Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 345312 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9780 on: August 17, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »
((Phew. Sorry guys, my posts are going to be limited to the evening and early morning from here on out. School year is starting up again, so I won't be around in the middle of the day. Bear with me. :) ))

A not entirely un-Yeerk expression of arrogance crosses over Tamora's face when Elayne addresses her. She listens with increasing irritability, but luckily, unlike her sister, she is not prone to temper tantrums. When she responds her voice is cool and even.

"I apologize if the advice of a mechanic," she glances at Elayne's tool belt and raises an eyebrow, "was not sufficient enough to change my mind. As far as what I have suffered, that is most certainly none of your business, nor is how I choose to correct the wrongs committed in my life." Tamora glances back towards the now empty hallway, wondering what exactly had transpired. Is Terenia dead? Is Keshin? She is desperate to find out, but knows that if she is patient the answers will come to her. She has no desire to make herself more obvious to the bar patrons than she has already.

----

Terenia lays inert on the Bug Fighter, her morphing outfit a twisted relic on the right side, her body stinking of burnt flesh. The poke of a needs as Corliss injects her with adrenaline seems to have no effect. Once the drug is administered, though, it quickly takes over. Her pulse quickens and, quite suddenly, her pupils dilate.

"Ahhhhhh!" She sits up abruptly, shards of pain shooting through her. It is unclear whether Efaen or Terenia is in control as she spasms from the pain. Almost immediately her body begins to change; charred flesh smooths and pinkens, blue fur sprouts throughout. From just above her hips two extra legs protrude. From the bloody, burnt stump of her arm a new, unharmed limb begins to emerge. As the morph progresses the effects of the pain and alcohol begin to wear off. Moments later she is whole, unscathed and Andalite. Terenia is undoubtedly in control, and she is breathing heavily, as though that one morph took all of her energy. She reaches her right arm out in front of her, turning it over and examining it for any blemishes, but there is no sign of the deadly burns.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9781 on: August 17, 2010, 06:00:33 PM »
((Wait, since her arm and that part of her morphing suit was disintegrated, does that mean that when she remorphs, her morphing suit will be missing an arm?))

Parker shakes his head, "No, she needs peace and quiet. The bar is getting too noisy and busy. She just needs rest, that's all. Your sick bay would be the safest place for her to rest where she won't get agitated."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #9782 on: August 17, 2010, 06:03:20 PM »
~~ I started college! Woohoo! And I think it is too bad Silver would miss it. But yeah anytime something happens...like her mothers changing.... And she can't handle it all at one her mind simply shuts down to help her otherwise her mind will shatter and if that happens she has three hours to try and deal or she dies.....weird but that's the brakes. ~~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9783 on: August 17, 2010, 06:03:58 PM »
((No worries Jessi--next week that'll be my schedule, too, pretty much...back to the grind!))

Corliss pushes himself back as Terenia begins to demorph, and then he climbs to his feet, watching her change back into Efaen's Andalite body.  

"Are you all right, then?" Corliss asks quietly.  "I...we thought you were dead."

Myitt groans and rolls over.  "Everybody stop screaming," she slurs in her sleep.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9784 on: August 17, 2010, 06:36:34 PM »
((I think the morphing outfit repairs itself. I'm pretty sure....in any case, her morphing outfit is a sleeveless blackleotard, like the kind ballerina's wear, so it didn't have arms in the first place. Most of the damage was to the side of the suit where it got burned into her flesh. Icky.))

Terenia jerks physically at Corliss' words, as though she had not noticed his presence. Her stalk eyes, and then her main eyes, turn to meet his, her stalks eventually trailing about the remainder of the cabin and registering their surroundings.

<I am...unharmed,> Terenia says at last, but her thought-speak sounds distant and distracted. Inside Efaen's head an internal storm is brewing as host and Yeerk recollect themselves.

<<The Yeerk filth shot us,>> Efaen says hotly, <<She almost killed us.>>

<<Yeah,>> Terenia agrees, <<She would've too, if it weren't for Corliss.>>

<<Nevermind him. The Yeerk needs to pay. Prince Ossanlin will not be pleased.>> Efaen fumes. Outwardly, Terenia's eyes narrow as her own frustration and indignation at the situation wells up. I actually trusted the dapsen turelek. How stupid could I get? She thinks. Her normally explosive anger is ebbed a bit, though, and after a moment or two she realizes why. Corliss is still standing there, watching her, and his presence is distracting her from her anger. In fact, the part of her that is not seething is fluttering with awkward nervousness at his presence, flattered and overjoyed that he had intervened in her death.

<You...you saved me. Thank you.> Terenia finally says aloud, an Andalite blush coloring her cheeks.

