Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54741 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2008, 11:01:40 PM »
Alrighty, then I give a brief biography of this character, if I have time (I have to share this computer):

Name: Hu Tyger
Home Planet: Aruten
Species: Smilodite (lives about eight to ten Aruten years)
Description: Eight foot tall on average, bipedal, orange furred with large saber teeth, Wolverine-like claws made up of bone, keratin, and cuticle.  Feline tails which becomes tufted when they become masters of their guilds.  Head similar to a tiger, with males being larger, and possessing the ruff around their head.  Clothing similar to Mideval humans, where master mages wear dark cloaks.  All apprentices where watch-like devices which carry an encyclopedic database within it using a hard-light tech and can function as translators.
History:  Hu (pronounced the same as "Hugh") comes from a planet somewhat similar to Earth, called Aruten.  He dwells within the Ood Forest, among the ancient and long-forgotten temples.  He had a gray cloak and the watch device called an "Encarta" bestowed upon him by his master, his father, at the beginning of his training.  It turns out that this temple is hiding a secret, a secret so terrible and unpredictable that the temple was built to conceal and seal it away.  Eventually Hu is betrayed, his wife and children (he is of the age that his expected have them) are slain.
Personality: On Aruten, Hu was a normal young adult, happy to be a family man, and dedicated to his magical training, but this changes when he's betrayed by someone close to him.  When the terrible secret hidden within the temple is unleashed, he is transported to earth.

I suppose that's all the necessary info, up front.  Next post, (well the one after the one immediately following this) I'll start the backstory up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:58:13 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »
((I object! Why? Because I've always wanted to shout that out for no real apparent reason. I'm with the guys. The more the merrier. So, come on in and join the madness!  ;D ))
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2008, 12:56:26 AM »
Alright, but I'll need more info . . . I'll modify the last post and put an asterisk (*) next to new info.  By the way, when he comes to earth, I think I want him to be a bit Batman-esque -- brooding and untrusting, at first.  You'll see why later.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:06:15 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:27 AM »
((I don't know about him having magic. This is a science fiction story. Otherwise, I'm happy to have you along CloakedFigure.))

"We are a fairly primitive race, as far as space travel goes. We have never seen anything outside of our solar system, and for some odd reason the general populace of America doesn't believe aliens exist. Their god never mentioned anything living outside of this planet when he instructed the ancient people to write the holy book called the Bible, and some people believe that if it isn't in that book it isn't true. It's sad, really."

"We don't have much in the way of spacecraft, though we can send a few people in a rocket up to the moon."

"We were visited by an Andalite that was part of a military force that tried to defeat the Yeerks in orbit, but they failed. He gave us a box that allows us to morph into any animal we can touch, and that's our weapon. Even if we tried to tell anyone about alien parasites, half of them wouldn't believe us and the other half would be controllers. That's what we call an infested Human or other creature."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2008, 10:48:50 AM »
(It's not really magic.  It's basically their term for technology and medicine.  And Mage is basically a political figure.  It's not Potter magic where they wave wands or such.  Oh, and I almost forgot --)

It was a quiet day.  Hu looked up at the monochromatic sky, and saw that dark clouds were rolling toward the west.  Toward home.  He had taken his wife, Lilas, and his twin boys (multiple births were common on Aruten) to see the most recent Sage-approved launch.

Hu really didn't see the reason why there were so much interest in the stars.  He was never much of an Explorer.  He was perfectly happy to discover the surprises and secrets of his own world.  And he was only too happy to remain on his planet with his family.  He was happier then he could ever remember.

Little did he know that this happiness was all about come to an end.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:56:56 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
((Oh, good. No psudo Latin, right? 'Cause I would know. I would know like I know my way around campus. *Proceeds to get lost for an HOUR about 5 minutes from where she needs to be* < Sadly, that did happen Monday. It wasn't exactly my best moment.))

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »
(No, Traycon, no dog latin, pig latin, or even pseudo latin (maybe some deep-throated purring-like noises) -- except you're talking about the names of some of the creatures on their planet . . . I mean Smilodite --> Smilodon.  And, BTW, they believe they live nine lives before moving on, with no memories of it, though.)

A few days after the spectacle that was the launch, Hu was returning home from the market, when he noticed that his house, which was primitive by other sentient species that had visited the planet in the past, had the air of something wrong.

The door was barely clinging on by one hinge.  Hu cursed himself for leaving his wife and children alone -- he should have taken them to the market with him.  He immediately dropped his purchases.  And dashed inside, shouting his family's names.

"Lilas!  Tylos!  Felios!"

Then Hu saw something that he wished all his lives, if he had more then one, that he could forget.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2008, 10:22:50 PM »
(lol no offense cloakedfigure but now im lost i don't know where we left off.)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
(I was afraid I killed the thread. . . . Why would I take offense yarin?  You've said nothing offensive.)
(Hu is still on his planet/dimension or whatever.  You guys are, I think, doing something with Kelran.  Hu hasn't exactly come into the picture yet.  When he comes, he'll be angry, untrusting, and stubborn.)
(Remember, for Smilodites, the term "magic" is synomous (sp) with "technology".)

Hu cradled his loved ones for some time before he recognized the slashings on their bodies being Smilodite in origin.  This was serious.  Whoever commited this act broke Langon's Law, which explicitly forbids the using of claws in such a manner.

Suddenly, he sensed that the Temple where a terrible magic is held.  It had been his tribe's duty to protect the secret.  Hu didn't know what the secret was, but apparently it was dangerous enough that his family, sans his father -- who was also his Mage Master -- to be murdered.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:24:26 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »
((I'm currently waiting for Kelran to reply to what Cody said before posting. I'm fine with magic being synonymous with technology, as far as Smilodites go. I have no more nitpicks to pick.))

((If Kelran takes to long, then I'll do something with Emily. Oh, wait. *ahem* I wish Kelran would post soon. Okay, he should be here shortly. :)))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2008, 08:00:43 AM »
((*Giggles* I'm gonna die laughing if he posts before me.))

The second Cole's class let out, she was back at the dorm, practically throwing her stuff on the floor before running outside to a secluded area to morph. She scanned the area a few times before beginning the morph, taking to the skies before the part of her brain that usually freaked out over this matter could stop her. She had about five hours until her next class, and she hoped it didn't take her that long to find the boys.
Whether fortunately or unfortunately, Cole could not keep the bird on track for more than a few minutes and ended up flying in a different direction than from the crash site. And ended up around where Yarin, Kelran, and Cody were. <Coming in for a landing,> she said, her voice mixed with both fear and excitement.
She landed on the ground in a sort of crumpled heap. Bones cracked and straitened themselves as she demorphed, ending up with her legs touching the ground above her head. She swung her legs back so she was laying on her back and blew hair out of her face. "Hey, guys. Did ya miss me?"

((A few minutes ago: *Glances to see who's online* o.O Kelran's listed as being online. Oh,mighty Daphnes. I worship thee and thy mighty power. XD.))
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:11:03 AM by traycon3 »

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2008, 08:10:33 AM »
(ah thank you traycon i remembered where yarin was) 
"Hello Nichole, Kelran and I were just exchange biological information on our species."
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
"Cool, cool," she said with a grin. "You mind if I listen in?" She brushed her hair back with her hand, suceeding in making her red bangs mix with her brown/blond hair. Some of the bangs were sticking up, while other parts had fallen back into place, settling over her left eye. She sighed. "I really need to get a hair cut."

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2008, 08:30:52 AM »
"Why would you release your Cranial fibers would that not cause you pain?"  Yarin asked.  he turned back to Kelran "As I was saying my people evolved from small arborial mammals. we have chromonetic blood that changes color depending on atmospheric content and males have chromatophores they used to be for mating before we fully evolved now they are just decorative."

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
Cole's eye twitched as she listened to this conversation. She felt a bit awkward simply lying on the ground, so she sat up, brushing her hair into place and began drawing in the dirt with her index finger while she listened. What she hadn't realized was that she was crudly drawing the last time they saw the Andalite. Plus the blue box. At least that looked like a box.