Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54745 times)

Offline jmnar4

Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »
All this while Jason was busy helping Kelran find a place to hide.  He finally found a suitable place, a rocky area on the side of a hill, full of hiding places large enough for something the size of Kelran to hide.  <This should do for now.> Jason said to Kelran, and to himself he muttered <I hope.>  Jason landed and demorphed.  He sat down, exhausted from the morphing, working, and flying.  "I've been meaning to ask you Kelran, why and how did you end up here anyways?"

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2008, 11:08:47 AM »
((I think Ill pull an Ax maneuver and not divulge everything at once....  ;) ))

Kelran Pulled his sword and sash off his shoulders, un-fastened and shed most of his armor, and flopped down on one of the sunniest rocks, looking much the same as a lion on one of those Discovery channel shows, but at the same time looking like an eagle on his perch.

"You know, for a mammal you have a good instinct for habitat." Kelran chuckled.
Then he sighed and seemed distant for a few moments... "I'm exhuasted, so Ill make this brief and tell the whole story later when we have everyone else..."
He ruffled his feathers and re-positoned his wings slightly.
"I don't suppose you've ever heard of the Kelbrid? no? nasty brutish people... there are two subspecies of Kelbrid, Kelbrid-thane and Kelbrid-nas. The Kelbrid-Thane are huge, imagine one of your kind, but twice as tall, immense musculature, and a red-granite-like rough gravelly armor tough skin. Their intelligence factor is renown for being extreemly low.
The 'nas are a different story entirely, a very rare strain of Kelbrid, they are thin, wiry, angular faced, soft skinned, and incredibly intelligent.  As you might Imagine, the 'nas rule, the 'thane serve and fight. We have never known a 'than to command a starship, or a 'nas to fight hand to talon."
Kelran sighed... "But if you meet one, either one, youll be doing the universe a favor if you gut it in the most painfully efficient manner possible. The 'thane are blood-lusting un-scrupulous killers, living only to make others die, and the 'nas are even colder and far more calculating.... Id like to think I killed at least 800 of them the last time we met...."
Kelran's voice had been getting lower and lower... Even Jason, who didnt know him especially well, could see that he was angry at the Kelbrid. very angry.

The Gryphon relaxed a little and continued... "Despite being a warrior race, we are also a race of curiosity. One of our latest projects was the Gravitic Vector Gate, a device that would use a graviton saturated verteron matrix of particles to foce a co-herent z-space tunnel and..." Kelran stopped, ****ed his head, "You have no clue what I just said do you? Very well, to put it simply, it would cataplut a ship as much as half a galaxy in little less than an hour. And it would do so undetectably and unstoppably. Needless to say its a technology with many applications. Normal Slipspace drives are fast, but not 1/300th *that* fast."

Kelran ran one claw through his head feathers, much the same way any person runs their hand through their hair, the sun glinted slightly off the iridescent patterns on his head, making him look for a split second like some character of a new fantasy video game...
As he continued, he stared off down the mountainside into the thick trees and underbrush, far away he could hear the sounds of some kind of vehicle traversing a road.
"While we were performing tests of the GVG, the Kelbrid launched a surprise attack, with numbers far in excess of ours. I was.... assigned to a ship called the Legacy. Another prototype, it uses Multi-Vectored assault technology..." Kelran paused to see if Jason knew what that meant, he sighed and explained, "It allows the ship to split into several differently sized sections with independant weapons and power, effectively tripling the firepower provided by the unit.
As I said, there were still simply too many Kelbrid, at least a full attack wing. But I knew I couldnt let them get hold of the GVG, if they did their tactical assaults would be undetectable and unstoppable, and they could reach every corner of every galaxy in our cluster...
I... erm.. stole the forward section of the Legacy. I docked with the GVG, and used my slipspace drive at the same instant.
I was fairly certain that the tachyon grid of the drive would produce an explosive reaction in the gate's verteron matrices. Turns out I was right. I didnt even expect to survive, but somehow the gate's z-space corridor and my slipspace field merged and actually worked... well.. somewhat. When I arrived in orbit I was too damaged to even discover where I was, and so I crashed."

Kelran desperately hoped Jason wouldnt wonder why there were apparently no crew in the section of the Legacy he stole, and that he would ask more about the SFC, or Kelran's 'rank'

The Gryphon yawned, an oddly amusing sight, "So tell me about this world... what is it called? and how long have you had Faster Than Light space travel?"

Jason got an odd look on his face, and somewhere deep in the pit of his stomach Kelran knew what the answer to his question would be.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:13:00 AM by Kelran-Isthinar »
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #242 on: August 22, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »
"What should I do about Nichole?" Yarin asked Cody.  "Should I take things slowly?"  He was not exactly sure why he was asking Cody who had never been in a long term relationship. "How long should I wait before mating?  Should I mate in my own body or in my human morph?"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:00:59 PM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2008, 01:09:13 PM »
"The first thing I'd do is try to figure out if she's interested in you because of who you are, or if it's just because you're an alien. Personally, I like you so far. It's possible she really likes you too. You could go on a date with her. Take her out to dinner, or to a club and dance. That would require some money, but Jason and I could think of a way to get you some cash."