((Andalites have dark blue/green blood....so I'm assuming that they blush blue? lol))

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #9785 on: August 17, 2010, 06:42:35 PM »
Elayne raises an eyebrow and shrugs. "Fair enough," she murmurs, turning away. She lifts her bottle and drains the last of her beer. Where's Mar? she wonders, suddenly wanting nothing more than to leave the building. She can still remember the horrible smell of the hallway, the looks of pain on shadowy faces. Pushing her stool back, she stands and turns to walk away from the bar.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9786 on: August 17, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
"Don't mention it," Corliss replies, rubbing his arm.  "Parker, and I reckon Temrash, got you out of the bar, and then Parker 'anded you to me.  What happened back there?  Who shot you?  That was almost certainly a Dracon wound, and Myitt and I..." 

He glances over at Myitt, still sleeping restlessly.  "Well, when she was awake, we heard the noise."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9787 on: August 17, 2010, 07:14:50 PM »
Morgan nodded.

"You can go ahead and take her in," he said, "the crew can look after her on board. I'll send Gaz to check on her later."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9788 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »
Tamora turns her body partially away from Elayne, even though she has already risen, indicating that the conversation is over. She returns to her drink, wondering why neither Terenia nor Keshin has reappeared, but not wanting to go searching them out. After a moments hesitation she pulls herself to her feet and walks over to where Claxter and Cody are, forcing herself to keep the hatred out of her face as she addresses the Andalite.

"Andalite, what happened just now?" she asks, "Back in the hallway."

---

<Keshin,> Terenia says darkly, still examining her arm to make sure that it is healthy and whole, <I don't know why she tried to kill me, but she certainly got damned close.>

<<Terenia, he is a bounty hunter,>> Efaen says.

<<Oh, right. Damn, that means...>> Terenia cusses in open thought-speech, the implications of the situation finally beginning to sink in. If someone at the bar has a hit out on me, I am in deep trouble. Especially considering Ossanlin has me trapped here. she thinks nervously. In her mind she runs through the list of patrons, wondering who had tried to pay for her death. The obvious choice was Tamora, but there were so many others in the bar who hated her. Claxter, Mar, who she herself had tried to kill days before, even Ossanlin may have found it easier to off her, given the circumstances. Even...

Terenia feels her stomach drop slightly as she recounts the events of the past hour or so. Getting drunk off of redin with Myitt, stumbling off into the cooridor, the Dracon shot...She glances to Myitt, lying prostate on the floor.

<<Does she know?>> Terenia wonders to Efaen.

<<Perhaps,>> Efaen replies, <<Perhaps even Corliss is the culprit. He may have decided it easier to put aside his differences with the turelek and try to eliminate you for betraying his sibling. He had Myitt get you drunk then when it went badly he attempted to make it appear as though he was actually trying to rescue you.>>

<<I don't believe that,>> Terenia says, although her gaze flickers between Corliss and Myitt suspiciously.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9789 on: August 17, 2010, 07:26:23 PM »
"Ah, of course, the freak of nature," Corliss sneers.  "I suspected Keshin might've been hired to destroy you.  I don't want to point the blame, but Hadrin and I did see your sister talking to that dapsen coward.  I should never have left you there alone...but, honestly I was afraid that leaving Myitt out here alone would've put her in danger, as well."

He steps closer to Terenia, lowering his voice.  He's well aware of what Terenia's long pause and the look of suspicion might mean. 

"I haven't told her anything.  I didn't want to complicate the situation, not right now.  So if you're concerned it was her idea, you're wrong.  Myitt hates Keshin and she won't ask for his employment lightly, especially when she has no reason to want you dead."

"Now, why would I want a thing like that?" Myitt's voice is tired and still hazy, but she is sitting up and rubbing an eye.  Her host may be exhausted and still buzzed, but the Yeerk is suddenly quite alert.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9790 on: August 17, 2010, 07:32:25 PM »
Claxter saw tamora approach him and ask what happened in the hallway. Cody had said it was a long story.

<Tell us what happened in the hallway.> He asked Cody calmly.

"Okay, so I saw terenia go into the hallway all drunk-like. I decided to go and have some words with her, so I got myself untied."

<What words would you have with Terenia or Efaen?>

"Well look I wasn't going to try anything horrible. Just a bit of fun. You know, a one night stand, as it were."

<I don't get it.>

"Anyway, the controller walks into the hallway before me, and points a gun at her. I try to stop her, but she fires off a shot and roasts her arm off. If it wasn't for me, she'd be dead. And what do I get for my troubles? Some hotshot blasts my leg for no good reason!"

<Where are Keshin and Terenia?>

"Who knows? They were carried off. I noticed Keshin get carried off by the Hork-Bajir controller because I was next to them, but I don't know who grabbed Terenia."

