Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54749 times)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2008, 07:36:42 AM »
"Ok, thanks," she said smiling and turning to him. "Night." She pressed a button on the wall, hoping it would close the door. She was right. What she didn't know was that she had accidentally locked it also. Then she took off her bra, frowning. Finally she just threw it on the floor and laid down, kicking off her shoes and keeping her jeans on, just in case Cody came back while she was napping.
At three am she got a frantic call from her roommate.
"Hello?" Cole mumbled tiredly, a bit of annoyance evident in her voice.
"Oh, thank goodness! I just got back to the dorm, and when I didn't see you, I panicked."
"Oh, yeah. Um...about that. I'm, uh, staying over at a friend's. I'll make it to class and everything, don't worry."
"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Uh, huh." With that, Nick hung up the phone. Then she glanced at the time and groaned. "I'm never going to get back to sleep," she mumbled, laying her head in the gel bed.
Sighing, she got up and dressed herself propperly, raking what she could only assume was her red bangs across to the left side, where they were normally.
Then she tried to open the door. It wouldn't open.
She tried again, pushing harder on the button. It remained stubbornly closed.
Finally she knocked on the door. "Yarin?" A little harder. "Yarin?" Then she beat on the door, yelling as loud as she could, which was, admittedly, fairly loud for someone as quiet as her. "Yarin!"
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2008, 09:45:29 AM »
Yarin woke up suddenly his skin changing to a deep blue momentarily due to his surprise.  He regained his composer and walked over to where  Nichole was staying.  "Yarin!" She yelled. "The doors locked." "Do not panic I will open the door, are you encased in your senthetic fibers?" What? she replied confused "Oh you mean am I dressed, yes I am." And with that Yarin opened the door.  "I think I'll stay out here." she said.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »
She paused, glancing at the time on her cell phone. "Well, that was interesting. Sorry for waking you, by the by. I didn't realize I had accidentally locked the door." She paused. "Not to be rude or anything, but do you have food here?"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »
"I have food but I am not sure if it is safe for you to eat, I am not a  expert on human eating habits. But I believe I have something that won't cause you any physical discomfort." Yarin said as he spoke to his ship's computer in his own language. a few seconds later a plate with a variety of foods apeared he handed it to Nichole. "Here try this." he said.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »
Cody's POV:

Cody trotted towards Yarin's ship in cat morph. He stayed a cat because he wanted more experience with it. The best thing that came from learning of the Yeerks was getting the ability to morph. Or bio mimic, as Kelran said. Like the eagle, the cat took and interest in rodents and small birds.

There were some ducks in a pond, but they were a bit big for Cody's cat, and they were swimming in the water. The cat didn't want to go for a swim. There was a shrew wondering around in the early morning light, but it managed to escape when Cody tried to catch it.

Breakfast came in the form of raccoon roadkill. It was pretty fresh, and Cody dragged it to a ditch and started eating. After killing the hunger craving, he started feeling bad about what he was doing. It was odd, since he never cared if anyone caught him dumpster diving or anything before.

<Maybe it's because my new friends might not understand.> He said. Yarin read his mind during the time that he was becoming an adult, but the others would probably be revolted. Would they understand that food is food, and that beggars can't be choosers? Or would they feel it better for Cody to leech off of them when his money got low? Would they lose respect for him as their boss if they saw hm eating roadkill?

<Dead is dead, and meat is meat. Whether you drag it off the road, or buy it at the market.> He said as he left the raccoon to the crows. Soon he made it to Yarin's place and demorphed.

((I hope Kelran posts soon. We need to figure out if he would spend the night near Yarin's ship, or do something else.))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:43:08 AM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2008, 11:18:15 AM »
((righto... its ironic, despite head butting Kelran and Cody have alot of things in common  :P ))

Jason didnt have time to explain the morphing and aquiring process, at the exact moment he was going to open his mouth am a-tonal sound began broadcasting throuought the ship.
"Its time...."
Without any other explanation Kelran practically dragged Jason back to the bridge.
"On my mark, you take this..." Kelran produced a small metal capped plastic glowing rod and pressed it between Jason's thumb and forefinger, "And you insert it into this slot" He pointed to one of several slots of circular shape embedded into one of the rear consoles.

