Author Topic: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates  (Read 71609 times)

Offline Kyle

Re: Check out what I found~
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
Think about this: If they remake a TVshow, it can't be as bad as the old one! Nothing can be so bad! lol

If you stopped thinking of it as a direct adaptation and just a series based on the books you might actually enjoy the show. It wasn't  bad show just because their dracon beams were flashlights or that they switched Cassie for Rachel having the morph allergy. Liberties have to be taken to make adaptations work in general. if they did a new one today, the effects would/could be better, butI bet they would get younger kids to play, which is fine for accuracy's sake, but harder to find decent actors.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2010, 02:06:26 PM »
Think about this: If they remake a TVshow, it can't be as bad as the old one! Nothing can be so bad! lol

If you stopped thinking of it as a direct adaptation and just a series based on the books you might actually enjoy the show. It wasn't  bad show just because their dracon beams were flashlights or that they switched Cassie for Rachel having the morph allergy. Liberties have to be taken to make adaptations work in general. if they did a new one today, the effects would/could be better, butI bet they would get younger kids to play, which is fine for accuracy's sake, but harder to find decent actors.
Oh, don't worry, I enjoy the show for what it is: a parody :P
No, really, I like to watch it sometimes, for fun ^^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »

Yeah but the thing is. It wasn't even that good of a show IMO. It's like how people say if you don't think about the show and focus on the movie, you'll enjoy the Last Airbender. I saw that movie, completely forgetting I'm like the shows number one fan and it was still a crappy movie. Most adaptations to TV shows/books are often not only bad adaptions but bad shows/movies as well. The only acception I can think of off the top of my head are the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia movies
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2010, 03:06:20 PM »

Yeah but the thing is. It wasn't even that good of a show IMO. It's like how people say if you don't think about the show and focus on the movie, you'll enjoy the Last Airbender. I saw that movie, completely forgetting I'm like the shows number one fan and it was still a crappy movie. Most adaptations to TV shows/books are often not only bad adaptions but bad shows/movies as well. The only acception I can think of off the top of my head are the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Narnia movies
Hmmm Not sure we understand each other. I think the TVshow Animorphs is a bad adaptation AND a bad TVshow. But I like to watch it sometimes 'coz it's like a parody (even if the best parody ever is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doakRnUa4PQ). Really... even fans with $20 could make a better TVshow :P
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »
no. THIS is the best parody ever

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Kyle

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
Ok, so what are the show's flaws in general, if the books are no longer part of the equation? Is it just the production values for you? because considering what else was on Nickelodeon at the time, almost entirely comedies and cartoons, a show about an alien invasion with a more dramatic tone was a welcome edition to the line up if you ask me.

Sorry if I'm treading a bit too off topic here, I'm just really curious.

And just because you find an adaptation a laughable effort doesn't make it a parody. A parody pokes fun the ridiculousness of the original concept and characters.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:26:54 PM by Kyle »

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2010, 04:35:23 PM »
no. THIS is the best parody ever
I meant "the best parody of Animorphs"... And I'm sure I know better parodies than Harry Potter the musical :P

@Kyle: I know it isn't a true parody, but like Twilight, they did it without meant it ;) (Hey, you know, I use humor very often... don't take everything I say at word...)
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »
Ok, so what are the show's flaws in general, if the books are no longer part of the equation? Is it just the production values for you? because considering what else was on Nickelodeon at the time, almost entirely comedies and cartoons, a show about an alien invasion with a more dramatic tone was a welcome edition to the line up if you ask me.

I actually don't think a show like Animorphs would have ever fit in with what Nick had at that time. That was ONE of my things with it. It just never really fit in well with the other shows on Nick. If it was on now, it'd probably be a bit more welcome but still a crappy show. IDK I just didn't like it. I thought it was corny(which is saying something when you think about other shows that were on Nick at the time) I wish they had used the Battle morphs more often(I know they probably couldn't have cuz of budgets and stuff but still) I hated that little subplot with the disk, I mean if all Tobias had to do was touch the disk and gain his morphing powers back then that pretty much took away the whole danger revolving around their two hour limit. I could spend a while talking about that accursed show but this isn't the thread for that

Glaflafock

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
I mean if all Tobias had to do was touch the disk and gain his morphing powers back then that pretty much took away the whole danger revolving around their two hour limit.

Wait, what? This happened? REALLY?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
Yeah, he flew out the window with the disk in his talons, then he like had some type of weird...bird...seiz ure...and morphed back to his human form, followed by a holographic elfangor coming out of the disk and telling him what just happened

Glaflafock

Offline Kyle

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
Not fitting in was what I thought was cool about it initially. Variety in programing is a good thing for any network/cable channel to have. I loved that I had a show on Nick that took itself seriously for once.  I'll give you the disk thing but everything else gets a pass from me when taking budget into consideration.  I don't believe someone with 20 bucks could do better, like Dameg suggested. I'm sure he was exaggerating to make a point, but even with a few hundred dollars that just isn't true at all. If that were the case we'd have tons of fantastic fanfilms by now, but in reality the few we do have suffer the same budget problems Nick faced but to an even greater degree.  I know we can all agree that you can't do justice to the books without a high budget, but all things considered I think they made the best of what they had.

but I know this isn't the topic for this. carry on.  

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2010, 06:39:18 PM »
There are several threads that do discuss the television show, if you want to move the discussion there. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »

it wasn't a parody, obviously, but it was laughable at times.

i liked the opening song, but that was where it ended.
my main issue was how much the show differed from the books: the alien models were low-budget, morphing took like three seconds (rarely shown outside of just shadows), and none of the characters felt right. i felt as if the creators hadn't even bothered reading the books, when they should have gotten more involved (like some fan-projects i''ve seen).

honestly, i never even bothered to finish the whole thing. it was far too painful to watch. >_<

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
We're getting off topic. I suggest merging to a previous thread or starting new.

And FYI, the Scholastic webcast is now up to watch: http://www.hiracdelest.com/blog/?p=1065

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Kyle

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
You have to register first? meh.