Author Topic: What would YOUR battle morph be?  (Read 11338 times)

Offline Baranth

Re: What would YOU'RE battle morph be?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »
A red-tailed hawk/Tobias without a doubt

Of course you would lean that way.
I may seem like an idiot, but trust me: I know what I'm talking about.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
     I always thought that was a stupid battle morph.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic bird--my favourite, because of the Animorphs-- and a useful flight morph. But honestly, as a battle morph--if we think realistically-- Tobias would have been TOAST. T-O-A-S-T! Burnt to a crisp.

Oh, you can say he was a great flyer, and knew what he was doing and could have avoided a shot from a Dracon Beam. And, you could also go as far as saying that he did enough damage as a hawk to all the Controllers.

But honestly! Come on! These kids burst into the Yeerk Pool every other week (probably an exagerration, but I'm not going to halt my rant to check a decent timeline of all their Pool Excursions), you'd think the controllers would be expecting a BIRD flying around an underground Yeerk Pool. Just get a few guys and take aim, or infest some hunters, or something! Realistically, Tobias would have been one crisp turkey.

HE SHOULD HAVE USED THE POLAR BEAR, HORK-BAJIR AND CHEETAH THAT HE ACQUIRED! It's like, he's been given a gift--to become ANYTHING HE TOUCHES- and he says, "Nah, no thanks. I wanna be a birdie."

Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Baranth

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
     I always thought that was a stupid battle morph.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic bird--my favourite, because of the Animorphs-- and a useful flight morph. But honestly, as a battle morph--if we think realistically-- Tobias would have been TOAST. T-O-A-S-T! Burnt to a crisp.

Oh, you can say he was a great flyer, and knew what he was doing and could have avoided a shot from a Dracon Beam. And, you could also go as far as saying that he did enough damage as a hawk to all the Controllers.

But honestly! Come on! These kids burst into the Yeerk Pool every other week (probably an exagerration, but I'm not going to halt my rant to check a decent timeline of all their Pool Excursions), you'd think the controllers would be expecting a BIRD flying around an underground Yeerk Pool. Just get a few guys and take aim, or infest some hunters, or something! Realistically, Tobias would have been one crisp turkey.

HE SHOULD HAVE USED THE POLAR BEAR, HORK-BAJIR AND CHEETAH THAT HE ACQUIRED! It's like, he's been given a gift--to become ANYTHING HE TOUCHES- and he says, "Nah, no thanks. I wanna be a birdie."

Preach it, brother!

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
Yeah, Tobias kind of squandered his talents just a little bit.

I'd have to go with Hork-bajir. I think that in the right hands, they'd be a lot more dangerous than K.A. makes them out to be.
Meh.

Offline Baranth

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
Yeah, Tobias kind of squandered his talents just a little bit.

I'd have to go with Hork-bajir. I think that in the right hands, they'd be a lot more dangerous than K.A. makes them out to be.

Unfortunately, those right hands seem to be Yeerkish.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: What would YOUR battle morph be?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
I think a shark is a good aquatic battle morph, but I'd love to see someone try to use a whale morph to swallow their enemies whole.

Actually whales can't swallow large creatures, they mostly live on plankton.

Tobias did occasionally morph Hork-Bajir in battle, but yes I agree he should've used his battle morphs more often. The only flaw in using his Hork-Bajir morph in a fight is that in the heat of battle one of the others might not recognise him. Another problem is that the Yeerks might find it odd that and Andalite would use a Hork-Bajir morph instead of his natural form, but that same issue applies to most of their battle morphs.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Baranth

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »
I was thinking that like Cassie did to David in #22, whale morphs could be used as intimidation tactics or deterrents.

You could also use whale morphs in the same way Cassie did in #34 and use them like battleships, to carry troops to the battlefield.

This, of course, doesn't work as well on land. However, Megamorphs #1 does offer a glimmer of hope with Rachel in elephant morph carrying Cassie as a squirrel, and Megamorphs #3's hilarious picture of Tobias in Hork-Bajir morph riding a horse... which happened to be Jake.

NateSean

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
Another problem is that the Yeerks might find it odd that and Andalite would use a Hork-Bajir morph instead of his natural form, but that same issue applies to most of their battle morphs.

Of course, one thing that KA sorely fell back on was Tobias' suddenly taking an interest in his Andalite heritage. We see him morphing Andalite once when they go to the Hork-Bajir homeworld, but other than that, nothing.

Once Ax began teaching him how to tail-fight and everything, I think it would have been great to see more scenes of Ax training Tobias and more of Tobias using his Andalite body in battlemorph.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »
Twice, if you count him beginning an Ax-nothlit in the Familiar.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Baranth

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
Twice, if you count him beginning an Ax-nothlit in the Familiar.

Yeah, that was all over #33, but almost nowhere else... This would've been perfect to use in both #38 and #40.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
     I understand why he never used Ax's morph, though. Morphing another Andalite--especially in front of Visser Three, whose host is an Andalite (and thus, knows a lot about Andalite habits and mindset)--would have raised suspicion. Isn't it said that very few Andalites are fond of having someone else copy and morph their DNA? Isn't that the reason that that one Andalite (book forty) refuses to acquire his friend and become a nothlit? Andalites are proud creatures; that's why they always fight in their ordinary bodies. So, Tobias using the Ax morph wouldn't have been wise, despite the face that Ax was more than happy to let Tobias acquire him.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline zazuban

• Enemies shall become Allies before the end comes
    • IMVU Homepage
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
My battle morph would have to be a Garatron without no doubt. Garatrons are the extremely fast moving aliens that appear in the yerk pool during book #37 The Weakness.[spoiler]If not for Marco's instinct as a viper that single Garatron would have killed everyone[/spoiler]. Now picture a Garatron duel wielding draco beam weapons. Target practice anyone?  >:D

If I wanted an earth morph though it would definitly be a peregrine falcon. Having the ability to pull in and out of battle situations and being able to scout out a battlefield for a team is indespinsable. Plus tobias did all the damage he ever needed to in book #3 The Encounter, when he took down multiple yeerk ships single handidly. Lets see a kitty cat do that  :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:37:43 PM by zazuban »

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
     Topic title should really be What would YOUR battle morph be...
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
Yes I'm aware of that TMP and I've corrected it. I hope you don't mind Andalite_Shorm.

Garatron would be a pretty badass morph, but the falcon has the same problems as Tobias' hawk form in battle. He's too easy a target in an enclosed space (eg. buildings or Yeerk Pool). As awesome as it was taking down a truck ship by himself, that was pure dumb luck.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »
Has anyone ever thought about a Cassowary? Most people seem to go with a big cat or a bear or something, but a Cassowary might be interesting. It's a large bird with a strong kick and sharp claws, as well as a kind of natural helmet. I don't know how fast it can run or how much endurance it has, though.

Just something that might be a bit out of the box as far as popular votes.

Ani-Master 2014!