Author Topic: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates  (Read 71607 times)

VisserZer0

Re: Check out what I found~
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 06:27:16 PM »
If they don't completely screw it over like the first time, I wouldn't mind a redone TV show. Unless you mean reruns of the old show. That would just be :/

Offline Red

• raptor girl
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »
It would be like watching reruns of nineties gameshows. Criiinge :)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
Believe it or not, I have met quite a few people IRL that liked the show (but have never read the books).

That said,... no. NO. They should in no way bring that show back, lol. Especially if they're putting all this money and effort into rebranding the franchise. It'd be like flushing millions down the toilet.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:40:21 PM by Essam 293 »

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
$6.99? Ugh. I guess they have to make money somehow

hey, they're making money just by re-releasing them.
i still think 5.99 sounds a lot more reasonable, especially considering how many books there are to sell.
$420 for 60 books, not taking account of the pricier specials.

if they do a show, i really hope they don't introduce it until the first 20 books or so are out.
or, godforbid, before the book series starts! :(

the show ruins it for new-time readers. if i had seen that first i would have never started the series.
although they do need to finish that opening song. the one good part of the series. >_<

just watch them make an animorphs anime. :akanbe:

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
the show ruins it for new-time readers. if i had seen that first i would have never started the series.

Hey, watching the show is the reason I'm a fan. :P

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »

Hey, watching the show is the reason I'm a fan. :P

to each his own, i guess. it always saddened me when:

me: *mentions animorphs*
them: oh yeah, that nick show!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
I don't like it now. ::) But considering people came to the fandom because they watched it... you can't completely knock it.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 06:58:37 PM »
i suppose that it wouldn't seem as bad if i hadn't ever read the  books.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »
:P Trust me. It got worse with each book I read.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
lol see i didnt have a choice but to watch the show cuz back when I got into Animorphs, I was too young to read the books but knew they were better than the show
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Kyle

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »
I loved the show. It was because the show I got into the books. See, I was at my cousin's house waiting for it to premiere, because the teasers were interesting, then my cousin pointed out it was based on a book series, which he let me take a look at. I recognized the cover from the book sale we had going on at my school, but never knew what it was about. I read the first 4 chapters er so, then watched the first episode on Nick. I was hooked on both. Yes they had their obvious differences but I didn't care. I had faces and voices to put to the characters, made it easier for me to picture in my head. I borrowed a new book up every other week until I went over the number where my School library's selection stopped and had to start buying my own. I went ahead and joined the Animorphs book club. I hate reading but made an exception for these. I preferred watching the show, as Im more of a visual person, but the books gave me my fix for the rest of the week and any hiatuses the show took. (which, which Nick's spotty schedule it became more and more uncertain when the next ep would be shown) I know the books are better, but the show was cool in its own right. I know it was done on a budget but I didn't care. it was the actors and morphing effects that made it work for me.  They did the best they could with the budget they had, and as a kid (and even now to an extent) I was pretty forgiving of the compromises they had to make.

I technically started reading the books before I saw the first episode on Nick, but I wouldnt have even given it a change if the show hadn't happened. it would have been just another book with an interesting cover I sometimes see at the library. Getting me to read a book (at any point in my life) was an accomplishment.

I would love for them to bring back the show in sorm form. idealy through DVD, but I'd settle for re aring too. The only versions we have are captured from old VHS tapes which have really degraded in quality. Especially the final eps which are nearly unwatchable. (and before someone beats me to the punchline, no its not because of the shows overall quality)

Also, I really want a nice clean high quality version fof the shows theme song. even people who hated the show have to give it props for that. heh
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:21:05 PM by Kyle »

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »
oh, forgot to mention, i miss the old jake.
i really hope they can pull off the other characters. maybe tobias will finally be blonde again!

Quote from: hmmm
Online advertising linking to special content on Animorphs website www.scholastic.com/animorphs update, including:

* Games & Video
    * Summer camp sampling
    * Outreach to Animorphs fan sites

thanks again, truth! yay for HiDe!

Offline Gyt Kaliba

• I"s - Reaching for a Dream
    • I"s - Reaching for a Dream
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2010, 07:38:58 AM »
What's the 'summer camp sampling' about? I hope it's not meaning they're gonna start a camp and call it 'The Sharing'...cuz I'm not joining! *runs for the hills*

...In-theater advertising? Oh...my...I am in shock. o_o We never even had TV advertisements for them back in the day did we? YES! I think Scholastic has a lot of confidence in this brand, let's hope they're not let down.
What is I"s? (click below)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 08:38:56 AM »
Think about this: If they remake a TVshow, it can't be as bad as the old one! Nothing can be so bad! lol
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 01:13:09 PM »
What's the 'summer camp sampling' about? I hope it's not meaning they're gonna start a camp and call it 'The Sharing'...cuz I'm not joining! *runs for the hills*

That's just paranoid... at least until a certain Mr. Visser shows up. THEN run for the hills.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th