Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 212247 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3105 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:58 AM »
Parker nodded in agreement. He then asked, "But how did your rebellion start; if not Imperials working with your hosts?" After a deep sigh, he grabs his helmet and replaces it upon his head. He reads the reports Thor scrolls before him about the patrons' vitals and other scans taken.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3106 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
"I'm not saying it doesn't happen," Chris allows. "But most Yeerks who are host sympathizers are too scared to do anything about it. That in and of itself is a death sentence, nevermind actually acting on it and leaving the Empire. Even so, for every sympathizer there are twice as many loyal Imperials. Maybe more. I suppose there is a chance that Tamora and her Yeerk work together, but I wouldn't count on it. Especially since he's a Sub-Visser."

Chris finishes his beer and slides the mug away on the table top. "They seem to get nastier as they go up in ranks, eh? I willing to bet that Sub-Visser is a piece of work."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3107 on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »
Parker nods, "Those in high ranks fight their asses off to earn, and keep them. It's not unusual for them to have to burn a few bridges to get there."

He looks to Chris and asks, "So how'd you end up in the rebellion?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3108 on: February 15, 2012, 09:18:28 AM »
Chris raises his eyebrows, considering the stranger before responding. "We've been with the rebellion since it started," he says after a moment. "Give or take an exile of about a decade. We only recently returned to them."

He raises his hand, trying to catch the bartender's attention so that he can order a second beer.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:31:48 AM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3109 on: February 15, 2012, 09:45:38 AM »
"It's not my fault you've realized you and your host actually get along," Myitt says defensively, glaring at the Sub-Visser. "What's keeping you from going back? Guilt? Actually being honest with yourself?"

The bartender eyes Chris warily. With slow movements he sets about pouring another beer. Foam pours over the tankard as the man-shaped thing walks around the bar counter to the table where Chris and Parker are conversing.

He sets the beer down sloppily and slinks back behind the bar.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3110 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »
"Honest with myself? My host is voluntary, of course we 'get along'. That does not mean that I consider her to be an equal to me," Zorish says stubbornly, fingers curling around the edge of the table strong enough to turn Tamora's knuckles white. "If I were able to I would return in a heartbeat, but...as it is..." he falters, then sighs in disgust.

"My mission here was unauthorized. Usually, as a Sub-Visser, I am exempt from memory dumps. Unfortunately after a leave such as this the same exemptions will not apply. There are...conversations ...that could be problematic for the Visser to catch wind of." He scowls. "I am not a traitor, but you know as well as I do that memory dumps do not capture intent or emotion, merely words and actions."

<<Are you saying that you were lying when you told me you wanted to protect me?>> Tamora demands.

<<No, of course not,>> Zorish hisses in response. <<That's not what I...nevermind, human. You wouldn't understand.>>

<<You're lying,>> Tamora says, just as stubborn as her Yeerk. <<You always call me 'human' when you're trying to hide something from me.>>

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3111 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
Salem skated towards his ship, the ramp opening as he approached. The more he rolled the events of the last few minutes around in his head, the angrier he became. He took some small comfort in noting that the beeping that represented Rathien's proximity to him was nice and slow, and that, when he briefly closed his eyes, his new sense could detect no one near him.

This game with Rathien has to end now...

He skated up the ramp, deactivated his boots, and began shedding clothing and equipment on the floor. After a moment, he paused, looked down at the pile that now included his coat which had been sliced open, his hat, and his belt and holster. He hesitated briefly before gathering up the pile and moving towards the back wall of the ship, to the left of the open ramp. A doorway seemed to simply grow from the wall itself, revealing what could conceivably be construed as a closet, and Salem walked inside. As he stepped in, the doorway closed behind him.

Al looked back over his shoulder and stopped to allow Ewa to catch up.

