Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 361136 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10260 on: September 08, 2010, 01:21:50 PM »
((Haha... stripping Salem of all his stuff would be a bit of a process >.< If you like, I can PM you the list of what he's carrying now, so you'll know what Temrash will find if he ever gets around to searching him.))

Salem didn't know who Alic and Myitt were, and at the moment, he didn't really care. When Temrash moved towards him and made a grab for his Neural Pistol inside his jacket, he spun out of the way. As he did, he drew a handle from his right pants pocket that quickly snapped out, revealing a nine-inch poison-tipped Palidinian switchblade. He used the momentum of his spin to swing at Temrash with it, but he misjudged the distance between them, and caught Temrash's elbow blade just under his ribs. He tumbled to the ground and quickly turned to face Temrash, sitting on the ground, holding the knife ready at his side.

"Jeeze! Calm down, Yeerk! That wasn't my ship. My ship wouldn't shoot at me. I get that you're angry, but if you want help figuring out who's responsible for that escape, threatening me with a Dracon is not the way to get it. Can I buy you a drink and we'll try to figure out how to find the one that did it?" He touched the gash in his side and drew away his hand. Looking at the blood on it, he said, "You move fast for a Hork-Bajir." A little poison in your system will fix that, he thought.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10261 on: September 08, 2010, 03:17:11 PM »
"He fired the second you left the ship, and Keshin made a beeline for that ship. Now who told him he'd be safe on a strange ship? So you're going to play innocent, huh? I don't buy it. You're guilty until proven innocent. Now empty your pockets."

"I know you were heading somewhere, and talking to someone. If I sent my ship in that direction and did a scan, I'm not going to find that same ship, am I?"

(If Salem is carrying a whole bunch of stuff, Temrash is likely to just leave them in the woods. By the way, I don't feel like looking back but I think Temrash was in the bar when Thordon dragged the ship out of the water. If Al or Salem asked him to do it in the bar, Temrash would remember that.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10262 on: September 08, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
"Mar?" Tamora asks, giving Elayne a quizzical look, "You mean the Napolean guy you were hanging out with before? Actually, yeah. I saw him a little bit ago. He was - you'll probably think I'm insane, but - he was flying. Seemed to be in a bit of a hurry too. He's not here anymore, though." She shrugs, "I don't know where he went. I kind of figured it was all a hologram or something, but who knows in this crazy place."

Tamora babbles on for quite a bit longer than she intended, despite Elayne's obvious distaste. She is beginning to feel a bit nervous about the failed hit on Terenia. If her sister truly has this many friends, her life could be on the line very quickly. The resulting anxiety has her a bit chattier than she was when she first arrived, steeped with grief.

------

Terenia sees distant activity in the shipyard and quickens her pace, wishing for her four Andalite legs, but knowing that there is not enough time to demorph.

"This is stupid," she mutters, "I'm on a wild goose chase after someone who is probably dead. Someone who I now owe a debt that can't be repaid. Damn you Andalites and your stupid sense of honor. Why did I have to spend so much time getting that crap drilled into my head?"

<<It is quite possibly the only redeemable quality you possess,>> Efaen notes, <<I would not shove it to the side hastily.>>

"Shut up," Terenia says, pushing onward.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #10263 on: September 08, 2010, 06:56:41 PM »
The Director nodded, "He said something about needing a doctor. A 'four-armed doctor' to be precise."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10264 on: September 08, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
"There's another Dracon in my ship," Myitt says, shaking her head.  She presses her palms against her eyes.  "I can't believe I forgot it.  We're so damn tired."  Myitt sighs and looks up blearily, glancing over her shoulder at Corliss.  "Take care of him, and don't you get shot, you idiot."

Corliss smiles a bit.  "I'll try not to, ya great pissed git," he says.  "Same goes for you, then.  All of you."

Myitt nods, glancing at Parker, and then turns, walking out of the cabin and down the metal ramp.

"Come on, Alic," she calls, waving without looking back.  "Before we fall asleep on you."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10265 on: September 08, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
"Myitt!" Terenia calls in relief, a clear figure finally emerging from the hulking shadows that surround The Mirage. She slows to a walk as she nears the ramp, breathing heavily from her impromptu jog.

"Wha -" she gasps, "What happened?" she trails off, unsure if Myitt has even found Ossanlin herself. She could just be at his ship looking for him. Then she sees an Andalite shadow from aboard the ship - a female Andalite that she recognizes as Aliciana, who she had just seen with Ossanlin moments before.

"Is he..." she trails off, looking from Myitt to Alic and back, letting the question and all of its implications hang between them.

