Author Topic: Morphing and Tattoos?  (Read 3471 times)

Offline visser101

Re: Morphing and Tattoos?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »
there could be a mechanism in the morphing technology that allows for some change.

everyday living changes the body in someway if morphing reset that every time one morphs then you would never age, years of training would be destroyed, and you immune system would never learn.

I would think that morphing takes the DNA too make a baseline of the morpher then accumulated traits like tattoo, scares, and grooming are memorized at every morph. if those accumulated traits are to far out side the baseline DNA then the morphing tech will try too fix it. so a old scar will be probably be remembered but that gun shot wound would get fixed.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »
That isn't always the case though, visser101, most notably with Tobias' mom.

Even then, you contradict yourself. You say things such as grooming would be memorized at morph, which can be recent, would be remembered, but a recent injury would be forgotten? If hair was cut off, then morphed immediately, would the hair come back just like the skin from a cut would?

What does it mean to be free?

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »
I think this whole thing might be a KASU.  It's right.  Wouldn't morphing get rid of any scars/tatoos?

I have a scar on my leg that I got when I was seven, it's not part of my DNA now, is it?

yup.
i agree, KASU.

Offline Zues770

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »
if someone can morph clothing then i can't see a tattoo being lost in morph no matter how much you dislike the ex

LOL

I think it would get erased kind of like a scar cause you weren't born with it.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 06:33:50 AM »
I think this whole thing might be a KASU.  It's right.  Wouldn't morphing get rid of any scars/tatoos?

I have a scar on my leg that I got when I was seven, it's not part of my DNA now, is it?

yup.
i agree, KASU.

No, no no. Admitting it's a KASU is admitting defeat. There must be an answer!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 07:19:52 PM »

yup.
i agree, KASU.

Still, for all technicality, if it was based only on DNA, you would morph a single zygote. There are more mechanisms involved.

Offline visser101

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »

Even then, you contradict yourself. You say things such as grooming would be memorized at morph, which can be recent, would be remembered, but a recent injury would be forgotten? If hair was cut off, then morphed immediately, would the hair come back just like the skin from a cut would?

Loren's scars may have been from deep cuts that never can heal perfectly the morphing tech may have noted these damage areas as to far outside the base line DNA and fix them, the same with her eyes.
This could even apply to the Auxmorphs the ones that had genetic defects did not get fixed because the morphing tech could not tell what was wrong. those with physical damage could have been healed if the damage was recognized as damage. 

Grooming is done too nonliving parts of the body, like hair and nails. so it is in no way comparable too a cut to the skin.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 01:25:33 AM »

Loren's scars may have been from deep cuts that never can heal perfectly the morphing tech may have noted these damage areas as to far outside the base line DNA and fix them, the same with her eyes.
This could even apply to the Auxmorphs the ones that had genetic defects did not get fixed because the morphing tech could not tell what was wrong. those with physical damage could have been healed if the damage was recognized as damage. 

Grooming is done too nonliving parts of the body, like hair and nails. so it is in no way comparable too a cut to the skin.

but would that apply to tattoo's as well though? thats what i'm wondering...

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline visser101

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 02:56:33 AM »
yes it would, tattoo's may not be a natural part of the body but it is not damage once it heals. since we know andalites do implant chips into their brains, and who knows where else, it is clear that complex foreign additions too the body are preserved during morphing automatically.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 03:01:33 AM »
yes it would, tattoo's may not be a natural part of the body but it is not damage once it heals. since we know andalites do implant chips into their brains, and who knows where else, it is clear that complex foreign additions too the body are preserved during morphing automatically.
ahh okay... now it's deserving of the BUSTED picture

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Starsword

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
Well, if you lose a tattoo in a morph you would lose a contact lens, not that thatever came up, but the morphing process doesn't do anything except heal old wounds. You don't remorph to have two arms where your legs should be and vice versa, nor do you end up with your t shirt on your legs, so the tattoo, not being a part of you yet being close to you  should come along into Z space for the ride.
This does make me wonder, however, if they are able to morph with normal clothes on eventually, can they take that farther and morph with someone while holding hands. Like one person morphs and the other joins.
Until then we fight.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 08:30:03 PM »
I don't find the morphing with people plausible for a couple reasons; one being that shoes are described as never being able to be morphed, so how an entire person? And second, what would happen to the second person? Would they join your consciousness in the morph, and upon demorphing, what if the two consciousnesses stay in one body?

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 11:35:55 AM »
what you have to remember is that Morphing has much to do with Physis as much as it does with Biology.

from one of the books, the process of Aquring an animal is doing nothing but making a copy of the said mass in Z-space. when you are morphing, your just trading one mass for another. how the bundles of Mass survive in Z-space is unknown and giving the source of the book in question is contradicary at places (if the animorphs are suffering from not being able to breath when they are Z-space, then how can the masses that the aquire do it?).

but what this does explain how stuff like tattoos and earings can continue to be there when they demorph. (how the masses heal out in Z-space is a unknown matter)
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 12:09:22 AM »

Where does it say they implant chips?

Edit to add: Oh the translator chips. What book is that in?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:15:50 AM by AniMel23 »

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:01 AM »
What about men who are circumcised  or women who have had FGM? Maybe people can decide what scars etc they want.