Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 361137 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10275 on: September 09, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »
((Yeah, Chad, I think Temrash probably was around when Salem asked Thordon to get his ship out. Salem's doing his best to bluff ;) Haha... the mob that seems to be forming to chase after Salem should grab torches and pitchforks and start screaming "witch!" It'll be the Salem witch trial ;D))

Al began typing quickly on the keypad of the small device in Keshin's hand and said, "I wouldn't worry too much about Salem. He's been in worse situations before. Besides, he's got me. And you, if you're up for it." He smiled and raised and eyebrow. "I'll keep in mind that the bar changes people. I'm just hoping I can get the people there to loosen up. Everyone seems so tense all the time."

The hologram device trilled, signaling it was ready. "Okay, whenever you're ready, you just hold this thing in your hand and concentrate on it and it'll change your appearance to whatever you want. It'll work for about thirty hours before needing a recharge, but you need to keep it on you. Probably want to keep yourself as a female human and still acknowledge that you're a Yeerk, just in case anyone wants to scan you. Pretend you're a new arrival at the bar and nobody should look twice. You probably want to wait until Salem gets back here, just in case the people following him see you."

Salem laughed. He could feel the adrenaline coursing through his system, but it was a different kind of rush than trying to keep a War Prince from dying. This was Salem's comfort zone. He was used to dealing with ****y aliens with guns pointed at him.

"I don't think so, Temrash," he said, grinning. "I'm carrying some expensive equipment. I can't just give it to you and get nothing in return. That's bad for business."

He activated the small device sewn inside his pants, just above the back of his knee. It began to glow bright white, setting up a powerful electromagnetic field and heavily ionizing the air in the vicinity. It was actually a similar effect to the one he'd set up with the plasma warhead he'd fired at Temrash's ship, but this was designed to last a bit longer, and wouldn't be enough to affect a whole ship. As long as Temrash stayed within twenty yards or so of Salem, his Dracon shouldn't work properly, at least until the device burned itself out in a couple of minutes. The field would render most of Salem's equipment inoperable, too, but he wasn't relying on electronics. This was one of the only devices that Salem had ever felt it prudent to carry multiples of.

Salem reached down, knife still in hand, and calmly pulled up his right pant leg. He began unstrapping what looked like a gun constructed from pieces of copper pipe from his leg.

"The ship that fired came closer to hitting me than to hitting your ship. You want to tell me you think I did it, fine, but I don't like being held at gunpoint. There are two ways for this to go, Yeerk. Either you put down the gun and we talk this out like civilized creatures, or I make sure they're finding pieces of you in this forest for the next decade."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10276 on: September 09, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »
Terenia's anxiety deflates as soon as Myitt mentions that Corliss is okay. Myitt is still talking...something about someone being killed and her going off to find Keshin...but Terenia is already shoving past her and onto the ship. She is somewhat more careful when moving around Aliciana, not wanting to fire up the Andalite's temper. As soon as she sidles around the Andalite she sees Corliss, on board the ship just as Myitt said.

"Corliss," she says in a rattled tone. She staggers up to him, wrapping her arms around his chest in a hug, unexpected tears springing to her eyes.

-------

"Then it is smart of you to befriend him," Tamora notes. The bartender delivers a fresh water, favoring her with a particularly unenthused look as he does so. Tamora ignores him, clutching the water tightly, "Best to have as much power on your side as possible, if things get ugly." She pauses, "What is your side, by the way? Or the flying man's for that matter."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #10277 on: September 09, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
As Terenia entered the ship, Thor scanned her body.  He said to Parker inside his helmet, <Sir, heart rate and heat levels suggests->

Parker cut is helmet speakers and interjected, "I know, she loves him.  The hell kind of place to fall in love, huh?"

<Sir, if you recall->

"I know Thor, I was being ironic."

As Terenia embraced Corliss, Parker reactivated his helmet's speakers, "Ossanlin should be fine.  Is there anywhere I can put him down?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:02:57 PM by Darth Revan »
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10278 on: September 09, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »
((Erm....I didn't know Alic was in love with Corliss. Back off my man, girl!))

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10279 on: September 09, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
((Haha, yeah, Alic and Corliss?  That would just be weeeeeird xD))

Corliss turns from checking Ossanlin's pulse and is nearly bowled over by Terenia's hug.