Alic

« Reply #10266 on: September 08, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
Alic followed Myitt out of the Mirage and down the ramp and was surprised to see Terenia there. Why did she care what happened? <He should be fine. He's.. Resting now.>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10267 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
"Yeah, Ossanlin's alive, unlike some of us," Myitt says gruffly as she pushes through the trees.  "I suggest you stay inside that ship, if you want to remain that way yourself."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #10268 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »
Parker nodded to Alic accepting her request. When Myitt told Corliss to be careful and then glanced at Parker, he said, "I'll protect them both. Don't worry no one aboard this ship will die."

He heard Terenia exclaiming outside. He felt relieved that she was okay. Hopefully she would take Myitt's advice and board the ship; that way he could protect her as well. With the chaos that had broken out, it actually gave Parker something to occupy his mind with. He was grateful, but he also missed being with Silver.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10269 on: September 09, 2010, 05:33:53 AM »
A look of relief crosses Terenia's face, followed by one of confusion, "Unlike some...? What happened? Did someone else-?" Her face blanches, "Corliss?" she asks in a wavering tone.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #10270 on: September 09, 2010, 07:37:59 AM »
Asda had gone off looking for the patient Fletcher had run in to tell her about.

"I heard someone needed medical help!" she called out.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10271 on: September 09, 2010, 07:41:10 AM »
Keshin listens to the harried conversation between Al and Salem and looks down. He can't help but feel a little guilty for causing these two so much trouble. <We did this. It's our fault that they might have killed Ossanlin, have made enemies of half the Bar. We're not supposed to bring other people into our hits.>

<Hey, Kess...it was them that decided they were gonna help us. It's not really our problem what trouble it causes. Ain' that what you always say? You're gettin' soft.>

<Joanne, we've never killed two un-related people and missed killing the target before. This Bar is cursed. When we get the chance, we'll get our ship and the Dracon and hightail it out of this hellhole.>

Keshin then takes the hologram projector and states worriedly, "This is...far more collateral damage than we typically get. We're usually much more efficient than this. Something about this Bar...distorts people, I think. They can become things here that they never were before. They can care about people like Terenia when they were misanthropes moments earlier. I'm sorry that you've gotten involved in our problems at all. With any luck, you'll be able to get out in one piece. And then I can ask Salem why he'd sacrifice himself for us."
*****************************************************************************************************
Mar immediately starts off quite quickly in the direction he remembers Ossanlin being, hoping that Fletcher will carry his message. He cannot bear to be separated from his dying friend. His memory is still fairly good, which is a lucky side effect of him once being an immortal. He has a chance to stop this before it happens, and he's not going to waste it. If he dallies, Ossanlin will die. Just like all the others...except those times he was to blame. Indirectly.

A cruel smirk crosses Mar's face when he thinks of what he will do if he finds the person responsible first. He imagines that he will do a better job of giving that person what they deserve than the others.  

« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:46:52 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10272 on: September 09, 2010, 08:03:17 AM »
Elayne is startled by Tamora's long-winded response. Perhaps days like this do that to people, she thinks with a shrug. "Sounds about right. He has some... strange abilities," she tells her, pulling up a stool near hers and perching on top. As unbalanced as Tamora seems to be, Elayne imagines the best idea is to keep a close eye on her. "I have a feeling I've only seen a fraction of what he's capable of, too. I'd hate to get on his bad side."

Tora emerges from the hallway, fully clothed, but she does not stay to talk. Weaving around the tables, she heads straight out the Bar door again, her head turning from side to side as she looks for her fellow rebels. <<Myitt!>> she calls.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10273 on: September 09, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »
Myitt stops in the middle of pushing a branch aside, and turns to Terenia, looking at Alic as well.

"Hadrin and Justin were killed by that bounty hunting filth," Myitt says, as calmly as she can.  "Corliss is on board the Mirage.  And me?"  She laughs, holding up her hands.  "We're unarmed.  Isn't that funny?  I'm going to remedy this and find that dapsen coward Keshin.  Maybe put him out of his misery."

Without waiting for a response she turns and crunches through the trees, scowling to herself.

A few seconds later she hears Tora's voice reverberate through her shared head.

"Tora!" she yells, and then winces at the sound.  "Over here!"  She sticks her fingers into her mouth and tries in vain to whistle, then snarls in frustration. 

In the end she pulls out a small pen flashlight, of the very normal Earth variety, and shines it around in the woods.  "I am drawing as much attention to myself as possible!  Get your tail over here!" she cries impatiently.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:32:06 AM by Han Solo (Myitt) »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10274 on: September 09, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »
At hearing no response from Myitt -- only a few distant voices over the muffled ones inside the Bar -- Tora starts walking towards where she has last seen her. The sudden appearance of light in the woods just a moment later, however, attracts her attention. <<Hoping that's you. I'm on my way,>> she calls, jogging to the forest's edge, pushing through the foliage, and following the light towards its source. The peeling heel on her worn sneakers makes a loud snapping sound with every step she takes.
Aluminator's RAFsister