Author Topic: What would YOUR battle morph be?  (Read 11340 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: What would YOUR battle morph be?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »
     Ostrich (spelling?) Would be awesome. Not only are those suckers fast, but if they're provoked, watch out :P It would be the equivalent of Tobias blinding Hork-Bajir.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
Ostriches are bigger than Cassowaries, but I chose the smaller large bird for the headbutting capabilities.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
     Platypus would be odd, but effective. Apparently those things carry poison. I always thought the platypus looked more like a pokemon, rather than an actual animal :P
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 06:33:13 PM »
Ostriches can be seriously dangerous. Their kicks can be lethal to humans and they're the fastest running two-legged animal on Earth.

Platypus is certainly an unusual choice, but I'd say better as a stealthy option (like a snake or skunk substitute) rather than an actual battle morph. Interesting fact is that when they were first discovered, everyone thought it was a hoax.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline zazuban

• Enemies shall become Allies before the end comes
    • IMVU Homepage
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 07:56:33 AM »
I thought about doing a cassowary /ostrich myself, but having a neck that is that open and vulnerable to attack would be a major downside when facing down multiple Hork-Bajir. The platypus is also another bad idea due to the time it would take for the poison to do any damage and the location that you would have to do some damage with to poison them to begin with. (their armpit region).

After some revision I have put together a better team of morphs.

Peregrine Falcon - Aerial domination /scout battle morph
Reason: Fastest bird on the planet, found all over North America (especially cities nowdays) so potential to go unnoticed is raised.

Spitting Cobra - Ranged Close combat/support roll battle morph
Reason: Only animal on the planet to have ranged combat, a very accurate poison spit that blinds enemies if spit into the eyes (possibly killing enemies if it contacts open wounds), poisoned bite if enemy gets too close, extremely agile and hard to hit, having the ability to curl yourself around an ally and supporting a larger "tank" animal.

Spotted Hyena - Close combat / tanking role
Reason: Hyenas are one of the most dangerous animal on the planet. Their jaw crushing power outclasses a lion (hence the reason why lions rarely engage hyenas). They are more agile and better in small spaces compared to the larger "tank" animals. Also the "laugh/cackle" they have would come in handy for taunting the yeerks.

Swordfish - Water morph / Close combat
Reason: Fastest fish on the planet, good endurance, strong "sword" on the front of the fish allowing it to spear and ram enemies, and natural camouflage

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
You may be right. The neck would help me look around, but I imagine it would be easy to grab or lop off too.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
     A Hork-Bajir's neck seems to be just as long, if not longer.

Post Merged: February 10, 2011, 04:11:52 PM
     After watching Phineas and Ferb, I discovered what the Platypus is. You know how the Escafil Device allowed a buffalo and an ant to acquire the power to morph? Pretty much the same thing here. A beaver got a hold of the Escafil Device and somehow acquired a duck's DNA. It morphed the duck and learned to fly. Unfortunately, it knew nothing about the two-hour limit, so when the beaver was demorphing, it got trapped as a beaver/duck hybrid. Thus, the Platypus :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:11:52 PM by TobiasMasonPark »
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Baranth

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:31 PM »
     A Hork-Bajir's neck seems to be just as long, if not longer.

Post Merged: February 10, 2011, 04:11:52 PM
     After watching Phineas and Ferb, I discovered what the Platypus is. You know how the Escafil Device allowed a buffalo and an ant to acquire the power to morph? Pretty much the same thing here. A beaver got a hold of the Escafil Device and somehow acquired a duck's DNA. It morphed the duck and learned to fly. Unfortunately, it knew nothing about the two-hour limit, so when the beaver was demorphing, it got trapped as a beaver/duck hybrid. Thus, the Platypus :P

Dragons have the same problem, or at least some do. There are dragons with short necks out there.

Now, yes, I know that dragons are quite large. However, if you simply added the adaptation of the Pernese dragon, to go between (basically, to go to a different dimension), you'd have a nearly invincible flying tank.

