Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54699 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #600 on: September 22, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »
Kelran nodded, "I think its easier to count the times I dont have it than the times I do. Careful, its no small or light thing..."
He unsheathed the massive object. It was doubltful that any human could even heft it efficiently considering it weighed the equivalent of 35 pounds.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #601 on: September 22, 2008, 09:18:55 AM »
"Oh, sorry," she said with a bit of a smile. "I'm going to go take this outside for a second. I want to get a few shots off, see how it works, ect." She lowered it towards the ground, sort of at an angle, careful to keep her trigger finger on the side of the weapon. "Back in a sec."
Walking outside, she took a deep breath. It had been getting just a bit crowded in there. She prepped her stance, remembering with a smile shooting at the gun range with him. And now...would he still do it? She clenched the beam tightly. The Yeerk in his head would probably continue to practice, to get better with this new weapon. Well, with practice she could get just as good as he was.
"Clear your mind," she mumbled to herself. She fired off a shot. The kickback wasn't too bad. Somewhere between a .22 and a 9 mm. She adjusted the weapon and went to aim at...the charred hole in the tree she had aimed at. That wasn't good.
She looked at the weapon, moving so that it was still facing the tree, while she stood beside it. Then she noticed the power level. She moved it down a bit and took aim at another tree. She squeezed the trigger and found that there was less power in the shot, but it still left a burn.
After about five minutes and 10 shots, she stopped, satisfied. Then she fired off another 10 shots on level 4 before heading back in. "Probably want to keep these somewhere between one and four," she said. "They seem to cause the least amount of damage."
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #602 on: September 22, 2008, 09:20:51 AM »
Yarin unleashed his tovreet, the foot long 3 pronged daggers gleamed in the dim cave light. "Okay let us begin" Yarin said as he advanced.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #603 on: September 22, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »
"Okay. Yarin, Nichole, and I will morph bird and fly to the roof so we can bust in from down there. I'll morph roach and pull the alarm, which will be Kelran's team's cue to advance. Once we set off Yarin's charges, we'll make our way out and Kelran can set off his charges."

Cody began morphing golden eagle.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2008, 11:50:32 AM »
Kelran smiled, "You know this isnt fair to either of us, these weapons are unsuited for direct combat"
he slung a probing glacing blow anyways.
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #605 on: September 22, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »
<We want the beams so we have ranged attacks. We know the Yeerks will be firing beam weapons, or Human firearms, so it would be good to have them. This is a big, important mission. If we fail, we may never get another shot at it.> Cody said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #606 on: September 22, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »
"Yes this is true." Yarin said as he parried with his lower arms and struck a blow on Kelran with his upper arms.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
Kelran smoothly flipped behind Yarin allowing his blow to pass right over the tips of his folded wings, turned, and waited for Yarin to come again. "Leave the heavier fire to me, if you make a single mis-step in a heavy fire-fight youll get shot. You get shot on level 8 which is what they tend to use if I read their indicators right, then youll be reduced to component atoms. Painfully."
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #608 on: September 22, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
"Which explains why you're missing a few trees." She smiled, watching the two fight with fascination. It was almost like an improvised dance. Finally she scooted around them, giving them a wide berth, and handed the beam back to Hu. "Like I said, keep it around Level 4. It seems to do enough damage without actually killing anyone. Anything above will cause bodily injury." She watched them fight for a few more seconds before asking, "So, we gonna leave soon, or are you boys gonna keep fighting? Not that I'm particularly opposed to it, I just think Cody's looking to go."
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #609 on: September 22, 2008, 03:15:23 PM »
(So is it confermed are we going to do the de-evolution thing later? and is jmnar4 still in the part of this?)
"I have practiced enough now if someone will kindly remind me of what i am suposed to do we can get on our way." yarin said his skin turning white to cool himself off
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:32:05 PM by yarin »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #610 on: September 22, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »
Hu hesistantly thanked Nichole -- who accidentally hit his nose while handing him the weapon.  But Hu, naturally, didn't make a big production of it.  He was invisible, after all.

Hu swore to himself not to use the weapon, preferring his claws and his satchel.  He knew that he could use the Cryos Crystals to freeze the floor, make it slick.  He knew he had plenty of vine bolas, Vanishing Powder, Disorientation Dust. . . .  But he couldn't help but feel unease, knowing that Bened probably would be there.

Was he a Controller?  Or was Smilodite physiology so alien that their brains couldn't accomadate the Yeerk or something?  Hu knew none of the answers to these questions.  He remembered the Devolution Draught.  And what his master told him about it. . . .

"Remember, Hu, my son," he had said, "this potion is probably the most volatile of all.  Its danger doesn't lay in its production, but its consumption.  Devolving is a nasty process.  It is important to remember that you must force your mind to remain present.  Control the savage instincts, do not allow them to consume you.  Many a Smilodite thought they could handle this, and, as a result, become quite literally monsters to themselves and others.  Its permancy is varible, but it does rely on emotional triggers or stress.  But take heed of this warning, my student, the effects are known to be long-termed, so don't take it lightly. . . ."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:14:37 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #611 on: September 23, 2008, 12:18:37 PM »
(this story is really getting good so what's next?)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #612 on: September 23, 2008, 12:51:47 PM »
<We need to get to the roof, so you can get in and plant the boms. How could you forget. Now let's get moving!> Cody said as he went to a bomb. Emily tied it to his back with some string, so he could fly it up without it being conspicuous.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #613 on: September 23, 2008, 09:08:02 PM »
"It is easy to forget when you are a level two telepath I have to constantly filter out excess thoughts to avoid a mental breakdown, it is a drain on my cognative abilities so forgive me if I occasionly forget things" Yarin said.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #614 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »
<Sorry. I'm getting a bit edgy.> Cody said, and took off. He flew high about the tower, and landed down. He found a good place to lay the bomb down, and undid the string. Then he made his way back for another trip.

Ani-Master 2014!