Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212280 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2730 on: December 15, 2011, 04:40:29 AM »
~Rathien~

Rathien follows the trio to a ship of...interesting... design.  The sights of the Galaxy never ceased to surprise.  He watches Salem, hand straying to his Entroper.  Maybe...possibly... just maybe he could kill this once without the celestial "go-ahead".  His desire to kill wars with his desire to abide his unseen employer, and Salem wastes no time in boarding the vessel.

Fate or no, messy kills were just that, messy.  And trying to kill Salem with others around would still leave a mess.  He does take pride in his work after all...eliminate the target with no collateral damage.  Salem's set-up made that nearly impossible if anyone was within speaking range of him.  He waits at the bottom of the ramp, attempting to listen.  If the ramp closes...well he'll deal with that when the time comes.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2731 on: December 15, 2011, 06:55:57 AM »
"Yes, yes," ZOrish scowls, "it's a completely neutral ground. Absolutely no disagreements here whatsoever, especially not between warring species."

<<Are you being sarcastic?>> Tamora sound surprised. <<You're never sarcastic.>>

<<My nerves are fraying,>> Zorish says, smiling thinly at the octoped whose name he has already forgotten.

"Are you familiar with Andalites?" he asks, judging the creature's reaction to his earlier statement.

Trey shrugs a little, then winces as his head throbs unjustly. "Well my ship isn't taking me anywhere, not after that fire," he says. "And I haven't heard of anyone else from my time coming around. I think I might have to risk it with someone else's ship. Maybe someone around here knows how to figure out which timeline we go back to?"

He glances around the bar hopefully, but doesn't see anyone that looks particularly eager to dispense advice.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:05:14 AM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2732 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »
Jocun shook Salem's hand, and watched his eyes when he talked. He came off as the honest type, at the very least, though having a Leeran controller nearby would have been the surest thing. Not that any was around. "I do have interest in old history, though since you're probably from the past it might not interest you quite as much. I suppose I could show you some medicine. Surely sharing cures for treatable diseases that ran rampant a hundred years ago would help more than hinder. I suppose could part with Simon's DNA, though I don't want to see any clones or morphs of him."

The computer picked up an anomoly outside the ramp, and monitored it. It wouldn't act unless the thing was perceived as a threat.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2733 on: December 15, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
"Oh," says Bivsitz. "That's...uh...reassuring ."

Bivsitz glances at the bartender, trying to see if there's anyone else behind the bar. There doesn't appear to be, and it doesn't look like either of the bipeds have anything personal to gain from Sheyran clientele. Strange.

"I have heard of them," Bivsitz admits. "I have never met one." And definitely wasn't planning on doing so here.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2734 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »
"That's probably for the best," Zorish says, setting his half-empty tumbler back on the bar counter. "They really don't make for the best company. Awful conversationalists, and they pretty much have a tail blade permanently stuck up their butt." Zorish eyes Serid to see if he is goading a reaction out of him.

"Anyways," Zorish goes on, waving one of Tamora's hands blandly. He peers at the octoped, "Any purpose behind your visit, or are you just shipwrecked? It seems like half the people here are."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2735 on: December 15, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »
"Good to know," says Bivsitz, setting the cup on the floor and prodding it gently to swirl the remaining liquid inside. "Thank you."

"I wanted to put off the rest of my trip, mostly. Galactic positioning system recommended this place. I'm pleasantly surprised. Last I checked my ship worked well..." Bivsitz had ridden in on a transport craft which was rather small, although it had room for two and was rather overly weaponized considering its banal purpose. Paranoia ran wild in the Sheyran home system.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:58:06 PM by Ember Nickel »

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2736 on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Al laughed, "I guess people watching is as much what I'm here for as anything these days. Besides, somebody's got to keep Salem out of trouble."

He listened as Ewa went on about doing something... dangerous... critical. Was she in some kind of trouble? Were they all? Did she know something he didn't? This place did seem to be a breeding ground for trouble.

He was so caught up in thought that he nearly missed the way she finished. He laughed. This Ewa... he was starting to like her.

"I'll have you know that you're looking at a six time Capina cartwheel contest master." He immediately put out his hands and went to perform a cartwheel. He got just about to the point of being upside-down before falling backwards and collapsing onto his back. "Of course, I had a different body then," he said sheepishly from the ground, half laughing. "Don't suppose you could do any better."

