Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212231 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3090 on: February 13, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
"Not Tamora," Keslin murmurs. "Sub-Visser...ah...Twenty-Eight, I believe." He glances at Parker. "I don't know the full story of their presence here, and what I do know is, frankly, impossible. The only thing that's important is that she is wearing an Imperial uniform, and the Imperials are most certainly not our friends. There is a very good chance that he will start something, if it means a promotion."

<<If you need to draw you better give me control,>> Chris says. <<I don't want your damned shaking to mess up the shot.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3091 on: February 13, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »
Parker nodded, "Fair enough. I would suggest a low setting though. Terenia may not take the news of her sister's death well."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3092 on: February 13, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
Jocun noticed a Gedd controller pass into the bar, and wondered what timeline this Yeerk was from. He got a look through th door at it, and it didn't look too happy about something. Maybe a later time would be better for him to introduce himself.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3093 on: February 13, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
Myitt squints up at the Sub-Visser. "How nice of you to come over and insult our ally," she says flatly, nodding at Serid.

She scoots closer to the edge of the booth so Zorish doesn't get the impression he's invited to sit down.

"What exactly do you want, Zorish?" she asks, exasperated.

The bartender, pale and sallow and maybe a middle-aged man with black hair and an apron, slowly notices he's being addressed from across the room. He moves with the eerie, mechanical speed of a clockwork puppet.

He stares balefully from behind cold, black eyes at the Gedd-Controller, and continues to dry the smudged tumbler with a soiled rag. Carefully, he sets the glass down.

He takes out the little notepad and clicks his pen, scribbling on the paper. This he holds up in the Gedd's general direction. If the Gedd were to approach and read the notepad, it would say, in standard Galard, 'Cash or Tab?'

He makes no move to come around the side of the bar.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:21:51 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3094 on: February 13, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
"Terenia is a soldier," Keslin says with a shrug. "She knows the risks of war. I will not kill needlessly, but I will not allow my people to be threatened."

He glances at Parker. "The Yeerk Empire could do with one less Sub-Visser."

"Nothing," Zorish says flatly. "I want nothing from you. Nothing that you are able to give, at least. I suppose I could ask for my life back, and for that of my host, but that would be foolish, no?" He laughs hoarsely, and realizes Tamora's throat is already dry again. He swallows hard.

Glancing downward he sees Myitt scoot over, blocking any entry to the booth. Scowling, Zorish reaches over to the nearest table and grabs a rickety chair, placing it at the end of the booth and sitting.

"I seem to have made a grave mistake in contacting you," he says slowly, glancing at the others before settling his gaze back on Myitt. "One that leaves me in a delicate situation that I fear has no solution."

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #3095 on: February 13, 2012, 08:57:42 PM »
I made my hosts lips mouth "Cash"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:16:38 PM by newBlazingAngel »
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #3096 on: February 13, 2012, 09:15:14 PM »
No sooner had Ewa finally managed to catch up with Al then he took off after... an air-gliding cowboy?  He said Salem?  She stopped for a moment and her breath wooshed out of her in one huge sigh.  Does no one here get embarrassed ever?  She opened her mouth to ask something--though something rather less blunt and offensive--of the others who had apparently been part of the fight, but they were already dispersing.  Ewa recognized Keshin heading back towards the bar and hesitated for another moment.  She wasn't anywhere near as rude and inappropriate as Al has been, but.... she did seem rather new.  And I still don't have a legitimate excuse to hire her.

After one last look and a resigned sigh, Ewa took off after Al again.  He seemed to be going slower this time, so she might actually catch up if they were going far enough.
Work is for the weak

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3097 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:05 AM »
Parker accepted Chris's views, but held onto his own, replying, "Very well."

He notices a strange monkey-like creature enter and take a seat. The little guy was staring daggers at Jocun. Parker raised his eyebrow, but ignored the strange being. He resumed watching the events unfold at the booth across the way.

Parker leans toward Chris and asks, "So how did they get Tamora here anyway? Last I heard, Terenia was going on about how impossible it was to rescue her."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3098 on: February 14, 2012, 07:00:06 AM »
Keslin sighs a little, relaxing ever so slightly as he sees the Sub-Visser take a seat.

<<You know, there are three of them,>> Chris points out. <<We don't need to play body guard.>>

<<I'm just being cautious,>> Keslin argues. <<Reven would not be pleased if his brother was taken out by a ghost.>>

Turning his attention back to Parker, he shrugs. "As I said, I do not know the full details. I only just met Terenia recently and the circumstances of her arrival on base seem to be convoluted at best. From what I understand, she-" he gestures at Tamora, "-and the Sub-Visser were both killed during some sort of mission that ended badly." Goosebumps crawl up his host's forearms. "It appears that what is dead cannot stay dead - at least in the context of this place. Not a happy thought."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3099 on: February 14, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
Parker furrowed his brow and asked, "'Killed'? She's right here in front of us. How could she have been killed and yet be right here before us?"

Parker had been gone for quite some time. The last he saw either Corliss or Myitt, they were about to go on the mission to save Tamora. What must have occurred during his absence boggles his mind. Parker quickly connects a few far fetched loose ends and snaps to. He exclaims quietly, "Tamora regards Myitt so cruelly, so she must have been the one to carry the guilt for their death. Tamora must want some sort of revenge for her death. However her actions show she has rather given up on a frontal confrontation. She either tried previously, or realizes she's greatly outnumbered against Myitt's friends. So words is the only choice she has left."

Parker shrugs, "Well, I suppose they might resolve a few things that way. I still have no idea how Tamora could've returned from the dead; but I suppose that's a question for someone more knowledgeable." He takes a drink still pondering the situation. He places his helmet back on the bar, but stays watching the bar and Myitt's booth.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3100 on: February 14, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »
The competition didn't seem to be going very quickly, so Jocun went inside the bar. the Sub visser was talking to someone, so it didn't seem to be a pleasant conversation. He walked over to the bar and sat down two stools away from the Gedd and ordered a coca cola after putting some money down. "Hello there. I saw that rather unsavory look you gave me. Care to elaborate?" He asked with a pleasant tone in his voice.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:22:17 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3101 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »
Keslin gives Parker an irritated look. "I told you, it isn't Tamora that I'm concerned with. For all we know, nothing we have seen has been her. It's the Sub-Visser who is presumably seeking revenge for...for his own death. Or was seeking revenge." He shakes his head. "I told you, it makes no sense, but I'm not about to spend my time trying to figure it out. This place-" he gestures to the bar at large, "-tends to make little sense."

He scowls down at his shaking hands, uncertain. Balling them into fists they steady as he allows Chris to take control.

"Parker, man," Chris says, swiveling back around to grab his beer, always keeping an eye on the booth. "I know it's hard to tell sometimes, but those of us with slimy friends...or slimy enemies...in our heads - so not the same person. You were talking to Keslin a moment ago. You're talking to Chris now. As much as I'm friends with the bugger, I most certainly am not the same person as him." He gestures over to the booth. "That girl, Tamora, is in there somewhere, but she's not controlling that body. The Sub-Visser is the one that brought them here, and the Sub-Visser is running the show. Tamora is just along for the ride, whether she likes it or not."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3102 on: February 14, 2012, 10:34:34 PM »
Parker raises his head in understanding. He thought Chris had sounded slightly different than earlier. Normally, he'd have Thor's reports to tell whether host or Yeerk were speaking; but as his helmet was off, he only had his ears and wits to go off of. Unless he's truly listening for the changes, it's unlikely he'll notice any. Unless the Yeerk's speech patterns differ greatly from the host's of course.

Parker slightly shakes his head in indifference, "Look, they both inhabit the same body; and the only name I know of either of them is Tamora's. I realize they're different people. I only had one name to reference the pair. Either way, if he died, then she died as well, right? Wouldn't it stand to reason that they'd both want some form of retribution?" He takes a last swig of his beer and places it next to his helmet.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3103 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:43 PM »
"Yeah, well, I'm real sorry about your problems, Sub-Visser," Myitt drawls. "But there isn't much I can do about them. We've been over this, you might not even be from the same universe as us." She jabs a thumb at her chest and takes a sip of redin.

"Anyway," she continues with a shrug, "I only shot you in self-defense. Both times."

The bartender watches the Gedd-Controller from across the room. To normal human hearing it would be hard to make out what the creature mouthed from this distance, but the bartender recognizes the word all too well.

Mirthlessly he turns the page on his notepad, scribbles a large question mark, and holds up the paper.

To anyone who views it, the message would be clear in their language and manner of understanding: 'What do you want?'

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3104 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:38 PM »
Chris shrugs. "Maybe," he says. "Or maybe Tamora is glad that she died, if it meant that the Yeerk died with her. Slavery is a funny thing. It does things to people." He watches the Sub-Visser talk to Myitt for a moment. "I wouldn't assume anything, though. "Certainly not that an Imperial is actually working with his host."

"Self-defense? I did not attack you," Zorish hisses, his lip curling angrily before he forces his expression to calm once more. He inhales, then exhales slowly. "I fear I cannot return home," he says, looking at the whorls of the wooden counter instead of the rebel. "And it is entirely your fault."