Author Topic: Morphing and Tattoos?  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
Morphing and Tattoos?
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:40:30 PM »
this thought came to me just now...

Would morphing get rid of tattoo's?

i reckon that it prolly would, but i read in one of the books that rachel complained about her hair being not the right length cos it was cut wrong, but couldn't morphing fix that as well?

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: Morphing and Tattoos?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »
that's a good question. Since a tattoo isn't part of a person's DNA, morphing should get rid of it. LOL that sucks, you spend all that money getting a tattoo and then you morph and it's gone
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline visser101

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »
if someone can morph clothing then i can't see a tattoo being lost in morph no matter how much you dislike the ex

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:17:45 AM »
that's a good question. Since a tattoo isn't part of a person's DNA, morphing should get rid of it. LOL that sucks, you spend all that money getting a tattoo and then you morph and it's gone

good, too.
remove tattoos you don't want.
or freak people out by getting a really nasty one (then removing it later) :D

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:58:28 AM »
I suppose you can keep your tattoo if you take care, but of course if you take the DNA of somebody with a tattoo and morph him, your morph won't have any tattoo...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 01:04:57 AM »
while we're on the subject, it'd be awesome not having to worry about bacteria etc.

what was the deal with yamphut then, anyways? because it was brain-related?

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 03:51:29 AM »
well Tattoos are basicaly scars... so if morphing can heal wounds without making scares i would have thought that it could get rid of tattoos ;D

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 04:13:42 AM »
Actually in book 7 Cassie apparently has a scar she got some time ago, morphing should have gotten rid of it but didn't. There's also Elfangor's mentor in TAC, he has a scar, has he simply never had the opportunity to morph it away? Maybe. He claims to have gotten it back when he was a cadet so in all his career before the time he became an instructor he's never had to morph or else morphing never removed the scar? Other than the whole "don't morph for personal reasons" thing preventing Cassie and Sofor from healing themselves on the spot I'd say it seems scars are something that morphing, for some reason, doesnt take care of, or that a person can choose not to lose their scar and by extension their tattoo.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline fao13

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
on the spot I'd say it seems scars are something that morphing, for some reason, doesnt take care of, or that a person can choose not to lose their scar and by extension their tattoo.

but i remember in book 49 that when Loren got the power to morph her scars from the accident were healed. KASU maybe?

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
perhaps it is i mean it was a KASU when Tobias was not able to heal in Megamorphs 2
but also
i think that just how you are able to morphs tight clothes  if you concentrate about it.. you should be able to concentrate on your tatoo or a scar you want to keep  or whatever

===============================================

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 02:27:35 PM »
Like I said, if you concentrate on the scar and want to keep it maybe you can. It could also be that since you have to concentrate on your own body and return to it, maybe Cassie concentrating on herself includes the scars . . . or maybe it's a birth mark and she made all that stuff up about the racoon for dramatic effect :P

Cassie: Years of waiting, finally I have a chance to make this pay off . . . Jake, I have this scar . . .
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
yeah also something that i have been wondering about ..would morphing affect your weight.
lets say you are overweight ..that is not part of DNA so if you morph would you suddenly slim up?

===============================================

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »
Practically (as in, as far as the books are concerned), no. No one ever gains or loses weight based on the morphing procedure. I think that this has to do with the fact that you are being reconstructed from the same mass that was extruded into Zero-Space. All of the mass needs to come back to its owner, the morpher.

I think that perhaps this may account for tattoos/scars as well, although there are flaws behind that logic (like Loren's experience).
For example: my dad has a scoop taken out of his leg from when he had skin cancer. The skin and muscle and tissue is simply not there. If he were to morph, then that matter is not there to be extruded into Zero-Space. Therefore, how could it be replaced when he morphs back? The same could count for hair. You can't morph it back if it isn't there to begin with.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »
I agree with visser101; tight clothes can be morphed, and what is a tattoo but outside materials placed under the skin? It should be easier to morph with if anything, because it is under the skin instead of on top of it. As far as scars, tattoos do scar the skin, but that's not what makes the tattoo; it's the ink

As far as what Shark said, there are a million things like that you could question. If I cut my fingernails, will morphing remember that? What about hair? If someone took growth hormone as a teenager and grew three more inches than they would have normally by their DNA, then morphed, would they return to a body that was three inches shorter? What about food? If an elephant was morphed, then a massive amount of food consumed, would the large contents of the stomach cause the human to burst upon demorphing? If a person ate a cheeseburger, then morphed fly, why wouldn't they explode? If food isn't transferred, why don't morphs starve? For instance, Jake uses the tiger for uncounted hours in total, yet he never eats as a tiger; does the tiger ever get hungry? Also, when a person is in the later stages of starvation, the body literally consumes itself, going as far as breaking apart muscles to use the proteins for energy. If tissue is regenerated, could a person technically survive forever without food by remorphing to recover tissues? It would be painful, but by this logic it should be possible. When a person is injured, they recover when morphed. But consider a massive loss of flesh like Terenia said, such as loss of a leg. When remorphed and recovered, where did the mass for the leg come from? It can't be taken from other large morphs otherwise they would be missing parts, and due to the law of conservation of mass it cannot be spontaneously created, so where did it come from? There are so many questions and inconsistencies about morphing and it could be discussed endlessly.

Is there a thread somewhere to discuss all the flaws, possibilities, and questions of morphing? I'm pretty sure there's one someplace about how age is determined from the DNA.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
I think this whole thing might be a KASU.  It's right.  Wouldn't morphing get rid of any scars/tatoos?

I have a scar on my leg that I got when I was seven, it's not part of my DNA now, is it?
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!