Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54739 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2008, 09:12:18 PM »
"Bug fighters have a standard Zero-space engine with a mounted Dracon Canon."  Yarin said
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »
"Whats the travel time of a standard z-space drive-core relative to a parsec?"
Kelran asked, then thunked the wall lightly in mild irritation. "Well its not even going to do us any good until I know what kind of travel time were talking about in the first place, and for that I need stellar cartograph charts...."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »
"We could go somewhere to look at charts. The police station has a hidden meeting room with a computer system. I we can hack into that computer, then we could find some charts." Emily said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »
(could we get Cody to do some 'boss work' and kabosh that idea? I want Kelran to break into a human observatory similar to how Ax did)

Kelran rubbed the back of his neck, "Im not really after resolution in a chart, or details, I need as much size as possible, for reference. Even a primitive optical telescope could provide a large enough image to pin down something...."
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »
"You suggest we sneak into a Yeerk run police station? Yeah, I'll say that's risky." Cody said. He didn't want to totally sqash Emily's ideas, but the police station was low on the list of places he was willing to go to. "There is an astral observatory outside of town. It would likely be less guarded than a police station. Let's try that first."

"Aye aye, captain." Emily said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2008, 10:53:40 PM »
"So it is decided, we will go to the observatory when will this be taking place and should I bring any equipment?"  Yarin asked.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »
(whats going to happen first, the club or stealing the bug fighter?)
After school was over, Jason headed home, thinking over Cody's plans for Thursday.  "Hang out with my fellow fighters, two of whom will be on a date, one of them a alien in human morph, and Cody will probably show up with that Emily girl."  Jason didn't mind that he would be the only one going alone, he preferred to be the loner, much more his style when it came to his social life.  He did like the idea of kicking back and having some fun, his only worry being what to do with Yarin when he would have to demorph and remorph without attracting any unwanted attention.  The Yeerks could be anywhere, even be at the club at the same time Jason and the others would be.  "We'll deal with that problem when the time comes.  Now all I have to do is get my suit ready for some partying."

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2008, 06:14:42 AM »
(I vote club first ;) )

"Right. All I really need is images if the 5 nearest galaxies, so a simple data recorder of some kind would suffice..."
Kelran yawned, "And now, Im going to get some sleep, because I havent had any in three days.
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2008, 08:12:10 AM »
((Yes, club first. Mission the following weekend. I thought I had made that clear in previous posts. Besides, we don't want cloakedfigure waiting longer than he has to to drop in.))

"By Kelran. We'll get you a Human morph tomorrow. Yarin, start morphing Human." Cody said as he went to get the boom box. "I will now teach you how to dance."

He placed the boom box on a table, and turned on some rock and roll. "Dancing and music go hand in hand. In order to dance properly, you must find the rhythm in the music. Once you have it, you must flow with it to create dancing."

Cody began to dance a bit with the music, and Emily started as well.

"We can start simple. Snap your fingers to the beat, then move your feet to the snapping. In no time You could stride across the dance floor, wooing all the ladies therein."

"And how many ladies have you wooed?" Emily saked.

"I have wooed my fair share. I've never taken it as far as a bed, but I've had my fair share of fun with the ladies."

"Right now, Yarin, I will teach you how to dance. Once you have that down, I will teach you how to dance with someone else."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2008, 09:47:31 AM »
((Yes, club first. Mission the following weekend. I thought I had made that clear in previous posts. Besides, we don't want cloakedfigure waiting longer than he has to to drop in.))

(That's okay.  Just you let you guys know, Hu will be obsessed with getting Bened, and consider the plight with Yeerks not his problem.  He will be very prideful, and resisent to accept the morphing tech, or any help.  And he would be violently allergic to the morphing tech.  Unless anyone has objections to these.  Just give me a nudge when you're ready for them to fall in.)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2008, 10:00:08 AM »
Yarin morphed human "I do not understand the point of this ritual."  He said "Then again many things humans do confuse me."  He tried to imitate Cody movements but found them dificult to emulate.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:49:10 AM by yarin »

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »
Kelran returned to the cave Jason had spotted.
Flying high above the human visual range, he made several sweeping arcs around the square mile surrounding the cave.
The cave itself was virtually invisible, and opened onto a small plateau of rock, surrounded by a rock outcropping englufed in beautiful trees of several varities both alien and almost familiar.
The mountain was very steep on all sides near the outcropping, it would be very hard to climb to on foot.
Further down was a small two lane flat surface for vehicles to navigate by. It was apparently only sparsely used.
On the other side of this another quarter mile away was a peculiar and similar traveling way consisting of two metal alloy rails on cut wooden supports sunk in a crushed rock bed.