<Great. I can't leave you alone to ensure that Efaen is still alive. I suppose I'll have to assume she demorphed safely. Why would the bounty hunter go after Terenia now? Who put a hit out on her?>

"Well the last person Keshin was talking to before she walked into the hallway was this girl." He said, pointing to Tamora.

<Tamora. I understand if you want to kill your sister, but her host is important to me. I can't stand by as you order the death of the Yeerk that has enslaved her.> 

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9791 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
"It's a bit late for that, don't you think?" Tamora sneers, her mood significantly worsened by the news that Terenia has likely survived and Keshin is likely being detained somewhere, "Far as I remember you were asleep while I was talking to Keshin. For someone who cares so much for that dapsen Andalite body, you certainly didn't rush to its aid."

----

Terenia looks faintly relieved that Corliss addressed the issue quickly. She can sense that Efaen is far from convinced, but she hardly has time to address her hosts feelings towards Corliss and Myitt. She looks down at Tara's body, then up to Corliss questioningly. She has no idea how to proceed from her. A large part of her wants to tell Myitt and get it over with, but after narrowly escaping death she does not particularly want anyone else after her.

<I assumed everyone wanted me dead,> Terenia says to Myitt noncommitally, <After all, I am such a charming character.>

To Corliss she adds, <<I will tell her what I did ->>

<<Imbecile!>> Efaen interjects internally. Terenia ignores her, continuing to speak to Corliss.

<<I will tell her. It is...the right thing to do, I think. But I am afraid that now is not the proper time. It would be bad for me to have more enemies right now. I have no guarantee that she won't pull her Dracon on me next.>> Terenia hesitates before adding, <<Thank you, though. Whatever may happen. I - I appreciate the company that you gave me, and I appreciate your not running to Myitt, or just killing me yourself. It has been a long time since anyone did anything for me without their own personal agenda.>>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9792 on: August 17, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »
Myitt watches Terenia staring at her brother, presumably discussing something privately with him.

"You're welcome, Terenia.  I--" Corliss starts, but he is interrupted by Myitt's loud peal of laughter.  

"Ah hah hah hah....you know, I knew there was a reason I liked you," Myitt says, grinning.  She slowly climbs to her feet, steadying her human body.  "You know you're a regular in this place when almost everyone wants you dead."  

She staggers over to them, stuffing her hands in her jacket pockets.  "But I was asking precisely what it is that my brother hasn't told me."  At Corliss' surprised look, she pats him on the arm.  "Don't worry.  I'm sure it can't be too embarrassing."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9793 on: August 17, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
<I made a mistake getting drunk, but I didn't expect someone to try to kill Terenia. Now I need to keep watch over this Human like I'm supposed to, and I don't even know where Terenia and Efaen are.> Claxter said. <I suppose it is too late. However, I should report this to my Prince. I'm not sure where he is, and I can't drag Cody along with an injured leg. I'm trapped. I suppose I have to watch you too now? I'll bet you'd like to kill all of us that brought you here as soon as Terenia. We're the reason Zorish is dead, while Terenia would have been happy just stalking you on that bladeship acting like she had some sort of vague plan of action for you.>

"You don't have any rope to tie her up with." Cody said.

<I could think of something.> He said. He did have his shredders, and was in his normal form.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9794 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »
"Is this what you people here do?" Tamora wonders out loud, "Gallavant around the galaxy kidnapping people and tying them up? No, Andalite, I do not want you dead. I wouldn't mind it, but I have no grudge against you beyond your irritating attitude. There are two people responsible for Zorish's death. Myitt, who carried out the act, and Terenia, without whom I would still be on the Blade Ship where I belong."

Tamora makes a sound that is somewhere between a laugh and a snort, "Go ahead, tie me up again. What do I have to lose? You've already destroyed the person I care about most."

----

Terenia shifts from one hoof to another, unsure whether or not to proceed.

<<Go on, then,>> Efaen hisses, <<Tell her. I am sure she will forgive you. After all, she likes you. Besides, if you don't, I will.>>

Terenia ignores her host and, receiving no response, Efaen begins struggling for power over her body. It is futile, of course, but her efforts are somewhat distracting for Terenia.

<I don't- I'm not sure that -> Terenia fumbles, looking at Corliss desperately.

<<He will tell soon enough.>>

<Alright, fine!> Terenia snaps, half to Efaen and half to Myitt, <Have it your way. Myitt, I'm sorry, I really, really am. I know you'll probably never forgive me, and hell, you may just shoot me here and now, but I'll just have to hope you're as good of a Yeerk as your brother.>

She hesitates, faltering as nerves take over, unable to damn herself in Myitt's eyes. Once again she looks to Corliss for help.