Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54738 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
((I think that Kelran will accept the offer of morphing technology but only aquire a human morph, and reluctantly at that, for the sake of learning about Earth and the yeerks. When he has to quire future morphs in order to 'get small' or go aquatic hes going to be very unhappy about it.  :P ))

The Gryphon smiled genuinely for one of the few times since arriving, "Im Kelran, Kelran-Isthinar. Its not much of a spot but why don't we go inside." he gestured to the cave-like apreture in the rockface.

When he and Yarin and Nichole were inside Kelran took a reclining positon on a rock slab, leaving his guests to 'perch' sit or stand wherever they wished.

Much to both Yarin and Nichole's surprise, Kelran directed his first questions at Nichole, "So, tell me more about Cody. He doesnt strike me as the type who has had definitive leadership experience or training. And I think he percieved what I said as a challenge.
The last thing you want as a small attack unit is infighting or an untried leader."
He preened the edge of his wing thoughtfully for a moment, "And the last thing any of you want as friends is to feel betrayed or used."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »
(By the way, when Hu first sees humans, he'll think of them as giant Prosims, a species on his home planet/dimension, which look like unclothed humans with rat-like tails and glossamer wings.  Just so you guys know.  Of course, yarin, Kelran, Hu probability won't know what heck you guys are -- unless you guys want it to be otherwise.)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2008, 03:20:08 PM »
Cody decided to let Jason mull things over before making a decision, as the bell rang for lunch to be over. He waved good bye to Emily and snuck off. He still had some money left over, so he went to a resteraunt for what some people would call "real" food. After eating, he also purchased a boom box for music. He didn't know if Yarin's ship could pick up radio waves, but he wanted to be prepared.

There was a nice club where people could get in, provided they wore nice clothes and paid a small admittance fee. That's where he planned the date for. It had a place to eat, and a dance floor. Perfect for a nice night Thursday, and since it was Monday afternoon he had time to teach Yarin about Human expression and dancing.

((I'm fine with the idea of Hu and Bened falling in at the club, though we could also have some date time before things go bad. Yarin and Nichole can decide what the suit and dress will look like that they will wear.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »
"Honestly, I don't know that much about Cody. I only recently met him. But from our whole one battle, I think he's fairly qualified. Plus, he's got the whole Kirk complex going for him, what with finding a girl out of the blue and all. And about the whole thing about perceiving what you said as a 'challenge', well, we sorta picked him as the leader because, well, I don't really know. I just know that I'm not leadership material. I'm back-up. Like waay in the back back-up. Though you did sound like you were challenging his authority. Sort of. I guess." She fell silent and flushed a bit, completely flustered. She didn't really like talking about Cody to someone she had just met. Complain about him--or anyone else for that matter--fine. But it almost sounded like Kelran wanted her to say he was an unfit leader or something. At least, that was her interpretation. Her mind was racing, trying to think of something else to say to fill the growing silence. Finally her mind latched onto the last thing he said. "Hey, what did you mean by that? The last thing you said. About being used or betrayed or whatever, by your friends?"
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
Kelran sighed deeply, it seemed he was doing alot of that today.
"In a group like yours, especially in a position like yours, change or addition or removal of group members can upset very fine, very important balances. Believe me, Ive seen it happen, its happened to me. twice.
Friendship, and family, and love are the most valuable things you can ever have, and my arrival can concievably threaten damage to that, especially if I catalize or cause changes in Cody for the worse. I must admit, Im not averse to leadership, but Ive never been under the command of any but my seniors, and none but my kind. We are taught from the earliest of ages to respect other races as equal, but to avoid allowing them to command us."

He shifted uncomfortably, "I want to help, I want to be an extension of your group, but... I cant.." here Kelran's voice took on an almost apologetic, albiet very firm tone, "and I wont accept leadership. I neither want it over me, nor do I wish to be one.
I simply wish to be regarded as an equal by everyone in the group, including and especially its leader.
I do not wish to sound... arrogant. but I have much to offer you. I have several years of tactical and survival training and experience, technically I outrank everyone here. But thats doesnt matter to me."

Kelran shifted again, and hoped no one would actually ask about his rank "I simply want to avoid confrontation. I do not wish Cody to percieve me as a challenger to his authority. Even, no *especially* because he is a natural leader. I will react badly, he will react badly, and we risk changing who we are when its not worth it."
Kelran dearly wished Festhar was there, instead of who-knew how many lightyears away.
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
"Maybe you should try telling him that," Cole said with a small smile. Then she frowned slightly. "Wait...what time is it?" She grabbed her phone. "Oh, great I've got only...three and a half hours left until math. I really need to stop worrying." She sighed.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #291 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »
Kelran laughed, "I am not fond of math myself. So, I think I might wish to aquire this morhping technology, if only to mingle with your species for a time. I detest the idea of becoming something different than what I am already... but if I am to have a better look at the enemy, and have something to do all day, I had best get used to short bursts of being human."