Kelran withdrew another similar tiny cylinder holding it between two of his talons with remarkable precision.
"Computer, recognize authorization access 11386. Confirm critical system damage and confirm that I am the last ranking member of SFC aboard"
The computer broadcasted a reply tone. "Working...... verified. authorization confirmed, critical system damage confrimed, rank confirmed. ready"
"Computer, begin auto-destruct sequence Beta. Set countdown for 2 deci-rotations, no further audio warnings."
"Affirmed, awaiting final code and simultaneous isolinear rod insetion."
"Final code, Iskithari-Gamma-2247. 10 pings to rod insertion"
Kelran poised his rod over the slot, motioning for Jason to do likewise... "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."
Kelran and Jason jammed their rods into the slots simultaneously.
"Rod-data recognized, authorization confirmed, 1 deci-rotation and 99 pings to auto-destruct. there will be no further audio warnings"
"Time to make an exit... you had better do whatever it is you animal morphers do....."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:28:10 PM by Kelran-Isthinar »
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »
((I speak his name, and he comes! I wish Katherine Applegate would post on the forums soon...))

((Since I wanted to go ahead and post about Cody spending the night with emily and everything, maybe you can go ahead and fast forward past the ship exploding and all.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »
((It leaves poor Jason in quite a haze of action.. but oh well, explosions are my specialty  >:D ))

Jason began to morph... Kelran was, in truth, more than a little put off by the process. But he had seen some nasty things once or twice, and the change from a humanoid to an avian was not the worst.
If Jason's 'morph' was any indication this planet certainly had bird life....
The two took flight, straight out the hole in the side of the bridge.
Kelran's wingspan was absolutely immense and awesome to behold when he finally took full flight.
"Quickly quickly QUICKLY!" he shouted down to Jason who as about 4 feet below him....

Back on the Legacy the computer continued to silently wind down...
==7==6==5==4==3==2==COMMIT==1==..........
Inside the reactor core matter and anti-matter in the form of Cirillium slush mixtures had been colliding and anniahlating ever since the reactor was brought online, now the reaction controls and the thermionic conductor field that mediated the reaction had reached their peak, well beyond the redline. An explosion was inevitable, but still controllable providing ships systems ensured that the antimatter exploded properly rather than totally.
In the milliseond after '==1==' The computer shifted the focus vertex of the field to just the right vector.
The reaction tipped just slightly, even as the computer opened the fuel pods all the way and deactivated the backflow failsafes. Then the Computer ceased to exist.
Matter and Antimatter collided and anniahlated, transcending into pure energy, as light and force.
If one could have gotten a time lapse view of the engine room the core would have appeard to brighten then dissolve into pure light.

