Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212248 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3120 on: February 16, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »
Myitt sighs, watching Zorish with a thin-lipped expression of understanding.

"I didn't think I was a traitor, either," she says, although she's not really sure if Zorish is still listening. "I still don't think I'm a traitor. What good can our people come to if we content ourselves with conquest after conquest? When are we going to realize that we can't subjugate people who are our equals for our own benefit? If you keep telling yourself that Tamora is your slave, what good does it do either of you, living that lie?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3121 on: February 16, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
Parker hears Chris's toned answer and doesn't resist the topic change. He answers, "My Earth is going through an invasion of a different sort. The aliens attacking us want nothing more than our complete eradication from the stars. They've destroyed countless lives and many planets in the pursuit of killing us off. Their weapons systems are so far advanced beyond our technology, hell, beyond their own really. We don't put up much of a fight in small numbers. Originally, my brethren and I were designed to be the perfect police force. Human expansion into space was beginning to erode our species' cohesion. A group of Insurrectionists were fighting against the UNSC and we were created to quell those forces. However, before we were really able to do much policing, the alien race found us and started to destroy us. We SPARTANs were then refocused on fighting the new invasion force."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3122 on: February 16, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »
Zorish glares up at Myitt from between strands of Tamora's hair. "It isn't the same," he insists, curling his fingers so that Tamora's nails are digging into her scalp, as though he could pry her feelings for him out of their shared mind. And his feelings for her.

"This can't be my reality," he continues. "Don't you understand, rebel? I'm a Sub-Visser, not some low-level peon whose absence will barely be noted. The consequences of -- if I --" He growls wordlessly, the tension going out of his shoulders abruptly.

"I am in so much trouble," he whispers shakily, sounding for a moment more like the human girl he is inhabiting than the Yeerk officer that he is.

Chris laughs appreciatively. "Damn. That sounds like quite a mess. I almost prefer mine, although it'd be pretty awesome to score some armor like that. How's it do against Dracons?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3123 on: February 16, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »
"Maybe they won't perform a memory dump on you, after all?" Myitt says with a shrug, trying to be at least marginally helpful. "And if you're certain they will, you could always just...live on the fringe. It's not easy, but it's possible. Plenty of Yeerks live on the greed of the Skrit Na."

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #3124 on: February 16, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »
"Refueling and biological needs." He didn't understand. I was overlooked. Simply forgotten about. Pushed into the void of the system.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3125 on: February 16, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »
"Well, congratulations on your promotion then." he said. It was probably best that this one leave soon. Knowing much about this place would be risky, and this guy served a different Visser than him. Sure he was high ranking, but it was never a good idea to push your weight around in the empire. Bad for PR, which was everything in politics.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3126 on: February 16, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
Parker shrugged, "I don't know. I've never confronted someone who fought with one. I have an energy shield that should, theoretically, absorb most of the damage. My armor after that would hold out substancially before giving way. And after that, I'd be somewhat vulnerable. We can withstand and fight through a lot of pain. I've broken an Elite's neck while being an inch away from death myself. Luckily evac showed up and got me outta there before they could finish me.

"I think the biggest trick for most people is actually being able to hit us. We're very fast and our senses are heightened beyond most. Again, though, I don't know the specifics of your weapons, so I don't really know how I'd fair. How have you survived most of your encounters?"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #3127 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
"Why BRRRR thank you." He was being nice. Too nice. I had insulted him and he had returned with kindness. He was either a better man than me, or was already plotting my slow painful downfall. The latter seems far more likely. "Will my silverware be enough to kill him." I wondered to myself.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3128 on: February 16, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
"Sheer dumb luck," Chris says with a laugh. "Naw, Kes and I have spent a lot of time fighting with ships, going undercover and whatnot. Not so many shootouts. I doubt we'd fare too well, to be honest. Keslin's reaction time is ****ty as hell, but I'm a good shot, but there are a lot more of them than there are of us. Most of what we do is play a really good game of hard to get."

"You would like that, wouldn't you?" Zorish snaps. "To have me living like some vagabond, begging those sentient ****roaches for help. I bet you would love to carry that story back to your base."

He sits up straight, rubbing his arms, suddenly cold. "No," he says. "That's not acceptable. It's not fair to me, and it isn't...it isn't fair to her either." He struggles to say the words, avoiding Tamora's name.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:55:11 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3129 on: February 16, 2012, 10:59:31 PM »
Myitt sighs, impatient. "Then go back to the Empire," she insists. "Because you're not coming with us, that's for damn sure."

In punctuation she picks up her glass of liquor and swallows the last of the bitter red liquid.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3130 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:51 PM »
"I can't," Zorish hisses. "If I go back there and they do a memory dump they'll kill me as a traitor for so much as humoring her, let alone having full conversations with her that are remotely civil!" He scowls.

"And if they kill me they'll give her to someone else. Someone that will treat her like...like..." He swallows.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3131 on: February 16, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
Jocun felt a bit sad for the Emperial. He seemed to be making steps in the right direction, but the Empire would kill him for it and the rebels wouldn't take him because he hadn't gone far enough in the right direction. A thought did come to him. He walked over to the table. "Sorry to interfere, but I don't suppose a memory wipe would help? Or perhaps a few fake memories. My technology is a century or so ahead of yours, and it's pretty effective."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:36:48 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3132 on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:32 AM »
Myitt stares blankly at Jocun, but looks back at Zorish. No technology from centuries ahead would help the Sub-Visser's plight.

"Then don't give her up," she insists. "You have your options. Go back and risk the worst, or live outside of the Empire. I don't know what crying about it will do, you've burned your bridges effectively with us."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3133 on: February 17, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »
"I've burned bridges?" Zorish asks incredulously. "You're the one who killed me, in whatever timeline or universe that happened in! You're the one who shot me, you're the one who-"

He cuts off, pinching the bridge of Tamora's nose and forcing himself to calm down. "Fine. Maybe there's nowhere for me. But what about her? Are you going to punish her too?"

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3134 on: February 17, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
Parker nodded with a smile, though his helmet hid it, and replied, "Well then you certainly could use some sort of armor. Unfortunately for you, if you were to try this armor on, your body would be torn to pieces. The limbs are powered, so the force exerted on your limbs would exceed their capacity. Many men have died trying to use our suits during their development. The only reason we survive is because we have been genetically and surgically augmented."