Closer to the mountain, in the direction of town was a large area consisting of a few well kept buldings, small paths, large areas of green turf cut very smooth intersperced with sandy areas and pools of water. Kelran puzzled over this for a few moments, but after observing some men radically propell small white ridged balls into flagged holes, he inferred that it was the course for some sort of game.
He made a note to avoid being to close to the area during the day.

Landing in the cave Kelran took stock of his provisions.
a Hyper-spanner welding tool, a non-conductive pair of claw coverings, (to prevent electrocution when dealing with 700 volts or more)
A vibro-incisor tool, a tortional multi-tool, and an EM-omni-current generator.
The medical kit contained some dermo-plast patches, 4 injections of anabolic protoplasmers, 500ccs of pain killer in various strengths, materials for a splint, and sanitizing fluid.
All in all very mediocre fare by Kelran's standards. Even by Yeerk standards in some cases, though Visser 1 himself likely couldnt have figured out the EM-OCG.

First Kelran decided he wanted some light incase he should wish to stay up after dark.
Gryphons can see much better than humans in the dark, though their visual abilites are reduced by the lack of light, and it would be more comfortable to simply have all the light desired.

Kelran had the tools necessary to make a lighting fixture, but he would need a mount for several and some sort of simple crystalline material.
He chipped at the rocks around the mountain until he unearthed a cloudy crystalline rock, which would suit his purposes just fine.
He later found out that this mineral was locally known as 'quartz'

With several dozen kilograms of it, he set out to the mroe difficult task of finding a metallic mount.
It was getting on towards evening, and the gaming course below the mountain was largely empty.

After scouring the area, Kelran decided the best material would be the struts from the roof of one of the small vehicles used to covey the players around. Some had a flimsy roof supported by metallic stanchions, and Kelran swiftly removed several of them, dropping the roof itself into one of the water features.

Returning to the cave, Kelran stripped the paint from the metal, galvanized and triaxilated it to make it suitable, then used the Hyper-Spanner to weld and cut and merge the pieces into four quarter-circle 'donught' sections.
Inside each section he mounted the crystals, which after subjection to several types of radiation from the EM-OCG were capable of producing a nearly exact replica of any mood color and type of light visible to normal eyes, though admittedly anything fancy would require a more complex control circuit, and Kelran hoped he wouldnt be here long enough to make one.
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »

(That's okay.  Just you let you guys know, Hu will be obsessed with getting Bened, and consider the plight with Yeerks not his problem.  He will be very prideful, and resisent to accept the morphing tech, or any help.  And he would be violently allergic to the morphing tech.  Unless anyone has objections to these.  Just give me a nudge when you're ready for them to fall in.)

((That's all fine. Shall we have Bened join the Yeerks? Either infested, or not infested?))

"I'll try to explain. Dancing requires coordination and stamina. Sex also requires this."

"So says the virgin." Emily chided.

"Whatever. You want to show the woman that you are physically fit, and dancing is a good way to show it. It's also a form of entertainment. Dancing is something that many, many species on this planet do for the opposite gender, and Humans are no exception. Let's try something slower."

Cody found a slow song, and hoped that it would be easier for Yarin to handle.

"Well, I must be getting home for dinner. I'll see you guys later." Emily said. Watching them fast dance was kind of amusing, but slow dancing was sometimes a bit more personal and intimate. It made her blush a little, at the thought of Cody asking her to slow dance with him.

"Don't worry about catching everything at once. We have a fair amount of time until Thursday evening." Cody said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »
(I want Bened to be responsible for his actions, though I admit I was playing around with the idea that maybe he was infested on Aruten, but let's leave him uninfested.  Though teaming up with the Yeerks sounds about right.  Bened would have make sure that they wouldn't infest him though.  Maybe by ingesting a certain Aruten herb or something. . . .)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2008, 12:58:28 AM »
After many hours of practice and subsequent demorphings Yarin could finally dance properly.  He could not wait to show Nichole what he could do.