Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212296 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3195 on: February 22, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
Claxter rolls his eyes at the level of fear the Human exhibits, but makes no comment. He symapthises with her, and doesn't really know what to say that would make her believe he wouldn't hurt her.

Jocun noticed Tamora's reactions, but doesn't go over and risk being doused again. He didn't really like it the first time, but there wasn't much he could do about it. He decided he wanted to vacation at a place where no one recognized Simon's face, and he got what he wanted.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3196 on: February 22, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
Parker nodded, impressed. He asked, "So did you just go AWOL, or did you have to break away?"

He noticed Myitt warming up to Tamora and watched as the frightened girl sat down. He knew neither Ossanlin nor Myitt would harm her; and even if Tamora became frightened enough to take action, they would both be able to handle her. He relaxed considerably and shot a quick look at Jocun. The man was concerned for the girl; but was too cautious to approach the table again. Parker kept him in his peripheral vision, so he could keep an eye on him without Jocun being alerted that he was being watched. Jocun was, after all, still next to that bounty hunter; and if he became interested enough, he may just hire her. Parker told Thor to added Tamora's name to the things to listen for in Jocun's conversations.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3197 on: February 22, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
Myitt squints at Tamora with an uncommon expression of concern for the girl.

"Hey," she breathes, eyebrows furrowing. "You don't hafta be so jumpy. It's okay, I'm not going to shoot you..." She watches the human girl and adds, as if it were inconsequential, "...Again."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3198 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:40 AM »
"Stole a ship and ran for it," Keslin says. He too seems to relax more as Tamora slides into the booth. She seems far too terrified to do anything; her hand hasn't gone near her Dracon since entering the bar. He turns his attention fully to Parker. "Followed a very close comrade whose host happens to be Chris's cousin. I had a hand in infesting James, so I sort of owed it to Chris to follow the kid. Besides, at that point I couldn't handle another day in the Empire. It was becoming unbearable. And more dangerous by the day. A single memory dump and I would have been in line for execution."

Tamora nods in response to Myitt, but her fingers find a firm grasp on the edge of her seat, clinging to the plastic for dear life.

"S-sorry," she whispers. "I've never -- it's been..." Her eyes dart around the room nervously. "I haven't talked to anyone on -- on my own since -- since I was infested," she stammers. "I don't know what he wants me to say."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3199 on: February 23, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
Parker comments, "I take it James is the cousin. So did you get picked up by the rebellion while out on your own; or was that where James was heading?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3200 on: February 23, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
Keslin shrugs. "The rebellion didn't really exist yet, when I left. This was well over a decade ago, and most people were too afraid of the Empire to leave it. Host sympathy was more rare, too, as there were fewer human hosts. It seems like most sympathy seems to occur in correlation with a human assignment."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3201 on: February 23, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
Parker asks, "So you helped form the rebellion; or were you just there when it formed? Well, speaking to one of those Hork-Bajir, I can understand why your kind would have less guilt for using them. Your kind hasn't infested many complex sapient creatures, have they?"

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3202 on: February 25, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin nods to Mar.  <You appeared lost in thought, I tried several times to gain your attention but you did not respond.  I assumed you were otherwise engaged, perhaps with your mass, so I provided you with your privacy.>  He pauses.  <I do not know to which actions you are referring.>

He turns back to Myitt and nods in response to her question about a drink.  <That's fine I'm sure.>  He glances again at Tamora and folds his arms before looking back at Myitt.  <To us here, only a few days have passed since you last departed the Bar's space, Myitt.>

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _________________

~Raile~

Raile nods at Garreth.  "Well yes, I generally reach for it.  I only use the Force if necessary, or if it will provide me with some sort of tactical advantage.  It's always felt more natural...I do not know why.  I suppose in response I could ask 'Why not?'."
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3203 on: February 25, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
"Well, what did he ask you to say?" Myitt replies, trying to remain pleasant, although her irritation at Tamora's meekness is starting to grate its way into her tone.

She blinks at Ossanlin. "Only a few days?" she hisses. "Yeah, um, it's a good thing your drink is here."

The bartender wordlessly sets down a glass pan of blue-green, fermented grass liquid by Ossanlin's side.

Myitt folds her arms in front of her on the table, sighing. "Where to begin...okay, uh. Do you remember Efaen at all?" She winces.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3204 on: February 25, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
No Myitt, we completely forgot about Efaen over the course of a few days. Claxter thought to himself. At least he didn't intend to say it out loud, and his facial expression remained more or less neutral. At least she mentioned Efaen, and surely Ossanlin would get as much information as possible. He reminded himself that as infuriated as he was with Corliss, this wasn't him. Myitt wasn't in love with Terenia to the point he had taken leave of his senses.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:37:59 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3205 on: February 25, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
"Just to get supplies," Tamora says quietly, shivering a little. She watches the way that Myitt and Ossanlin interact with one another, with confidence and comraderie, and bites her lip.

"Myitt," she murmurs, her voice still barely above a whisper. "If Zorish leaves the Empire, are we...are we gonna die?"

"No, not really," Keslin says. "A few here and there, but none quite so complex as humans. And the stray Andalite, I suppose, but I can't speak to that. It is certainly...a unique experience."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #3206 on: February 25, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
Illim leans back more comfortably in the booth, slinging an arm over the back of his seat and watching Ossanlin and Claxter crowd their table. His ability to put up with Tamora's timidity is waning just as much as Myitt's, and he turns his eyes on Ossanlin, as well. But when he speaks, it's to his former host seated across from him. "Serid, it's been busy at the rebellion since we parted, but it's proving a great home, and a great place to make a stand against the Empire. Guessing you haven't given much thought to forgiving Tora, yeah?"

The Andalite nothlit sighs in abrupt irritation. "Her abandonment of me has not changed," he replies stiffly. "I have received a chance to regain my honor and perhaps even my natural form with the War Prince. What your organization offers me is a pittance in comparison, even if Ertoran were not residing there."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3207 on: February 25, 2012, 08:47:25 PM »
Myitt frowns. "I can't tell you that, kid. Not for sure. But hey, we left the Empire and we haven't died," she says, gesturing at herself and Illim, smiling what she hopes is an encouraging smile.

She sits back. "You've just gotta be brave, okay? That Yeerk of yours...he cares about you. More than he wants to admit, perhaps. He won't let anything bad happen to you, if he can help it." Again a pang of guilt hits her.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3208 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »
Tamora nods, looking down at her hands. "I've never been very brave," she admits with a helpless shrug. "Teresa was always the brave one. And Zorish...he's brave in his own way. He has to be, to be able to be a Sub-Visser." She looks up at Myitt, reassured by her ability to form complete sentences without stammering. "He did that for me, you know. He never wanted the position, but he thought it'd make me safer."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3209 on: February 26, 2012, 12:36:44 AM »
Parker comments, "I can sort of relate. After my training, I became so much more aware of my surroundings. Then, after getting into this suit, I could sense so much more. It was like gaining a sixth sense. I couldn't imagine living like I did when I was a kid; completely ignorant of everything around me."

Garreth tilts his head momentarily and replies, "Well, I would assume that taking the time to reach across your torso and over your shoulder would slow response time toward an attack. Having the saber on the hip allows for quicker draws, and therefore better response times. I mean our lives are often decided in nano-seconds. Reaching over the shoulder may be too costly in some situations. However if that is how you naturally fight, it would be more of a hardship attempting to adapt to a new style."

Garreth decides to drop the subject and asks, "Would you mind teaching me that routine you practiced just now?" Two bulges appeared in the hip area of Garreth's robe and moved toward the middle of his body. Two lightsabers appeared from his robe's folds and as they flew into his hands, Garreth lit them. The blades, one yellow-bronze, the other cyan-silver, crossed his chest.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:04:09 AM by Darth Revan »