Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 360498 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10035 on: August 29, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
Ossanlin staggers as the ship lurches and burning pain suffuses the room.  His fine fur insulates a bit, but the pain causes him to flinch back.  Purely as a reflex and reaction to attack and danger, his fur flashes silver, eating up precious energy as he returns to his silver-blade form.  He staggers into the wall, placing a hand against it for support.  His senses explode with the transformation and he senses a joint form...a controller...Kesshi n, running away at remarkable speed outside Temrash's craft.  He also senses another life-form, humanoid outside, and then a third life-form levitating a bit off the ground...a cloaked ship, possibly on the ground with the pilot elevated in the ****pit.

<Temrash, we're under attack from a ship of unknown origin cloaked that way...>  Ossanlin points in the direction of the offending vessel.  <Approximately 400 meters.>  Just then, a force-field locks in place around Ossanlin.  He grimaces and warps time around himself to escape the effects of the repression field.  He gallops down the ramp towards the other vessel, enhancing his speed by warping time around his own body...the signature that had to be Kesshin had almost reached the vessel, if his estimate was correct.

((Same with me, if you guys don't like something about my post or as Kelly said 'if anything is evil...' let me know.))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #10036 on: August 30, 2010, 12:01:19 AM »
~~ okay...some might call this spamming...I call it tired of waiting lol. I have an rp in general roleplay called The Dark Angel's Love and I need a male dark angel.....if someone would PLZ join??? ~~
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10037 on: August 30, 2010, 03:06:55 AM »
Salem stood up and looked around, his ears still ringing. He glanced back, and saw Keshin already running for his ship. He noticed Hadrin taking aim at Keshin.

Tenacious, Yeerk, he thought. He reached to draw his own weapon from inside his jacket, but the gun was caught on something in the pocket. He struggled to get it out, taking note of Elayne running up, and something streaking past him after Keshin.

The Andalite?

Still unable to draw his weapon, he managed to choke out "H-Hadrin!"

Al watched the ship's sensors closely, and noticed Joanne running towards the ship at greater speed than he expected of a human. He allowed the ship to drift slowly towards her, trying to shorten her running distance. Suddenly, there was something else moving towards the ship. It was an Andalite, and it was moving faster than he'd ever known them to move.

"Oh, crap," he said aloud. He increased the ship's speed towards Joanne, hoping to scoop her up and shut the hatch before the Andalite could reach her.

((For Oss, and whoever else was away when Al was introduced, he's an android, in what basically amounts to being a prototype Chee body (long story). He's currently projecting a hologram of his favorite human self, a man in his early twenties with straight brown hair that hangs to the middle of his neck, wearing... I guess a tuxedo for now. The ship itself is shaped like an elongated saucer, pointier at the back, it's unnervingly black, about the size of a Bug Fighter, and except for the open hatch, would appear perfectly smooth, with no visible ****pit.))

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10038 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06:05 AM »
((Alright, here's the deal: for some reason I don't fully understand, Myitt's been wanting Keshin to murder Hadrin for like a week now. XD So I'm going to set up events so that this happens. She gave me permission a while ago. *Plays Funeral March* x3 She won't on the other hand have time to think about Ossanlin at all. *Winks* :3 ))

Joanne is making a beeline for the other ship as quickly as possible, with little or no time for distractions. So when she sees an odd...silver distortion of some kind following her out of the corner of her eye, now is not the time to deal with it. Even if Kess would. But as soon as Salem chokes out the word "Hadrin" and a specific sound is heard, instincts honed from years in the streets come into play.

Joanne ducks and skids to her left, as if half-expecting a stream of random bullets to go flying over her head. This will probably cause her to avoid Hadrin's Dracon shot. She whips around and wildly fires at Hadrin, hoping for a hit. She really wasn't aiming very well at all considering her need to get out of there so it could completely miss him. As the ship picks up speed towards her, Joanne gulps and hopes her own mojo will last long enough to make the jump. That familiar feeling is coming on. It's happening faster every time she runs.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10039 on: August 30, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
((The angst!  The drama!  I actually like Hadrin...but with all this shooting, someone's gotta go.))

Hadrin fires at Joanne, but she's so damn fast that it skirts over her head. 

The ship picks up speed, careening after Joanne, just as Joanne fires back at him. 

<Jesus, man, she's too fast!> Justin cries as the inertia knocks them backwards.

The first two shots miss and cut through the trees beyond the ship. 

<It's okay,> Hadrin says tersely.  <I've got her.>

<How is this possibly okay?!> Justin demands.

Hadrin grips onto the edge of the hatchway and tries to draw another bead on Joanne.

It's so fast that neither of them really has time to register what's happened.  Hadrin and his host Justin find themselves knocked against the far wall of Temrash's ship.  There's this weird ringing...

Hadrin tries to get back up.  It was just the ship knocking them backwards again, wasn't it?  Why aren't Justin's legs responding?

<Hadrin,> Justin says quietly.  <I...> 

Pain.  Sudden and shocking.  Hadrin pats at Justin's guts with numb hands and notices the red alien blood from the cauterized hole that has severed Justin's spine and cut through his organs.

<Don't leave me,> Justin whispers.

<I'm right here,> Hadrin says gently, feeling his body weaken along with his human friend's.  How could it have been this bad?  It doesn't even hurt anymore...

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10040 on: August 30, 2010, 09:34:03 AM »
At the sudden fire of weapons, Elayne skids to a stop and staggers back a step, her eyes wide. "Mar!" she shouts again, her hands shaking with the abrupt rush of adrenaline to her body as she raises them in what she hopes is the universal sign for "please don't shoot me."

