Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54654 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #960 on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
Yarin closed his mind to all the thoughts around him as he needed to concentrateon the task ahead.  "We will be making the jump to Zero-space now. We will arive at the Partel in about two Earth hours."  Yarin said as a ship wide announcement.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #961 on: October 15, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
Cody and Emily got done with their talk, and walked out while holding hands. Cody looked out the view, and saw whiteness. Yarin said they'd jump through Z-space, so this must be it.

After two hours had almost passed, Cody posed a question. "Does anyone think we should morph? We may want to hide our identites, and be somewhat ready to fight."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #962 on: October 15, 2008, 01:09:58 PM »
"Yes you should morph I however should remain in my true form so I can convince the Partel that I am there to help." Yarin said.  They exited Zero-space and there they saw a ship  "It is the Partel. I will try hailing them"
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #963 on: October 15, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »
Cody began morphing golden eagle. He wasn't sure how well the croc would do on a ship, and the bloodhound had limited use in battle. Emily morphed the buffalo.

((I did a quick search on the ancestor of the buffalo. Apparently the pelorovis isn't a whole lot different. Just longer in horns, legs, and neck. So she'll just turn into a different kind of buffalo. I assume that once we're changed, we will lose all self awareness. Cody will turn into a velociraptor. I didn't really look up what the ancestor of an eagle is, but I want badly to be a dino.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #964 on: October 15, 2008, 02:03:51 PM »
"Huh?" Nichole had been deep in a fairly good book, some sci-fi book where people could shape-shift. Her mout had been quirked into a smile since the beginning of the trip, and she had been so engrossed that she hadn't exactly paid much attention to what everyone else was doing, and obviously, no one had paid attention to her. She realized everyone was morphing and began morphing too. <Why are we morphing, exactly?> she asked, her voice sounding a bit spacy.

((I miss so much...Darn you school! *Shakes fist*))
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #965 on: October 15, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »
Hu unsheathed his claws -- realizing full well that they were going to be of little use in a space battle.  It made him feel better.  He had his satchel and cloak on.  Hu also realized his alter ego wouldn't exactly be of much use in a space battle, nor would his satchel or cloak, but it made Hu feel better to prepare.

((Just don't make a big cat a Smilodon fatalis -- all my research says they aren't their ancestors.  But something called a miacid or something like that, it's been a while.))

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #966 on: October 15, 2008, 02:43:23 PM »
(I'll control the Nyac on the Partel. and all languages will now be translated into english for the sake of convenience.)

Yarin looked at his sensor logs, the scans he took had shown Nyac life signs he hailed the Partel again.  "This is the NSV Zelpon responding to your distress call.  Do you read me? What is your status?" When no answer came Yarin turned to the others "I am going over there." he said.

Offline jake_berenson

• my charecter in a story i'm wrting
« Reply #967 on: October 15, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
(can I have my mecanical arm stay anyway? and by the way I'm copying this and printing it is that okay? just for reading.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:36:08 PM by jake_berenson »
Rachel "let's do it."

Linkin park rocks!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #968 on: October 15, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
(sure both are fine just as long as you don't intend to sell this)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #969 on: October 15, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
"oooho... not alone. Take Hu with you... he will be better off in a tight spot than at the controls of this thing, I think I can handle her if something untoward surprises us. By the by , what can your scanner grid tell us about the internal state of the Partel? Atmosphere? non-Nyac lifesigns.... biotoxins?"
Kelran was concerned, considering that it was a good possibility that something was amiss over there.
A Science vessel does not simply appear lightyears from its zone of ops, in a war zone, near a pre-FTL planet, then refuse to respond to hails from a ship bearing its own IFF transciever.
Oh yes... something was amiss, and Kelran said as much, "...And..err... would you terribly mind arming the weapons and whatever you use for a defensive grid? what DO you use? deflectors? armor? polarized hull plates (the Creator forbid)?"
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #970 on: October 15, 2008, 07:51:43 PM »
Hu nodded his approval, then while Yarin explained the things to Kelran, he bowed his head and said a silent prayer to the great Sky Tiger for success.  Hu found himself even more anxious and edgy.  There would be a possiblity of a battle, he knew.  Hu wondered how Yarin would react if he was betrayed by one of his own . . . even more reason for Hu to go with him.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:07:48 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #971 on: October 15, 2008, 08:58:21 PM »
"I trust Kelran's instincts. Take backup." Cody said. "Hu would be a dependable person to have keep an eye on you. We all know Kelran isn't, what with the recklessness and all."

"I swear, you do that on purpose." Emily said angrily.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #972 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:40 PM »
Hu heard Cody's jab at Kelran, but he was paying far more attention in Yarin.  He was still wondering how Yarin would take it if those Nyac . . . if they were traitorous or -- already taken.  He did not voice these concerns, because it would only make things worst.

"You ready, Yarin?"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #973 on: October 15, 2008, 10:26:10 PM »
"Yes I am Hu."  Yarin said as they stepped onto the platform of the teletransporter and Yarin's world dissolved into nothingness.  Moments later Yarin found himself on the Partel's main bridge with Hu.  Yarin looked around and could not believe what he saw.  All around them there was chaos and disarray.  Consoles were smashed and occasionally shot out sparks, there was a thick haze in the air, that obscured Yarin's vision.  Yarin could hear a high pitched chattering echoing from somewhere high above .  "Let us separate and search for any survivors, I will be within communication range."  Yarin said to Hu.  Yarin then left the main bridge and began walking down a side corridor, scanning for life signs as he went. His scan results were irregular, some were Nyac and some weren't this didn't surprise Yarin Nyac vessels regularly employed the services of other species on for tasks that they themselves were not suited for. But it was the ones that Yarin could not identify that worried him.  Suddenly his scanner lit up and began beeping he followed it to the ship's mess hall the fog was thick in here as well.  "Hello is anyone in here," he called out in Nyish.  He heard a noise coming from inside a large storage unit and went over to investigate.  He opened the door and found two low ranking Nyac crewmembers, a male and a female huddled together, Yarin could see by their skin pigmentation that they were scared and confused by his discovering them.  "I answered your ship's distress call, tell me what has happened here."  before they could tell him anything, his communicator beeped.  It was Hu, he told Yarin he found something important. Yarin acknowledged Hu then turned back to the two frightened crewmembers and told them to follow him.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:59:02 PM by Yarin »

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #974 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »
Kelran smirked and gestured to Cody,
"See this control here? 4.6 BILLION ISO-joules of your power.
In a directed energy packet.
See the Partel? minimal deflectors, no engines.
If someone surprises us, which is evry likely considering this sector is likely full of Yeerk patrols, your lives and theirs are entirely bound up in my ability to fly this ship and make judgement calls.
I am holding more firepower in this control stick than 13,000 hand held Dracons. Care to restate what you said?"

Kelran smiled.
It was only half-way a retallitation, Cody knew that Kelran was likely the best pilot inside a parsec's range, unless of course Yarin was better, no one had seen him fly combat. And Kelran knew Cody only half meant it.
Kelran had navigated and landed a 60,000 ton brick in a damaged state after a massive fight which he won, and a trans-galactic trip. No one was questioning his flying skills. Or his intentions of using the respectible, if relatively small firepower of Yarin's ship.
Whether he would exhibit any sanity in doing so was another question..... even more frightening was that Kelran took pride in that fact,
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....