Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 345771 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9810 on: August 18, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
"I'll keep that in mind." Cody said to Tamora. He was about ready to get Sukohn and leave. Vacation over. He just needed to wait for Ossanlin to come back. Too bad he couldn't walk to him with the bum leg. "I don't suppose anyone has a crutch anywhere I can use?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9811 on: August 18, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »
Myitt searches Terenia's expression, considering.  

"Yes, I have acted selfishly, I've killed people in order to save the ones I care about.  Even to save my own life.  But I don't go about trying to destroy allies, no matter how I interpret their intentions.  You could have wiped out our entire operation, not to mention given the Yeerk Empire another Andalite-Controller!"  

She turns from Terenia in a huff, pacing.  "You need to learn that personal attachment, or alliances, or whatever you want to call it, these are things that should be strengths, not weaknesses.  If they are weaknesses then they're hardly beneficial to anyone involved in them."  Myitt pauses and turns back to her.  "Not everyone in this galaxy is out to get you.  And this is coming from me, perhaps the epitome of paranoia."

Corliss looks down at the ground.  

"What about you?" Myitt adds, turning to her brother.  "How exactly did she confide this information to you?  She may not enjoy personal attachments, but she can hardly want to make any more enemies than she already has."

"Well, erh," Corliss says, rubbing the back of his neck.  He can't bring himself to look up at his sibling.  "It's a long story."

"Indulge me," Myitt says flatly, clenching her fists.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #9812 on: August 18, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »
Al called to Salem <<Hork-Bajir approaching your position. Also the wandering human. It looks like Kess is drawing a lot of attention.>>

Salem cursed silently, but shut off his device, ending the data stream between it and Temrash's ship. He slid it back into his pocket and stepped to his spot beside the ship again, assuming a posture of impatience and boredom.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9813 on: August 18, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
<It doesn't matter,> Terenia says quickly, with a glance towards Corliss, <I was wrong. I'm sorry. Maybe you're right, and alliances should be considered strengths. I just haven't had that experience. No alliance I ever made turned out well.> she shrugs, <I suppose I have a crappy choice in friends.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9814 on: August 18, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »
Temrash finally came within sight of his ship again, and gave a nod to Salem. He ordered the hatch open and walked inside, leaving it open for Hadrin and Salem to enter. He sat down in the pilot's chair, swiveled so he's facing towards the back.

"Alright Keshin. Explain yourself. Who hired you, and why? Also did they mention anyone else they wanted dead?"

He watched to see if Keshin could actually speak. If she couldn't, he'd give her something to help.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9815 on: August 18, 2010, 05:47:43 PM »
"No, not a crappy choice in friends, you just can't allow yourself to trust the friends that you do have," Myitt says testily.  "Do you think I would bring your sister back here if I thought the people here would allow her to kill you?  No, but I got a little stupid back there and this long-suffering host of mine had all her senses knocked out when I started drinking."  She squints at Terenia.  "Why are you here, anyway?  Tara was only really awake when I heard you two whispering."  She glances at Corliss, then at the vial still in his hand, and back to Terenia.  "Were you injured?"

Corliss relaxes a hair, relieved that for now Myitt isn't pressing the issue of his feelings toward Terenia.  

---

Hadrin nods slightly at Salem as he walks past him, up the ramp into Temrash's ship. 

"Hello, Keshin," says Hadrin conversationally, checking the power level on his Dracon.  "Just so you know, my name is Hadrin.  I've heard of you, I'm an old friend of a couple of people you might know."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9816 on: August 18, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »
Parker reached the spot he left Terenia with Corliss. His IR setting on his visor showed him where the hatch should normally be and pounded on the hull, "Hey Corliss, you in there? How's she doing?"

As Terenia's sister turned away from the Andalite and the bound, wounded human; The Director raised his shot glass to her and jerked his head toward the bar inviting her to sit next to him. He over-heard her saying she wanted to get home. He figured this would be a good way to find out a little more about the whole situation.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:34:53 PM by Spartan-281 »
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9817 on: August 18, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »
Terenia nods, looking a little abashed, <I guess I was a bit stupid, allowing myself to become so intoxicated. I - Keshin, the turelek, she came after me. Probably would have killed me, too, but some other guy knocked her off balance. She still managed to burn off my entire arm, though. If I couldn't morph, I'd have been a goner.>

Her expression darkens somewhat as she recalls the events of the hallway, <I do not know for sure who put a hit on my head, but I have a pretty solid guess that it was my dear sister.>

---

Tamora moves away from Cody and Claxter, heading back to her corner of the bar. When The Director nods towards her she hesitates, reluctantly taking up a stool next to his. She has every intention on leaving the planetoid as soon as possible, just as she told Claxter; however, she does not want to go quite yet. She still wants to know what happened to Keshin and Terenia. And she still has a score to settle with Myitt.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9818 on: August 18, 2010, 06:06:02 PM »
((Parker, the ship is cloaked, so unless he can see invisible things he may as well be knocking on thin air, or on the nose of the ship!  Sorry...))