He ****ed his head, "What do you think of it? either of you? what kind of reaction does it provoke? morphing I mean."
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2008, 04:45:37 PM »
"Yeah, math isn't exactly my favorite, so of course it's part of the requirements for my major." She sighed, leaning against the wall. "Mostly, too much of it makes me rather sleepy. Plus there's the instincts that you have to watch out for. Which are not at all fun, especially when you're dealing with fatigue. Or are we talking about what people do when you morph in public? Which, by the by, is not suggested."

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2008, 04:57:23 PM »
((I'm fine with the idea of Hu and Bened falling in at the club, though we could also have some date time before things go bad. Yarin and Nichole can decide what the suit and dress will look like that they will wear.))

Ok but does that mean that we'll have a few days before  the date?
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2008, 05:01:14 PM »
(That's what I'm waiting for you guys to decide.  After all, it's your guys date -- Hu and Bened (Bened=Benedict, if this interest anyone) just happen to drop in.  Literally.)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »
((After we go through a few posts of Kelran and Emily getting morphing ability, and Cody teaching Yarin how to dance, we can skip Wedensday and Thursday morning to go ahead for the date.))

After Cody took the boom box to Yarin's ship, he also went back to his old place to move all of his things from the construction site into his room in the ship. That included the morphing cube that would soon be used on Emily. There was still a little time before her school let out, so he flew to Kelran's place.

"Hey guys. I'm back." Cody said as he entered the cave. He found a spot and reclined, as he'd been running around practically all day.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #296 on: August 24, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
By that point, Cole had been forced to say her goodbyes and fly back to her campus, whereupon she was in class for the next couple of hours. It was all very boring, but it meant that she was gone by the time Cody had arrived.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »
Kelran nodded to Cody, "Greetings."
He considered speaking to Cody as Nichole had suggested, but he didnt think it wise to do so just yet, he thought it best to wait until a moment when Cody was more relaxed and open.
"So, if you're willing Id like to aquire the morphing technology if for no other reason than to join you in human social activities and observe the enemy up close. I hear you're also thinking of adding someone else to your group? perhaps it would help him or her if we aquired and practiced together. to take the edge of anxiety off?"
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2008, 07:13:01 PM »
Cody's POV:

"Sure." Cody said. "We can do that once she gets out of school. It won't be too long."

Emily's POV:

After classes ended, Emily went out to the parking lot. She had told her parents that she planned to hang out with friends before coming home for dinner and homework. Sure enough, she saw the familiar golden eagle. She hopped on her bike, and followed it to a place near an old construction site. It wasn't exactly the part of town she was familiar with, but there were worse parts of town.

She wasn't surprised when she saw a spaceship, though it was definitely different from bug fighters or the blade ship. What she saw inside was what really surprised her.

"Ok, are you ready to go in and join the other side?" Cody asked.

"You bet! I'm ready for payback."

They went inside, and she came face to face with two aliens.

"Is that a Gryphon?"

"Yep. His name is Kelran. This other guy is a Nyac named Yarin. And this is a morphing cube." He said, holding up the cube.

"Wow, a real Escafil device."

"Uh, yeah."

She guessed he wasn't entirely familiar with the terminology, but that was fine. She touched it, and the power to morph flowed into her. Kelran also touched the cube, and took the power.

Cool. I'm kind of used to aliens by now, but I never expected to see a Gryphon." She said. "Is there a planet of the unicorns?" She asked Cody quietly.

"Dragons is what I'd rather see." Cody said with a smile.

"So when is the first mission?"

"We're going to help Kelran get home this weekend. We need to steal a bugfighter. Any ideas?"

"Most bugfighters are stationed in the docking bays of the Blade and Pool ships. It may be possible to send a distress signal through a device, and then take one when it lands. It's risky, but possible."

"Cool. What kind of guy is Visser Five, anyway. I've been curious."

"Well, he's got a sneaky and patient personality. He chose to start a front organization to slowly infest Humans, instead of choosing open war. He's not overly volatile, but he can be merciless if really ticked off. He's sometimes willing to negotiate, but always makes sure he gets the better part of any deal."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
Kelran jumped in, "Typical type 4 errant personality. The only way to get the upper hand is through use of the unexpected, trickery, and small unit hit-and-fly tactics. If he is as you describe him, and I dont doubt it, then he relies on a very scientific view of warfare, which means we need to take up an instinctually driven method."

He shrugged, "Tactics was a required major at SFC academy. So, tell me about these 'bug' fighters. What kind of range, weapons capability, and faster than light drives do they have?"
Until it is no more....