Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54704 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
Kelran was tapping at the crude little keys of Nichole's device when she called, "Yes, come" he said, simply so accustomed to the military phrasing that he couldnt bring himself to say otherwise. "I found your.. erm... crude calculating device by the way."
Kelran passed it back to her, and as he did so his attention shifted to Nichole herself. She seemed like she had been crying recently.
It wasnt something any human, besides one familiar with Nichole, would immediately notice...
But Kelran was incapable of *not* immediately seeing the minute traces of red in her eyes, and the dried and fading traces of tears.

He was simply thankful his feathers and more strongly colored eyes hid his own traces of crying, for he had spent most of the night silently crying to himself. Something he hadnt done since his mother's death.

"You didnt like it. did you."
it was much more a statement than a question.
"The fight. When you went wherever it was you went, you all had to fight. and you didnt like it. did you?"
This time it was more a of question, Kelran's voice was much softer, less judgemental or calculating than it had been since he arrived.
Regardless of how he viewed these humans' flaws, he felt almost a protective instinct for some of them.
Something akin to what an older brother feels for his younger more innocent sister or brother.
It was a feeling almost as alien to Kelran as this world. After all, his own adoptive brother was a companion, not a protectee.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2008, 01:57:07 PM »
She grinned a bit when he said, "Yes, come," her mind going to Star Trek. She took the calculator. "Thanks. You saved my life, figuratively, of course."
She was debating whether she should ask if she could do her work there or if she should just go, when Kelran asked her if she liked the fight. Sort of. She gave him a half smile, remembering her outburst yesterday. "How could you tell?" she asked, her voice a bit sarcastic. Then looking at him, she realized he wasn't being sarcastic or judgemental. "No. I didn't. I-I'm just not cut out for fighting. But I have to." She stopped, trying to keep the tears from rolling again. "Why do you ask?"
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2008, 03:04:41 PM »
((Yarin is certainly not posting as often as he used to.))

Cody had gone to Yarin's ship to talk to him, but it seemed he wasn't there. When he left the ship, he ran into Emily.   

"Hi Cody...why do you have a roach in your hand?"

"It's part of the plan. I was going to get Yarin to help me, but he isn't around." Cody explained what he was going to do, and asked if she would help him. "I'd like to have someone along for backup. Hu can't morph, Nichole left, and I don't see eye to eye with Kelran right now. He wouldn't want to morph something this small, anyway."

"Don't you think maybe you should focus on keeping the team together. You have a nice side, and we like that side. Yu went on that one mission with Kelran, and weren't clawing each other's eyes out by the end of that. You also got Yarin and Nichole together, and we had a really nice double date. Until Hu and Bened crashed the party, that is."

"Yeah, they really crashed it, all right. I just really don't know how to do that. Are you going to help me, or not?"

"Do I have to morph the bug?"

"Yes."

"...Fine. I'm with you."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »
Kelran sighed, "Because.... war is a reality. A reality my mother hated, but my father and I practically live for.
Ironic then isnt it that those who lived by the sword live still, and those who renounced it are dead."

Kelran placed one claw on Nichole's shoulder, the same way a father does when he is saying something of utomst importance. He was careful to keep from slicing her with his talons.
"I am not many years older than you, but I have fought a war for years.
And those who renounce the sword will not escape it.
It may not mean much to you, your disposition is kind, you hate to see suffering or killing....
But as long as you know you are fighting for what is right... and as long as you know that you can do so within your morals,
then you should fight. and yes kill. with a clean concience. I understand its harder for you. Youve been raised in a world of relative peace. Even in times of peace our culture has always been that of the warrior.
But you can learn. You can learn not to balk at the blood, the sparks, the chaos.
You can learn to fight with a clean concience without becoming desensitized.
You can learn new ways of fighting even, but for the sake of your people, you must also learn the most basic ways."
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »
Nichole nodded. She was mildly surprised that her "bubble" of personal space wasn't absolutely throwing a fit because Kelran was standing near enough to lay a claw on her shoulder, but there was something comforting about it. Or maybe it was that he was an alien. "I planned on it. To learn to fight. And, if necessary to kill. I-I have to now. But I don't think I will ever grow to live for it." She paused, grinning a bit. "That didn't sound melodromatic at all...But, and please don't take this the wrong way, because I've already asked you for so many favors, can you teach me? To fight with a clear conscience? Can you teach me the...um..." She snapped her fingers, "basic ways, was it? It's just...it's been years since I've had any formal training in any fighting style, and even then...I was never very good at sparring."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
"The more often they find us at the pool, the more they'll upgrade their security. If I keep telling you about different entrances, they'll figure out you're getting info from somewhere." Emily said.

"Then we'll use an entrance we've used before." Cody said. They morphed bird and flew off to the destroyed cabin.