After a second of surprise he hugs her back, tightly.  

"'ey, what's all this then?" he asks her softly.  

---

Myitt waves the flashlight around.

"And I hope that's you, Tora, and not one of those little feathered dinosaurs," Myitt calls.

<Velociraptors,> Tara intones.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #10280 on: September 09, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »
¤lol didn't see that one Parker your post in KH¤
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10281 on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
"I thought..." Trenia shakes her head, not able to verbalize exactly why she is acting so irrational. The combined force of her sister's return, nearly dying at the hands of the turelek, having to come clean with Myitt and realizing that perhaps everyone in the bar isn't out to make her life miserable seems to have driven her to the brink. She clutches Corliss tightly for a few moments, before Efaen's instinctual dislike of close contact leads her to pull away.

"Sorry," she murmurs, wiping her eyes quickly, hoping that no one had taken notice of her near-breakdown. She looks around the ship, and as she takes inventory of the inhabitants her cheeks redden significantly.

"Where's Ossanlin?" She asks, both changing the subject and approaching the true reason for her appearance on the ship.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10282 on: September 09, 2010, 07:24:13 PM »
Corliss searches Terenia's eyes.  "Don't be sorry, love," he says finally.  "You've had a hell of a day, all right?  Let's forget it all for now, yeah?"  He clears his throat and looks over at the med bay.

"Parker, reckon you can set him in one of the medical slings in there," Corliss says.  "Come on, let's make sure he doesn't knock anything over with that suit of his."  He paces over to the med bay doors, smiling a little.

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #10283 on: September 09, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »
Silver sat there with her arms around her legs as she waited. The computer gave a whirring and a beeping making her jump and then continued the scan in a higher pitched octave. She took a couple deep breaths to calm herself. When she jumped at the sound her eyes had darkened and then slowly brightened to theur original color.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10284 on: September 09, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »
((Sorry, I'm not sure why that happened. Fixed.))

Parker lifted Ossanlin slightly in his arms to illustrate his answer to Terenia, "Here, in my arms." Corliss made a joke as he showed him where the medbay was. He didn't react to Corliss's joke; instead he just ducked his way into the room. He found a sling and gently placed Ossanlin inside. He stood by and asked, "Do you have to hook him up to any instruments?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10285 on: September 09, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Corliss steps into the med bay and walks over to Ossanlin, shaking his head.

"To be honest, mate, I don't know," Corliss says, peering around the bright room.  "I'm not exactly an expert on Andalite ships, let alone Andalite medical devices.  If he's demorphed, he should be healed...but mentally, the shock..."  He shrugs.  "His pulse is regular, so I reckon we'll just have to wait until he wakes up."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10286 on: September 09, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »
Elayne shrugs. "Mar's side is more complicated; I'll let him speak for himself. Me? I used to lead a Yeerk rights movement on Earth, but that's all in the past now. I don't really... have a side anymore."

The slight narrowing of her eyes reveals that she may be more troubled by this than she would like to let on, and she turns to the bartender to order another beer.

Tora hears Tara's voice a moment later and pushes her way through the remaining foliage between them. "Myitt," she nods apologetically. "I had to return to the building." She cannot prevent her eyes from tracking to the Andalite beside her. Good thing I remorphed, she sighs in relief. "What is going on? Did you find Keshin?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10287 on: September 09, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »
"No, but we sure as hell are going to," Myitt grates, clicking off the flashlight.  She sighs.  "Tora, this is my friend Alic.  Naturally she's an ally of the rebellion.  I don't think you've met."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10288 on: September 09, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
Parker nodded, "If need be. I'll be in the main compartment and guard the entrance." He ducked back out of the room and stood at the ship's door. He wanted the door to close, but it wasn't his ship to control, so he just stood fast and watched the outside for anyone coming toward the ship. He kept his back to Corliss and Terenia to give them some privacy.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10289 on: September 09, 2010, 10:22:07 PM »
"No," Tora agrees and reluctantly extends her right hand to Alic, trying to act as human as possible. Friend of the rebellion though the Andalite may be, Tora has no intention of revealing her true species. As she offers her hand to Alic, she turns her eyes back on Myitt. "You are intent on eliminating the bounty hunter, I take it? Are you adequately armed?" A quick glance at Myitt's person revealed no weapons.
Aluminator's RAFsister