Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 341845 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9750 on: August 16, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
Cody started crawling along the floor, trying to get to the bathroom. That controller mentioned using a towel, which wasn't a bad idea.

Temrash reached his ship, and ordered the hatch up to go inside. Once inside he closed the hatch and laid Keshin down so he could look for those force field generators.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9751 on: August 16, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »
((Yes, well this isn't absolutely necessary, so keep that in mind--besides that, try to keep your characters down to a minimum to begin with, okay?  Maybe once things get a bit less turbulent you can sit down and chat with someone at the bar, but right now, do your characters know what Yeerks are?  Andalites?  Maybe you could focus more on the details like that, rather than rushing into a battle your guys know nothing about.  Just saying, we've been doing this for years and we want to help you be the best you can be at writing roleplaying dialogue :)  And we want to interact with you, instead of being confused and a little put-off.  Just some pointers, that's all.))

Corliss runs toward the hallway, squinting in the darkness, then he looks around at the main bar.  "Where...what happened?  We heard shots and..."  

Without even seeing the situation between Hadrin, Cody, and Keshin, he heads for the back door and hesitantly creaks the big wooden thing open.  

Nothing.

He heads back towards the front of the bar, frowning and stopping in his tracks, thinking...

Then he remembers.  Parker was carrying a girl.  An injured girl...

<Oh, God, mate, that was 'er,> Mike whispers.

Corliss nods imperceptibly and hurries back out to the front of the bar.  He approaches Parker, staring wide-eyed at Terenia.  

"Can she...is she alive?" he asks tremulously.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #9752 on: August 16, 2010, 10:41:44 PM »
Silver heard all the commotion but she didn't see anything. She worried but it was hard to focus. She wasn't sure if Gaz was still there with her....or if anyone was. She tried to fight to stay awake but all the trauma she had taken couldn't be processed this way. She flitted through her different morphs one time before she finally fell against the tree unable to handle anymore.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Quickest Hands ever

• All you need to know is death fears me
  • You know you at least want to try
« Reply #9753 on: August 17, 2010, 01:15:30 AM »
((since Ossanlin never responed to my last post with Brandon lets just go ahead and ignore it))

Brandon seen the people running out of the bar, and heard the commotion from within the bar. He strode back in ready for whatever could be happening. He doesnt bother though going to see what it was not caring it wasnt his problem he didnt know these people or even where he was. He took a seat at the bar and said to anyone who would answer "where am I, and what is going on around here"

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9754 on: August 17, 2010, 01:31:41 AM »
((Parker was raised to rush into battle. When he saw the situation, he only saw who was hurt, and who was aggressive and acted accordingly. It was 100% in his character to help those in need. Just as he drew on the guy who attempted to arrest Morgan, and the huge demon that tried to demolish the entire bar.

But I didn't have Thordon or The Director join in 'cause it was not in their characters to intervene.))

Parker looked to Corliss, "Yes, Thor reads faint life signs. She's going to live, but only if she can get medical care fast. I'm afraid I can't access her ship. It doesn't recognize me or that the ship's owner is hurt." He looks around and notices that there are other ships of the same design, "This is her ship, isn't it?"

As he scans the parking lot, noticing the other ships, he sees Silver collapse under a tree. He hands Terenia's unconscious body to Corliss and says, "I'm sorry to leave, but someone I care about is in trouble."

He runs over to Silver, placed his arm around her waist while putting her arm behind his head along his shoulders, supporting her weight and helping her stay erect. He cried out, “Silver. Silver wake up. What’s wrong? C’mon, talk to me.”

The Director nodded as he took a shot. After putting the glass down, he said, “Indeed. Standoffs and gunshots… in a bar, shocking. Here I thought this place was finally settling down.”
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #9755 on: August 17, 2010, 01:36:05 AM »
((Okay, finally caught up, I think. I'm going to try to actually stay up on my GESB-ness now... we'll see how well that goes...))

Al and Salem had stayed at their table, watching. Salem was paying particular attention to the calamity centered around Andromeda in the corner. He got the feeling he'd just be getting in the way if he went over there, and with Asda there, he was pretty sure he wouldn't be able to offer any help medically. His expertise was still mostly limited to field First Aid.

