Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212264 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2745 on: December 17, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
Julian shook his head. "Not me. I'm just passing through. Where I come from I'm the reigning champion sword master. I travel around for competitions."

After taking another sip, Julian said, "Where are my manners? Name's Julian; by the way. Not sure if I introduced myself. I hail from a planet called Eurydice."

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #2746 on: December 17, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »
"You...don't? How were you planning on getting me a drink, then?" Bivsitz said, not grasping enough Galard to have picked up that particular nuance.

"May I ask what a sword is? I am Fybmufe-Pof Bivsitz. I was born on the planet Runtil, but have lived on Taffes for the last few Runtil-years."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #2747 on: December 17, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
"I'll buy the drink for you," replied Julian. He grabbed the sword he carried strapped to his back, it wasn't a fencing sword. More along the lines of something a knight in the old days might have carried.

"This is the sword I use for competition, helped me win quite a few," Julian said. "Not many people make these, I learned how from my father who brought the sport back into style, you could say. Now it's pretty popular where I'm from."

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #2748 on: December 18, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »
((could you guys correct me if i did anything wrong?))
Citrus walked in the bar, and looked around. There were lots of people drinking and having a good time. She went to the counter to order something.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2749 on: December 18, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
Zorish watches curiously as Bivsitz shifts his conversation to yet another unusual creature - one that bears a striking resemblance to an anthropomorphic version of an Earth horse.

<<I think perhaps observing is our best option right now,>> Zorish says, hoisting himself up onto the stool and sipping his drink. He keeps a cautious eye on Serid.

<<You sure we can't go back to the ship?>> Tamora complains. <<I'm sleepy. You made me drink too much.>>

<<In a minute,>> Zorish mutters, trying to remain inconspicuous as he eavesdrops.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2750 on: December 18, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »
The crimson glow of the ship's bug-eye plexi viewscreens briefly illuminates the bar windows, even from across the gravel shipyard. 

With a clunky mechanical whir the Bug fighter's spindly landing gears touch down on the soft earth, pressing into the gravel with talon balancing supports.  Individual hydraulic pumps adjust for the topography and the weight of the ship, sending out hisses of blue steam. 

Crouching there like an armless insect, the Bug broods, engine idling.

When the hatch opens and the ramp extends, crunching into the gravel, its pilot tromps down to ground level on heavy black combat boots.

"Computer, seal exterior hatch, maximum security," the human woman murmurs, and with an electronic bleep the ramp slides back into the threshold.  The black hull of living metal reseals itself like a closing wound.  Then the ship flickers and vanishes.

Myitt One-Nine-Five stuffs her hands into the pockets of her heavy black trenchcoat, heaving a sigh.  Her eyes track emptily down at the gravel, frizz brown hair cascading over her pale, tired white face. 

"Let's go get a drink, kid," she says with a bland twist of her mouth, leaving the invisible ship behind and marching off towards the bar. 

She pushes open the familiar, splintery wooden door and is hit by warmth and stale beer and alien chatter. 

Yes, it was good to be back.

Myitt glances from side to side as she approaches the bar, her ratty blue jeans swishing as she makes haste. 

Pressing her hands against the scratched applique of the bar counter, she murmurs softly to the bartender and slides onto a seat. 

Always her eyes return briefly to the room at large, although she keeps her attention downcast, until the bartender sets a dusty green bottle and a glass in front of her.

Then she grins.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2751 on: December 18, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
Growing disinterested with all the newcomers, Zorish is beginning to think that it might be a good idea to take Tamora up on her request. His host is tired, and a tired host body is an unresponsive host body. Half-heartedly he glances up when he hears the door swing open yet again, then back down at his suspiciously brown glass of water.

He freezes.

<<Was that-?>> Tamora asks, her memories flickering back to the comm link conversation from a few hours previous. Zorish had only spoken with the Yeerk named Myitt One-Nine-Five for a few minutes, but he had committed Myitt's current visage to memory. It wasn't easy to forget the face of your supposed murderer.

All exhaustion forgotten, Zorish finishes off his grimy water and pushes the tumbler away, leaving it for the bartender to deal with. Patting his holster, he checks the dial of his Dracon to ensure that it is safely set to stun.

