Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54732 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2008, 07:47:57 AM »
Cody and Yarin helped Kelran aquire a Human morph, and buy him a suit. Emily set up the limousine, since neither Cody nor Yarin had a car. They picked up Jason at his house, and made their way to Nichole's dorm on Thursday evening.

"Okay, this is it. Here's the dress, and the rose." Cody said as he handed them over. "The single red rose is a symbol of love, and will be given upon asking her out on a date. The dress is just to make sure she has one to go with your suit. Now Yarin, go up to the door and knock. When Nichole answers, ask her if she will go out on a date with you. We'll be back here watching you shine."

"So what do we do about security?" Emily asked as Yarin went up to the door. "You know there's a good chance controllers will be there. Some Yeerks like to party as much as Humans."

"We'll use the bathroom for them to demorph and remorph. At any one time, one of us should be within eyesight of a clock, if you don't have a watch on. At an hour and a half, one of us will go in with Yarin and Kelran, one at a time, and help them our of their suit. They demorph, remorph, and we help them back in." Cody said. "I'm a tad worried about Kelran, because he's a big guy, so I'm thinking we'll find a safe place outside for possible demorphing as well. Nichole and Yarin will be going for lots of fun. The rest of us will be there for a little fun, and security."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:03:14 AM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »
Nichole sat in her dorm, typing away on the computer, hoping in vain to find something interesting. Something entertaining. Anything that would provide more entertainment than sitting at the computer, staring at the blank screen. A part of her was half-tempted to search weird things like "Yeerk" if she didn't find anything good to read/look at in the next few minutes.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »
"We should also remember my.. unique circumstances" Kelran said.
During the course of practicing the human morph, they had discovered that for whatever scientific and mental reasons it took far longer and was infinitely harder for him to morph than the others.
It could take as much as 2 minutes depending on circumstances.
But, almost as if in answer to this, Kelran could de-morph to his original self, literally almost instantaneously.
Cody had timed him at 2.68 seconds once. And because of his faster metabolism, he needed almost no time to rest between a de-morph and a re-morph.
Kelran suspected this was all because of his highly dense genetic structure, but he guessed that Yarin was the only one with whom he could hold a full fledged intelligent conversation about the theory. And Yarin was otherwise occupied at the moment.

"It is a great achievement that your species has survived so long" he mumbled, "Lack of post-industrial technology, impossible-to-live-with biological charecteristics, unbelieveably cramped transportation, and mating rituals that begin far too early in life.
And let us not neglect to mention the fact that you have no taste whatsoever in weapons or any sort of social graces."
Kelran was very angry upon learning that his human morph neither had the strength to even swing his sword, nor was he even allowed by law to bring it into a public place.
"Do you mean to tell me this sort of gathering involves no duels? no physical trials? and of course no flight.... At least there will be some sort of food I assume?"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:40:31 AM by Kelran-Isthinar »
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
"If you want to see fights, and possibly engage in them, I can take you to another place. Guns, knives, and other weapons. You'll probably get killed, though, but you'll have fun while dying." Cody said. Kelran had been rubbing him the wrong way practically since they met, but he'd soon be gone. Though there was also something about him that Cody liked. Maybe in time he might get used to Humans, and be fun to hang out with. Not that any of this mattered, since he'd be gone after the weekend. "Just remember that this is about Yarin and Nichole. I'll take you somewhere tomorrow night that may be closer to your tastes."

"And bring him back out again in one piece." Emily said firmly. She could somewhat tell they didn't get along, but actually wished Kelran would stay longer. She was well educated, but feared even her schooling wouldn't impress the Gryphon.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »
Yarin knocked on Nicholes door She answered it and he gave her the decorative floral piece and the dress. Then she told him to wait outside so she could put it on.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2008, 11:06:17 AM »
The second the door closed, Nichole flipped out. "Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Haha!" She threw up her arms, laughing and grinning from ear to ear. Then it suddenly dawned on her that Yarin was probably still outside her door. She just hoped that the alien hadn't heard her extremely odd reaction. She took a deep breath and caught a glance of herself in the mirror. "Oh, no!" she moaned. "I look horrible!" While it was true that her hair had been windblown and there was a distinct lack of make-up on, she didn't look "horrible". However, she stuck her head out and said to Yarin, "It might take a bit longer than expected." Then, she grabbed a spray-bottle full of water and proceeded to tackle her hair. Only suceeding in making it worse, in her opinion. Frustrated, she turned to the make-up. Something she wore...once in a blue moon, and usually that was stage make-up. She took a breath and tried anyway.
Finally, after about twenty minutes of attempts to make herself look presentable, she stepped out of the door, wearing the dress.
((Um...I have a quick question. Exactly how fancy are we talking? Are we talking like prom wear, with a full-length dress, or more of a tea-length--about knee high. I kinda need to know for the description of the dress. Then again, I am asking a bunch of guys, so the response should prove to be interesting... ;D))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2008, 11:20:20 AM »
((I said earlier that I'd let you and Yarin decide what the dress and suit would look like. I don't want to give a description that you don't like, so I'll let you describe it. The club they're going to is kind of in between casual and high class fancy. Just think of something nice.))

