Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 360496 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10020 on: August 29, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »
((I'm in a weird writing funk right now, so my posts are decreasing as well.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #10021 on: August 29, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »
~ouch gotta suck ~~

Post Merged: August 29, 2010, 12:53:57 PM
Hey Parker did my pm send through okay? I had a little glitch...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:53:57 PM by Mythica_vampiress319 »
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10022 on: August 29, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »
Terenia gives a little snort of disdain as Claxter moves away from them once more.

"I don't understand how he made it to warrior status," she mutters darkly. She glances over at Myitt, who seems to be greeting someone that Terenia does not recognize, causing her paranoia to spike once more. Even with the news that Keshin is likely trapped aboard Temrash's ship she has little reason to relax. Instead, she edges closer to Corliss, fingers gripping her Dracon protectively.

-----

Tamora follows The Director out of his ship, pausing for a moment as she reaches the ground.

"Thank you," she says sincerely, "for showing me your vessel. And for your...hospitality in this strange place."

And for showing me another way for the Empire to spread its wings, she adds silently to herself. She glances back at the spacecraft wistfully for a moment, before she begins walking back towards the bar.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #10023 on: August 29, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »
Gaz took a sip of her drink.

"She's doing well," Gaz replied, "Asda managed to find a successful counter and got it stopped. There were, however, a few minor changes. Unavoidable unfortunately, but things could have been much worse. She's still out of it at the moment."

Gaz had cast a glance at Silver and Parker's hands and nodded.

"Glad to see you haven't been on your own," Gaz said, "felt kinda bad running off on you like that."

Gaz sighed as she held her drink.

"Folks, mine and Fletch's," Gaz said casually, "were hopin' for a large family one day. In-laws, grandkids...instead they got a CG turncoat and a wanted pirate. Disowned us both and moved to a different planet. Cheers."

Gaz lifted her drink and took a large swallow.

"Our line of work don't exactly leave room for socializin'," Gaz continued. She shrugged and stared at her glass for a moment.

"Anyway," Gaz said suddenly, "I'm sure Andromeda'd love to see you when she's awake. If you're up to it."

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #10024 on: August 29, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
Silver nodded but bit her lip. She had to try..."Okay. I think I can make it. And I don't blame you for leaving Gaz. You went to help my mom. You didn't abandon me or anything." She said.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10025 on: August 29, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »
((I know I'm grateful for the slower posting. My internet's been all-but-nonexistent the past few days, so it's nice to not be ages behind. I think Imma have Salem set his plan in motion now, since I don't know how much time I'll get online here. I apologize in advance for disruption of conversations :P))

Salem glanced at Temrash as he spoke. He smiled at him and rose from his chair.

These guys have more self-control than I gave them credit for, he thought. I should have at least been threatened with a tail blade for that comment.

He glanced at Hadrin as he spoke. That, I think, is my cue. He nodded to Hadrin as he walked past.

<<Ready?>> he asked Al.

<<Always. Say the word,>> Al responded from aboard Salem's ship.

He switched his thought speak to Keshin as he walked towards the door and down the ship's ramp, <<Kess, I'm going to give the word. Be ready. The force field will be down for maybe three seconds, and you'll have five or six seconds after that where everyone on this ship is disoriented. The force field will keep you from feeling the effects,>> as ironic as that is, he thought. <<If you choose to stay here, these people will probably never catch on that it was an escape attempt, but you'll be on your own. If you leave this ship and go left, my ship is waiting. Al will have the hatch open for you. If you're fast enough, I don't think they'll even know you're gone until they look in the force field.>>

He rubbed his temples. He really did hate using thought speak. It was exhausting, and something was just not quite right about the way the technology interfaced with his brain.

He closed his eyes and concentrated to be able to include both Al and Keshin in his thought speak. As he reached the bottom of the ramp, he yelled, <<Now!>>

Salem ducked and covered his head with his jacket. At the same instant, Al fired a small, low-yield plasma warhead from Salem's ship, which exploded just outside the doorway to Temrash's ship. The momentary burst of heat and the intense magnetic field should be enough to cause the sensation of burning pain and a severe case of vertigo in everyone aboard the ship, as well as momentarily throw off any electronics in the vicinity. The plasma released by the weapon should draw the energy released by the force field generators into the air, where it would dissipate harmlessly until the plasma had dispersed.

In spite of preparing himself for the blast, Salem stumbled and fell to the ground, the world spinning wildly around him. He shook off the burning sensation, knowing it wasn't damaging, and struggled to rise to his feet.

When will I learn to think these things through?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10026 on: August 29, 2010, 03:59:38 PM »
Tora stumbles a few steps as she is tugged into an awkward embrace, but she pats Tara's back once she has regained her footing. "No wonder you're so cheerful, then," she laughs. "You've been gone a while... since before I left the base. Do you need help sorting things out here?"

Her eyes track to the other Yeerk rebel in the Bar, and she gives him a polite inclination of her head. "Hello, Corliss." She notes the human woman standing next to him with interest. "A new recruit, perhaps?" She certainly looks dodgy enough.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10027 on: August 29, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Suddenly the ship lurched as something nearby fired a shot. It didn't hit the ship, but it shok it and Temrash fell to the ground. There was pain, but he clamped the pain receptors of jagill's brain while releasing moror controls.

<Emergency procedures! now!>

Jagill stumbled to his knees and flipped a hatch to press a button. This button should cause a supression field around the ship that would keep anyone from moving while powering the ship's force field to full power and revving up the engines for a quick escape. Even though this would keep Temrash from moving, he could still give voice commands.