Jason and Kelran turned to watch from far above....
The ship seemed to brighten and glow with a piercing force.... visible at this hour of the evening from miles and miles away no doubt as a glow in the sky.
then for a split second there was nothing but a tiny point of swirling crackling blue sparks... the ship was gone, leaving only the marks of its passing.
All of this lasted approximately 0.68 seconds.
Then the explosion came.
All the matter of the ship, its fuel, and everything in it and a bit of the surrounding landscape were suddenly reorganized into energy and released.
If the light had been blinding before, it was solar-like now. And deafening, later news reports claimed the sound was heard as much as 18 miles from the site.
The entire Lake-bed area simply blew apart. Atoms collided, transcended into energy, regressed into basic elements, altered charge wildly.....
The shockwaves actually produced a small earthquake tremor, and for a short while Kelran and Jason couldnt even fly straight through the turbulence.
When the effect dissipated there was nothing left. The Lakebed for a full square mile was nothing but a perfectly round, perfectly smooth perfectly scoured carbonized crater.
"Thank heavens it worked properly..." Kelran said in a subdued voice.
<What would have happened if it hadnt worked properly?> Jason asked.
Kelran turned to look at him, fixing him with a dead serious gaze, his wingbeats didnt falter, he didnt miss a beat,
"The same thing, only it would have wiped this entire continental formation away, and split the planet halfway to its core, instead of wiping out a mere square klik or so. We wouldnt have had time to realize what was happening before our atoms ceased to be atoms and became anti-protons."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:25:38 PM by Kelran-Isthinar »
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2008, 08:42:46 PM »
<Great,> Jason muttered to himself in private thought speech, <why does everything happen to me.  First the Yeerk Pool and now alien ship blowing up.  Just what I need.>  Jason wondered what Cody was up to that he got left with helping Kelran.  <Next time, I get to leave and he does the work.>  He turned his attention to Kelran.  <I think we better find a place for you to take cover so no one finds you.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »
((I didn't mean to write it out that cody ditched Jason and Kelran. I tried to write it out so we could skip that part. I wanted to post about him getting back to Emily, so I figured we'd skip the posting about the ship blowing up. But you guys wanted to post about it anyway. Now I've got nothing to post because as far as Cody is concerned it's already morning.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:06:46 PM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2008, 03:18:05 PM »
((I'll try and catch Yarin and Nick up in this post, but no promises. Plus, it's only like 3 am in their little world. And Kelran needs a place to stay. o.O))

Tentatively, she reached out and tried something. "It's...not bad. You mind if I take this to my room?" Yarin didn't seem to, so she went back and fell asleep about an hour later.
She finally woke again when it was morning, and fortunately didn't lock herself in the room.

((Ok. Nick's caught up to Cody, or there about.))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2008, 03:59:58 PM »
Cody opened the hatch to Yarin's ship, and started making his way to what he liked to call the super bed of ecstasy. However, he saw Nichole in the main bridge area first. Yarin soon came out of his room, and began turning a tinge of gold when he saw Cody.

"Hey Nichole. You spent the night with Yarin? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. I was really tired last night. I think morphing takes more out of me than the rest of you."

"That's good to know, for future reference."

<Nothing of interest happened between us last night. We merely slept in separate rooms.>

"That might be for the best. You two are from different worlds. Literally. I however, was in the same bed with Emily for a few minutes. I was a cat at the time, but I was a male cat. She made me purr." Cody said before heading into his room for some real sleep.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:04:03 PM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
"How on earth do you combine cute, sexy, and horribly perverted into one phrase?" Cole mused, shaking her head as Cody left. "Well, I should probably head off to school. Call me if anything of interest happens."
With that, she departed from the ship and morphed seagull, since it would be faster than running. She just hoped she'd have enough time to swing by her dorm before class.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #238 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »
After Nichole left Yarin turned to Cody, "So what actually occurred between you and Emily?" Yarin said switching to vocal communication.  Cody stared at him incredulously.  "What, I am a young male you are a young male is this not what we talk about?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2008, 05:16:30 PM »
After Nichole left Yarin turned to Cody, "So what actually occurred between you and Emily?" Yarin said switching to vocal communication.  Cody stared at him incredulously.  "What, I am a young male you are a young male is this not what we talk about?"

"Yeah, actually. Guys often talk about girls." Cody said. "I found a cat and morphed it, and went to Emily's place where her window was open. She invited me in, and we laid on the bed until she kind of drifted off. Then I got up, went outside, and demorphed. She likes my company, but I'm not sure if it's because she's into me or if it's because she's just afraid of the Yeerks."

"Two teenagers of the opposite sex don't usually spend time in one bed together unless they're intimate, or siblings. You know? But it was ok. I'm a man of restraint."

"In your case, it seems Nichole is into you. I'm not sure if it's because she thinks you're sure, or if it's just because you're an alien. I don't know anything about long term relationships, especially inter-species ones, so you and her being together could go bad or good as far as I know."

Ani-Master 2014!