Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 201241 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1665 on: August 11, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »
|VOGEFAC

"I am in tolerable condition. Yourself? And it is a pleasure to meet new friends Jocun. I am in a particularly content mood, seeing as this is my first visit to the bar in decades."

As Ossanlin introduced himself, Vogefacbowed slightly, "Pleased to make your acquaintance, War-Prince Ossanlin. I am Commodore Vogefac, of the Honored Land of Ventii'kaa Province. But you may call me Commodore, or Vogefac."

He turned back to Claxter, "Has anything noticeable occurred at the bar recently? I figured you would not have remained here this long."
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1666 on: August 11, 2011, 01:54:01 PM »
<Time seems to have passed much more slowly here, since we haven't been stationed here for a decade.> Claxter said. <Is Silver still with you, or did you separate? We almost had someone else try to assimilate everyone since you left, but luckily that has been averted with no loss. The second individual, Theta, had no relation to Fredrick though.>

"How often to these kinds of things happen?" Jocun asked.

<I haven't been here for too long, and there have been two incidents. My Prince could answer that question better.>

"Well I promise not to try to take over this rock and have you all infested. Especially since that may disrupt too many timelines and dimensions. I'm just here for fun, food, and maybe some frolic."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1667 on: August 11, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »
Larry decided to allow Sami to lead the way to the lake. "It is over on the left side of the bar." Larry said. He stopped for a moment to look over his right shoulder at Grun, who was lightly dozing on his perch above the door. Larry whistled softly causing Grun to wake up and look over at his master.

Larry jerked his head a bit and immediately Grun flapped his wings, caught a minor updraft, and lazily flew over their heads about thirty feet up. While the large fern that Larry was holding to shield their eyes from the sun blocked their view of Grun, his shadow would sometimes appear on the fern leaf. Larry turned to Sami and said "He will keep an eye out for anything that may endanger us. He is a very brave companion and has even saved my life once or twice so do not discount his reliability."

With that they set off for the lake, which could already be seen about 50 feet in front of them, sparkling in the sunlight.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1668 on: August 11, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Sami smiled and nodded, looking up at the faithful black bird. He was really quite pretty, being as he was not the same as the blades birds on her world. She turned her attention back to the lake and took her arm from Larry's. She ran towards it to see if the could find where she woke up, which she found about 25 feet down the side of the lake, now close to 75 feet from Larry. She knelt down and inspected the bloody spot where she had lain. Sure enough, there were no rocks in the vicinity. Strange... What did I hit my head on then?...

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1669 on: August 11, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
Larry watched Sami run to the lake and then along the shoreline until she stopped and knelt down to the ground. It was obvious that she had found where she had first appeared. Larry walked quickly over to her, dropping the fern as he walked, and looked down at the spot she was inspecting. It was clear by the blood on the ground that Sami had been injured, but there were no rocks that could have caused her injury. A couple of trees were nearby, but not close enough for her to hir her head on.

"Well I do not see anything that you could have hit your head on to cause your injury Sami." Larry said in a confused tone. "Were you perhaps injured before you appeared here, Sami?" Larry asked in a worried tone of voice.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1670 on: August 11, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
Sami nodded a bit absentmindedly. "I would think so. But how? And when and where? And how did I get here..." She sighed and stood, shaking her head a bit. She closed her eyes and covered them with a hand, crossing the other one across her chest, causing her cloak to open down the middle a bit. She tapped her foot as she stood there, then removed her hand from in front of her eyes and opened then. Her hands returned to her sides. "Just one moment..." She closed her eyes once more, and breathed in deeply, opening her senses to the world around her. She could easily smell her own blood and scent, and could feel the very slight temperature change when the black bird companion of Larry's passed overhead. Her skin tingled as a sligt breeze floated by, whisking its way up her cloak some. Her hair tickled her face in the breeze, too. She could smell the lake and the plant life around her, but nothing that seemed out of place amongst them, besides Larry's slightly peculiar smell and her own. She tried to focus more, her brow furrowing, but she could draw nothing more. She opened her eyes and relaxed. "I cannot sense anything out of the ordinary here... So I have no idea how I got here."