Al had been watching Myitt and Terenia as they'd become more and more drunk. He'd actually begun to stand so he could go talk to them, but Myitt had chosen that moment to leave, so he'd merely sighed and slid back down in his chair. When the shot was fired from the back corridor, Salem had tensed up, drawing a tiny silver pistol from inside his jacket, and Al had merely watched, somewhat disinterestedly, as the corridor had filled up with many of the bar's patrons.

"Jeeze. You ever seen a backwater bar this busy?" Salem asked Al tensely.

Al shook his head, "This really isn't like any place I've ever been. At least everyone seems to be interesting."

They'd watched until the sound of Parker's Battle Rifle had jolted Salem's consciousness. It was quickly followed by the sound of another Dracon shot. Salem cursed.

"This place is getting a bit too hot for my blood," he muttered. Nudging Al to get his attention, he'd slunk out the front door, with Al striding unconcernedly behind him. He drifted away from the light of the bar and into the darkness.

Catching sight of motion, he'd pulled a tiny telescope-like object out of the pocket of his pants, and used it to watch. It was Parker, carrying what appeared to be a badly injured girl. A moment later, Al nudged him and pointed to another area. When Salem checked it out with his small scope, he saw a Hork-Bajir carrying Keshin into a ship.

"Al, get to the ship," he growled at the android.

Al raised his eyebrows. "You serious?" he asked incredulously.

Salem stared blankly at him for a second, then smiled. "I'm gonna go see what happened to Kess. Or Joanne. Or... whoever. I could use your eyes behind me."

Al chuckled. "Fine, go play commando-diplomat-spy or whatever. I'll cover your ass." He jogged off towards Salem's ship, opened the hatch, stepped inside, and closed the hatch.

Salem moved towards Temrash's ship as stealthily as possible, drawing his tiny silver pistol and dialing in a setting that he hoped would knock out a Hork-Bajir, in case he should need it. He glanced around, and, seeing nobody watching him, walked up and knocked on the hull.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:35:48 AM by Aluminator »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Alic

« Reply #9756 on: August 17, 2010, 01:40:06 AM »
((I know Lumy.. I keep saying that too. But with me mostly being on my phone and it seems there's new people everyday I just feel lost. I WILL post, but now my excuse is: I'm sleepy. I've been away since 4 am and spent about 9 hours of my day driving. Goodnight. :) ))

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #9757 on: August 17, 2010, 05:23:42 AM »
((Quick, I don't check the Bar every day.  I'm a casual RP'er.  This is the first time I read your earlier post, and the one that said I ignored you.  Since you've decided to nix the old post, I won't respond to it.  This is the first response I've posted on the board since you posted your earlier comment.  I'm sorry but some people take a little time to read and post.  I happen to be one of those usually.  :) ))

Ossanlin shakes his head at Mar.  <Innocent?  You think I'm innocent?  True I may not be a grizzled old veteran, but when it comes to the war...I am a veteran.  I can be ruthless...I have been ruthless, but only when absolutely necessary.  There are times when it would be much more convenient to be ruthless, but there are other paths, better paths to pursue.  And no matter the difficulty, I try to pursue the better path.>  Ossanlin chuckles ruefully.  <This...abduction... it seemed like the better path.  I tried to help Terenia, though she abhors me.  I tried to help her sister.  And I tried to help Efaen.  Along the way, my friend...your precious...comitted a war-crime.  That entire mission would not have happened were it not for me.  I might've ruined Myitt.  A Yeerk dissident was killed in a most terrible way.  And for all I know Terenia and Tamora are going to try to kill each other.  Tamora at least...though I wouldn't put it past Terenia at this point.  Efaen would be lost in the shuffle...probably killed as well.  And so the three I tried to help would be dead...a fourth...a friend who would've been fine otherwise may be ruined.  Suddenly this is not only a worse path, it is one of the worst paths possible.  An error of judgement, and a bad one.>  