<<Sorry, Tamora,>> he says dryly. <<It looks like that nap might have to wait.>>

Zorish slips off of the barstool and makes his way past Serid, past the octoped, past the strange horse-man, paying each of them no mind. When he reaches the stool where Myitt is sitting he slides into an empty one next to him.

"Bartender, I'll have another glass of water," Zorish says. He glances over at Myitt, pushing a strand of long, blonde hair behind Tamora's ear.

"I've been waiting for you." His voice is flat.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:49:17 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
« Reply #2752 on: December 18, 2011, 03:46:15 PM »
"I can pay my own way," Bivsitz says skeptically, and then stares at the sword. "Hmm. Well, congratulations. I'm not an athlete myself but I don't mind watching games from time to time."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2753 on: December 18, 2011, 03:49:46 PM »
Myitt looks up from her glass of red liquor.

"Hm?" She peers at Zorish.  "I didn't think you were off duty." 

Idly she sips her drink. 

"What's with the getup?  Tired of spandex?" she continues, grinning into the glass.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2754 on: December 18, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
Zorish's eyes narrow ever so slightly. That was far from the response he had imagined. He glances down at his own Imperial uniform, wondering what spandex had to do with anything.

"I was promised that you would turn up eventually," he continues, trying not to allow his confusion to show in his voice. The bartender returns and places another cup of water in front of him. It seems no cleaner than his last glass, but he grabs it anyways. "From what I understand you are quite the regular here."

He takes a sip of water.

"Although, I must say, I expected a longer wait than two or three hours. I imagine this hole in the wall is a ways away from your base of operations."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2755 on: December 18, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »
Myitt sighs, closing her eyes tightly. 

"Please don't tell me you're some version of Terenia who hates me even worse than the real one," she begs, clinging to the glass of liquor. 

<<Myitt,>> Tara whispers.  <<You don't think...remember that weird ass phone call a year ago?>>

Myitt squints at the woman in the Imperial uniform.  "Or even better," she adds, setting her drink down, "Zorish and Tamora back from the dead?"  She laughs nervously.  "I last spoke with you eleven months ago, if it really is you.  Which...in my opinion is impossible, because you're dead."

<<And the bar never resurrects the dead,>> Tara says dully.  Myitt blinks, a cold chill coming over her.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2756 on: December 18, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »
"Last I checked," Zorish says tersely, "I am very much alive, as is the body I inhabit. Contrary to what I understand to be your best attempts to ensure otherwise."

He makes a face at the gritty texture of the water and places it back on the bar, abandoning it to turn and face Myitt fully.

"Eleven months, hm?" he asks, thoughtfully. "Time truly does pass strangely here. Your brother placed that call for me mere hours ago, after he finished bleating about that pitiful sister of my host's."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2757 on: December 18, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »
"I didn't have a choice, Zorish," Myitt snaps suddenly.  "You were a Sub-Visser of the Yeerk Empire, and you had the knowledge of the whereabouts of the rebellion.  Do me a favor and ask yourself what you would have done, if you were me." 

She turns back to her drink, seething, and downs the last of it. 

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2758 on: December 18, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »
"I don't know the details of the situation," Zorish admits. "The message I intercepted did not specify anything beyond the fact that you successfully destroyed me, and that Terenia had done the same to my host body. Both of which are unacceptable."

He watches her swallow down the red liquor, his nose wrinkling in revulsion. "Your rebellion surely isn't pitiful enough that you do not even have the technology for a proper memory wipe. You presume that my murder was the only option?" He raises his eyebrows. "Or just the easiest?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2759 on: December 18, 2011, 04:31:35 PM »
"It was the safest option," Myitt retorts, quickly pouring another glass.  "You know as well as I do that memory dumps aren't always failsafe."

She swallows a big gulp, grimacing.  "How am I to know you're the same Zorish, anyway?  This place is strange.  You've seen that time is strange here.  You might be harassing me for killing you, and rightfully so, but you and the girl could very well survive in your timeline."  The words sound hollow even to Myitt, and she punctuates the statement with another shot of the antiseptic, mulch-scented booze.