December 14, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
Salem nodded and held out his hand, "Pleased to meet you, Jocun. I typically trade in... well, anything potentially valuable. Not currency. Currency is only useful within the society for which it was designed. Technologies, information, artifacts... anything you might think valuable, I'll at least look at, and offer something in kind." He bowed his head slightly and smiled, "And I do understand the importance of protecting one's technological advantages. I wouldn't be a very good trading partner if I were to just turn around and sell what I receive to your opposition. If we need to draw up contracts for you to feel comfortable trading with me, so be it, but there is no contract more binding than my word."

He cracked his knuckles and looked around, grinning, "So, is there anything you'd like from me? Or anything you'd be willing to offer me? I usually start with small trades- DNA for a trinket, for example- just to make my partners comfortable. If you're willing to consider a more substantial offer, we can just jump right in, as far as I'm concerned."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2728 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
"There are at least two or three that I have seen," Serid answers Bivsitz noncommittally, watching him rather intently as he works to actively ignore Zorish. How does he know? Who told him? he asks himself, trying to think back to previous conversations or contact he has had with the Controller.

"Here, Andalites, humans and Yeerks seem to co-exist peacefully enough," he adds, only then giving Zorish a sharp glance.

Elayne nods slowly as she watches Trey. "Well," she murmurs thoughtfully, "I'm not opposed to helping you out, with my ship. It's not like I've got anything else to do, except try to repair my own rebellion at home, or stay here. But we're also not sure how it'll work out, considering we're from different times. As far as I understand it, there's no way to know if we'd end up in your time or mine."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2729 on: December 14, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »
Ewa briefly glanced over at the many-limbed newcomer Al had indicated as she followed him out the door.  She didn't roll her eyes, nor did she quite smirk, but the sidelong look she sent his way spoke just as eloquently.  "Is that what you're here for?  People watching?"  She paused for a beat.  "Interesting venue, of course, but this really seems the kind of place where people might want to do something."  Like try and escape.  From what I've seen, it would make sense for a secret like that to be kept away from the main bar area.  Assuming there is anything ongoing.  Or concrete.  And assuming he isn't just luring me away from more people so my disappearance is less conspicuous.

Her eyes roamed over the landing bay.  She could also see what was probably a lake, but it was understandably less occupied.

When she turned back to Al her tone became more serious.  "Something important," she stared at him intensely.  "Possibly dangerous, outrageous, and absolutely vital for our continued well being."  She paused for a long moment to let the gravitas sink in.  A hint of something sparked in the back of her eyes.

Deliberately, she raised her chin, then her eyebrows.  "Do you know how to cartwheel?"
Work is for the weak