Ossanlin looks out at the lake regarding the shiny reflections on its surface for a moment.  <I was naive.  I understand that now.  I am one individual trying to change a galaxy.>  Ossanlin lets out another melancholy chuckle.  <I won't even scratch the surface, and that, Mar, is what causes my sadness.  I am powerless to change anything.  It is impossible to help everyone and make the Universe even a little bit better.>  He looks back at Mar.  <I am purposeless Mar.  I am insignificant.  My goals are unachievable...impo ssible...and there is no way to fix that.  I'm hopeless...and it is truthfully the worst feeling in the galaxy.>

The sound of a gunshot and the characteristic energy discharge of a dracon echo faintly through the woods and Ossanlin glances back at the bar, bringing both hands to his head to massage his temples.  <It just keeps getting worse...>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:46:41 AM by Ossanlin »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9758 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:57 AM »
Temrash found the generators, and began placing them on the floor. He activated them, and they formed a dome over Joanne's body that was big enough for her to sit up and stretch out, but not stand up completely. He would wait for the paralysis to wear off on its own before speaking to Keshin. As soon as he had finished, he heard knocking on the hull. He opened the hatch to find someone he didn't recognize standing there.

"Hello. My name is Temrash. what is yours, and why have you followed me to my ship?" He figured it was because of Keshin, but he didn't know if the guy was worried for her safety, or had other motives. He noticed the guy had a firearm, but he wasn't too worried.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Quickest Hands ever

• All you need to know is death fears me
  • You know you at least want to try
« Reply #9759 on: August 17, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
((Spartan, Im lost who is the director talking to, I probably misssed something and Ossanlin, Im sorry I thought I seen you post after it, my apologies))

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #9760 on: August 17, 2010, 07:58:15 AM »
((The Director was talking to Elayne.))

Elayne nods in response to The Director. "Well, it wouldn't have happened if she," she jerks her head towards Tamora, "hadn't gone against my advice." She is speaking loudly enough for the subject of her irritation to hear her.

She turns in her seat to face her more directly. "Do you think we haven't all suffered wrongs? Haven't all been betrayed? You're not going to accomplish anything but creating more pain, at this point. Not to mention you can't know the time-related consequences for actions like these."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9761 on: August 17, 2010, 09:11:31 AM »
The group of pirates in the bar heard the commotion of the fight, but they weren't concerned with that at the moment. It wasn't their fight anyway. True to the nature of people like them, they tended to keep away from conflicts that didn't concern them, it kept away possible unwanted attention.

That was when Gaz said, "Hey, where's Silver? I thought she was right behind me."

"Morgan," Andromeda managed to say. Morgan knew what it meant. She wanted him to go and make sure Silver was ok.

"Go ahead, Morgan," Gaz said, "I'll take over here and keep your spot warm.

Morgan stormed out back towards the direction of the door. Gaz had told him that when last she saw Silver she was by a tree. He would check there.

While he was looking around, he noticed Fletcher racing back with the supplies that Asda wanted. Hopefully the fighting, wherever it was, gave him no trouble.

Then Morgan saw Silver with Parker nearby. He walked up and said, "How is she?"

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #9762 on: August 17, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »
Salem smiled, but did not holster his weapon. "I'm Salem." He frowned. "Temrash. That's not really a Hork-Bajir name, is it? You a Yeerk too?" He pushed down the slight shudder of nervousness this had caused him. "I'm a... friend of Kess. What happened?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9763 on: August 17, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »
Temrash didn't trust this guy. He looked like he had a thing against Yeerks, even though he said he was Keshin's friend.

"I'm quite certain that Keshin tried to kill Terenia. A shot was fired, and she was the only one in the hallway pointing a dracon around. I plan to question her about who hired her, since she's a bounty hunter. Although I have a suspicion that it was the Human that Terenia has a morph of. I'm not completely sure, though. I have no plans to kill Keshin, but she is an enemy of my comrades and I may need to hold her until further notice."

Temrash didn't invite Salem into the bugfighter, but he could probably see Keshin through the doorway.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9764 on: August 17, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »
Parker looked to Morgan and shook his head, "I don't know, she won't say anything. I went to help the situation in the hallway, and when I came back she was almost collapsed onto the tree."

RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress