Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212299 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3210 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin nods at the BT and places his hoof in the drink.  <Of course, she is supposed to be sending regular reports to me Myitt.  She is my officer.>

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _____________

~Raile~

Raile glances at Garreth in open surprise.  "You use a dual style as well?"  The colors of the sabers seem foreign to him, but all sorts of things had been lost over time, especially during the Sith war.  Entire chambers full of holocrons had been destroyed...so much precious knowledge had been lost, and now it looked like it might happen again.  The Sith would want to erase even the memory of the Jedi...he mourns a moment for the Temple Archives and then clears his thoughts again.

"The Order tried to teach me differently as well...I was not allowed to wear my saber in that position when I was a Youngling, but as soon as Master Slone took me on as Padawan, he insisted I change it back.  He told me that I should 'do what comes naturally.'  And wearing my saber at my shoulder had always seemed more natural."  He pauses and draws both sabers again, igniting them.

"I would be more than willing, though I'm sure you have much more experience than I at wielding two sabers.  I am...self-taught in the art of dual-wielding.  It is nothing more than a kata really.  Ever since I learned of the Force, I have achieved my most fruitful meditations while performing saber exercises.  After my Master perished, I adopted the second blade into my meditations."  He moves his sabers into a pose, the right-hand saber...his saber...over his head, pointing forward and angling down in front of him slightly at a 45 degree angle.  His left-hand saber crosses the front of his body at his midsection.

He closes his eyes and begins the slow beginning movements of the kata, sweeping the sabers grandly in deliberate arcs as if being moved through water.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:48:28 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3211 on: February 26, 2012, 08:46:02 PM »
Myitt nods gravely. "You know, there's a human saying that I like. I says that bravery isn't the absence of fear, it's facing fear and overcoming it. That might sound cliche, but you're going to have to be as brave and as scared as Zorish, as any of us, if you're going to survive. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not afraid, somewhere deep down, that I've led my host into the wrong decision. Sometimes the right decision isn't the safest or sanest one, either."

She glances over at Illim and Serid as they quietly continue their own conversation. "I wish I could tell you that you and Zorish could stay with us, Tamora. I can't even tell you the same events that happened in my past will happen in your future. This very conversation may have already changed the version of events that I knew, creating your own sort of deus ex machina in your own separate universe."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3212 on: February 26, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
Claxter felt something bad must have happened to Efaen. Or perhaps she did something bad. He wasn't surprised. Sending her there was a bad decision, and the only reason Terenia wanted her to come at all was as Terenia's host. Though the fact that the time difference was so large may have played into it some. A lot could happen in a year, and if Efaen had been sending reports with no answer for months, she may have done something drastic, believing her Prince was ignoring her.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3213 on: February 27, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »
Garreth stands beside Raile and begins to mimic his movements. He watched sometimes with his eye; but mostly sensed his movements and followed as closely as he could. The exercise was not completely foreign; however millennia apart, there were definite differences. He concentrated on his form and motion rather than explain his unfamiliarity with fighting with two swords. He had a lot of practice, yes; but he only picked it up in the last year. His entire time as a youngling, he fancied and used a double bladed saber. He was used to keeping track of two sabers, but they were always tied to each other, mirroring the others motions. With two separate sabers, keeping track of each saber independently was considerably more work.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3214 on: February 27, 2012, 03:07:52 AM »
~Raile~

Raile moves a bit faster now, stepping away.  He begins to spin as his sabers draw through the air.  The feel is of a slow dance.  His movements are calm...unhurried.  He works his wrists to move the sabers in a new dimension, adding more and more fine movement.  He senses the new Bond with Garreth more strongly as his meditative state strengthens.  Feeling the other moving in time with him is oddly soothing.

He moves a bit faster, the dance becoming a brisk ballroom trot.  He begins adding simple jumps, his footwork keeping his legs moving almost constantly now.  He begins spinning the sabers in elaborate whirls and arcs as his feet keep him moving.  He draws stunning patterns of intense light through the air, delicate yet deadly as his motions continue to draw him around the clearing.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3215 on: February 27, 2012, 03:53:24 AM »
Garreth moves with Raile, keeping pace. When Raile speeds up, Garreth begins to lag behind a bit, but still keeps up with his movements. He kept his footwork simpler, but still mirrored his saber strikes.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3216 on: February 27, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »
Myitt looks back at Ossanlin, struggling with the right way to put what she has to say.

"Well, uh," she says hesitantly, "in the last year or so she's...she's not exactly been behaving herself." Her confidence builds a little. "Actually she attacked our home pool with a paralyzing and deadly agent." She waits to let the gravity of that statement sink in. "Yeah. So."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3217 on: February 27, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
"I don't understand this whole timeline thing," Tamora admits, looking glum. "But I don't know that I'd want to go with you, even if we could. My sister is there, isn't she? If she's truly alive. I have...I don't want to see her." She sighs. "I just wish that I could help Zorish, instead of making him feel as though he had to babysit me all the time."

Keslin nods. "It is a sobering experience. One that is not easy to forget, or give up."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3218 on: February 27, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »
Julian had been watching for any more moves against him. He figured it might be fun to see what happened if he switched from dodging around waiting for a move. Going against someone like this guy was a new experience, he wanted to see how this guy handled himself.

Julian moved forward and brought his sword forward.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3219 on: February 27, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »
~Ossanlin~

Memories begin to flood back into his head.  <Corliss did something unacceptable...>  It was not a question.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ __________________

~Raile~

Raile launches into the portion of the routine he'd ended with just a moment ago.  He'd not completed the whole kata the first time.  He begins with the leap that takes his body parallel to the ground, suspended and spinning, his lightsabers whirling as his body barrel-rolls.  He comes out of it and lands.  He leaps into the air enhancing the jump slightly with the Force and begins forward flipping at an impressive rate as his body clears the height of the trees before coming back to the ground, landing daintily.  He leaps again, pushing hard with the Force.  His body sails into the sky five times again the height of the trees.  He'd not trusted himself to do this part of the kata for many years, it demanded fine control of the Force, something he'd always struggled with anyway.  Given the confliction he's been feeling of late, his fine Force control had been questionable at best.  This had been a part of his kata since before he'd added the second saber, but if anything, the second saber made things more difficult, and this in fact was the first time he's even done this portion with the second saber.

At the top of his leap, his body leans back lazily as if arching over some sort of suspended lateral pole until he's face-down to the ground.  His body begins spinning as he starts his plummet toward the ground.  His sabers whirl around in flowers of color as his head rushes toward the floor of the clearing.  In the last seconds of his descent, he puts both hands out toward the ground, still inverted, sabers still burning, and exerts the Force, slowing his descent until his hands stop just before the dirt, and he pushes, turning the fall into a forward handspring.  He flips twice through the air and lands softly on one foot, sabers both held parallel across the front of his body.  He holds the post for a moment before relaxing and extinguishing his sabers, placing them back on their respective clips.  He looks over to watch Garreth.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3220 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »
Just couldn't leave her alone, could he? Claxter thought to himself. Corliss did something to set her off. He was part of the reason she was there in the first place. Though obviously trying to kill the rebels without express permission from her Prince was not what she should have done, anyone could see sending her there was bad. A little bit of this was Ossanlin's fault. If she was going to be unhappy either way, why couldn't she at least be with her own people? How was she going to improve while being surrounded by what she hated? Terenia was Human now, so what would Corliss have done to set her off? Still trying to get Terenia put in charge of her as a superior officer or something?

"Oh, done being a spectator and actually want to be involved, huh? Come on, then." Zoshonel said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #3221 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »
Ewa jogged to a halt near Al, just outside a strange ship that apparently belonged to Salem.  Or someone dumb enough to just leave their ship open to anyone who walks by, she thought, remembering Van.  There was something about the ship she felt she should recognize, but whatever it was didn't do more than tickle at the back of her mind, so she dismissed it.

She turned to Al, still a little short of breath but not panting, and raised her eyebrows a bit incredulously.  "You're telling me we ran all the way over here to not deal with something?  Wait, scratch that," she held up her palm, "if not dealing with it means not getting shot at" or being associated with an ignorant air-gliding cowboy "then I'm all for it."
Work is for the weak

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3222 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »
Garreth follows the parallel spin, and does a single forward flip instead of the Force Jump Raile had done. He then mirrors Raile's final Force Jump maneuver, but simply lands after Force Pushing against the ground to slow his descent. He extinguishes his blades and replaces them as watches Raile complete his double flip. As Raile turns to Garreth, Garreth claps and gives him a bow.

He says, "That was quite impressive. For exercises, I usually tone down the number of flips I do. Some part of me feels it to be a tad boisterous. Of course in battle, I don't care about those things. I've always been self-conscious about displaying my full abilities in public; unless there are small children around. Seeing their faces light up as I perform is always a treat; even though I have to deal with the judging faces of their parents afterward."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3223 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:34 AM »
~Raile~

Raile ****s his head a bit to the side and bows in return.  "It was not my intention to be boisterous, it is merely the kata that I have used for meditation for so long.  You may have felt that I am what we call a Guardian.  I focus upon lightsaber techniques...my control of the Force as well as my interactive and diplomatic elements are not as honed.  I pour everything I am into my sabers, I become them.  What I do in the kata seems a natural expression."

He looks around the clearing.  "If there was an audience, I did not sense them."  He takes in a deep breath.  "I feel refreshed though, and much more relaxed than I have been in a long time."  He smiles to himself.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3224 on: February 28, 2012, 01:43:46 AM »
Garreth shakes his head, "I never said it was boisterous. It's just a small subconscious thought that keeps me from completely letting go when I do my exercises. Truly, it was beautiful to behold. My goal had always been to become a Guardian; however I have not often had many instances in which to use them to my full ability. The places I've been assigned to have been rather easy to mediate. I get most of my saber experience in practice rooms. Though I have taken a few trips to Tatooine to hone my skills on my own time. If ever there was a planet where the indigenous people attack you blindly; it's that planet. Just walk about the desert for a while, and before you know it, you're being attacked by sand people. They're easy enough to fend off. I get a good balance between saber and Force practice. Normally, I use my saber defensively to deflect oncoming attacks, then I use the Force to render them unconscious. I've even been able to use Affect Mind on one of them so he would help defend me."