Unfortunately the electronics went down temporarily so for a few short moments it wouldn't do anything.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10028 on: August 29, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
"Well, primarily, we're looking for Keshin," Myitt says, still glancing around the bar as if the bounty hunter might be hiding somewhere.  "He attempted to terminate this human grub and in doing so made quite a few new friends."  She reaches into her jacket pocket and activates her computer.  The green holoscreen pops up in thin air and she taps at it, chewing on her lip; another nervous habit of her host's.  She sets the computer to run a thorough scan for Yeerkish tech in the area.  

"This could take a while," she says, watching the screen.

Corliss smiles at Tora.  "Hey, long time no see, mate."  He coughs when she mentions Terenia, and shrugs.  "Well, not exactly a new recruit.  Reckon we're just sort of helping her, like.  It looks like her twin sister, Tamora, is the one who set out the hit on her."  He sighs.  "It's a long bloody story."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10029 on: August 29, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »
"Keshin, hm?" Tora frowns as she watches the holoscreen a moment. "Troubling."

When Corliss speaks, she returns her attention to him. "So much for sisterly affection. That is good of you, Corliss. Well, I am on the way back to the base from Earth; I picked up some provisions, so let me know if you or Myitt require anything." She gives him a conspiratorial smile and adds in a low voice, "I am here to have a final Dr. Pepper before I return. I found myself wanting one very badly and the next thing I knew, the Bar was before me."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10030 on: August 29, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »
Terenia raises her eyebrows at Corliss, alarmed at the ease with which he shares this information with the unknown girl. She eyes Tora suspiciously, searching for any signs of aggression. Finding none, she relaxes ever so slightly, but keeps close to Corliss as Tora talks about provisions.

<<Another Yeerk rebel,>> Efaen notes, <<this place is crawling with slugs.>>

"Hi." Terenia says shortly as a way of greeting, seeing little point in drawing out introductions.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10031 on: August 29, 2010, 08:40:22 PM »
((Not really sure how big Temrash's ship is, but I think this is about right. Here Shenmue Logic is assuming that "full speed" is crazy I-can't-see-you-you-are-a-blur fast but can only last for a few seconds plus serious heart issues...a fourth of that would be Joanne being visible and stoppable but faster than she should be. Maybe one to two minutes before getting really pretty winded. Tell me if this post or anything I said is off or evil. :D ))

As soon as he hears Salem's instructions, Keshin immediately drops control of the body to Joanne. <Hey. Your turn. Move quickly.>

<Born for that, Kess. I'll bring down the house.>

As soon as the blast rocks the ship, Joanne rolls out of the forcefield and into a crouching position outside of it. This has the other intended effect of making the tremor easier to bear. She quickly stands up, though somewhat uneasily due to the shock, and begins to run toward the open exit hatch of the ship.

Joanne notes that she has very little time to leave before Temrash's emergency procedures kick in and increases to roughly a fourth her total speed. This is going to leave her winded, but should carry her easily across the threshold and in the direction of Salem's open ship assuming everything goes well. Keshin isn't really clear on whether they should trust him, but Joanne isn't worried. He can't be all bad. He's helping them after all.
Mar watches and listens carefully both to what Ossanlin has said and the unique series of arguments taking place onboard the ship. This Salem character seems terribly rude and certainly deserves a bit of punishment from Ossanlin. When this does not occur, Mar raises his hand as if to say something. "Now---"

But Mar never gets the chance. A strange blast rocks the ship, knocking Mar over and leaving an awful burning sensation running through his arms and legs.

"O-Ossanlin!" Mar manages to get out, trying to force himself up. "W-What the Hael just happened?!"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:01:20 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #10032 on: August 29, 2010, 09:18:14 PM »
At the sound of the not-too-far-away blast, Elayne's eyes fly open. She sits up and peers out the open hull to the ship yard, but she cannot see the source of the trouble from her bunk. Crawling out of bed--fully dressed, considering she had fallen asleep without so much as even taking off her boots--she exits her modified Bug and takes several steps out onto the gravel. Once she rounds her ship, she hears a familiar voice: Mar's. She takes off in as quick a trot as her disoriented and sleepy body can manage towards the ship from which she heard the commotion. "Mar!" she calls as she reaches it.

"Hello," Tora nods to Terenia with a smile and an extended left hand. "Oops," she blinks and trades it for the right. "I have a difficult time remember which. I am Tora. Pleased to meet you."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10033 on: August 29, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
Hadrin is knocked into the wall by the blast, stunned for a few seconds.  He recovers and holds his arm, cringing in pain.  

"Agh," he cries, squinting around for the source of the attack.  Immediately he notices Keshin roll out of the containment forcefield, and he draws his Dracon, aiming it at the bounty hunter.  

It is set on one of its highest settings.

---

"We'll let you know if we need anything, but I doubt Rev would want you put in harm's way," Corliss says.  "Besides, we've got this contained."

"Sure we do," Myitt agrees.  "Nothing a Dr. Pepper can't fix."  She giggles, and then the floor rumbles with the shock of the nearby blast. 

Myitt looks toward the back of the bar.  "What the hell was that?" she demands, looking at the others.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10034 on: August 29, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
Terenia stares at Tora's extended hand blankly for a moment, but then starts slightly when she realizes why it has been offered. She raises her own right hand, briefly clasping Tora's in greeting, and then pulling away, as though afraid that the new woman might try something.

"Tora," Terenia says curtly, "Another rebel I a-" her commentary is cut off by the distant blast, and her head swivels automatically towards the sound, eyes narrowing as her hand returns to its previous position on her Dracon.

---

Tamora stops in her tracks at the sound of an explosion and gazes back towards the lake.

"Did you hear that?" She asks The Director.