"Man, he does not seem happy," he said, jerking a thumb towards Salem. "Don't know what happened out here, but I'd much rather be off somewhere having fun than dealing with it." He began walking again towards the ship. "So tempted to just run off to the lake and go fishing for a while."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3112 on: February 16, 2012, 12:49:33 AM »
Myitt pounds a fist onto the table, rattling the glasses. "But you do want her to be equal to you," Myitt insists, just as stubborn. "Why do you find that so hard to admit? Why is it so difficult to recognize that you care about her, as more than just a ****ing puppet?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3113 on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:15 AM »
Jocun overheard some of the conversation between the sub Visser and the other person. Talking about hosts. The other person was a rebel, and they were discussing contradicting ideologies. The rebels of the past were like historical figured of Human history. What countryman would pass up the opportunity to say hello to one of the founding fathers of said country? Though now probably wasn't the best moment. Still, he couldn't help glancing in their direction once in a while.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3114 on: February 16, 2012, 03:19:56 AM »
~Rathien~

Rathien moves as quickly towards his ship as he can manage in such a concealed, defensive position.  After what seems an eternity skulking through the underbrush, he reaches his vessel out in the woods.  He unlocks it and commands the ramp to lower.  He ascends and closes the ramp behind himself, arming the ship's active proximity detectors.

Rathien goes back to the med-bay and enters the self-med booth, commanding the computer to run a full diagnosis and treatment of his wounds.  Not only would it accelerate the residual radiation cleansing process considerably, it would remove any foreign antigens that had entered his body, and increase the rate of healing for the fairly mild blunt trauma wounds that Salem's weapon had incurred.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3115 on: February 16, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
Zorish jumps, surprised by Myitt's strong reaction. Sudden, inexplicable anxiety seizes him as he watches her, as he reads his host's quick agreement with the rebel.

"I cannot be a traitor," he says slowly. He releases his grip on the side of the table and is appalled to see that his hands are shaking. "My host's infatuation with me is...is inappropriate. I only allow it because it makes her easier to...to..."

He trails off, unable to finish the statement, and swallows hard. "I am not a traitor," he repeats in a thin, almost pleading voice.

<<Is it so bad to admit you actually enjoy my company?>> Tamora pipes up, both hopeful and hurt. <<You've already said that you can't go back. What further harm can it do?>>

<<Be quiet, you aren't making this any easier for me.>>

<<I'm always quiet,>> Tamora protests. <<Maybe I shouldn't be this time.>>

Zorish's expression twists into one of frustration. Propping his elbows on the table he buries his head in his hands, as if that could eliminate her voice.

<<You need me just as much as I need you, don't you?>> Tamora presses. <<Don't you?>>

"Shut up," he hisses aloud in a low voice, trying to ignore the churning in his stomach. It is just the alcohol, he tells himself.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3116 on: February 16, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
Parker sees Tamora's general depressed gestures and decides that hostilities would be unlikely. He continues to look out upon the bar patrons, though. He turns to Chris and asks, "Exile? Self-imposed, or did you do something they didn't like?"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #3117 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:57 AM »
I mentally signed in resignation. A knife would be useless against a human controller who was a aware of my presence. "A dry medley." This is a lesser known dish. The yeerk equivalent to what humans call salad. It was a rare treat for gedds to the rarity of the plants in the past, but recently our conquering of the galaxy has allowed for focus on growing massive amount of plants and increasing breeding speed of cattle. I turned to the human.

"You should be able to take BRRRRRR guess. What you represent to me, is someone who;s trying to fight for the rights of hosts. Something I BRRRRR was denied until very recently."
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3118 on: February 16, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »
Jocun's attention returned to the Gedd. "Ah, you're from my time. There are very few reasons why someone would be denied a host. The main being that the administrators deemed you incompatible with mainstream views on Yeerk-host relationships. But here you are with a starter host to prove that your disposition towards them has improved." He said. "Just remember we rule with benevolence because we need them. So, what brings you here?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:31:36 PM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3119 on: February 16, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »
"A little bit of both," Chris murmurs darkly, then quickly changes the topic. "So wherever it is you're from doesn't have Yeerks, huh?"

He glances back at Zorish, quickly reaching a similar conclusion as Parker and turning more fully away. "But you're human. And a fairly capable soldier, from the looks of it. What's going down on your version of Earth that requires all that armor, eh?"