Tora also immediately reaches for her Dracon. "I believe we have found Keshin," she raises an eyebrow as she looks to Myitt. It is unclear whether she either has a dry sense of humor or none at all.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:54:44 AM by Wowbagger, the Infinitely Prolonged (KitsuneMarie) »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10041 on: August 30, 2010, 09:51:22 AM »
"Fire on the enemy ship! 400 meters ahead!" Temrash yelled. Ossanlin told him there was a ship, and now that it was drifting forward it was more noticable to the sensors. The ship fired the main cannons, which weren't overly powerful but they would hit the enemy ****pit. A shot to the ****pit of a ship was always bad.

"Lower the supression field." He said. Once it was gone he could look around. He noticed Hadrin. "Hadrin? Hadrin!" He rushed over. There was a lot of blood. "I'm sorry Hadrin. Hold on. I'll get a medkit."

<Medkit kit won't be enough.> Jagill said.

<Quiet! This is my fault. Salem said he was a friend of Keshin, but I didn't realise he'd be willing to risk his life for him.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #10042 on: August 30, 2010, 10:29:12 AM »
"Well," Gaz said, "I'm glad that's all over with. Guess it's time to sit back until the next inevitable crisis comes up, right?"

Gaz took another large sip of her drink.

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #10043 on: August 30, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »
"sure I guess." she said and couldn't help but smile. She got alomg with Gaz and she was glad for that.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #10044 on: August 30, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
"It's not an easy topic to talk about," Gaz said, "but I suppose I should give you a heads up as to what to expect when you go to see Andromeda."

Gaz was quiet a moment, trying to find the right wording.

"CG seems to be workin on a theme," she said, "um...I'm sure you've heard the Medusa myth?"

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #10045 on: August 30, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
"The snake haired woman who could turn you into stone if you looked into her eyes?" She blinked a moment.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10046 on: August 30, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
Joanne wasn't really expecting to successfully kill the guy. In fact, all she was doing was blindly reacting to his attempt to kill her. But apparently, judging from Temrash's reaction, Hadrin actually got shot. Luckily, this distraction is exactly what the two of them need. The ship is close enough that they can reach the hatch now.

Joanne tiredly holds up her hand when she reaches the hatch and calls out to Al. The adrenaline is wearing thin, and with it is the energy of her run. "Hey, uhhh--can you help us out? We gotta...we gotta get on fast..."
*****************************************************************************************************
Mar eventually makes it to his feet and attempts to run after Ossanlin. But in his current physical state it's very difficult for him to catch up to the impossibly fast Silver Blade. He's beginning to realize what an inconvenience his slender, unmuscular body type actually is now that he is mortal. Mar quickly begins to fly instead, realizing that this is much more preferable.

From higher up in the air however, Mar spots something which he doubts anyone else is paying attention to: sweet Elayne, holding up her hands in a gesture of submission. Calling his name. The delight on Mar's face is obvious, though she shouldn't be wandering into what's become a battlefield. "Elayne!" Mar calls out. "I'm up here! Please be careful, sweetie!"

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10047 on: August 30, 2010, 11:56:36 AM »
Elayne blinks in confusion at hearing Mar's voice from an unexpected location: up. She heaves a short sigh of relief that he is unharmed, and she retreats fully from the battle, her hands lowering. "You too!" she calls up to him, her tone almost angry. Dammit, what a way to wake up! she thinks, looking towards the other ship that seems to be contributing to--or perhaps even causing--all the ruckus.

Moving behind a parked vessel, she rubs her hands together, attempting to still their shaking now that she knew Mar is unharmed, at least so far. I wonder where Trey is...? That boy had better be unharmed, she bites her lip in worry as she looks between the two embroiled ships.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #10048 on: August 30, 2010, 01:10:47 PM »
Ossanlin gives one final burst of speed, Kesshin's form slowing as his host fluidly drew the dracon and shot...back towards Temrash's ship!  Ossanlin doesn't waste time looking to see if anyone's hit...he whips his tailblade forward at the weapon-bearing hand, hoping to destroy Kesshin's dracon or at least make him drop the weapon.  He draws his dual katana in one fluid motion, swinging them forward in an "x" pattern, his intent to hold the swords at Kesshin's host's throat.  <What on the Homeworld are you doing?!>

Ossanlin has to wrap this up fast...he hadn't had enough time to recover his energies from his previous escapades...he couldn't keep this form up for long, and he knew from the repressed bone-weary feeling that he would be very weak once he reverted.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10049 on: August 30, 2010, 06:41:48 PM »
((Hadrin! Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!))

Salem was looking right at Hadrin when Keshin's shot connected. He stood there in shock for a moment. He was sure he couldn't have made that shot.

Even Amiya would have trouble with that one, he thought.

He staggered to the other side of the ship Elayne was hiding behind, without realizing she was there, and crouched down, watching the scene play out. He'd finally managed to draw his weapon, but he didn't know if he should risk starting a firefight beyond what was already going on.

What the hell is with that Andalite? And... is... is that guy flying?

Al heard Joanne's call for help. He was about to try to jump up and carry her in before the Andalite reached her, but at that moment, the shot from Temrash's ship rocked the fighter. It would have hit the ****pit if the ship had an exterior ****pit to be hit.

Al immediately took advantage of the rocking motion created by the blast, using it to drive the ship's ramp into the ground, and then hitting the engines for a split second so that the ramp acted as a shovel, scooping up the ground under Joanne's feet.

"Grab onto something!" he yelled at her. As soon as she was aboard he jerked the controls, swinging the ramp upward, hoping to make Joanne tumble into the ship, and maybe keep Ossanlin from being able to get inside. He slammed the button to close the ramp started trying to gain altitude with it tilted away from Ossanlin.

"Lucky I'm an android," he muttered.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story