Salem nodded, "Medicines tend to be fairly limited in scope. Typically only good for one or two species. Doesn't mean I won't at least take a look at them. They might still provide insights. Your history of how the war went after my time is probably also worth looking at. Oh," he said, "Jocun, I am looking to get a number of physiological scans of Yeerks. Or better yet, medical records of Yeerks. Something to get a respectable idea of Yeerks physically. If you'd be willing to let me scan you, outside of your host, that'd be worth something. Any medical records would almost definitely be worth more." He grinned, "And both your DNA and your host's can get you something fun, at least. No clones, no morphs. Not within your universe or this one, at least."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:53:12 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2737 on: December 16, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
"Alright. I can do that." He said. He went to the computer, and had it start loading some information onto a disk. He also went to a sink and wet a rag so when he got out he'd be resting on something moist instead of a dry hand. He exited Simon, and Simon held out his hand so Salem could get a good look at him. Not that there was much to look at. "Sometimes I find it funny that the rulers of our galaxy are so small and helpless without us."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2738 on: December 16, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »
(Sorry about the length, but I need to write up a send-off for Gaz and Morgan. Julian is staying. He's six and a half feet tall and half horse. Like a minotaur but horse instead of bull.)

While sitting at the bar, Morgan and Gaz received a startling message from their 'verse. The anti-Myth group who had been capturing and tormenting Myths under the guise of a CG lab had been rounded up and arrested for their activities. An offer of amnesty was being offered to all of those Myths who had been victims and had since gone rogue. That would include Morgan. Morgan wanted to check it out, but Gaz wasn't sure it was legit so she insisted on coming with.

"It's high time I visited home anyhow," Gaz said as they said their farewells to Julian, who was opting to stay behind.

"Just got here after all," he had said. "I want to check this place out."

Morgan made sure to say a proper farewell to Silver this time, instead of just vanshing and promised that he and Gaz would return once they knew for certain how this would play out.

"Take care of her Julian," Morgan said. And that was it, they were gone. Hopefully things worked out.

Julian walked back inside the bar and glanced around, he walked up to the bar and sat near Bivsitz, who looked like another newcomer to the bar.

"So, you new around here as well?" Julian asked as he got a drink.

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2739 on: December 16, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
"Yes, I am," said Bivsitz curtly, eyeing the range of stools available. Nothing looked particularly comfortable for Sheyran anatomy, but that didn't present too much of a problem; with eight legs to choose from, you could take the weight off a few of them from time to time and still be fine. No harm in staying a while longer, perhaps even another drink...?

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2740 on: December 16, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
"Certainly is an interesting place," Julian commented. "Can't say I've seen such a range of people before, and I've traveled a lot in my time."

After taking a sip of his drink, Julian said, "So, can I ask where you're from? Here, let me get your next drink, what'll it be?"

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2741 on: December 16, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »
"Me neither. Although I...haven't," Bivsitz grumbled.

"I am from..." Would they even recognize the name of his system? "I was most recently based on the planet Taffes. And thank you, my next drink will be a...I'll push my luck. Do they have a Jibz? And in a cup or a bowl with a wide rim, if you can."

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2742 on: December 17, 2011, 03:04:20 AM »
Salem.... that ridiculous cowboy person? Ewa wondered.  Why would Al look after him?  Although she kept the thoughts to herself, she did look at him in askance.

She wasn't quite sure what to make of his expressions while she spoke seriously.  He looked thoughtful and concerned, maybe even a little confused.  It didn't fit in with his character deciding she was paranoid--no wariness or sudden reevaluation--but neither did it really make sense for someone who understood what she was getting at to react that way.  Surely, if he's been here long enough, he'd know about it?  If he was some kind of spy though, he should be more interested in possible escape plans.

Ewa laughed as Al fell over partway through his cartwheel.  "I certainly hope they wouldn't consider you a champion now," she teased.  "Let's see about this..."  She shifted her stance sideways, feet firmly planted more than shoulder-width apart, arms lifted out on either side as she rocked back and forth.  Exactly like a child, she thought with an inward smirk.  A moment later she launched herself into a sloppy cartwheel, her following leg dragging a bit and throwing her off.  Still, she managed not to fall over.

She lifted her head and arms as though proudly accepting a roar of accolades, then she smirked a bit and turned two smooth cartwheels over to Al, where she promptly folded into a seated position on the ground.  "You sure it's the body and not the tux?  I know there are people who will tell you that coordination has nothing to do with your clothing, but have you ever seen a man in a tux cartwheel?  I bet it's the paradox holding you back."

Mostly, Ewa was just teasing him, but she was also curious if he'd expend the energy to change his whole outfit, just for show, similar to what he had done earlier.
Work is for the weak

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2743 on: December 17, 2011, 08:35:55 AM »
Julian shook his head. "Sorry. Can't say I've heard of where you're from. Then again, I probably haven't heard of the places at least half of these people are from."

After taking a sip of his drink, Julian made a motion at the bartender. "I imagine that they just might have what you want. This place seems to have almost anything you can think of."

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2744 on: December 17, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »
"Think nothing of it," said Bivsitz sincerely. "I suppose not. I don't think even my craziest co-workers would recognize all these species."

What passed for Bivsitz' fingers clapped together, limb by limb. "I was pleasantly...they? Do you not work here?"