Author Topic: What would YOUR battle morph be?  (Read 11339 times)

NateSean

Re: What would YOUR battle morph be?
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
The only downside of the Leeran is that we don't know enough about their biology to determine how useful they would be as an infilitration morph. Your speculation about a "psychic attack" is just that. Speculation. The Andalites weren't afraid of a possible psychic attack, they were afraid of valuable information getting loose, which is why both the Andalites and the Yeerks were risking massive losses to take control of the planet.

First there's the logistics. A Leeran brain and a human one are two different things. Even an Andalite brain, if we're talking about Ax. The Leeran brain is presumably equipped to process and store the information it has recieved from reading the minds of another species. A Yeerk has three days of access to the Leeran brain whereas anyone in morph has two hours, so the Leeran is far more useful as a host body than a morph. Humans don't retain the sense of smell of a wolf, so whatever information they recieve while in Leeran morph could easily fade away, even in the hands of a very intelligent human being.

Second is the fact that most species know what a Leeran is. They know the threat it represents and so you'd have no advantage of stealth. The one main advantage of the Earth morphs is that even the human controllers often readily dismissed a handful of ****roaches in a rundown building.

Offline Toominator Z

• Divide by Zero
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
I agree with you, but if we're talking stealth morphs Leerans should have been used way more. Maybe one Leeran and everyone else as a bug on the Leeran? ****roaches might _typically_ get dismissed, but you don't have to be seen at all if you always know exactly where they're going to be looking.

Offline Pyrrhian

• Still Alive!
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
I'm not convinced it's a suitable battle morph. Stealth morphs are a bit off topic but they're going to stand out. Giant yellow frogs are not going to be easily camouflaged! Since most of their planet is underwater they would be fairly ineffective above ground compared to underwater. Even underwater they don't seem particularly powerful.

I agree with NateSean, if the Leerans had offensive psychic attacks they would have used them. It's speculation to assume they can "fry your brain" or some other wishful ability like telekinesis.

Back to battle morphs, what you want is to be the most talented morpher ... EVER! Then you could individually morph the parts that you need quickly. The telepathic part of the Leeran brain, the skin of the toughest alien, the eyes and vocal chords of a Howler, extra limbs, bladed tails, for battle, acid/fire spitting mouths etc. Your imagination and foresight would be your limit.
I'm doing science and I'm ...

Offline Toominator Z

• Divide by Zero
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »
Not only theoretically feasible, but also hinted at by the Andalite "dancers" that morph for show. Then they'd reach Beast Boy status.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
I remember from the superhero squad show a teenage hero who could morph traits of dinosaurs. But, when he needed to ice skate he yelled. "Stegosaurus spines. ON MY FEET!" and used those as skates. I believe that's relatively similar to what we're talking about. It would be similar to Ax's Phillip morph in a way.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

NateSean

« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
Stealth morphs are a bit off topic.

Not really. Stealth is key to any successful battle. Most predatory animals require the ability to ambush their prey, which is why you want something that can, at the very least, blend into it's background if not confuse people who see it directly.

Offline MissySelenity

« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
I would be a panther, just cause I think they're cool, strong, and fast, not to mention they have claws that can tear you apart.

Offline nK0de

« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »
Lion. or any other big cat.

Offline arahs22

« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »
Lion, I think. Or maybe a tiger.

Offline Corsair_Caruso

« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »
I only read through about five pages of this, but I'd pick a Liger (I don't know if that's a common pick).  Lion father/tigress mother, experiences hybrid vigor from the parents.  I'll just make sure I find a nice, healthy specimen to acquire, as they sometimes have health problems.  A healthy, normal weight for a Liger is 1000 pounds; they're HUGE compared to either of their parent species, but just as quick as any big cat.  Keep in mind, this is no bigger than several species of prehistoric big cat, such as the American Lion of the Pleistocene period, so we know animals that size lived and hunted as predators.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »
Something stealthy so I can make sneak attacks and quick escapes. Like a panther or a jaguar.
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
Bear, gorilla, and black panther would be good. Gorilla's are dark, but a black panther is probably still better at sneaking around. Plus they have that predatory instinct and likely better night vision. I don't think I would just have one, because one creature doesn't fit all situations. A crocodile would also be a nice battle morph. Those four should do nicely.

Ani-Master 2014!