"I could also teach you how to dance. Dancing is very important when it comes to dating."

"As far as mating goes, you should probably start in Human form. Maybe after getting used to it, you could do it in your own form. I doubt Nichole is the type to want to have sex early in the dating process, though. Actually, she could get pregnant if you do it in Human form. Might want to stick with your own form."

"To be honest...I've never actually had sex before. I usually do it by myself when I get the urge, if you know what I mean. I don't want any STDs or kids to worry about. You'll both have to decide on when the best time is to have sex, if it even gets that far. It should be a mutual agreement."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:09:52 PM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »
"I do not understand, why would consent not be mutual.  On my world one does not mate without consent.  As far as monitary units are concerned I have a solution."  Yarin opens a component on the wall and inside is gold, silver, and other precious metals, and rare jewels. "Whoa," Cody exclaimed. One of you colony planets had very rich metal deposits. Here take these." Yarin said handing Cody a large container full of gold and silver "Exchange these for about 800 monitary units.  You may retain the surplus."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:55:27 PM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
"If she doesn't really like you enough, it's likely she won't consent to having sex. That's why the agreement may not be mutual." Cody said, as he looked at all the stuff Yarin gave him. He found it hard to take his eyes off of it. "That's what we need to find out. It will be our little side mission, besides the saving the world stuff. Getting you and Nichole together, or seeing if Nichole really wants to be your girlfriend."

"For now, let's go out and find Jason and Kelran. I'm not tired anymore."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2008, 07:22:59 PM »
"Alright but do not forget about what I gave you Let us find Jason and Kelran, should we morph?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:23 PM »
"Just put the stuff back where you got it. I'll get it later after I've talked to the right people. You go bird, and I'll go bloodhound."

They retraced their steps until they got to what used to be the lakebed.

<That is one big crater. Couldn't he have made a smaller explosion? Certainly this wasn't necessary.> Cody said.

He managed to pick up a scent in the air, and followed it. Yarin kept watch for anything, while Cody managed on the ground. Soon enough they came to a rocky area where the scent of Gryphon was strong.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:47 PM »
Before Jason could answer Kelran's questions, movement caught his eye.  From his vantage point on the hillside, Jason could see anything coming towards them.  He was about to dive for cover when he recognized Cody and Yarin's morphs.  "About time." he said when Cody and Yarin reached them.  "What do we do now?  Personally, I would like you two to handle things with Kelran so I can get home so I don't get my parents all worked up and call me in as a missing person."

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »
"I would gladly stay with Kelran, it will be a good opportunity for xeno-biological study."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
<Thank you very much, Jason. You've done plenty.> Cody said before demorphing.

"Sure you can stay with Kelran, Yarin, if he doesn't mind. That would give me time to go out and spend some money towards your date with Nichole."

"Kelran, you're the third alien that has crash landed on this planet in a week. I've almost gotten used to it."

"This planet has been invade by parasitic aliens called Yeerks. They live in the brains of their hosts, and completely control them. They have an underground facility that is their base of operations. Currently we are Earth's best hop in defeating these Yeerks. I'm the boss, and you've met the other members of the group. Soon there will be another, named Emily. I'd like you to join our cause, if you're interested. We could also give you the ability to morph. What do you say?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
(Is it too late to add another character to the fold?  I have one that I've been kicking around . . . and I'm still reading the posts.  This what I get for coming in late -- registering and all, I mean.)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »
Kelran gave a dry sort of laugh.. "The third crash landed 'alien'? Well, I hope Yarin can tell me the whole story... your planet must have some intrinsict strategic or resource oriented value. Why else would so many of us be visiting?"
He stood and paced,
"So Let me get this perfectly clear, no one has really told me everything Id like to know, but Ive made some inferences."
Kelran stopped, turned, and faced Cody.
"As it stands from my point of view, you are all fledgelings, thats simple biological observation. This is a barely post-industrial world, I havent witnessed anything to indicate high speed transit, space travel, or even primitive fusion based energy, much elss anti-matter.
All I have seen is a ridiculous amount of internal combustion vehicles.
Your general populace has no idea that you are under invasion by a superiorly numbered superiorly armed race of parasites...
why else would a group of fledgeling warriors be the vanguard of the planet's defence?
And your only weapon is the ability to become... some kind of..." he paused and groped for a word,
"some kind of ...Animorphs. And you want me to join this cause. Am I right?"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:14:10 PM by Kelran-Isthinar »
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »
(well I'd enjoy having you here cloakedfigure I don't know about the others though)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2008, 10:23:48 PM »
(The more the merrier  :) )
Until it is no more....