Myitt nods.  "You're very lucky.  It's only sheer dumb luck that I've survived the times someone put me on Keshin's hit list.  If your sister has been in contact with Keshin, then I wonder who else she may have bribed him to kill." 

She clutches at her stomach.  "Ugh...my whole body feels like it's in a vice."

<Yeah?  Poor baby, look who's still fuggin' drunk,> Tara slurs.  <Not to mention I got like, what, five minutes of sleep?>

"Where is Keshin now?" Myitt wonders aloud.

<I think you're trying to kill me...all this doom and gloom talk and I'm the one dying...>

"For that matter, where is Hadrin?  I don't like not knowing this kind of thing when someone's putting gashad out on people."

<Did you know you can die from not sleeping?  Yeah, it can happen.>

"Last I saw of Hadrin, he was back at the bar," says Corliss.  He shrugs.  "He's probably had my beer, already."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9819 on: August 18, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
Terenia shakes her head, <I don't know where Keshin is. After she shot me I kind of...blacked out. Everything before that is a bit blurry too, thanks to the alcohol. I think...I think there were quite a few people in the hallway back there. There was lots of yelling, although that could have been me.> She shrugs, <I don't know, really. Sorry. As for Hadrin...well, I have no idea who that is, so I can't help you there.>

Shifting slightly, Terenia gives Myitt a hopeful glance, <So, will you be able to forgive me then?>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9820 on: August 18, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
"Hadrin is...he was one of Zorish's lieutenants, an undercover agent of ours for quite a long time," Myitt explains.  "As for forgiving you, you tried to kill me and some of my closest friends.  Do you think that sort of thing is easy to forgive and forget?"  She looks between Terenia and Corliss.  "I think you're a foolish young human girl, caught up in a war you never should have been caught up in.  You can pretend to be a Yeerk or an Andalite, and in many ways those cultures have become part of you, as well.  But you are no warrior, so don't play games with people's lives.  If you really want to save your planet from my people, then we cannot afford to lose, especially not because some scared human turns us in for no good reason."  She pinches the bridge of her nose, trying to fight off the pounding headache behind her eyes.  "I can forgive you, just don't expect me to forget."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9821 on: August 18, 2010, 06:39:50 PM »
((Fixed. It makes sense now. To someone else it looks as though he's pounding on air, but he's actually hitting the hatch.))

With no answer, Parker looked around at the heat signature the ship was giving off. Looking at his motion detector, he noticed at least two beings moving every so often. So there are definitely people in there. He resumed pounding on the hull.

((I'll post for The Director later, no time.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #9822 on: August 18, 2010, 06:42:14 PM »
Salem returned Hadrin's nod, and then slid into Temrash's ship behind him. This didn't look great for Keshin, but Salem had no intention of letting the opportunity to get some information from the bounty hunter slip away so easily.

<<Al, you still hear me?>>

<<Yeah, just don't go much farther,>> Al responded

<<Just be ready. I don't know how this will play out. Might need you.>>

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #9823 on: August 18, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
((So, Hadrin and Temrash present. Salem trying to help Keshin and Joanne by a fashion, or trying to get stuff out of them. ))

It takes a little before Keshin's even able to sit up, during which time Temrash and the unknown man calling himself Hadrin have both spoken to him. Hadrin's statement sounds by far the least palatable. <People who are friends of people who know us are generally bad news. They're probably friends of people we've killed.>

<What should we say?>

<Nothing. We go by our policy until it looks ugly for us.>

Keshin states very softly to avoid straining himself but clearly, "I'm not going to tell you anything that concerns you. The fact that someone hired me to kill Terenia is business between her, myself, and my client. As for the second question...yeah, my client hired me to kill another person, too. But if client confidence wasn't important to me, then I wouldn't be in this business for long."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9824 on: August 18, 2010, 07:15:40 PM »
"You're not in any position to withhold information from us, Keshin," says Hadrin.  "It's pretty clear that you were speaking to Terenia's sister Tamora back there.  Now, I could be mistaken, but it seems fairly obvious who put out this hit.  And if she hired you to kill someone else, I would imagine it was someone else involved in bringing her here and killing her Yeerk.  That narrows the list down considerably." 

He glances at Temrash.  "Keep her here for a couple of days, see if she talks then."  Hadrin turns to go.