<So, how do you know Kelran doesn't like morphing small animals?>

<I wanted him to get the same alien bug morph I had, but he threw a fit about it. So I came up with another plan.>

<You compromised.>

<Yeah, I guess. It's not really something the gang leaders I knew would do.>

<We're not a gang, though, and those leaders aren't the kind of leaders you should look up to anyway. You could learn from leaders like Geirge Washington or Abraham Lincoln.>

<Who are they?>

<Leaders and presidents of our country's past. Better than some stubborn ruthless gang leader. Kelran is a good warrior. I've seen him fight. He can be a great asset if you learn how to get along with him. Compromise more.>

<Asset? What's an asset?>

<A benefit. I think he may fight a kind of war that's different than the one we'll be fighting, but he's brave and strong.>

<He wants to leave, though. And not just because I ticked him off.>

They reached the cabin, and morphed roaches to get through and find the entrance. It was tricky trying to find something with different senses, but they did. Once they made it, they demorphed and remorphed before making the descent.

<I will try to teach you how to compromise and find middle ground. That's what's going to get the team back together. Not being all manly and "telling it like it is".>

<Ok. We should be pretty safe as roaches, right?>

<Hork-Bajir eat bark, and Humans dislike roaches. We should be safe from them as long as we steer clear of them. I do worry about Taxxons, though. They eat anything, and have an excellent sense of smell.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2008, 08:36:33 AM »
Kelran smiled. "I would be honored to teach you as much as I can while Im here. You dont have to love the war to be able to win it."
He thought for a moment, "I admit, this will also be something of a learning experience for me. Im well versed in many forms of combat, but the more specific aspects of how to fight in different morphs will be... interesting.
Yes, for as long as I am here, then I will teach you all I can"
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »
(sorry guys my computer is on the frits i have to use the kocal library computer) Yarin returned to his ship the external sensors had told him that Cody had been there he had spent most of that day perfecting how to be human and he thought he had it down to a science.  he went to Kelran's cave to to see if the others were there.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2008, 01:04:06 PM »
"Ok. But first, tell me you get a wireless signal up here. Because I needed my calculator to finish my math homework." She smiled and leaned over, pulling out her laptop from her bag. Through her legs she saw Yarin at the enterance of the cave. "Yarin!" Her face broke out into a grin.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2008, 04:00:41 PM »
Kelran smiled too. "Yarin! perhaps you can help us... Nichole needs.. what did you call it? a wireless signal? Is that anything like a neural-net linkup?"
Nichole proceeded to explain the concept of the internet and viruses and wirless networks. Kelran nodded and in turn told her what a neural-net was. Eseentially a faster internet with more feautres.
"Sounds like you havent developed net-runners yet. Programs that wait at the interlink terminals and kill off malicious programs before they can uplink. And you certainly dont have com-sat planetary signal blanketing. But its not a lost cause, we might still be able to boost the range of your machine's antenna by 2, to 3,000 percent.
Yarin.. What do you know about room temprature superconducting antennae?"
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »
Kandrona radiation was being beamed to the pool from a machine in the ceiling. Using roach morphs, Cody and Emily got to the machine, and managed to get inside. There was a kind of casing between the pipes that ran to the machine, and the dirt, which made it simple to crawl through.

<How long has it been?> Emily asked after a while.

<I don't know. I kind of hoped the generator wasn't very far from the pool, but if it takes us more than two hours to crawl through here we're screwed.>

<I swear we are over if you get me stuck as a roach!>

<What other intelligent roaches are you going to get with if we get stuck?>

<Just keep crawling.>

Finally they made it to the end. They crawled out of another machine, and demorphed in a shady spot where they couldn't feel any vibrations.

The room was quite plain, and the only way out was through one door. There was a window in the ceiling, but it didn't open.

"That's probably to let sunlight in to the generator. The generator converts our sun's energy into kandrona radiation, and pumps it to the pool." Emily said quietly.

"We'll need help to get in here with force and destroy something that big."

They remorphed roaches, and left was appeared to be a heavily secured tower, then made for Kelran's cave. When they arrived, they found Nichole and Yarin there as well.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
((I'm not going to be able to post as frequently as I usually do, unfortunately.  My internet really has decided to screw me over.  I won't go into details.))

Hu continued to examine Earth plants, figuring that some might have similiarities to his home world's flora, and there by being able to create more of his powders and potions.  He knew how to make more of the Devolution Draught . . . but he really didn't want to use it, on himself or others.

When he arrived back at the cave, he discovered that Kelran was speaking to Yarin and the human called Nichole.  Hu proceeded to process the plants he collected into experimental powders and potions, unsure if the substitutions would work.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2008, 07:32:46 AM »
"Well," Yarin said to Kelran "I am only versed in the basic mechanics and installation of such a device.  My field of study is genetics but I could make it work."
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2008, 08:07:39 AM »
"Hey guys." Cody said as he and Emily walked in. "We know where the kandrona generator is. If we destroy it, we could really hurt the Yeerks. We will need some help, though, so does anyone want to come along?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2008, 08:48:47 AM »
Kelran turned suddenly stony, though not hostile. "Kandrona generator? I don't follow.
Kandrona's are a kind of intensely rare energy produced by type R secondary sequence stars.... theyre very rare, deemed unsuitable for colonization because the radiation causes co-dependancy over generations.... Oh. Dont tell me." He turned to Emily,
"The Yeerks come from a Kandrona star system?"
She nodded.
"That makes them dependant. No wonder they need a generator. But unless they're even more advanced than my people it would be quite a large device.... wouldnt we need some serious fire power to render it inoperable?"
Until it is no more....