Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54655 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #945 on: October 14, 2008, 06:27:03 PM »
((I'm assuming Hu's on board, too.  He's not a very happy cat . . . and I'm assuming, that he would be immune to that virus, due to having already devolved and re-evolved in fluctuations with is mood and stress levels.))

Space-travel.  Hu never saw what was so intriguing about it.  Hu never had an urge to leave Aruten, until that choice was made for him.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #946 on: October 14, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
Yarin was at the controls of his ship flying through the upper atmosphere of the planet suddenly his ship detected a distress call on long range sensors. *Sorga brof rezoc wreol Partel verf mora tyroq* then the message cut out "What did it say Yarin?" Nichole asked Yarin's skin turned green with concern "It said help please anyone the Partel is in distress then it cut out." Yarin said grimly.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #947 on: October 14, 2008, 06:43:22 PM »
"Partel?"  Hu questioned.  "What, by the fiery pits of the Dracus Graveyard, is a Partel, Yarin?"

Hu was sitting, arms crossed, back agains the wall.  He was feeling anxious and cooped up.  He was mastering his transformation into Gigantofatalismilodon, but it was not easy.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:55:31 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #948 on: October 14, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »
"I was planning on us doing recon on the planet, but I guess we should go check out the Partel. If not us, then it will be the Yeerks that respond to the distress beacon." Cody said.

Emily had rummaged through the rooms for a bit, and came back with something. She hadn't really heard anything about the Partel. "I found a hologram projector." She said, and started going through images. Soon she came upon the image of a blue sky, with white clouds. She manipulated it, to make the image appear on the ceiling. "Here you go, Hu. A little piece of the outdoors. Maybe I can find something to make it look like we're sitting on grass."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #949 on: October 14, 2008, 06:56:33 PM »
"The Partel is a ship sent by the Nyac expolration instatute on Grazal, one of our colony planets my best friend back home Delmin was on that ship." Yarin said. "Changing heading and speed it will take a few hours to get to the point of the signal while we tunnel through Zero space. I suggest we all get some rest.  We may need to take shifts I will take first shift obvously."
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #950 on: October 14, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »
Hu thanked Emily for her kindness, but he was still on edge from keeping his inner beast at bay and his surliness continued.  Perhaps if there is a battle, he would get to let it out.  But no, Hu realized, if there was a battle it would be from the ship.

Hu heard Yarin impassively.  Hu knew he wouldn't sleep, he was far too restless.  But, despite himself, Hu dozed.  Where he had a frightening vision -- a vision of his friends melting, congealing, reforming into creatures he could not see properly or recognize.  It was obvious they weren't morphing. . . .

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #951 on: October 14, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »
Kelran felt quite exhilarated to be back in space again. Especially considering they might soon be in battle, and might even gain contact with another free vessel.
"So," he said to Yarin, "Tell me about the Partel. what class? armaments? power source? tonnage?"
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #952 on: October 14, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
Hu jerked awake.  His vision was quite vivid, though difficult to decipher.  Should he tell his friends about it?  No, Hu decided, it would just worry them.  Emily, at least.  The others might scoff at it, and complete disreguard it.  No, it should be kept secret.

Hu's thoughts turned to Lilas and his boys.  They seemed very keen about exploring space -- which caused Hu some parental stress back then.  Now, he was living their dream, and he hated it.  Then Hu wondered what Bened and his bloodthirsty allies were doing to the planet.  It seemed, to Hu, that they were abandoning the planet, abandoning the fight.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #953 on: October 14, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »
"It is a Nevox class 150 tons, all of our ships are science vessel so minimal tritonic based energy weapons, and a nuronic signal.  I do hope Delmin has survived" Yarin said to Kelran.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #954 on: October 14, 2008, 10:25:20 PM »
"I'm sure he is," Hu said quietly.  Judging from Kelran and Yarin's reactions, they were only vaguely aware that he had awakened.  Hu proceeded toward the two, still feeling his uneasiness about space-travel.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #955 on: October 15, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »
Kelran peered over Yarin's shoulder at the sensor grid and noticed the other readouts, "Your drift is under 1500k. Thats much better than the last fellow I flew with in a small craft... Oh Hu.. sleep well?"
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #956 on: October 15, 2008, 11:12:51 AM »
"Well I have had practice I trained for five years on ships like this doing scientific reasearch" Yarin said without turning around.  "Hello Hu how are you? I sense something is troubling you."

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #957 on: October 15, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
"I'm fine, just -- I'm fine." Hu said repressively.  He was now starting to dismiss the vision as nothing more than a nightmarish dream.  "So . . . what's goin' on?"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #958 on: October 15, 2008, 11:46:39 AM »
"Kelran and Hu have started talking fancy talk that's a bit over my head." Cody said. He was standing next to them, watching the screen and various buttons. He had been around the console before, but had never messed with it. He normally didn't touch other people's stuff, as he expected the same of others.

"I could talk to you about some things you might understand better." Emily said to Cody, as she began leading him into another room.

"Oh, you mean about earlier?" Cody said before the door was shut.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #959 on: October 15, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »
Hu, despite himself, heard Cody and Emily's discussion before the door was shut -- Smilodite hearing can be a little too acut, Hu decided.  Knowing the closeness of the two reminded him of Lilas, which still brought a pang of pain, but Hu managed to ignore it.

(January 7, 2020)