Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54708 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #555 on: September 15, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »
Kelran raised one 'eyebrow'
"What does Cody's molecular density have to do with his understanding of your roundabout reference to a conflagration-alert system as a viable distraction?"
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #556 on: September 15, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »
Nichole looked at him, arching an eyebrow. "Are you really that dense? I just told you. Pull the fire alarm. It'll case enough of a panic to take advantage of, which'll buy us a few minutes. At least until the fire department arrives. We just need to make sure that the bomb goes off before then. Plus, that assures us that we have minimal loss of life."
"We want a distraction that will lure people away from the tower, or make them less willing to go there. You want to do something that is sure to bring more people to the place? I didn't know you meant that seriously." Cody said.

"On the other hand, if we blow up the building, the fire department will already be there to make sure any fire doesn't spread to other places. Minimal lives lost, as long as we don't run over any firefighters on our way out." Emily said.

"Okay. Let's go to Yarin's ship and start making bombs."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #557 on: September 15, 2008, 12:36:30 PM »
"What?" Nichole asked Kelran as she reached to put away her laptop. "Ooh, the dense comment. I wasn't referring to his density. It's a coloquial term meaning thick-headed. Dumb. Not that Cody's necessarily dumb. More that he was being dumb. Make sense?"
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #558 on: September 15, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
"ah" Kelran nodded.
"Then.." he leaned over and quietly whispered to Nichole, "I would venture that it would be wise of us to assist Yarin in ensuring he does not cause an explosion as he 'starts making bombs' "
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #559 on: September 15, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
"She's got a thing for aliens." Cody whispered to Emily.

"Apparently, seeing how she gets along with both Yarin and Kelran." Emily whispered back.

"It's only a matter of time before she starts getting friendly with Hu." Cody whispered again. Emily nodded. Giggles ensue.

"Okay." Cody said normally. "Yarin and Kelran can start making bombs. Nichole can help out. I'll see if I can convince Emily to come with me into the building again, to check things out in further detail."

"****roaches again?" Emily said with disgust.

"Yes. Unless you think flies would be more appealing."

"No thanks. I'd rather not handle anymore bugs than I have to."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #560 on: September 15, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »
"Makes sense," Cole whispered back. She paused, hearing the giggles. Something told her that she knew what they were talking about. Cody's comment kinda drove it home, but she didn't say anything about it. She just nodded. However, when Cody and Emily spoke about the bombs, she couldn't resist replying, "Ok you two. But I don't want to see you two making any human-****roach babies due to your 'handelings'."

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #561 on: September 15, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
Kelran rolled his eyes and pointedly diverted the subject. "So Yarin... what kind of explosives have you got?"

((Are we going to have everything go exactly as planned or not?))
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #562 on: September 15, 2008, 07:21:34 PM »
((I don't like it when things "go as planned". Its no fun for me. XD So, I vote no.))

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #563 on: September 15, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »
"It's only a matter of time before she starts getting friendly with Hu." Cody whispered again. Emily nodded. Giggles ensue.
((*Smirks* Hu would be very off-standish on that -- in his mind, he's still married.  But it got a giggle or two from me.))

Hu listened to this half-heartedly.  He knew innocents could be harmed.  He had never been a very violent Smilodite, until he had this weight thrusted upon him.  He couldn't help but think about the power Kelran mentioned, and couldn't help but wonder . . . would the large, savage evolutionary ancestors of the Smilodites be powerful enough?  It was possible.  All one would have to do is get a Smilodite to drink the Devolution Draught.  But Hu was uncertain of the permancy of its effects.  Or the extent of those effects.  Would he be able to keep his mind?  Would he lose out to the savage instincts?

Hu realized then that he was so wrapped up in his thoughts he was left alone, and that he neglected to mention the defenses that Bened might have placed on this machine, this Kandrona thing.  Wait a minute, Hu thought, Bened wouldn't care if the Yeerks lacked their Kandrona, if he could use it to his advantage.  And he would certainly find something to use to his advantage . . .

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #564 on: September 15, 2008, 09:54:48 PM »
((Things don't need to go exactly as planned, though I would like the Kondrona machine to be destroyed. The change with Cody seems to have heppened prematurely, so I'm no longer planning for him to be captured. I will make a post tomorrow.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #565 on: September 16, 2008, 08:23:38 AM »
((well the heat of battle does things to people. maybe things go south, and Kelran argues to leave, and Cody says no, so Kelran has Hu MAKE everyone else skitter, and he tries to get Cody to leave.. and they both get captured and have to endure some imprisonment and torture, and the others have to figure out how to save them  >:D just an overly long thought)))
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #566 on: September 16, 2008, 09:15:05 AM »
((I wouldn't be opposed to that.))

There were five floors in the tower. The Kondrona was held in a sort of attic space. There was a basement just below the first floor, but it was heavily guarded as well.

<There's probably a Yeerk pool entrance down here that they don't want people seeing any more than the Kondrona generator.> Cody said.

<Yeah. It will be quicker getting to the basement, but there's a direct entrace to the pool complex.>

There wasn't a whole lot of security, but there seemed to be hidden rooms scattered around. Rooms normally blocked off, that could hold Hork-Bajir troops in case of an Andalite attack. There were fire alarms in the hallways.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:47 PM »
((I have no qualms about that, Kelran.  Only I think Bened would go out of his way to be the one to do the torturing -- at least to Hu -- because Bened gets off on it.  Besides, he knows what would really torment Hu: his wife and children.  You know, pretending that they're alive (that the corpses Hu saw were clones) when they really are dead or something like that.))

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »
((Cody will be surprised that Bened is still alive, since he figured Hu killed him instead of dragging him to Kelran's cave. I haven't decided yet if I'll have Cody try to kill Bened, or just say that the fact that Hu still cares for Bened after all that is really deep. Simply put, I can't decide if I want Cody to admire Hu, or think he's stupid.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
Yarin was in his ship 'building bombs' as Cody put it, he was  working very fast for a Nyac and incredible fast for a Human, his twenty-four fingers and four arms were moving like blurs as he assembled he weapons.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time