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1671 on: August 11, 2011, 05:17:42 PM »
Larry watched Sami as she tried to figure out what had happened to her. He himself understood what she must be feeling, being in a strange new land that is not your own and injured. Without a clue as to what happened it was a very scary situation for Sami, as it had been for himself. When Sami told him to wait he noticed something odd. She had become very still and seemed to be concentrating. As if she was trying to sense something. Normally Larry would assume it was a type of magic, but after her earlier statement he figured that she must have an ability that allowed her to focus her senses.

When she opened her eyes and said she could not sense anything, there was a sadness in her eyes and tone of voice. Larry felt that he should try to help her out. "If you will please allow me to try Sami. I may be able to use my magic to help." Larry said in a tone that would hopefully give Sami confidence. Larry removed his staff from his shoulders and stuck it in the ground in front of him. Larry hovered his hands over the ruby, closed his eyes and concentrated.

His brow began to furrow from his concentration when suddenly the ruby began to softly glow. It was if there was a light inside the ruby that allowed it to glow brighter and brighter. Larry opened his eyes to reveal that they were also glowing, the sapphire blue of his right and the emerald green of his left, were getting brighter by the second.

Suddenly, Larry swung his arms out to his side, causing a gust of warm air to expand around him very quickly. The lake rippled, the sand kicked up in a cloud of dust, and the nearby trees swayed away from him. When the wind died down a moment later, Larry took a deep breath. His eyes were no longer glowing and in fact they seemed to be less colorful then before. Sweat was beginning to bead on his forhead and around his twin scars. The ruby on the staff was no longer glowing either and had returned to it's normal color. All of a sudden Larry dropped to his hands and knees, thoroughly exhausted and breathing erratically.

From thirty feet up Grun had watched the entire time. He had barely needed to adjust his flight pattern when Larry had caused the wind gust. However when Grun saw his master collapse he immediately began to dive to the earth as fast as possible, cawing the entire way down out of concern for his fallen friend.

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1672 on: August 11, 2011, 05:30:25 PM »
Sami frowned and watched Larry curiously as he used his magic. She was entranced when his eyes and the ruby started to glow, and then gasped and stumbled back to fall on her butt when the huge gust of wind was let loose from him. She shielded her eyes from it and the dust that flew up. When it had subsided, she could hear the bird from above let out a very disturbing sound, and looked up to see it diving towards the earth. She could only hope it was to help Larry, and not to hurt her. She crawled over to Larry and patted his back gently, fear and concern written plainly on her face. She wasn't too close, for fear of the protective bird gettint too... well.. protective. She knelt on the ground and bent over a bit so that she could see him. "Are you all right, Larry?" she asked worriedly.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1673 on: August 11, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »
Larry heard Grun cawing and knew that it was coming down to make sure he was all right. He then felt Sami patting him on the back and heard her ask if he was all right. He looked up to see that she was scared and worried about him. He did not want to make it any worse so he tried to ease the tension.

"I told you wind magic is tiring" Larry said in a lighthearted way. Although from the way that he was breathing heavily and the sweat that continued to run down his face, it was quite obvious that he was only saying that to lessen the worry on Sami. It was a nice attempt, but doubtful anybody would fall for his tough-guy act. Well I tried and hopefully she will understand he thought to himself.

Suddenly Grun flared his wings and landed gently on Larry's shoulder-blade. He leaned down and nuzzled against Larry's neck to make sure his master and friend was still alive. Although Larry did not have the strength to pat Grun on the head to reassure him he did say "I'm all right old friend, Sami here is going to help."

Upon hearing this Grun turned his head to regard the female. Since this creature had changed into that strange beast and threatened his master, Grun had been wary of her. However his master seemed to trust her and that meant that he could also trust her. Grun began to slowly walk to where the female was patting his master on the back. When her hand rested for a moment, Grun leaned down and began rubbing his head along her hand. Hopefully conveying that he, Grun, was going to trust her and that she should trust him as well.

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1674 on: August 11, 2011, 05:57:32 PM »
Sami gave a weak smile, knowing he just wanted to sound tough. So she just sat there with him, rubbing hs back some. When his companion perched on his back, she very sowly moved her hand, not wanting to startle him. Larry told him it was all right, and she smiled softly. "Yes. I am here to help." She let her hand rest a moment, and the bird hopped over to her hand. She flinched and tried not to move, again not wanting to startle it. But he just nuzzled her hand. She smiled and giggled softly as she very very slowly lifted her hand to pet his head, tilting her head a bit. "I can pet ou, yes?" she asked. He could obviously understand her because he had understood Larry. Then again, who knew how strong their bond was. Maybe he had really only learned the tones of voice that Larry would use to soothe him and such.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1675 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:23 PM »
When Sami raised her hand slightly Grun did something that he very rarely did with anybody except Larry. He began to rub his body against Sami's fingers so that they were scratching right above his right wing, his favorite spot to be rubbed or scratched.

