Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 345975 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9825 on: August 18, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »
Terenia nods, knowing that it is more than she deserves, although she does feel the need to correct one bit of information. <Earth itself is of little concern to me. Whether the humans live or die or become slaves of the Empire is only important because it will likely determine how this war plays out. Earth, and the majority of the human race, is not worth more attention than that.>

She hesitates then, knowing that she should leave it at that. Her indignance gets the best of her, though, and she goes on. <I may be young, but I am not much younger than that host of yours. Is she not a warrior of sorts? You can't tell me that I am nothing more than a niave, stupid girl when I have been fighting every second of my life since I left Earth. Maybe I've made mistakes, but so has every person in this war.>

Her tirade is broken off at the sound of banging at the hull. She glances towards the hatch with her stalk eyes, secretly glad for the distraction.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9826 on: August 18, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
Myitt, and then Corliss, also turn their attention toward the sound of banging on the ship's hull.

"See, that's where your opinion and mine differ.  If you don't care about the freedom of your own people, then you don't care about what my friends and I have fought, and sometimes died for.  We've all made mistakes in this terrible ordeal, but not all of us have been driven mad by it." 

She walks over to the hatchway, placing a finger in the upper left side of the hatch. 

"Computer, viewscreen opacity at 100%," she commands, and as she drags a diagonal line to the lower right a square window appears in the hull.  More than a window, it is as if there is nothing there at all, although it is one-way: Only those inside the ship can see out, and Parker cannot see in.

"Parker," Corliss says.  "He left Terenia here, reckon he's come to check on her."

"Draw your weapon anyway, I don't trust him," Myitt says, and she commands the computer to open the hatch.  The viewscreen vanishes as the ship's hatchway melts open.

Myitt leans out, clinging to the hatch to maintain her host's balance. 

"Yes?  Can we help you?" she says, feigning cheerfulness. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #9827 on: August 18, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »
Silver's eyes fluttered as she tried to wake once more but that nagging little voice told her she was not yet ready. The voice wasn't hers but more of a male tenor. She gave up on trying to figure it out years go. She begged to be let go but he argued with no release.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9828 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »
"I respect that you want to maintain your professionalism Keshin. I won't torture you for information, as I have a strong distaste for torture. That tends to happen to victims of torture. anyway, you will remain here while I check the prime suspects. It should be difficult to find the one who hired you." Temrash said. He turned around and typed in some commands to the computer.

"Aside from the forcefield, you will be sealed inside. Any attempts to mess with the computer or hatch will cause it to shut down all life support and syphon the air out of the ship. That means even if you break out pf the field, trying to escape will likely lead to death by suffocation. That goes for anyone trying to break in from the outside too." He said, directing the last sentence to Salem. "Salem you may have some words with Keshin before I leave."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:48:12 PM by Chad28 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9829 on: August 18, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Hadrin pauses on his way out, turning to Temrash. 

"Surely you won't leave this creature here alone, while you check on possible bounties?" he demands.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9830 on: August 18, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
"I'm not going to sit here and watch him for days, and unless someone has the power to punch a hole through my ship he shouldn't be able to leave. Although there are people around with ships that have guns. This particular ship is designed for speed and stealth, so it can't take an excessive amount of damage. If you'd like, go find Ossanlin and Parker and tell them I'd like them to come to my ship. They are my two most powerful allies, and hopefully they will help. Parker is the guy running around in full armor."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9831 on: August 18, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »
"I think you're underestimating the power of this creature," says Hadrin, walking closer.  "She could very well blow a hole in the side of your ship!"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9832 on: August 18, 2010, 09:23:30 PM »
"It is my understanding that Human controllers have weak bodies. She shouldn't be able to use any weapons in here, but even if she tried she wouldn't be able to make a hole before she ran out of what air she might be holding when she holds her breath. Go find Parker or Ossanlin. I'll watch her until you get back. He's unarmed in a force field, and I'm very good at combat. Although perhaps you have another idea?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9833 on: August 18, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
"Listen, you idiot," Hadrin snarls, "that thing in there has the ability to move faster than your puny Hork-Bajir eyes can see, and she's a walking timebomb, so forgive me if I don't trust your ability to watch over him!"

He turns to Keshin.  "Look.  I know you've got at least one other hit out on someone at this bar.  If you tell me, then maybe we'll let you out.  If not, you can tell us when you're desperate to feed.  It's your choice."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #9834 on: August 18, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
Elayne weaves between the Bar's tables out the front door. She took several steps away from the building, looking around for Mar. When she doesn't immediately see him, however, she turned towards the ship yard. With a slow yawn, she makes her way to her ship. "How long has it been since I slept?" she wonders aloud as she unlocks the hull. Inside, everything is just as she had left it. Wearily, she makes her way to the bed and lays down with the hatch still open.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9835 on: August 18, 2010, 10:36:26 PM »
"Don't call me an idiot just because I didn't know his host was an anomaly." Temrash said, standing up and giving Hadrin a serious glare. "Now what do you propose we do? I don't want to stand here until Keshin starts starving, and I don't have any bio stasis modules. I suppose I could give her some sedatives, but I don't want to go using up my supplies."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9836 on: August 18, 2010, 10:39:32 PM »
Parker's hand falls through as the doorway melts away. He stands back surprised when Myitt's head pops out and asks what he wanted. He stands quiet for a moment and says, "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was Terenia's ship. I left her here with Corliss. She was very badly injured. I was wondering how she's doing."

The Director grabbed an empty shot glass from behind the counter and placed it in front of Terenia's sister. He pours her a shot and says, "I'm The Director. How'd you like a drink?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9837 on: August 18, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »
"Yeah, she's in here, and she's alive," Myitt says, staring down at Parker.  "Okay.  Goodbye."  She turns back toward the cabin and the hatch closes behind her, rendering the ship completely invisible once more.

She sighs as she turns to the others.  "What do we do now?  Stay here and argue, go back to the bar?  I, for one, could entirely use more sleep.  But it appears there really is no rest for the weary."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9838 on: August 18, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »
"You know what? This argument is pointless. I'll just move the ship." Temrash said. He sat in the pilot's seat and again and made sure the hatch was closed. He began the takeoff procedure, and soon the ship was lifting off the ground. From a high vantage point he felt he may be able to spot Ossanlin himself, and it turned out he was at the lake. Temrash flew over and brought the ship down, opening the hatch.

"Hey Ossanlin! Can you come aboard for a second!? He called from the distance that he landed from the Andalite.

(Poor Oss. His last post was a few pages back. He has catching up to do.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9839 on: August 18, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »
Parker snapped his head back insulted when Myitt basically slammed the door in his face. He slammed his hand against the hull once more. Putting more effort into it. This time the ship should fill with the sound. Also, unless the ship had its shields raised, the hatch could possibly have been dented.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress