Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54684 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #750 on: October 04, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »
((Hu didn't drink the entire bottle -- well, flask.  It's been returned to his satchel, after he changed.  I must have forgotten that.  But then again, its permancy and effects varies with the species.  Yeah, Nohensen, but drinking Devolution Draught just might prevent morphing or further complicate it somehow.))

"Looks like the little Yeerkies won't let us go so easily." Hu said, baring his teeth eagerly.  "They have a death wish."

Hu was waiting for the others to escape.  He decided to unleash another massive roar, as he begun to attack.  He leaped onto a Bug fighter, and it worked about as well as trying to set a safe on an empty cardboard box.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #751 on: October 04, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
<We can't leave Hu. That would defeat the purpose of the mission. Even as big as he is, he's not invincible. Then there's the fact that this stuff could wear off that the worst time.> Cody said.

<Yarin, you stay ahead and hold onto Kelran. Emily, you help him carry Kelran, or push from behind. I'm staying behind with Hu. Nichole, you can do whatever you want.>

He was tired, and his thought speak was showing it. This had been a big day, and he was wearing down.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #752 on: October 04, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
Yarin carried Kelran he was struggling to do so.  It wasn't so much that he was to heavy it was more that Yarin was also trying to get his mental defenses back up.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »
Hu heard Cody's orders, but Hu was going to make sure the others escaped.  He knew that the permancy of this state was tied with his emotions and stress level.  He was feeling plenty angry and plenty stress.  And then . . .

Tssssew!

"Little bladed thing," Hu said with more irritation then pain, "you are so dead."

So Hu sunk his right fang into him.  Hu looked up and noticed that Bened was gone.  That coward.  Then he looked over his shoulder and saw that all but Cody were gone.  "Go.  I'm right behind you."

Hu roared again to paralyze the crowd with the sound.  Then he turned tail, shrinking as he did.  By the time everyone was out, Hu was fully Smilodite again.

((Hu will now have a Bruce Banner syndrome, if you will.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #754 on: October 04, 2008, 03:58:48 PM »
(that's cool so how are we gonna work it so we all get affected?)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #755 on: October 04, 2008, 04:04:05 PM »
((Hmmm. . . perhaps Bened tries cooking up his own batch, but botches it, and it spills on you guys?  If that doesn't work, Hu still has some in his flask.  I'm not sure how an austreopithecine (sp) would be useful (if a human takes it) . . . but . . .))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #756 on: October 04, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
(how far back does the de-evolution go is it to its most primal form?)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #757 on: October 04, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »
((Depends on the dosage really, yarin.  With enough of the stuff, you'd go back to being a single-celled organism -- but that would take a lot of the Draught and it is notably difficult to make.  Of course, some species may be immune to the effects.  Gigantofatalismilodons are to Smilodites what the first mammals were to humans.  That's why it's so dangerous.  Well, one of the reasons.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »
Everyone made it out and high tailed it away. Finally, they made it back to Kelran's cave.

"Okay." Cody said after catching his breath. "We have about two and a half days until that thing in Kelran's head dies. I'm about to pass out. Someone else take first shift." He then found a spot and laid down. Emily sat down with him and stroked his hair.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #759 on: October 04, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »
"I'll take up that responsibility." Hu said, assured of becoming the savage, hulking beast again if need be.  "You go.  Rest up.  I have a feeling that this isn't over yet."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #760 on: October 04, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »
Yarin laid down to rest it had been a rough few hours and it wasn't going to get any easier from here.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #761 on: October 04, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
Kelran sat up and groaned. He knew, somewhere inside him that the Yeerk was still in him, still attached, but for this fleeting moment, it was still 'unconcious' and he was not.

The others, those that were awake, tensed visibly. "Its me, for now. Whatever Yarin did knocked Kressillet for a loop. I had to let him in all the way, in the end, to get the access I needed to stand still. He knows *everything* you can NOT let me escape, my life sanity and health are secondary... do you understand?"
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #762 on: October 04, 2008, 09:14:16 PM »
Hu nodded.  But he wondered if he would really be able to do whatever was necessary . . . Hu, by nature, wasn't a killer.  He couldn't even kill Bened.

((Is it me, or is Hu starting to become the Cassie of this RPG?))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #763 on: October 04, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »
((Yeah. Hu is Cassie. Cody is Tobias. Emily might be like Cassie too, since I portray her has being kind. However, she's not as mature or at one with nature as Hu. Jason may have been the Jake of the group, but I really don't know what happened to Jmnar. Kelran is the Rachel of the group, since he's fierce and reckless. Yarin is Ax. We don't have a Marco, though I originally intended for Cody to have some Marco traits in him. Now he's more like Jake than Marco.))

"Yarin, do you have some kind of force field generator you could bring here?" Emily asked. "Something strong enough to hold Kelran? We'll definitely need to keep him grounded."

((FYI, I'm having Cody be unconscious for now. All narration will be dne by Emily for the time being.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #764 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »
((Yeah, I see that, Nohensen.  I originally intended for Hu to be a lot like Wolverine, as cliched as it may sound, but he has evolved into his own character, as have yours, I believe.  I assume you guys put a little of yourselves in your characters too?))

Hu turned his thoughtful gaze to Emily, and suggested Sleep Spice.  But it shouldn't work for more than a couple of hours on someone Kelran's size, and Hu wasn't sure that he could manufacture more with Earth plants.

True, he had seeds in his satchel, but how could he be responsible for a mass invasion of Aruten plants ((think of kudzu in North America)) -- he knew they would grow well here, the soil being much like Aruten's.

Half his mind was on Kelran's ordeal.  Moreso then the others, Kelran and Hu had the most in common.  Alone.  Trapped on this strange, yet familiar world.  The only decent representatives of their species on this planet.

(January 7, 2020)