Larry glanced back and upon seeing this he chuckled. "Well I doubt he's gonna want you to leave us anytime soon." Although he didn't say anything more it was quite apparent that Larry was feeling the same way.

Larry reached into a pouch on his hip and brought out what looked to be a fist-sized clay cup. He handed it to Sami and asked "Could you please get me some water?" in a somewhat breathless voice while pointing the cup towards the lake.

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1676 on: August 11, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Sami giggled and proceeded to scratch him lightly. He seemed to like it alot. Larry mentioned that Grun wouldn't want her to leave. She laughed softly. "I don't either. But then again, I have nowhere else to go..." Her hand fell back to her side a bit sadly. But Larry had asked her to do something. She nodded and took the cup gently from him, going to the lake to kneel down and fill it up. She filled it to the brim and brought it back to Larry, not spilling a single drop while she walked, or while sitting down next to him. She gently held it up to his lips and tilted it some so that he could drink from it.

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1677 on: August 11, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »
Ewa continued to grin as she entered the common room, half skipping towards the table.  I hope they "get along" well.  I will have to go back and check.  There was just something so enthralling about two beautiful, dangerous, conniving men trying to one-up each other like that.

Her mood sobered a bit when her eyes fastened on her small bundle of belongings--including the hidden supplements.  I can't believe Ogreon had access to REAL technology that could do that.  If he managed to bring something like that in, maybe he's working on a way to escape.  There's no way whoever put us all in here would have knowingly let something like that in.  She gathered up her belongings and made her way back down the stairs to the lower level.

Inside the second door was a machine, like Van had said.  After a few moments of trial and error, Ewa managed to get it open.  She was pleasantly surprised to find that her clothes really were clean, dry, and wrinkle-free.  After taking off her boots and slipping out of the robe, she put on all of her upper garments first.  She hadn't felt overly exposed in the robe, but had keenly felt the lack of pockets.  She tucked the bandages and supplements away and then finished getting dressed.

Ewa felt sadly underequipped to deal with whatever twisted trials her kidnapper might have in mind.  I do have some knives though, and that phaser thing.  She figured she might be quick enough with the knives if she could get close and surprise someone, but she was a terrible shot.  They'll be good for bluffing if nothing elseMaybe Van or Rathien has something to spare.... she found herself almost smiling again.
Work is for the weak

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1678 on: August 11, 2011, 07:03:40 PM »
"AI, then," Zorish says, with an apologetic smile to Al. "I did not mean to offend, of course." He pauses, watching Jasper stutter his way to the restroom with a mildly amused expression.

<<He's very strange,>> Tamora observes.

<<Not so strange,>> Zorish responds. <<Perhaps simply not used to being in the presence of a woman?>>

<<Of a - oh, you mean me?>> Tamora sounds shocked by the very idea, which makes Zorish chuckle.

"Is he always so eloquent?" Zorish asks of the android once Jasper has finally departed. He picks his drink back up and takes a healthy swallow.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1679 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »
Larry was impressed when Sami filled the cup and brought it back to him without spilling a single drop. She must have excellent control of her muscles he thought to himself. When she tilted the cup to allow him to drink he was slightly surprised at her action, but drank nonetheless. The cool water helped him regain some energy and he felt that he should try to stand.

Larry leaned back on his heels, causing Grun to hop off his back flap his wings slightly and land on his shoulder. Larry looked over at Grun and spoke softly "I am all right now Grun, you may fly again" At this Grun took off and once again began flying over their heads in a lazy figure eight pattern about thirty feet above them.

Larry moved his right leg forward and planted his foot on the ground and attempted to stand, using his leg as a base. Unfortunately, he had used too much energy in his spell and would not be able to stand on his own. "Sami..." he began and looked at her. It was obvious by the expression on his face that he needed help, but was too proud to actually ask her for it.