Soon they were at the club. The middle of the floor was a wide circle, where people danced. Around the sides were tables, and windows to two kitchens where servers got food and drinks. In the far back was the band, playing for the dancing crowd. Yarin and Kelran demorphed and remorphed in the limo, so they had the next hour and a half to have fun before time to demorph and remorph again.

"Let's have some fun!" Cody yelled over the noise of the crowd, as he took Emily's hand and led her out on the floor.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
((We didn't actually talk about it because SOMEONE didn't check his messages. *coughyarincough* Lol, I'm kidding. I'll describe my dress and let Yarin figure out his based on my response. However, I reserve the right to yell at him if he messes it up. XD))

Nichole shifted her weight, listening to the music. She felt a bit awkward. It had been a while since she had worn a tea-length dress, but she had to admit. Someone had good taste. It was black with deep purple trimming and laced up in the back over top of the zipper, in the same deep purple. It was strapless and poofed out in almost a tutu style, but not quite, since most tutus shoot strait out, while this one was still pulled down by gravity to just below her knees. She stood on black heels with silver inlay and was clutching a small silver purse, the two things she actually owned and had brought just in case she did go on a date while at college. She just didn't expect it to be quite this fancy.
"So...wanna dance or something?" She asked over the music.

((WEE! You have unleashed a monster.))

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »
"Yes I would like to dance." Yarin said in his semi-formal mating ritual Earth clothing, consisting of two pieces, a loose black jacket and black pants "You look acceptionally aesthetically pleasing tonight Nichole." Yarin said, as they began to slow dance.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:03:11 PM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »
Nichole smiled back, blushing a bit. It was nice, she mused, dancing with someone her own age. The last couple of times she had slow danced, it had either been with her dad or really old guys who were part of a community ballroom dancing class. "You look nice too." After a moment, she asked, "Where'd you learn to dance so well?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »
Emily was nervous and blushing a bit as she danced with Cody. The hero worship she felt after being saved had worn off, but she still blushed when she was around him. After all the sophisticated learning she had gone through, she didn't expect to fall for someone like Cody. He did have a nice smile, and confidence, though.

"Having fun?" Cody asked.

"Yeah. It's nice being in a place where I'm not being judged by instructors, or under the eye of my parents." Although she was having fun, in the back of her mind she had already identified three controllers in the room. Subconsciously, she moved closer to Cody.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
(Is it too early for the two Smilodites to drop in and . . . well, brawl?)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
((I was thinking we should give Kelran and Jmnar4 time to post, but if they don't post soon then go ahead. *Conjures over-the-internet summoning ability* Jmnar4 and Kelran, come to the thread and post please. What seems to work on Kelran might work on Jmnar4.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
Jason watched the others go off to the dance floor.  "Great," he muttered to himself, "once again I'm stuck with keeping a eye on Kelran."  He scanned the crowd, trying to detect if anyone acted like he or she might be a Controller.  As he did so, Jason noticed a group of girls looking his way.  Jason gave them a grin.  The girls smile back in turn.  "Well, can't let everyone else have all the fun," he said to himself.  Turning to Kelran he said, "Stay out of trouble and don't attract attention."  He started over to girls.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »
((I was thinking we should give Kelran and Jmnar4 time to post, but if they don't post soon then go ahead. *Conjures over-the-internet summoning ability* Jmnar4 and Kelran, come to the thread and post please. What seems to work on Kelran might work on Jmnar4.))

((I guess it worked, Daphnes.))

All Hu saw was darkness, with a bizarre sensation of spinning.  He could not tell were Bened was, but knew that he was someplace below him.  Suddenly, he saw a bright light . . . then he saw Bened clearly.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 01:58:50 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.