Now you know why I'm so proud of my species.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
     The Giant Squid would be awesome as an underwater battle morph. If the Yeerks went through with the shark-controllers, I'd say the Animorphs would put up a good fight in this morph.

Kangaroos are rumoured to have a powerful kick--or is that just bugs bunny lore?

Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Baranth

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
     The Giant Squid would be awesome as an underwater battle morph. If the Yeerks went through with the shark-controllers, I'd say the Animorphs would put up a good fight in this morph.

Kangaroos are rumoured to have a powerful kick--or is that just bugs bunny lore?

It's proven in #44.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »

Hydralisk. Ranged spine attack, two razor sharp blades AND teeth.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:41 AM »
I would have to go with rhinoceros, at least for my main morph (maybe something smaller for a 'backup' morph if I couldn't morph the rhino, probably hyena for reasons already stated).  Rhinos are probably the most tankish morph possible, which would be good for me since my reflexes are crap so I'd probably be getting hit a lot.  Plus, their main method of dealing damage is handily attached to their face, thus all I'd have to do is shake my head around to kill things.

And, yes, it's been pointed out that rhinos are blind, but that actually works for me.  I'm kind of cowardly, so not being able to see the dangerous things around me might almost be kind of a good thing.  I could just run around and stab randomly with my horn and not even really worry about trying not to get hit (because, hey, I'm a rhinoceros), and I'd do okay.

. . . And that just about sums up my playing style in every video game I've ever played, lol.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
Mine too DinosaurNothlit.

An Anklyosaur would be pretty good. It's huge, heavily armored, and has a very nasty mace on the end of it's tail.

Even their eyelids were armored, the only way you could really wound them was if yuo flipped them over, and they weigh a bit to much to do that.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:37:36 AM by Gumrad »
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

NateSean

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »
Anklyosaur was my favorite dinosaur in the first grade. It sucked when they only used one for about five seconds on Jurassic Park 3.

Oh and on Ostriches:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pJkjpvoujY[/youtube]

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
It was my favorite too...Now it's allosaurus

I have a story to tell about ostriches.

When I was 11 years old and rather dumb, I was living in rural Idaho, and we had a man about two miles down the road who farmed ostriches.

I desperately wanted to see an ostrich on the nest(no idea why now). This was a dangerous undertaking, for while one bird sat, the other circled the nest to keep away intruders. And I had seen a dog ripped almost in two from one kick of an ostrich foot.

I had been told that if I was ever attacked there were two means of avoiding serious injury or death. One was to have a long forked stick to thrust at the base of the bird's neck, keeping you far enough away to avoid it's murderous kicks. The other -a last resort- was to lie face downward with my head buried in my arms. The worst that was likely to happen is it that it wil sit on you and peck at you if you move-so don't move a muscle unless you want your eyes pecked out.

I was so intent on my goal that I didn't see the approach of the guardian **** from the other end of the paddock. after hearing a sudden angry "grunt" I turned to see the bird running towards me. I fled, dropping my forked stick. Realizing I could not make it to the fence, I flung myself to the dirt.

As the minutes passed, I raised one arm a little to see where the bird was. Immediately, I felt a sharp stab on the ground close to my side which shook my whole body, followed by another, and another. As I prayed, a sudden stab at my midsection made me wince. The bright metal buttons on my jacket pockets had attracted the angry bird.

I lay, muscles aching yet not daring to move, for what seemed like hours before, carefully looking under my arm again, I suddenly realized the bird was no longer there. I slowly lifted my sore body to let me see over the surrounding scrub. There was nothing in sight! I gathered my nerve and my remaining strength and made a dash for the barbed wire fence.

I had spent the greater part of the day on the ground. I was later told that it was probably the changing of the egg-sitting period which had saved me. The need to return to the nest to relieve the hatching hen had drawn the **** from my side. I returned home  to tell the tale of my miraculous escape, with my buttonless coat pockets to support my story.

Unfortunately my parents believed me and I was grounded for the rest of the summer.

In hindsight, I should have kept my mouth shut.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:54:07 AM by Gumrad Cobalteyes »
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes