Author Topic: Morphing and Tattoos?  (Read 3475 times)

Offline MoppingBear

Re: Morphing and Tattoos?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
yeah im thinking its based on a conscious decision as well, if you remember yourself with the bullet wound you just received, youll have it when you demorph, if not you wont.  of course that means rachel could have remembered herself with her old uncut hair, but hey, she is blonde afterall.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »
Willing suspension of disbelief. That's all I have to say. Don't think too hard about little details.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
Well, if you lose a tattoo in a morph you would lose a contact lens, not that thatever came up, but the morphing process doesn't do anything except heal old wounds. You don't remorph to have two arms where your legs should be and vice versa, nor do you end up with your t shirt on your legs, so the tattoo, not being a part of you yet being close to you  should come along into Z space for the ride.
This does make me wonder, however, if they are able to morph with normal clothes on eventually, can they take that farther and morph with someone while holding hands. Like one person morphs and the other joins.

Isn't that sorta like what happened in book 32?  When the two Rachels were joined back together?

Offline animefanboy

• I'd shake your hand, but, you know, peanut arms
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »
I am curious, if one of them had braces, and their teeth were fixed, would morphing negate that? Also, as far as the tattoo thing...I found art on Deviantart a bit back that brought up this question to me as well.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:52:04 PM by animefanboy »

Forever Blue

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 01:40:50 AM »
I thought about that as well, i had teeth (and my father still has teeth) that crossed over and were big (i was going to say like a parrot but then birds don't have teeth) until i got braces.

Offline animefanboy

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 11:02:15 AM »
Yeah, if I had got done having my braces, and morphed and they returned to how they were before, I'd be kinda upset. >:(

Forever Blue

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 01:12:45 AM »
Morphing could revolutionarise medicine, instead of giving people prosthetics you could have their legs and so on grow back, with a little bit of tweaking you wouldn't have to give huge numbers of disabled afghans/iraqis/sierre leonese/rwandans dangerous morphing weapons but just something that resets the body back to normal.

Offline animefanboy

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
Yeah, but there is always someone who would try and make that a weapon. But yeah it would.

Forever Blue

Offline dasada122

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Huh.  That is an interesting idea.  You could heal the person, but there would probably be some sort of committee that would decide if they could be trusted with morphing power afterward.  Perhaps you could draw some blood from the person, pour it onto their hand, have them acquire themselves, then have them morph into themselves and become nohlit.
Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally bat**** insane.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 11:01:23 PM »
Huh.  That is an interesting idea.  You could heal the person, but there would probably be some sort of committee that would decide if they could be trusted with morphing power afterward.  Perhaps you could draw some blood from the person, pour it onto their hand, have them acquire themselves, then have them morph into themselves and become nohlit.

Something tells me that that wouldn't work.  Otherwise, couldn't you just grab one arm with the other and acquire yourself that way?

But, keeping the same idea, though, they could just morph a little way into a morph and then go nothlit.  Sure, they might have a tiny patch of feathers on their left thigh, or a tiny nub of a tail, but surgery could always fix those things.

Ahem, keeping with the original topic, though . . . one thing that just occurred to me is that, why can't the morphing technology have a built-in intelligence of its own?  I mean, maybe it has its own 'biological computer' of some sort, with just enough decision-capability to let it decide what features of a person to keep and which to get rid of?  So it can get rid of unwanted things like fresh injuries, while keeping needed things like haircuts, clothes, scars, piercings, and tattoos.  It could probably do this by tapping into the person's own memories while they morph.  I mean, think about how good with computers the Andalites are.  They could conceivably create a difference engine like that, that could take memories into account while a person morphs, and then program it into the morphing technology itself.

And this would also answer the question that was raised earlier, about how morphs can have enough food in their stomach to not starve but still not explode when you morph something smaller.  The morphing technology is perhaps programmed to 'know' how much food a creature needs, and keeps that amount in its stomach during morphs.

Offline dasada122

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »
Of course, clothing sticks, so tattoos would as well.
But I never could figure out why the clothing would be interpreted as biological.
Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally bat**** insane.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:42 AM »
it isnt, morphing isnt completely from DNA.

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »
Didn't you get what I said, instead of giving a bunch of iraqis/sierre leonies cripples morphing technology (which is a weapon that i would not want to give to any one outside the CIA/MI5/Mossad/ASIO) you could tweak it so that it would just reset the DNA and restore limbs and eyesight for millions of people.

Look at this way:
Nuclear stuff/radiation were first used as weapons, but later in the 1960's some lady turned Radiation into a way to treat cancer ( i think i read this in a book of 101 great women)
Warfare is the mother of great inventions.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 01:15:55 AM »
Sorry to bump this old thread up, but I had another couple questions on this topic.

If someone/thing was acquired that had a tattoo, would the person morphing them also get the tattoo? Also, if you had a tattoo on your normal form, but were injured and somehow had the patch of skin/flesh with the tattoo cut/burned off or something, would it come back if you morphed and demorphed?

Ahem, keeping with the original topic, though . . . one thing that just occurred to me is that, why can't the morphing technology have a built-in intelligence of its own?  I mean, maybe it has its own 'biological computer' of some sort, with just enough decision-capability to let it decide what features of a person to keep and which to get rid of?  So it can get rid of unwanted things like fresh injuries, while keeping needed things like haircuts, clothes, scars, piercings, and tattoos.  It could probably do this by tapping into the person's own memories while they morph.  I mean, think about how good with computers the Andalites are.  They could conceivably create a difference engine like that, that could take memories into account while a person morphs, and then program it into the morphing technology itself.

And this would also answer the question that was raised earlier, about how morphs can have enough food in their stomach to not starve but still not explode when you morph something smaller.  The morphing technology is perhaps programmed to 'know' how much food a creature needs, and keeps that amount in its stomach during morphs.

I like this very much. It does seem very possible, and gives an answer to many questions. Maybe that's what the entire system is based on? Working off thoughts/memories also explains how simply focusing on the animal initiates the morph. The only thing left is a possible mechanism... I guess we can blame nanobots or biological computers. When in doubt, blame it on something we don't fully understand...

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »
Tatoos are basicly scars. They would heal like anyother wound but wouldn't this also apply to things like stiches, poison ivy and maybe even

[spoiler] circumsicions [/spoiler]
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!