Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54652 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #975 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:11 AM »
<I haven't said anything that wasn't true. Still, I'm about as out of my element as I can get. I'm sure you're deep within yours.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #976 on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:51 AM »
Kelran shrugged his wings, "One of my elements. Not really my natural one unless you count the danger and difficulty, but that doesnt make it any less part of my world."

He paused and stared at Cody, "You're well on your way to becoming a reckless and honorable warrior you know. I may have particular new skills instincts and methods to develop in order to fight this war, but you would do well to work on relaxing your death-grip on 'the plan' The concept that somehow if things change or go awry that the mission can not be completed."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #977 on: October 16, 2008, 09:45:11 AM »
((Would the Nyac be afraid of Hu, Yarin?  I mean, Smilodites aren't a familiar species to them.  Especially since he has his claws unsheathed.))

Hu was currently trying to hack his way through debris with his claws.  He knew his alternate form could do so easily, but it would barely fit in here, and he didn't want to terrify any innocent Nyac.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #978 on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:11 AM »
( I was thinking that we would find some devolved crewmembers of different species hanging around and the may try to attack us also they wouldn't be very afraid more curious but weary)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #979 on: October 16, 2008, 10:12:42 AM »
((Ah.  Would it be safe for Hu to devolve -- with his immense size -- on the ship?  Is it big enough?))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #980 on: October 16, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »
(yeah sure Hu can devolve its a fairly large ship they need room to perform experaments and research so what has Hu found)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:01:16 AM by Yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #981 on: October 16, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »
Yarina arrive with the swiftness Hu had come to expect.  "What have you found?"

"Several strange creatures.  They scurried away before I could get a good look at them.  There was a . . . eerie quality to them." Hu answered quickly, and succinctly.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #982 on: October 16, 2008, 01:04:05 PM »
Yarin turned to the two Nyac beside him "where are my manners, we have not been properly I am Yarin and you are?" "I am Delmin and she is Qodon." the male said. "Delmin and Qodon from Geptal I did not recognize either of you." Yarin said. "Hu these are my friends from Nya we grew up together."  Their reunion was cut short by a loud roar heard around them. "Let us get out of this room to somewhere safe." Yarin said.  They left the room and went to sickbay where Qodon assured them that they would be left alone.  Once they got there Delmin explained what happened.  "Some crewmembers were doing a survey of a nearby planet that we were scaning for colonization and we must have brought back a virus with us. At first everything seemed fine then the infected and anyone they came in contact with began to change, they began to devolve into the more primal forms of thier respective species.   We were on the other side of the ship when it happened, that is why we were not affected. When they started becoming violent Qodon and I hid in the mess hall."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:37:37 PM by Yarin »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #983 on: October 16, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »
"Go," Hu said, "I'll bring up the rear.  I am prepared to -- I am prepared, in case."

Hu hoped Yarin would get the insinuation that he would transform if he needed to.  But he didn't want to say it in front of the other Nyac.  Hu wasn't in the most trusting of moods after that vision . . . which he constantly told himself was just a dream and nothing more.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
<I'm afraid that's mainly how I operate.> Cody said to Kelran. <I make a plan A, but if it goes wrong then plan B is usually an escape plan.>

<What if escape isn't possible?> Emily asked, remembering the last mission.

<I think that may be Kelran's point. The method I have does have its drawbacks.>

((That is actually how I do in real life. When I played war with my friends as a kid, I'd make a detailed plan before the battle. If it went wrong, odds were my team would lose. However, I paired up with someone who was good at thinking on his feet. He'd butt heads sometimes, but were also an effective combination. I would make an overall plan, and he would improvise during the battle as necessary.))

((Oh, and happy one-year-older-day Traycon3. I don't have a present like I said I might have, but happy birthday nonetheless.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #985 on: October 16, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »
"So Hu shall we return to the Zelpon or remain here and try to figure out how to stop this problem? Yarin asked"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #986 on: October 16, 2008, 03:46:09 PM »
"Get the innocents to safety," Hu said immediately.  "That's the first priority."

Hu glanced at the other two Nyac.  They looked so similar to Yarin, yet so different.  Then Hu said, "There are bound to be more of them around, but let's get these two -- I'm afraid I will have difficulty pronouncing your names," Hu interjected at the two hoping that the Encarta was translating, then he turned back to Yarin, "to safety first."

((Oh, it's traycon's birthday?  Happy birthday, then -- that is, if you visit the RPG on this day. . . .))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #987 on: October 16, 2008, 06:06:50 PM »
Delmin and Qodon both made gutteral sounds that Yarin knew was them saying their names in Nyish Yarin then translated the names into english. "The male is Delmin and the female is Qodon.  You can tell the difference because as male Delmin and I are genuinly taller and we can change our skin color to desplay our emotions."  Yarin then switched back to Nyish and told Qodon and Delmin to transport back into the Zelpon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 01:33:42 PM by Yarin »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #988 on: October 16, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
As the two left, Yarin and Hu remained.  It was all very stressful, but Hu managed to squash his alter ego.  Then, suddenly, there was a gigantic BOOM behind them.

"Great." Hu muttered.  "What now?"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #989 on: October 16, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
Cody heard the explosion loud and clear. <That didn't sound good. We should go. Kelran, see if you can lock the ship so no one but uss can enter it. We're going to check on Hu and Yarin.>

Ani-Master 2014!